IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 313.
#2701 1 year ago

Polite and direct won't do it.

Check out the BKSOR thread and see how REAL MEN demand code to their satisfaction!

If we ever want to be able to stack modes with multiballs, we are gonna need to insult Stern employees personally, and perhaps make veiled stalky threats!

We can do this!

#2702 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Polite and direct won't do it.

How do you foresee the stream?

E10005FD-1092-4835-A05E-96608391374C (resized).jpegE10005FD-1092-4835-A05E-96608391374C (resized).jpeg
#2703 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Curious to watch the upcoming Gomez stream. Hopefully people ask "polite yet direct questions."
I see this stream going one of two ways: either damage control (lots of sorrys) or solid information on where this game is going code-wise, i.e EXACT details of when code updates will be implemented and exactly what the code updates will be. Personally, I think they also owe us the real explanation regarding the licensing debacle. Obviously, licensing was once thought to be in the bag or the game never would have been given the green light. I think Gomez is a brilliant person and a very likable fellow, but we as the buyers of these very expensive toys should demand explanations.

Yeah I’m looking forward to this one as well. George said lots of things in the first several podcasts he did from having all the clips, 10 songs, accessories being available shortly, certain decal that is supposed to be in goodie bag and isn’t and recently that stacking etc.. is up next.

None of this stuff has happened yet.

Love the game but so far he over sold it.

#2704 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Love the game but so far he over sold it.

They never do that! Lol

78FAC71F-BD32-4475-B723-8E8F9C57DAE5 (resized).jpeg78FAC71F-BD32-4475-B723-8E8F9C57DAE5 (resized).jpeg
#2705 1 year ago

Some folks have mentioned shooter lane issues. I've been having the same problem - the ball is catching on the way up and sometimes doesn't even make it to the pops. Happens whether it's auto shoot or manual plunger. It has reached the point of bothering me.

I started messing around with it, including take some slo-mo videos. It looks like my ball is catching in 2 possible areas because everything is not perfectly aligned. Because I'm a picture editing wiz I thought it easiest to attached a picture (contain your laughter please).

I started out by slightly bending out the "2nd guardrail" to prevent the ball from hitting that metal piece after the guardrails (under the ramps). There was some improvement, but it could also catch on the "2nd guardrail" so I slightly bent out the "1st guardrail". I'm not sure if bending out the "2nd guardrail" is necessary if the 1st one is done so I didn't indicate that in the picture.

Did 15-20 plunges and every plunge worked great. We'll see how it goes moving forward.

If you try this, be very careful please and don't overbend anything - it will not go back to it's original position without removing it because they have a "stop" moving back to their original position. If you do attempt, I suggest very slight iterations.

I suspect over time, they may relax a bit and slightly move back so there may be some slight adjustment needed every so often.

InkedBond LE shooter lane edit (resized).jpgInkedBond LE shooter lane edit (resized).jpg
#2706 1 year ago

He addressed a number of things around licensing and code in the stream they did with him a couple months ago. Worth a watch for folks who haven't seen it. I look forward to tonight's stream as well, there are usually some fun/interesting nuggets shared.

https://www.youtube.com/live/6lIoM7I1jUY?feature=share

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Polite and direct won't do it. ... If we ever want to be able to stack modes with multiballs, we are gonna need to insult Stern employees personally, and perhaps make veiled stalky threats! We can do this!

lol

Perhaps a picket line in front of the Stern plant, as well, yelling:

"What do we want?" "CODE!"

"When do we want it?" "NOW!"

#2708 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

lol
Perhaps a picket line in front of the Stern plant, as well, yelling:
"What do we want?" "CODE!"
"When do we want it?" "NOW!"

Not just Code....perfect code that everyone on pinside will approve of.

#2709 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Not just Code....perfect code that everyone on pinside will approve of.

Now that's an impossible ask

#2710 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Some folks have mentioned shooter lane issues. I've been having the same problem - the ball is catching on the way up and sometimes doesn't even make it to the pops. Happens whether it's auto shoot or manual plunger. It has reached the point of bothering me.
I started messing around with it, including take some slo-mo videos. It looks like my ball is catching in 2 possible areas because everything is not perfectly aligned. Because I'm a picture editing wiz I thought it easiest to attached a picture (contain your laughter please).
I started out by slightly bending out the "2nd guardrail" to prevent the ball from hitting that metal piece after the guardrails (under the ramps). There was some improvement, but it could also catch on the "2nd guardrail" so I slightly bent out the "1st guardrail". I'm not sure if bending out the "2nd guardrail" is necessary if the 1st one is done so I didn't indicate that in the picture.
Did 15-20 plunges and every plunge worked great. We'll see how it goes moving forward.
If you try this, be very careful please and don't overbend anything - it will not go back to it's original position without removing it because they have a "stop" moving back to their original position. If you do attempt, I suggest very slight iterations.
I suspect over time, they may relax a bit and slightly move back so there may be some slight adjustment needed every so often.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. I bent the second ones in trying to deal with this,. limited improvement. Didn't think about just bending the first one out. Smart.

#2711 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Thanks for sharing. I bent the second ones in trying to deal with this,. limited improvement. Didn't think about just bending the first one out. Smart.

Have you tried shifting field over? Rush really moves left, I need to shim it. Bond has acted up a few times, and I pushed it to the left side and no issues since

#2712 1 year ago

Is the marco gomez stream still happening?

#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Was just going to ask, don’t see anything.

#2714 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

guess not. shoot... I was looking fwd

#2715 1 year ago

It's on now:

#2716 1 year ago

Gomez: New code release next week with mode stacking.

#2717 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Yeah… took him literally 5 seconds to announce that!

#2718 1 year ago

well that was an informative less than twelve minutes!

#2719 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Dr No mode and some other stuff as well. This game could be so good if they aren’t neutered.

#2720 1 year ago

maybe there are also licensing issues with Twitch, Facebook and Youtube?

#2721 1 year ago

So I guess that is it. 12 minutes. I guess it is past 5pm East Coast time. I just thought it would be a bit more informative. At least we know there is a code update coming out soon!

#2722 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

maybe there are also licensing issues with Twitch, Facebook and Youtube?

well played sir.

#2723 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Yeah… took him literally 5 seconds to announce that!

Totally. The first words out of his mouth basically.

#2724 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:So I guess that is it. 12 minutes. I guess it is past 5pm East Coast time. I just thought it would be a bit more informative. At least we know there is a code update coming out soon!

That’s really all we needed to know, right?

#2725 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Totally. The first words out of his mouth basically.

Hallelujah on that…. BTW

#2726 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

well played sir.

Apologies for the sarcastic tone. I just thought it would be longer.

#2727 1 year ago

they pretty clearly were having technical difficulties

#2728 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

No…no… I am 100% with you.

Technical difficulties.

Unless the jackass liscensors shut that sh*t down…ha!

#2729 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

they pretty clearly were having technical difficulties

no, i think that was it. They said code update next week.

#2730 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

In dog minutes the stream lasted 84 minutes

#2731 1 year ago

So, I finally found a location near me that had the new Bond. And my biggest gripe is easily the area underneath the Jet Pack on the left being a black hole. I’d say 1-2 balls ended per game firing off the slingshots and getting caught underneath the Jet Pack and funneling down the left out lane. Granted, the location didn’t seem to have this one configured properly because the flippers were extremely sluggish, making it very difficult to be precise with my shots and avoid this from happening

Other than that, more than once I lost a ball when I was starting Henchman mode because I was captivated watching the screen for the cutscenes while the ball was released and I didn’t notice until it was too late so that’s 100% player error haha

#2732 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s really all we needed to know, right?

Pretty much…

#2733 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

you're probably right. cutting gomez off mid sentence was surely always the plan

#2734 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

No, the stream crashed, they are working on bringing it back up.

#2735 1 year ago

So are they bringing that stream back up or they give up?

#2736 1 year ago

Anyone have the link to the stream? Provided it does come back up?

#2737 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Hopefully they do not have to go through Stern tech support or it could be awhile.

#2739 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Still trying, but doesn't look good to me.

#2740 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Still trying, but doesn't look good to me.

That sucks but he did say new code, new mode, and stacking lol

#2741 1 year ago

this might be it live

#2742 1 year ago

They did go live again.

#2743 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

One note, per George: Villains, Henchmen and Q Gadgets will stack (they'll keep running during multiball) but SPECTRE weapons will not. There were reasons given, but will be cool to be able to use Multiball to help finish some of the modes.

#2744 1 year ago

It was inferred that at least some of the upcoming Q gadget modes will be multiball.

#2745 1 year ago

Ouch.

Question: "Will there be additional music?"

Answer: Long uncomfortable pause....."That's a possibility"

#2746 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ouch.
Question: "Will there be additional music?"
Answer: Long uncomfortable pause....."That's a possibility"

yeah that was strange

#2747 1 year ago

If anybody after listening to this live stream isn’t totally pumped for where this game is heading list it immediately please. Nuff said !

#2748 1 year ago

If code next week drops with mode stacking into multiball as described that will be a huge improvement. Still lots of potential beyond that to make this game shine so I hope they keep plugging away and make it great!

#2749 1 year ago

Tired of whiney Pinside C***s judging Bond this early on. George will not let us down and this stream for the most part proves it. Mike V is the man btw! Bond will be better than Stranger Things and I've owned one.

#2750 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Tired of whiney Pinside C***s judging Bond this early on. George will not let us down and this stream for the most part proves it. Mike V is the man btw! Bond will be better than Stranger Things and I've owned one.

Stern shipped it in this state, therefore we have every right to judge it as-is, not based on what we think/hope it will become.

But I do agree that Stern is definitely not finished with Bond, and we should try and be patient.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.