IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,584 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 312.
#2751 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ouch.
Question: "Will there be additional music?"
Answer: Long uncomfortable pause....."That's a possibility"

I missed this pause/comment, but that doesn't sound encouraging.

Mike Vinikour's reveals re: upcoming rules and code sound great though!

#2752 1 year ago

But that’s the fun of it. Watching it grow over time. George said he takes input from players and adjust what they do coding wise to some extent.Why wouldn’t you want that? Why wouldn’t you want to see a game grow right before you eyes with each update. I for one wouldn’t want to purchase a pin totally done. I enjoy the ride.

#2753 1 year ago

This game is gonna kick ass.

Bring on the Bond girls clips!

Loving the shots

Just needs to keep getting that meat on the bones!

BM66 code with much better layout.

#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ouch.
Question: "Will there be additional music?"
Answer: Long uncomfortable pause....."That's a possibility"

Hmm, I think maybe George meant additional music that they haven’t all ready licensed? Because he all ready said they licensed Diamonds Are Forever and You Only Live Twice, and they aren’t in the game yet.

#2755 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This game is gonna kick ass.
Bring on the Bond girls clips!
Loving the shots
Just needs to keep getting that meat on the bones!
BM66 code with much better layout.

Amen brother!!

#2756 1 year ago

Here are my notes from the streaming event with George Gomez and Mike Vinikour on 2/2/2023 if you don't want to watch a 2 hour long thing.

-New code next week with mode stacking, Dr. No stuff
-There will be a mode later where you can drop the ball on the playfield (I think this is where you control the jetpack ball drop location)
-There will be at least one light show for the underwater scene
-There is a kit available from the parts/service to fix the ball trap above the gate in front of Bird One (and a couple other spots). Call tech support and ask for the Bond ball trap kit. This mostly applies to games made earlier in the run.
-Prof. Dent mode: hit the tank target to freeze the rotating shot (the blinking arrow)
-More music definitely possible (???)
-the topper is similar to the 60th topper with RGB LEDs
-shooter knob similar to the 60th (Union Jack)
-Bond 60th code will be at 1.0 when shipped
-IC achievements: a ton more coming, probably more than 100 when finished
-GZ topper coming soon
-George owns all of his own games plus MM, JP, GoG, waiting for a GZ, some are in boxes, will probably sell T2
-They are trying to get us the code updates ASAP, moving from a 4 week cycle to smaller, more frequent updates
-Accessories are coming (already approved)
-A lot more surprises coming (in the code, I assume)
-IC app coming, Home leaderboards coming

#2757 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Here are my notes from the streaming event with George Gomez and Mike Vinikour on 2/2/2023 if you don't want to watch a 2 hour long thing.
-There will be a mode later where you can drop the ball on the playfield (I think this is where you control the jetpack ball drop location)
-There is a kit available from the parts/service to fix the ball trap above the gate in front of Bird One (and a couple other spots). Call tech support and ask for the Bond ball trap kit. This mostly applies to games made earlier in the run.
-Rosa Klebb mode: hit the tank target to freeze the rotating shot (the blinking arrow)
-GZ topper coming soon
-George owns all of his own games plus MM, JP, GoG, waiting for a GZ, some are in boxes, will probably sell T2
-They are trying to get us the code updates ASAP, moving from a 4 week cycle to smaller, more frequent updates

Another "nugget" that I caught: a "ball swipe" (?) feature, similar to that apparently on Stranger Things, where a physically locked ball can be released as an add-a-ball in multiball modes by hitting the action button. The downside is that you lose a locked ball and will have to re-earn it. This feature will only be available with Premium/LE gameplay code as it requires a physical ball lock.

#2758 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I missed this pause/comment, but doesn't sound encouraging.

George is a brilliant creator. Look at his resume of games. I think he is totally burned out with the licensing roadblocks interfering with his creativity. If I were him then I know I would be. Yes, I noticed the pause and then all the announcers got quiet and tried to move the subject along, but I mean what else is there to say about this topic? Actually, the stream renewed my confidence that George is not gonna let this one sit half baked. I appreciated some of his more candid answers.

#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

George is a brilliant creator. Look at his resume of games. I think he is totally burned out with the licensing roadblocks interfering with his creativity. If I were him then I know I would be. Yes, I noticed the pause and then all the announcers got quiet and tried to move the subject along, but I mean what else is there to say about this topic? Actually, the stream renewed my confidence that George is not gonna let this one sit half baked. I appreciated some of his more candid answers.

So how much time did he buy tonight before the pitch forks come out again?

Sounds like good stuff is coming down the pike.

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So how much time did he buy tonight before the pitch forks come out again?

lol hopefully we will all be happy campers after the next couple updates!

#2761 1 year ago

I’m hoping that eventually there are mini wizard modes associated with each film. Maybe awarded after beating the henchman and main villain of the film?

Getting my pro tomorrow, looking forward to see where this game goes. It’s not the prettiest game Sterns done lately, but I love how packed the pro is. Reminds me of Deadpool - you lose very little on the pro vs the premium.

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I’m hoping that eventually there are mini wizard modes associated with each film. Maybe awarded after beating the henchman and main villain of the film?
Getting my pro tomorrow, looking forward to see where this game goes. It’s not the prettiest game Sterns done lately, but I love how packed the pro is. Reminds me of Deadpool - you lose very little on the pro vs the premium.

Pretty sure it already says “Complete all Henchmen modes to start Wizard mode” at some point. I’ll have to go play a game to double check but I’m pretty sure.

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Pretty sure it already says “Complete all Henchmen modes to start Wizard mode” at some point. I’ll have to go play a game to double check but I’m pretty sure.

It does say that as is, I was referring to the giant inserts in the middle of the playfield for each movie that currently aren’t associated with anything

#2764 1 year ago

Alright, which one of you was this?

3CD76445-F8B1-4972-B9E2-570105D10D3F (resized).jpeg3CD76445-F8B1-4972-B9E2-570105D10D3F (resized).jpeg

#2765 1 year ago

All the skeptic jabronies getting into the psyche of the purchasers... at least my psyche, for a minute.

I was very happy to hear the podcast and how exciting the code sounds. They also helped me to be able to play the game cause the rules are a bit complex. I'm not sure I'll ever be good enough to get to the wizard mode, but I gotta have goals.

I thought the freeze mode with the tank shot was for Professor Dent...? I'll have to go back and double check...

#2766 1 year ago

All sounds good. Looking forward to the jetpack mode where you can drop the ball on specific targets. Really hope we get some more music.....

#2767 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Thanks so much for the sweet notetaking! Really well organized.

#2768 1 year ago

Just reminded me of:

6CA26BE1-C4DA-4593-8146-6F78F7518006 (resized).jpeg6CA26BE1-C4DA-4593-8146-6F78F7518006 (resized).jpeg
#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Looking forward to the jetpack mode where you can drop the ball on specific targets.

Targets, plural? There's only one target to drop it on, what am I not seeing?

#2770 1 year ago

If they could make the up post NOT release the ball before the end of the cut scene so it drains whilst I'm watching the LCD, that'd be nice.

#2771 1 year ago

Couple takes, still listening to podcast.

Next weeks code drop major game changer, tons of video to come, music very possible(didn’t necessarily find response awkward) and accessories coming soon and will match the 60th, topper, shooter and armor. Said we’ve seen it all. Also side art will be similar to cornerstone LE just different sketches.

All sounds great!

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

All the skeptic jabronies getting into the psyche of the purchasers... at least my psyche, for a minute.
I was very happy to hear the podcast and how exciting the code sounds. They also helped me to be able to play the game cause the rules are a bit complex. I'm not sure I'll ever be good enough to get to the wizard mode, but I gotta have goals.
I thought the freeze mode with the tank shot was for Professor Dent...? I'll have to go back and double check...

Yeah, Professor Dent - that pesky fast-moving yellow arrow. Shoot the dragon tank to freeze it and it will have a lit yellow arrow + keep the moving arrow going. Made it sound like you could freeze more than one, maybe all?

#2773 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yeah, Professor Dent - that pesky fast-moving yellow arrow. Shoot the dragon tank to freeze it and it will have a lit yellow arrow + keep the moving arrow going. Made it sound like you could freeze more than one, maybe all?

That's exactly what they said. You want to freeze all the shots before going for any to maximize points.

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Targets, plural? There's only one target to drop it on, what am I not seeing?

Depends on what you call a target but Gomez said even in the video from a couple months ago that there would be options or modes to control the release so you could drop it on the Bird One ramp, for example.

#2775 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Depends on what you call a target but Gomez said even in the video from a couple months ago that there would be options or modes to control the release so you could drop it on the Bird One ramp, for example.

I wondered if he'd reach that far, that'd be a cool shortcut for a lock!

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I wondered if he'd reach that far, that'd be a cool shortcut for a lock!

I've had mine go over that far and I'm pretty sure his legs hit the wireform before going all the way over.

#2777 1 year ago

My upper orbit is not always registering and it sounds like a common problem. The ball loops around but the shot doesn’t count. Had 3 in a row during Bird One mb while the shot was flashing and none of them counted. Software issue or does it need an MRS switch?

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

I've had mine go over that far and I'm pretty sure his legs hit the wireform before going all the way over.

Yeah, they do - but Bond is on a pivot so he simply leans over and goes on past the wireform. You can see this if you run the calibration routine in settings. I got concerned the first time I saw it "oh shit, his legs are gonna get hung up" but he pivots and goes right on by.

#2779 1 year ago

Something I've seen a couple times now and I know a couple others in the thread have mentioned it: When you start a game, the jetpack is supposed to index out from its home position and allow the ball to come through. He'll stay indexed out until you lock a ball for jetpack multiball, at which point he returns the short distance to home and the magnet fires and picks up the ball. Occasionally on my machine, Bond fails to index out and stays in his original home position - which makes a mess since balls shot around the upper jetpack orbit hit his feet and either get trapped there or fall off down to the shooter lane, etc.

George explained that at the bottom of the main jetpack assembly, on the motor side of the belt drive is a "clutch" of sorts, using a belleville / wavy washer. He answered my question about this on the stream last night and he recommended tightening the bolt on the end of that shaft (part #6 from Stern's manual below) to compress the wavy washer a bit and that this should clear up the issue. I did that last night and haven't had the problem repeat yet. But I also haven't played a lot of games yet.

I assume the purpose of the clutch is to keep the mech from breaking or from snapping Bond into pieces if it were to get hung up during its travel, so it seems like something you should only tweak if you have a problem and in my mind, only tweak a little to avoid losing the compliance that the clutch provides. I tweaked it about 1/8 turn tighter. The clutch bolt is easiest to access with the playfield flipped up vertical against the backbox.

Clutch Bolt is on the end of the belt pulley, circled in redClutch Bolt is on the end of the belt pulley, circled in red

#2780 1 year ago

Just gave a nice wax job on the playfield.

It's crazy fast. If you guys are having a problem with the left jetpack ramp in the back. Wax around the spinner and just before moving up to the ramp. It's butter smooth now and did a few back to back combos with left ramp and villains ramp followed by henchmen.

Really love the flow on that game and looking forward for next week code update.

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

-Rosa Klebb mode: hit the tank target to freeze the rotating shot (the blinking arrow)
-GZ topper coming soon

Great summary! One correction: the roaming shot Mike talked about was actually Professor Dent. I believe Rosa Klebb has stationary targets - either shoot the easy solid-lit shot under the ramps, or the more difficult flashing-lit side ramp shot to complete.

Mike talked about how the flashing shots were more valuable in the modes.

He also talked at length about one of the modes (I forget) which allows you to freeze shots and then shot them in the order you froze them. I’m doing a bad job of summarizing it, but it sounded really cool.

He also reminded me that I need to turn on stealing other people’s locked balls on my stranger things.

#2782 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

-GZ topper coming soon

A few other things:

-The other Q modes are going to be multiball modes (hitting shots add balls)
-The Weapon mode hurry ups will award power ups, some that will last the ball and some that will last the game. Stuff like add-a-ball GOT style
-Some of us have complained about how difficult it currently is to complete modes; some modes can be extended in forthcoming code by hitting certain targets
-Described the Bond Women multiplier a bit...Bond women loops shots will award playfield multiplier, which you activate with action button. You can "bank" these until it gets all the way to 6, and when you cash it in you'll get 7X playfield scoring at that point (get it? 007 scoring!). If you don't use your playfield X before your ball ends, you'll lose it (won't be ready next ball). Seems like this will be the key to huge scores. You won't be able to stack Bond Babe hurry ups with multiballs as it would be "too easy" to win more playfield X.

#2783 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Just gave a nice wax job on the playfield.
It's crazy fast. If you guys are having a problem with the left jetpack ramp in the back. Wax around the spinner and just before moving up to the ramp. It's butter smooth now and did a few back to back combos with left ramp and villains ramp followed by henchmen.
Really love the flow on that game and looking forward for next week code update.

I can’t imagine waxing this game. I already have balls flying around so fast they came back and jump over the flippers more than any other game I’ve played.

#2784 1 year ago

I know on the original reveal stream, George was lukewarm on the sound of the spinner, but having owned it now for a over month, I love it. Especially the sound change to super spinner. Reminds me so much of alpha numeric games. Ripping that thing at 7x scoring is gonna be like

039C303B-EA70-4C3B-A8A5-C52A6999FEA4 (resized).png039C303B-EA70-4C3B-A8A5-C52A6999FEA4 (resized).png
#2785 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I know on the original reveal stream, George was lukewarm on the sound of the spinner, but having owned it now for a over month, I love it. Especially the sound change to super spinner. Reminds me so much of alpha numeric games. Ripping that thing at 7x scoring is gonna be like[quoted image]

The spinner sound is killer. As far as I can tell it's the exact same sound as the spinners on Flight 2000.

#2786 1 year ago

Finished up the all Connery translite, for those interested. PM if you would like to get on the waitlist and should have them ready for shipping in the next two weeks. Will post pictures of the actual translite installed once I receive the first copy from the printer. Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2787 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I can’t imagine waxing this game. I already have balls flying around so fast they came back and jump over the flippers more than any other game I’ve played.

I'll never understand anyone waxing a game. It's just adding unnecessary crap to the pf that builds up everywhere.

#2788 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'll never understand anyone waxing a game. It's just adding unnecessary crap to the pf that builds up everywhere.

Not if you do it properly

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Wax is still going to get on the balls and end up everywhere. I play a a local collectors house and I asked him about PF care a long time ago as he's been in the game for decades. Has one of the most excellent collections I've ever seen, and he told me there is no reason to wax. I agree with him. Especially after seeing and playing his games. Then every time I buy a second hand game, someone has been adding wax and the shit is everywhere. Plus even after the wax, it wears off quickly. Completely unnecessary imo.

#2790 1 year ago

Yeah wax is a relic of the old days before playfields had clear coat protection. Totally unnecessary in modern games or really anything in a home collection.

I have a Williams argosy, my first ever game. According to the play meter it’s gotten 50,000 games on it since I bought it 21 years ago. Comparing photos from today and the day I bought the machine, there is zero significant additional wear and I haven’t waxed it in 20 years.

#2791 1 year ago

To each his own.

I always waxed my games after a while. You need to clean everything before you do so. I also change balls. So I use novus to clean the playfield, after that you make sure everything is dry before applying a little bit of wax. You buff it, let it dry. After a nice clean microfiber towel to extract the surplus and give it a nice shiny clean look.

It's fun to me and I use that time to look around and inspect the game, see if damage is building up anywhere.

I always had games in immaculate condition and to me taking care of it is the trick.

On a side note I play all my games a lot.

Already have a few hundreds games on James Bond. My AC/DC had thousands of games on it and the buyer was asking me if I play my games or just let them sit there.

#2792 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Unfortunately, many don't apparently as it's common to see built up dried wax on posts, under plastics, etc.

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

To each his own.
I always waxed my games after a while. You need to clean everything before you do so. ... It's fun to me ...

While I can appreciate the merits of waxing, I find the required process to be time consuming, tedious, and unnecessary. Accordingly, I clean my modern games with a vacuum, Novus One and rubber cleaner, but never bother with wax. My Bond will be no different.

As you say though, to each his own.

#2793 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Great summary! One correction: the roaming shot Mike talked about was actually Professor Dent. I believe Rosa Klebb has stationary targets - either shoot the easy solid-lit shot under the ramps, or the more difficult flashing-lit side ramp shot to complete.

Thanks for the corrections on that roaming target, everyone. I've updated my post above. I realized this was wrong when I played the game last night and got the Rosa Klebb mode and the shots/arrows were not moving.

#2794 1 year ago

wax helped a lot with 'flipper fade' and reliably making the TK lock on my STh. fun to keep a home game super fast and hard and if you're gonna clean it anyway...

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

While I can appreciate the merits of waxing, I find the required process to be time consuming, tedious, and unnecessary

D871ABD4-269E-4E1D-90DE-F1F26888D513.gifD871ABD4-269E-4E1D-90DE-F1F26888D513.gif
#2796 1 year ago

I was just watching that movie last night.

#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

My upper orbit is not always registering and it sounds like a common problem. The ball loops around but the shot doesn’t count. Had 3 in a row during Bird One mb while the shot was flashing and none of them counted. Software issue or does it need an MRS switch?

Shoot me a pic of the area - let's take a look....

Matt
M&M Creations

#2798 1 year ago

Did anyone understand what they were referring to with the 3 from Russia with love lights between ramps?

Is this an indicator for something in the game now or yet to come?

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did anyone understand what they were referring to with the 3 from Russia with love lights between ramps?
Is this an indicator for something in the game now or yet to come?

Advancing those does nothing now.

#2800 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Advancing those does nothing now.

That’s what I figured, doesn’t seem to reflect anything when you shoot while flashing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,500 (Firm)
8,200 (OBO)
13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,584 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/56?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.