IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4637 (resized).png
GTY_crack_smoker_jef_131107_16x9_1600 (resized).jpg
bttf (resized).jpg
soon.gif
PXL_20240408_232532904 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 308.
#2301 1 year ago

Cool to have new modes. Need to play more and report. Had a brief session with Disco Volante, Grant and Klebb specter weapon. Stupid multiball stopped my Oddjob mode once again. I was only 1 shot away from completing it

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Stern sucks. This game is a steaming mess

With 25 movies/modes on the 60th pin. Every new shot will kill the current mode.

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Just as a note: Jetpack DOES stack with Fiona Volpe. Which does fit since both are from Thunderball. Haven't had enough time with the new code to see if the same applies to Largo. Pretty sure Bird One does NOT stack w/ Blofeld or Osato though, but I wouldn't swear to it since it's hard to tell w/ same colored inserts and all the chaos of three balls on that playfield.

I don’t think that’s true. It used to stack, and now it doesn’t. I tried with glass off.

Largo Also doesn’t stack with jet pack, and those are from the same movie.

#2304 1 year ago

Y'all are just too funny.... we need an update!.... this update sucks!..... the same old cycle.

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Y'all are just too funny.... we need an update!.... this update sucks!..... the same old cycle.

It’s the circle of life.

#2306 1 year ago

So I haven’t had chance to update and play yet but did they add more Q gadgets? The ring callouts are pretty damn cringeworthy.

Watched a bit of the stream last night and did not notice any music changes other than some of the new modes appear to reuse some of the JB tracks from other modes. Don’t recall if the music used is movie correct.

Sure hope we get the 10 or so that Gomez mentioned, would think the music at this point of code development should be sorted out.

#2307 1 year ago

I purchased both bm66 and stranger things very early on. The mess those early codes were pale in comparison to Bond. Bond code is a total mess. All .84 seemed to do was add more modes that get killed early by multiballs. Watch Jack Danger’s Twitch stream from last night to fully appreciate the garbage code Bond currently has. It is not overstating it to say this pin is not enjoyable to play because of the code.

#2308 1 year ago

The natives are getting restless!

I guess stern should stop releasing updates for this thing, it’s just making people angry.

#2309 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The natives are getting restless!
I guess stern should stop releasing updates for this thing, it’s just making people angry.

I'd like to get a pro eventually but if the licensor is going to dictate how the code is or develops then chances are I'll pass.

#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

welllllll if the update had been a good one i don't think we'd say it sucks. turns out the update does indeed SUCK

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think that’s true. It used to stack, and now it doesn’t. I tried with glass off.

I think it was a bug that it "stacked" in .80. The shots were the same color between jetpack and Fiona Volpe and you didn't know what shot to hit sometimes.

Q's ring should stack with either Wint & Kidd or Mr. Henderson and Bird One with Blofeld too if same movie stacking was allowed.

#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So I haven’t had chance to update and play yet but did they add more Q gadgets? The ring callouts are pretty damn cringeworthy.

I didn't see any new gadgets and nothing in the release notes. I played about 5 games with the new code and only got Q's ring. Annoying.

#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I didn't see any new gadgets and nothing in the release notes. I played about 5 games with the new code and only got Q's ring. Annoying.

So I just played first game and get red grant henchmen mode and Spectre weapon mode bath o sub. Share the same music. Hard to believe the stingy licensor would allow that if all the other rumors are accurate of not having two modes going from different movies.

Grant mode needs a new music track or just go with the fight scene dialogue, struggling, gun sounds and objects being thrown and smashed.

#2314 1 year ago

Did the code at least clear up the jet pack toy issues people have been having?

#2315 1 year ago

Still reading the comments after yesterday's code release. Can't tell if we should still hold out hope that this will be an amazing game once code develops more or if they are simply polishing a turd. There was an earlier post that progressing through shots did not build upon achievements, but rather just showed you more of a video clip. Thought that was interesting.

#2316 1 year ago

I’m going to watch the Dr. No movie after lunch. I have the other Sean Connery movies now to watch after that as well. I need to start understanding these video clips and references because I’ve never seen the old movies before.

Watching the clips though, I’m finding references to the Austin Powers movies. I can hear how the Austin Powers theme song is based on one of the songs I hear in the game.

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I’m going to watch the Dr. No movie after lunch. I have the other Sean Connery movies now to watch after that as well. I need to start understanding these video clips and references because I’ve never seen the old movies before.
Watching the clips though, I’m finding references to the Austin Powers movies. I can hear how the Austin Powers theme song is based on one of the songs I hear in the game.

Yea, it’s a little known fact that the Austin powers movies parody the old bond stuff.

#2318 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Had to give Bond the Hasselhoff treatment while I await the alternate translite.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SvfJ2E3G9kunsH8cA

#2319 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yea, it’s a little known fact that the Austin powers movies parody the old bond stuff.

Yeah, and I once heard that SpaceBalls was a parody of Star Wars...

#2320 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yeah, and I once heard that SpaceBalls was a parody of Star Wars...

where do you guys come up with this stuff

#2321 1 year ago

See Image.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

See Image. [quoted image]

Rest easy bros. GG's got us.

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now thst you mention it. I think I see a resemblance.

bfR4WiqPLFaltdYZ5aY_fXKeWakcqwRto8230zV0I1k (resized).pngbfR4WiqPLFaltdYZ5aY_fXKeWakcqwRto8230zV0I1k (resized).png
#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

See Image. [quoted image]

This is good news for sure, really hope they get the music to a better spot.

It’s not bad but need a little more variety and get it to correspond to proper movie at a minimum.

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Now thst you mention it. I think I see a resemblance.[quoted image]

Huh. Never noticed!

#2326 1 year ago

....Meanwhile back at the office of the Bond development team

B3039CC2-23B7-4CA1-B021-24C1F963F96C (resized).jpegB3039CC2-23B7-4CA1-B021-24C1F963F96C (resized).jpeg

#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Duh. I should’ve obviously clarified and said finding references I knew nothing about. I just thought Rob Lowe was a henchman wearing an eyepatch just because it was funny. Now I see that little lady that would yell Scott is based on that one lady I’ve been seeing in the Clips today.

Simply saying that a lot more jokes make sense now that I have seen some of the source material. The only Sean Connery bond movie I’ve seen was never say never again. I watch some of the Roger Moore movies, but honestly never cared one way, or the other about James Bond movies.

#2328 1 year ago

They should embrace the theme of the game to get the code in shape quicker. Fear is a good motivator.

ec42a92c-7418-4905-a6a3-cd44a26a0b3b_text (resized).pngec42a92c-7418-4905-a6a3-cd44a26a0b3b_text (resized).png
#2329 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

You know, I think this helped it finally dawn on me what's missing here. The modes in most games -- dating back quite some time -- are usually about you "accomplishing" something. Each shot in a mode is a punch in a fight, or an item to collect, or something advancement toward a goal. In Bond, most of the modes feel like it's just "hit a shot to advance through this clip". Exceptions are Grant / Disco Volante, maybe Odd Job if you consider that a "fight", maybe Radioactive Reconnaissance or Q's ring by "scanning" things or trying the next slot machine. But most of them are just "advance the scene". Hit the next shot to hear the next thing Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd have to say...why? Hit the next shot to watch Rosa Klebb inspect her henchman...why?
Given all the licensor troubles, I have little hope these modes might ever change, but that would be my constructive feedback to the programmers -- make modes feel like you're accomplishing things.
Maybe there could've been a Thunderball underwater battle mode -- remember how many diver fights there were? You could have a mode where each shot is a successful kill/incapacitating of a villainous diver.
Ooh oooh that could be a future multiball mode. Starts by getting it in the Scuba scoop, then all shots turn turquoise and each time you hit one, there's another diver fight on the screen (there were certainly enough in the movie). Defeat them all for thunderball super jackpot.
There ya go Stern, that one's a freebie, on the house!

This is a great idea !!

#2330 1 year ago

Not sure if anybody cares but here's a few suggestions to make this thing a little more coherent:

-Use the inlane upost more, and better. Right now it just dumps the ball back into play unceremoniously during the middle of the clip - if you are watching the clip, you'll lose the ball as there's nothing to tell you its coming and it doesn't dump the ball during any kind of a natural break in what the screen is doing. And then maybe consider using the flasher underneath the slingshot to let you know the ball is about to come out (why else would that be there?). Use the up post more - any shot that returns the ball to the inlane presents an opportunity to use the up post in conjunction with a mode/made shot. Right now it just feels like playing pinball with clips in the background with nothing done to tie it all together or create a real cinematic experience for the player.

-Stop the ball more (same as the previous point). The VUK, the inlane post, and the high stakes shot are the only ones that stop the ball (on the pro). The modes should all end in one of those shots, so you can actually enjoy whatever clip or light show they present. I addition, ANY shots to those places provide an opportunity for a cleaner use of LCD/clips/light shows. Comparing this game to Godzilla, where every clip seems to start or end when the ball isn't in play, is a good example. That code and interaction with LCD screen is a masterwork...and this...isn't

-Doesn't really need to be said again but they've got to do something about stacking modes/multiballs. There's got to be a way - right now its just ridiculous.

-Shorten the modes and balance the scoring, and/or add time for made shots. Right now the modes are all impossible to finish, and unrewarding when you do (only mode I've finished is Radioactive). Fewer shots that are worth more points would help clean this up and make them actually worth pursuing.

-Combos - there seems to be lots of potential for combo shots. A couple of the modes seem to encourage them but right now this concept is very underused.

-balance the scoring in general. Right now the only points are in multiballs or pop bumpers.

-Sometimes you shoot the ramp with the upper flipper, and it doesn't make it around the turn, it falls back down the side ramp. The game should acknolwedge this/award something (there's opto switches there). Now it junks clunks around providing zero satisfaction.

-The Q Ring slot machine mode is pretty terrible. Would be improved greatly by just removing the dialogue, I think we all cringe when Tiffany Case starts her banal monologue about being thrown into the slammer. There's a million iconic scenes in these movies and we get a mode centered around...this?

-Replace the Mr. henderson mode with...something. Why does the Mr. Henderson mode feature a clip from a completely different movie with characters who have nothing to do with Mr. Henderson? It's very odd.

In general, I understand why people are frustrated. The code at this stage lacks direction, cohesion, and focus. It's just a bunch of stuff that inelegantly happens; it has a real "too many cooks, no chef" feel to it.

I'd like to think these guys will figure it out, we've come to expect a lot better, and right now this feels like a homebrew. Love the theme and the layout but that's not gonna be enough to make this a good game.

#2331 1 year ago

Please for the love of God tell me there's a Connery call out, "Exceptionally fine shot". (from Diamonds are Forever when Lana Wood gets thrown out the window into the pool)

Otherwise huge whiff.

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Replace the Mr. henderson mode with...something. Why does the Mr. Henderson mode feature a clip from a completely different movie with characters who have nothing to do with Mr. Henderson? It's very odd.

I would love to hear the answer on this, you’re right that it’s really odd and no cohesion.

Well Stern/Gomez?

#2333 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Please for the love of God tell me there's a Connery call out, "Exceptionally fine shot". (from Diamonds are Forever when Lana Wood gets thrown out the window into the pool)
Otherwise huge whiff.

There is very little Connery call outs are dialogue in general, need more than just the Crab Key line.

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure if anybody cares but here's a few suggestions to make this thing a little more coherent:
-Use the inlane upost more, and better. Right now it just dumps the ball back into play unceremoniously during the middle of the clip - if you are watching the clip, you'll lose the ball as there's nothing to tell you its coming and it doesn't dump the ball during any kind of a natural break in what the screen is doing. And then maybe consider using the flasher underneath the slingshot to let you know the ball is about to come out (why else would that be there?). Use the up post more - any shot that returns the ball to the inlane presents an opportunity to use the up post in conjunction with a mode/made shot. Right now it just feels like playing pinball with clips in the background with nothing done to tie it all together or create a real cinematic experience for the player.
-Doesn't really need to be said again but they've got to do something about stacking modes/multiballs. There's got to be a way - right now its just ridiculous.
-Shorten the modes and balance the scoring. Right now the modes are all impossible to finish, and unrewarding when you do. Fewer shots that are worth more points would help clean this up and make them actually worth pursuing.
-Combos - there seems to be lots of potential for combo shots. A couple of the modes seem to encourage them but right now this concept is very underused.
-balance the scoring in general. Right now the only points are in multiballs or pop bumpers.
-Sometimes you shoot the ramp with the upper flipper, and it doesn't make it around the turn, it falls back down the side ramp. The game should acknolwedge this/award something (there's opto switches there). Now it junks clunks around providing zero satisfaction.
-The Q Ring slot machine mode is pretty terrible. Would be improved greatly by just removing the dialogue, I think we all cringe when Tiffany Case starts her banal monologue about being thrown into the slammer.
-Replace the Mr. henderson mode with...something. Why does the Mr. Henderson mode feature a clip from a completely different movie with characters who have nothing to do with Mr. Henderson? It's very odd.
In general, I understand why people are frustrated. The code at this stage lacks direction, cohesion, and focus. It's just a bunch of stuff that inelegantly happens; it has a real "too many cooks, no chef" feel to it.
I'd like to think these guys will figure it out, we've come to expect a lot better, and right now this feels like a homebrew. Love the theme and the layout but that's not gonna be enough to make this a good game.

I think everyone cares. The game is a mess. I stopped playing it for 3 weeks while waiting for a code update. I updated to .84 and played about 10 games... and now I probably won't turn it on until the next update.

Everyone is different... but as of now... it just isn't fun.

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think everyone cares. The game is a mess. I stopped playing it for 3 weeks while waiting for a code update. I updated to .84 and played about 10 games... and now I probably won't turn it on until the next update.
Everyone is different... but as of now... it just isn't fun.

And for the record... I usually find most games "fun" the only game I actually disliked playing was WOZ.

#2336 1 year ago

My guess would be that the clip that was supposed to be used is held up in licensing approval purgatory. So instead of putting out another blank screen stating "pending licensing approval" the designers wanted to give the user something at least.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Replace the Mr. henderson mode with...something. Why does the Mr. Henderson mode feature a clip from a completely different movie with characters who have nothing to do with Mr. Henderson? It's very odd.

#2337 1 year ago

George is really responsive on Facebook maybe pm him or start a thread on Facebook and tag him so he sees it and answers. He replies all the time in there. He will say is stacking is coming or at least give him some ideas.

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would love to hear the answer on this, you’re right that it’s really odd and no cohesion.
Well Stern/Gomez?

The actor who played Blofeld in Diamonds are Forever is the same actor who played Mr Henderson (a good guy) in You Only Live Twice.

Stern needed to put the main villain for Diamonds are Forever (Blofeld) on that insert tree. But there was already Blofeld there from You Only Love Twice so put the image of the Diamnonds are Forever Blofeld there but labeld him Mr Henderson instead.

Personally I think that was a confusing decision. They should have just called the first one "Blofeld 1.0" and the second one "Blofeld 2.0". It's the same character but fave was altered via plastic surgery.

The clip they use is from that mode is the correct movie, Diamonds are Forever. I think people are confusing the rocket in Diamonds with the Bird One rocket from You Only Live Twice.

#2339 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

My guess would be that the clip that was supposed to be used is held up in licensing approval purgatory. So instead of putting out another blank screen stating "pending licensing approval" the designers wanted to give the user something at least.

I've given up trying to figure out why all of this is such a sloppy mess, just hoping it gets cleaned up.

#2340 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The clip they use is from that mode is the correct movie, Diamonds are Forever. I think people are confusing the rocket in Diamonds with the Bird One rocket from You Only Live Twice.

Mr. Henderson is in You Only Live twice. He is not in Diamonds are forever. So why is a diamonds are Forever clip playing during the Mr. Henderson (You only live twice) mode?

Your double blofeld theory makes zero sense either. The blofeld/Charles Gray character isn't in the Mr. Henderson clip! It's two nobodies and Jimmy Dean talking about a satellite. There's no way to rationalize this mode/decision in any way that makes even the slightest bit of sense.

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The actor who played Blofeld in Diamonds are Forever is the same actor who played Mr Henderson (a good guy) in You Only Live Twice.
Stern needed to put the main villain for Diamonds are Forever (Blofeld) on that insert tree. But there was already Blofeld there from You Only Love Twice so put the image of the Diamnonds are Forever Blofeld there but labeld him Mr Henderson instead.
Personally I think that was a confusing decision. They should have just called the first one "Blofeld 1.0" and the second one "Blofeld 2.0". It's the same character but fave was altered via plastic surgery.

...christ man, even the bad guys/good guys are a mess,

#2342 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL...seriously? One mode stacked, and they TOOK IT OUT?

Ah hell, it'll get there. I did have some real fun shooting it again last night though. It really does shoot well, just need the code to give a reason to shoot it. Something to look forward to for Christmas

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mr. Henderson is in You Only Live twice. He is not in Diamonds are forever. So why is a diamonds are Forever clip playing during the Mr. Henderson (You only live twice) mode?
Your double blofeld theory makes zero sense either. The blofeld/Charles Gray character isn't in the Mr. Henderson clip! It's two nobodies and Jimmy Dean talking about a satellite. There's no way to rationalize this mode/decision in any way that makes even the slightest bit of sense.

They effed it up, plain and simple. Henderson is not a bad guy - he is Bond's contact in Japan in YOLT. In Diamonds are Forever, the same actor, Charles Gray plays Blofeld. Henderson doesn't belong on the the villains list - and the Charles Gray Blofeld from Diamonds should be the Villain. I would think with intense approval process from the licensor, this should not have been missed. I mean they were concerned about JetPack Bond's eyebrow thickness.

#2344 1 year ago

I see the potential for a lawsuit between Stern and the Bond licensor. Stern decided to build this game based on getting the license, correct? It seems that the piecemailing of licensor approval has impacted this game significanty in terms of quality and reputation.

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I see the potential for a lawsuit between Stern and the Bond licensor. Stern decided to build this game based on getting the license, correct? It seems that the piecemailing of licensor approval has impacted this game significanty in terms of quality and reputation.

Yeah, Stern suing a licensor would surely be a good move for all of their future licensing endeavors!

#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, Stern suing a licensor would surely be a good move for all of their future licensing endeavors!

Fair point. Not saying it will/will not happen, just that it would be interesting to know if Stern entered into the licensing agreement knowing the high degree of scrutiny with licensor.

#2347 1 year ago

We just need about 10 more updates like we got yesterday. It will get finished eventually. I'm like 70% confident!

#2348 1 year ago

More actual music
More Connery call outs and clips
Stacking
Fix some bugs

I’ll be sound as a pound, Yeah baby Yeah!

#2349 1 year ago

Good to see a decent update finally came!

#2350 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

-Stop the ball more (same as the previous point). The VUK, the inlane post, and the high stakes shot are the only ones that stop the ball (on the pro). The modes should all end in one of those shots, so you can actually enjoy whatever clip or light show they present. I addition, ANY shots to those places provide an opportunity for a cleaner use of LCD/clips/light shows. Comparing this game to Godzilla, where every clip seems to start or end when the ball isn't in play, is a good example. That code and interaction with LCD screen is a masterwork...and this...isn't
-Shorten the modes and balance the scoring, and/or add time for made shots. Right now the modes are all impossible to finish, and unrewarding when you do (only mode I've finished is Radioactive). Fewer shots that are worth more points would help clean this up and make them actually worth pursuing.
-The Q Ring slot machine mode is pretty terrible. Would be improved greatly by just removing the dialogue, I think we all cringe when Tiffany Case starts her banal monologue about being thrown into the slammer. There's a million iconic scenes in these movies and we get a mode centered around...this?

I was disappointed when Fedex Freight Priority damaged my game and I sent it back to Stern 4 weeks ago. After reading all the comments regarding the immature code (stacking modes/multi-balls especially) it doesn't really sound like I am missing that much at this point.

I still don't have have an ETA on when my fixed game will be returned to me (hoping within the next month), but hopefully the updated Bond 007 code will allow for mode/multi-ball stacking by then. The game is very nice looking with a lot of gadgets so I hope that the code eventually catches up and makes this a must have game.

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/47?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.