IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,578 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 312.
#201 1 year ago

Limited-time deal: The James Bond Collection [Blu-ray] https://a.co/d/aU2iSYz
Dr no thru spectre on blu ray for 60 shipped Amazon prime. (Supposedly that’s a discount?)
As a late bond bloomer, this is perfect for me, ordered.

Watched dr no once I got the game. Stunned at how good it was for its age.

#202 1 year ago

FYI, I added the prem/LE ring kit to titan's database based on the manual - however, Bond isn't an option in their database yet, so I saved it under the old gottlelieb Bond for now. Can find it here if you wanna save yourself some time and get prepped so you don't get that nasty black rubber mess all over your new machine...

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/2500

#203 1 year ago

Got word from Zach my LE is shipping today!

#204 1 year ago

My LE is supposed to ship tomorrow

#205 1 year ago

My LE ships today per Zach!

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

I'm new to owning a brand new machine , would you want to wax the playfield right off the bat ?

Not needed immediately on modern clear coated playfields. A light wipe with novus 1 will do fine. More important to inspect the balls included for any pitting with a backup set on hand.
Congrats!

#207 1 year ago

Nice, congrats! Hurry up and get them open, find any problems and report back before mine gets off the line!

#209 1 year ago

#210 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#211 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

No kidding, maybe he is rethinking buying that super challenging SD machine where 90% of your shots come back on a wireform to your flipper lol.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

No kidding, maybe he is rethinking buying that super challenging SD machine where 90% of your shots come back on a wireform to your flipper lol.

He should have just got both games instead of being a dick and bailing on bond after starting the club.

I ordered SD as well a simple shooter is fun sometimes.

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Not needed immediately on modern clear coated playfields. A light wipe with novus 1 will do fine. More important to inspect the balls included for any pitting with a backup set on hand.
Congrats!

Forget pitting, the balls with Bond are straight up rusted. Plan on having some new balls on hand or you'll have a chance of not being able to play your new machine if you are in the unlucky group hit with the unwelcome surprise of Bond's rusty balls.

#214 1 year ago

Got the call from distributor my game is shipping out tomorrow. Waiting for the shipper to call now.....

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bond's rusty balls.

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Can you explain? Are you talking about Scooby Doo? I have only seen a preview for it. From what I could tell you don’t see much of the ball once it is more than 1/2 up the playfield.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Can you explain? Are you talking about Scooby Doo? I have only seen a preview for it. From what I could tell you don’t see much of the ball once it is more than 1/2 up the playfield.

Not in the bond thread. Do a search on SD threads for your answers.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Man the rusty ball talk on Bond was NO JOKE. ALL the balls had rust on them in the Bond Pro I just unpacked. Made a mess of the silica gel pack, too. Worst I've ever had with a NIB Stern. More cost cutting or bad lot? Crazy.
If you have a Bond coming, make sure you have some balls available because the stock ones might be unusable.[quoted image]

All for 14k. What a deal. Sad days!

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

All for 14k. What a deal. Sad days!

Stern's aware of the problem (I sent them my picture of Bond's rusty balls. As a 007 fan, I thought Gomez would want to see them.), so it may just have only affected the Pros if they were able to fix it before LEs were boxed up. Fingers crossed.

#220 1 year ago

Mine is arriving Thursday from Game Exchange

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

FYI, I added the prem/LE ring kit to titan's database based on the manual - however, Bond isn't an option in their database yet, so I saved it under the old gottlelieb Bond for now. Can find it here if you wanna save yourself some time and get prepped so you don't get that nasty black rubber mess all over your new machine...
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/2500

Had been looking for this, thanks for posting.
Purchased!

#222 1 year ago

Should be interesting to see what the opinion of the Bond family of pins is in another 12-24 months when the code is complete. It appears that every new release is criticized severely and then a few years later is hailed as the greatest game ever. I think that Stern has figured out that if they want to sell $10k+ machines they need to make the code as good as possible. Bond is probably one of the greatest themes out there. I don't think Stern will fail on this one.

#223 1 year ago

Should be interesting to see what the opinion of the Bond family of pins is in another 12-24 months when the code is complete. It appears that every new release is criticized severely and then a few years later is hailed as the greatest game ever. I think that Stern has figured out that if they want to sell $10k+ machines they need to make the code as good as possible. Bond is probably one of the greatest themes out there. I don't think Stern will fail on this one.

I've been playing the Pro quite a bit and have decided I like the way it shoots a lot. Gomez delivered.

Code remains the giant question mark because like Batman'66 for the first 12 months of release you can see everything that's there in about 15-20 minutes. A couple villains, a few henchmen, a few Q gadgets, and a few Spectre weapons in about 15-20 minutes of Bond Pro play and you've consumed Bond Pro code as it stands. I almost got it all in one game for the first time last night after less than a week of play, and that's sad.

#224 1 year ago

I think that Stern has figured out that if they want to sell $10k+ machines they need to make the code as good as possible. Bond is probably one of the greatest themes out there.

Agree. Stern has assembled the most talented team -repeat - team- over the last several years in the industry. Just the facts.
I grumble about their typical nonsense - like shitty balls -knowing good rules/code will be in place and complete.

#225 1 year ago

I have zero doubt this code will be complete and bond will be spectacular.

#226 1 year ago

Played a few games last night. I like the layout, but I think the code needs help. Ran out of scoring.

318980446_394279839530596_309879382333723555_n (resized).jpg318980446_394279839530596_309879382333723555_n (resized).jpg
#227 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

...you can see everything that's there in about 15-20 minutes.

For some machines, that's intended. Cosmic Carnival and Toy Story 4 come to mind. To be fair, I dont think Cosmic Carnival ever finished the code.

#228 1 year ago

IM BACK IN ON A PREMIUM BABY!!!!!!

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just put a small rectangle of mylar I cut over the divot at the end of the switch slot by the inlane post where the ball rests when it's stopped so you have to shake it loose. I've confirmed that solves the problem. 100% correct operation after I did that. Stern is already putting mylar on the left and right of the whole switch slot. I just recommended that they change those two rectangles to a "U" shape instead to cover the divot as well and it will put this problem to bed.
But, for those that already have their Bond, relatively easy fix.

I had already tried that without success... guessing that the mylar wasn't able to suspend the ball without bending. Would be curious to see a photo of the piece you had success with. Mine was just about a 1" square.

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

IM BACK IN ON A PREMIUM BABY!!!!!!

Ok, back to the old thread guys, come on!

#231 1 year ago

Hi. My name is Mike. I am a pinaholic. I wanted Bond then Scooby was like heeeeeyyyyyyyy you want meeeee. And I was like yes I do. So I was blinded and got Scooby. But the ghosts. My god the ghosts, They corrupted my mind and said I must trash Bond. So I was like “ok” and I did. But then Shaggy came by and kicked me and was like dude you can have both and Scooby was like yeah yeah. So I gave Scooby some treats and then I put my Bond premium order back in and now all is good! Mystery solved!

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I had already tried that without success... guessing that the mylar wasn't able to suspend the ball without bending. Would be curious to see a photo of the piece you had success with. Mine was just about a 1" square.

I went with a rectangle to increase the surface area on each side, and covered the divot completely, almost up to the switch wire. It's a sloppy test one, but I'll clean it up later. It definitely is at 100% since I did it. I'll take a pic of the sloppy one. Also, I was told the factory has stopped putting the two tall rectangular mylar strips on each side of the right inlane switch that were essentially useless.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Had been looking for this, thanks for posting.
Purchased!

They got Bond added to the database proper, updated link for anyone who needs a kit. Put the version I did with clear slings and red flippers too (gonna sing with black Halo flippers).

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5772

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Hi. My name is Mike. I am a pinaholic. I wanted Bond then Scooby was like heeeeeyyyyyyyy you want meeeee. And I was like yes I do. So I was blinded and got Scooby. But the ghosts. My god the ghosts, They corrupted my mind and said I must trash Bond. So I was like “ok” and I did. But then Shaggy came by and kicked me and was like dude you can have both and Scooby was like yeah yeah. So I gave Scooby some treats and then I put my Bond premium order back in and now all is good! Mystery solved!

Instead of taking shaggy to the mystery machine to smoke weed and mess up your thought process, find a Bond girl. Much better.

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've been playing the Pro quite a bit and have decided I like the way it shoots a lot. Gomez delivered.
Code remains the giant question mark because like Batman'66 for the first 12 months of release you can see everything that's there in about 15-20 minutes. A couple villains, a few henchmen, a few Q gadgets, and a few Spectre weapons in about 15-20 minutes of Bond Pro play and you've consumed Bond Pro code as it stands. I almost got it all in one game for the first time last night after less than a week of play, and that's sad.

I’m relieved to hear this Vic! I have been worried about my Premium order after reading the lukewarm reviews. Knowing a bit about your disappointment with BM66 and Lonnies sloth like pace of coding added to that concern. Knowing Gomies love of the Bond theme and Mike V.’s involvement I have guarded optimism this will eventually have code that matches the unique shots.

OK… now lets see some of those LE unboxings!

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I’m relieved to hear this Vic! I have been worried about my Premium order after reading the lukewarm reviews. Knowing a bit about your disappointment with BM66 and Lonnies sloth like pace of coding added to that concern. Knowing Gomies love of the Bond theme and Mike V.’s involvement I have guarded optimism this will eventually have code that matches the unique shots.
OK… now lets see some of those LE unboxings!

I'm actually surprised the layout grew on me since it was brick city initially and I hated it, but it has grown on me as I adjusted to the shots.

It just desperately needs more code and most of all, decent code DESIGN. Shoot the same RGB arrows but in a different color as it is mostly now isn't cutting it. MXV has some great ideas. I hope he gets to press them into being.

#237 1 year ago

Since Code is the biggest issue facing all new pins is there a way that a sub forum can be made so that specific code ideas can be listed without all the superfluous comments in this thread. This information could be forwarded to Stern for possibly a quicker turn around on code updates.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I wish I could get a bond and Scooby. They both truly look awesome!

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I went with a rectangle to increase the surface area on each side, and covered the divot completely, almost up to the switch wire. It's a sloppy test one, but I'll clean it up later. It definitely is at 100% since I did it. I'll take a pic of the sloppy one. Also, I was told the factory has stopped putting the two tall rectangular mylar strips on each side of the right inlane switch that were essentially useless.

This is how I fixed the issue on mine.

E71A533B-F834-41A9-8C1C-2C18B269D345 (resized).jpegE71A533B-F834-41A9-8C1C-2C18B269D345 (resized).jpeg
#240 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

This is how I fixed the issue on mine.[quoted image]

Looks like mine, except I went higher on the switch slot and rounded the corners of the rectangle.

When I fix it for real, I'll probably remove Stern's mylar (they're not using now anymore) there and make one that goes all the way around the switch slot, including covering the divot.

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I report all bugs I find. I reported so many weird ones on Deadpool, I'm sure Tanio was tired of hearing from me. But they all don't turn out like that one, so my bug reports are no guarantee of kickass code.

True but helpful nevertheless…….IMO.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

This is how I fixed the issue on mine.[quoted image]

I don’t have my games yet, but NinjaCamp’s rollover protector might fix the issue. I swear this is not a shameless plug for my own product, just trying to help and improve the aesthetic.

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I don’t have my games yet, but NinjaCamp’s rollover protector might fix the issue. I swear this is not a shameless plug for my own product, just trying to help and improve the aesthetic.

A cliffy fixes it, too, but this mylar fix is for cheapskates like me.

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Mind pm'ing me a link to that? Can't find it for some reason...have been meaning to order that RM ship dangler from you anyway (spooky sent me a bunch of spares but it's a PITA to take apart and replace so I don't wanna do it again), might order a couple rollover protectors while I'm at it to have on hand for my LE or other stuff.

Normally I'm a cheapskate like Pinmonk, but damnit I'm a sucker for combining shipping :p

#245 1 year ago

Bond le is being delivered tomorrow. I’m heading out to Kentucky to pickup an Indiana Jones then heading back tomorrow so tomorrow getting two new ones. Going to be fun and exhausting.

#246 1 year ago

I hope/expect that we'll see a code update before Christmas. I'm sure every game is different, but from the release notes for Godzilla they had weekly updates until v0.80 and monthly updates until v0.93.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I hope/expect that we'll see a code update before Christmas. I'm sure every game is different, but from the release notes for Godzilla they had weekly updates until v0.80 and monthly updates until v0.93.

Honestly, I'm kinda excited about minimal code...every time I get the update email it's Christmas man. Looking at a year of Christmas every few weeks!

#248 1 year ago

Just committed to a Bond pro, shipping in a couple of months.

Any update on someone making an alternate translight yet?

#249 1 year ago

Just picked up my LE Can share some unboxing pictures later tonight.

#250 1 year ago

LE in the house!

939A71DC-4700-4E42-9CF2-9C224A260DEA (resized).jpeg939A71DC-4700-4E42-9CF2-9C224A260DEA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 15,578 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.