IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4637 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 309.
#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Needs a shield for the naked blue light strip, but other than that, huge improvement.

Yup I thought about that too. if someone knows where to find some shield that could work let me know please

#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Yup I thought about that too. if someone knows where to find some shield that could work let me know please

I was more talking about Lermods thinking about including it, even it the price was a little more. One could be 3D printed in minutes that could do the job. Or maybe offer one kit with and one without the shield because the Pro users don't need it because the window is printed, not clear.

#2653 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How does that lighting interact when flasher in game goes off?

The diver fight lights are connected with the OG flashers, so whenever they flash, the ice blue lights does it as well

With the Nellie lights are connected with the Bumpers, so every time the bumper gets hit, the flashers goes berserk like it is shooting with the machine guns. Looks amazing 1C41FAEF-4044-4290-9B5F-6B6615C08730 (resized).jpeg1C41FAEF-4044-4290-9B5F-6B6615C08730 (resized).jpeg

#2654 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Blue lights are bad ass. How did you go about achieving that ?

Lermods made them! Go check them out here https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/james-bond-diver-fight-flasher

54BA7907-5E4B-4A48-86CC-BD0707F8209E (resized).jpeg54BA7907-5E4B-4A48-86CC-BD0707F8209E (resized).jpeg6525C183-03CC-499F-AFF9-A627114C4979 (resized).jpeg6525C183-03CC-499F-AFF9-A627114C4979 (resized).jpeg

#2655 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was more talking about Lermods thinking about including it, even it the price was a little more. One could be 3D printed in minutes that could do the job. Or maybe offer one kit with and one without the shield because the Pro users don't need it because the window is printed, not clear.

Mmm I get what you are saying know. Yeah, couldn’t agree more. The lights does a really good job to pop up that part of the playfield that I believe gets a little bit lost on the darkness, but when you kind of see the “naked” lights some of the magic gets lost in translation as well.

#2656 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Stripped her down for a playfield protector install. Please don’t pile on. Some of us actually like playfield protectors.
[quoted image]

Hi! Can you share the link where you bought your playfield protector

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Camel toe appears larger as well.

Hysterical. Even my wife laughed.

#2658 1 year ago

Mmm I get what you are saying know. Yeah, couldn’t agree more. The lights does a really good job to pop up that part of the playfield that I believe gets a little bit lost on the darkness, but when you kind of see the “naked” lights some of the magic gets lost in translation as well.

Or there could be a bracket made to hold the lighting back beyond the window edge so you couldn't see the lights, but it would still light up the diorama action scene.

#2659 1 year ago

Btw Any recommendations for pinball under cabinet lighting? That interacts with gameplay? Specially for James Bond! I’m all ears

#2660 1 year ago

Re: Diver and Undercab lights.

As for cleaning up the look on diver lights, there's all sorts of inexpensive covered led track on Amazon that can be cut to fit. I used this for trough lighting on a couple games, and with Undercab lights:

https://a.co/d/eHRRfbv

You could also achieve a similar result just by making your own with waterproof on a black base like this:

PESIC 10x DC12V 30cm 15 SMD LED Car Truck Flexible Waterproof Light Strip Ice Blue https://a.co/d/hkm7BK0

Or better yet, use rope lights for a much cleaner look:

https://a.co/d/38EwuMb

Either could just be soldered onto the flasher leads if you're into DIY and winding up spending about the same to have a ton of mats left over.

And regardless it makes more sense to mount it on the side nearest the player instead of the back lip like here. On the front lip you're unlikely to ever see it when playing or in a lineup anyway. Maybe lermods doesn't include enough wire?

Similar products and principles can be used to DIY Undercab lights. There are tons of different RGB and mono led strips available cheap in 12v or 5v, which is convenient since flashers are 12 and GI/controlled is 5v. If you actually want interactive, a simple approach is to put one color as a base either on GI w/ 5v or just plugged into the service outlet, then put a strip of another color at 12v on a flasher. From there you can get real creative with multiple flashers and/or colors.

The real simple approach, and what I usually do, is just get an RGB roll with a transformer and music activated option built in, and just plug it into the service outlet in the backbox. In addition to Undercab, I'll solder a little wire on the end of that strip and run it up the back to put a strip at the top of the backbox too. The Govee brand on Amazon is great as you can control them through a phone app, much easier to find colors or patterns you like than with those little remotes they come with. Music activated is "interactive" if you want, though on bond I just went with a teal color to match the LE armor.

#2661 1 year ago

Hi! Can you share the link where you bought your playfield protector

The playfield protectors are available at “playfield-protectors.com”. German company. They ship to my door usually within 5 days. Great quality too. Be sure to clean the playfield really well with just a clean lint-free cloth after removing everything and just before installing the protector.
I have friends who swear by them and others who say that they hate them. To each his own, but I love the fact that they keep the playfield new even after thousands of plays. No dimples or ball trails. The only “detractor” is that then ball rolls more quietly. The balls roll the same, spin the same and play the same. My friends who hate them usually don’t realize that they are on all of my pins and always compliment my pins when they play them.

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or there could be a bracket made to hold the lighting back beyond the window edge so you couldn't see the lights, but it would still light up the diorama action scene.

Thanks for flagging this, we have a pro, but the idea will work for both games. We will provide two mounting brackets going forward (all orders that haven't shipped will have these.)

PXL_20230201_174013749 (resized).jpgPXL_20230201_174013749 (resized).jpgPXL_20230201_173824825 (resized).jpgPXL_20230201_173824825 (resized).jpg
#2663 1 year ago

Hi - anyone have issues with the spinner? I have a premium and I seem to get rejected from the spinner a lot. I was thinking about raising it up with a washer or two. Maybe i just need to play better

and - has anyone got to 7x playfield??

#2664 1 year ago

Mezel mods rocket looks SO MUCH BETTER in this machine.

EF866A3F-B15F-4966-80D5-DB54018D332D (resized).jpegEF866A3F-B15F-4966-80D5-DB54018D332D (resized).jpeg
#2665 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I was waiting for this comment. haha...

#2666 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I was waiting for this comment. haha...

Pretty much why I posted it.

#2667 1 year ago

We set up our new-in-box LE last night. On the third game, this morning, it hard-crashed right in the middle. Flippers stopped working. Playfield went dark. Screen said "initializing". v0.84 software. Anyone else seen this?

Other issues: (1) the shooter was misaligned such that it imparted only a feeble kick to the ball. Even if pulled back all the way, the ball wouldn't even go into the playfield. The installer took it apart twice and realigned it and now it works as expected; (2) the ball return just below the flippers might be mounted at the wrong angle. My very first ball drained into the ball return and didn't move after that. The machine responded to this by kicking everything, thinking that the ball was stuck somewhere. The ball came loose when I jostled the machine. This happened 2 or 3 times in just 10 balls.

#2668 1 year ago
Quoted from NewFloridian:

We set up our new-in-box LE last night. On the third game, this morning, it hard-crashed right in the middle. Flippers stopped working. Playfield went dark. Screen said "initializing". v0.84 software. Anyone else seen this?
Other issues: (1) the shooter was misaligned such that it imparted only a feeble kick to the ball. Even if pulled back all the way, the ball wouldn't even go into the playfield. The installer took it apart twice and realigned it and now it works as expected; (2) the ball return just below the flippers might be mounted at the wrong angle. My very first ball drained into the ball return and didn't move after that. The machine responded to this by kicking everything, thinking that the ball was stuck somewhere. The ball came loose when I jostled the machine. This happened 2 or 3 times in just 10 balls.

Your machine was doing an automatic update to the code when it died in the middle of the game. Working as designed. You may have to do some poking around in the ball trough to see if there is some debris in there hindering the balls travel.

#2669 1 year ago

I bought these ones that works perfectly with LE as well. It’s tricky where to put it cause you might see them when you are playing. Needs to find the right angle and the spot so works to get to light only the toys and the background
I bought it here https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/james-bond-diver-fight-flasher

Great, thanks, that's the one I ordered.

#2670 1 year ago

I just got my NIB James Bond 007 Premium yesterday! Like everyone says, the code is no where near finished so I'm using this time (before a more complete code is delivered) to learn all of the angles and shots so I'll be ready to hopefully shoot some good scores when the new code is delivered.

#2671 1 year ago

So we get the annoying as hell Q ring mode for diamonds are forever.

Why not the moon buggy or sealed water ball? Moon buggy scene was great.

8F8660BD-34B7-437E-897B-65659549CBC3 (resized).jpeg8F8660BD-34B7-437E-897B-65659549CBC3 (resized).jpegDAF91F41-94F8-4E48-BDE7-E6A420D49922 (resized).jpegDAF91F41-94F8-4E48-BDE7-E6A420D49922 (resized).jpeg
#2672 1 year ago

I think that moon buggy lost around 6 hubcaps in that scene.

#2673 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So we get the annoying as hell Q ring mode for diamonds are forever.
Why not the moon buggy or sealed water ball? Moon buggy scene was great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was just thinking about what other (more interesting) items would have worked for Q's gadget in DAF. The moon buggy had nothing to do with Q so that would not have fit for that particular group. Q did the voice changer box (for the good guys) and I think also the rope/grappling hook gun thing that Bond uses on the outside of the hotel. Either probably would have been better than that annoying ring/slot machine scene.

#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I was just thinking about what other (more interesting) items would have worked for Q's gadget in DAF. The moon buggy had nothing to do with Q so that would not have fit for that particular group. Q did the voice changer box (for the good guys) and I think also the rope/grappling hook gun thing that Bond uses on the outside of the hotel. Either probably would have been better than that annoying ring/slot machine scene.

I liked the ring scene the first three times I hit the mode.

I've seen it more than three times now.

#2675 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I liked the ring scene the first three times I hit the mode.
I've seen it more than three times now.

Is this currently the only mode available? I played for awhile and the radioactive ring was the only one I saw regarding the Q target.

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is this currently the only mode available? I played for awhile and the radioactive ring was the only one I saw regarding the Q target.

Radioactive reconnaissance from dr No and the Ring from diamonds are it.

#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Wasn’t there a fingerprint device in diamonds? There was the exploding cake too but that wasn’t related to Q either.

I haven’t watched it recently but I need to.

#2678 1 year ago

Can anyone explain why they have this connection between the neutral and ground on the EMI filter? I don't remember seeing that before on other games, but this one seems to have a different EMI filter type.

SternEMIFilter (resized).pngSternEMIFilter (resized).png
#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Needs some wool edges on the bikini line to be accurate for the time period.

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Needs some wool edges on the bikini line to be accurate for the time period.

chloe (resized).pngchloe (resized).png

#2681 1 year ago

Thanks again to Pinstein. It looks even better in real life.

72D0ECE5-4B35-4C7E-8EFA-9930A2FF5161 (resized).jpeg72D0ECE5-4B35-4C7E-8EFA-9930A2FF5161 (resized).jpeg
#2682 1 year ago

The 904M GC on my machine is from 0.80 code with the super 20M Pop and Plutonium bonanza bonuses where you could just keep it in the pops and let it build. A little harder with those turned from stupid high bonuses to something a little more reasonable.

Had an 895M game on 0.84 tonight, still haven't finished any of the Villain modes. With multiball crashing you out of the Villain and Henchmen modes, it gets kinda tricky! Still chasing the "Bond Billion"

IMG_1616 (resized).JPGIMG_1616 (resized).JPG

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Thanks again to Pinstein. It looks even better in real life.[quoted image]

Anyone have a link to Pinstein's store?

#2684 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Anyone have a link to Pinstein's store?

No store. Just DM/PM Pinstein <--click this then select "PM" or "CONTACT"

Be sure to tell him if you want the one with yellow outlines or red outlines, he has both.

#2685 1 year ago

Got my LE from OC Pinballs and played last night. Can’t say much about the code at this point, but the game looks great and it feels very unique in the way it shoots. the theme and the assets are great. I would imagine that Stern will take the code pretty far on this one.

#2686 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Can anyone explain why they have this connection between the neutral and ground on the EMI filter? I don't remember seeing that before on other games, but this one seems to have a different EMI filter type.
[quoted image]

Looks like a heat shrunk Diode.

#2687 1 year ago

Podcast tonight with George correct? Any chance we see a new code drop?

#2688 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Podcast tonight with George correct? Any chance we see a new code drop?

Fingers crossed, hopefully with some meaty content unlike the last update, an Elwin sized update would be amazing!

Either way if George can expand on what is to come and planned for the code that will also likely help sales, if people know where it’s going to end up and it’s going to be great it will surely get some people off the fence.

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Fingers crossed, hopefully with some meaty content unlike the last update, an Elwin sized update would be amazing!
Either way if George can expand on what is to come and planned for the code that will also likely help sales, if people know where it’s going to end up and it’s going to be great it will surely get some people off the fence.

Agree on code and hope we hear something regarding accessories for pro/pre. I’ve been holding off on aftermarket side blades to see what stern makes, armor too.

This stuff all fuels sales, final pkg is important.

#2690 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree on code and hope we hear something regarding accessories for pro/pre. I’ve been holding off on aftermarket side blades to see what stern makes, armor too.
This stuff all fuels sales, final pkg is important.

Agreed on sideblades. I have Stern art blades on all of my Stern games. Been waiting for some news on that front. I'm going to ask in the chat.

#2691 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Agreed on sideblades. I have Stern art blades on all of my Stern games. Been waiting for some news on that front. I'm going to ask in the chat.

I also heard previously the armor from the 60th is the same for the cornerstone like the topper. Maybe we can get this confirmed tonight.

#2692 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I also heard previously the armor from the 60th is the same for the cornerstone like the topper. Maybe we can get this confirmed tonight.

Can't you just look at the pictures? From what I see it is the same shape, but the 60th has the 007 logo laser etched on one side and the Spectre logo laser etched on the other side vs no laser etching on the LE

Edit- Laser cut might be a better term?

#2693 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Can't you just look at the pictures? From what I see it is the same shape, but the 60th has the 007 logo laser etched on one side and the Spectre logo laser etched on the other side vs no laser etching on the LE
Edit- Laser cut might be a better term?

I haven’t seen a picture of a pro/pre with armor. I saw what the LE looks like but I’m assuming it won’t be the same due to the color and I can’t think of any armor Stern has done that wasn’t laser cut in some way.

#2694 1 year ago

I just want a code update that prevents the multi balls from killing the modes. Is that too much to ask?

#2695 1 year ago

I would actually be okay with modes not stacking with mb, but having the modes just pause and then continue. Then the mb can actually be worth real points and not just throwaway points being strictly designed for carrying into the modes.

#2696 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I thought on one of the interviews or streams george mentioned that they were going to use the 60th armor on the LE but it covered up some of the side art and licensor didn't like it pr somethong along thise lines? Anyone else remember hearing something like that. Maybe I'm mis-remembering it?

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought on one of the interviews or streams george mentioned that they were going to use the 60th armor on the LE but it covered up some of the side art and licensor didn't like it pr somethong along thise lines? Anyone else remember hearing something like that. Maybe I'm mis-remembering it?

Not sure but looking at the photo of 60th it appears to clip the art just a bit as well. Who knows. Don’t see them doing black armor without any laser cuts. What was the last game with plain armor? LZ pro/pre even has designs in armor.LE got custom powder Just like 007 LE.

Armor on 60th matches the styling of the topper.

I do recall George saying the do have armor and side blades coming.
CF05EB88-7A8D-4283-81AD-FDECECD3A60F (resized).jpegCF05EB88-7A8D-4283-81AD-FDECECD3A60F (resized).jpeg

#2698 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven’t seen a picture of a pro/pre with armor. I saw what the LE looks like but I’m assuming it won’t be the same due to the color and I can’t think of any armor Stern has done that wasn’t laser cut in some way.

ohhhh the Stern accessory armor. I see what you're saying. I always forget thats even a thing.

#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

ohhhh the Stern accessory armor. I see what you're saying. I always forget thats even a thing.

Yeah it’s becoming forgotten because Stern can’t keep up unfortunately. Still nothing for rush either.

#2700 1 year ago

Curious to watch the upcoming Gomez stream. Hopefully people ask "polite yet direct questions."
I see this stream going one of two ways: either damage control (lots of sorrys) or solid information on where this game is going code-wise, i.e EXACT details of when code updates will be implemented and exactly what the code updates will be. Personally, I think they also owe us the real explanation regarding the licensing debacle. Obviously, licensing was once thought to be in the bag or the game never would have been given the green light. I think Gomez is a brilliant person and a very likable fellow, but we as the buyers of these very expensive toys should demand explanations.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Contact
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/54?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.