IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 313.
#2251 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Just joking around man. Not my intent to hurt feelings.

No feelings hurt. Don't be weird.

Just stating I did not see the Pro changes listed. Maybe I missed it.

Anyway, updated and playing first game now.

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Don't be weird.

OK then don't post shit that has already been posted.

#2253 1 year ago

Saul Goodman

#2254 1 year ago

So no additional music?

#2255 1 year ago

What's up with that guy? He was telling me not to duplicate post, I didn't see one, and now this?

"Ignored user comment" gandamack

#2256 1 year ago

Even Jack is incredulous on stream that he can’t bring multiball into a mode.

#2257 1 year ago

Was nearby and my machine squelch-farted! New code baby!!!!

#2258 1 year ago

First person to complain about the update gets booted for 6 weeks…… After all the crying on this site, you better be happy now.

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

First person to complain about the update gets booted for 6 weeks…… After all the crying on this site, you better be happy now.

My only complaint is the aliens that invade my property and lower floors during the night making it unsafe for me to descend the tower to my lower arcade floors. Maybe tomorrow when the sun rises I can see the new code!

#2260 1 year ago

I was expecting more songs and video. But I'm happy. Don't yell at me. I will be patient.

Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

My only complaint is the aliens that invade my property and lower floors during the night making it unsafe for me to descend the tower to my lower arcade floors. Maybe tomorrow when the sun rises I can see the new code!

I'm in the same boat. I have no idea what is waiting for me in our basement.

#2262 1 year ago

It’s like the last one….”polish” and a few more modes.

This is what I expected at .84

Keep it coming boys!

#2263 1 year ago

Grant henchman is Orient Express. Didn't get too far into it on my first try though because multiball canceled it...

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Grant henchman is Orient Express. Didn't get too far into it on my first try though because multiball canceled it...

Heh, same!

#2265 1 year ago

Yay new code!

Is the dude who’s tripping about aliens Maxmillion?

#2266 1 year ago

Need more Connery dialogue

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

You wouldn't think this wouldn't be that hard to fix.

#2268 1 year ago

Largo villain is the Disco Volante mode. Gotta say that might be my favorite so far, because it has the best "scene progression" experience. In hitting each shot and advancing the scene, Bond gets closer to sneaking aboard. This is a progression that "makes sense" -- each shot makes Bond "do something". In other words it doesn't feel like it's just showing the next part of a clip, you're actually part of the action!

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Yay new code!
Is the dude who’s tripping about aliens Maxmillion?

100% He’s baaaack…..

#2271 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

You wouldn't think this wouldn't be that hard to fix.

Might still be an issue with the Licensor restriction on not mixing content in the game from different movies at the same time. Gomez said it's been worked out now, but didn't say how. We have yet to see the resolution in the game.

#2272 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Largo villain is the Disco Volante mode. Gotta say that might be my favorite so far, because it has the best "scene progression" experience. In hitting each shot and advancing the scene, Bond gets closer to sneaking aboard. This is a progression that "makes sense" -- each shot makes Bond "do something". In other words it doesn't feel like it's just showing the next part of a clip, you're actually part of the action!

Almost like a pinball QTE.

#2273 1 year ago

It’s kinda cheeky and funny right now -kinda like the jive talk was. Hope he doesn’t go batshit crazy again lol

#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might still be an issue with the Licensor restriction on not mixing content in the game from different movies at the same time. Gomez said it's been worked out now, but didn't say how. We have yet to see the resolution in the game.

Good grief

#2275 1 year ago

Oooooh when you light SPECTRE weapon, now the insert light starts rotating through the weapons until you activate one, neato, I like that

#2276 1 year ago

I'll try to watch these movies while I work. I started being aware of Bond movies with Never Say Never Again as the only Connery movie I've seen. Roger Moore is who I associate with the Bond movies.

The theme means nothing to ne, just like Baywatch next it means nothing. All about the gameplay and code for me. These Bond video clips are boring AF.

#2277 1 year ago

Can someone help me with the Jet Pack motor calibration? Mine sits in front of the ramp and gets hit every time you shoot the left orbit. My assumption is that isn’t normal, but I’m not sure.

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone help me with the Jet Pack motor calibration? Mine sits in front of the ramp and gets hit every time you shoot the left orbit. My assumption is that isn’t normal, but I’m not sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-jetpack-issues#post-7358871

There’s some good info in this thread.

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Almost like a pinball QTE.

You know, I think this helped it finally dawn on me what's missing here. The modes in most games -- dating back quite some time -- are usually about you "accomplishing" something. Each shot in a mode is a punch in a fight, or an item to collect, or something advancement toward a goal. In Bond, most of the modes feel like it's just "hit a shot to advance through this clip". Exceptions are Grant / Disco Volante, maybe Odd Job if you consider that a "fight", maybe Radioactive Reconnaissance or Q's ring by "scanning" things or trying the next slot machine. But most of them are just "advance the scene". Hit the next shot to hear the next thing Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd have to say...why? Hit the next shot to watch Rosa Klebb inspect her henchman...why?

Given all the licensor troubles, I have little hope these modes might ever change, but that would be my constructive feedback to the programmers -- make modes feel like you're accomplishing things.

Maybe there could've been a Thunderball underwater battle mode -- remember how many diver fights there were? You could have a mode where each shot is a successful kill/incapacitating of a villainous diver.

Ooh oooh that could be a future multiball mode. Starts by getting it in the Scuba scoop, then all shots turn turquoise and each time you hit one, there's another diver fight on the screen (there were certainly enough in the movie). Defeat them all for thunderball super jackpot.

There ya go Stern, that one's a freebie, on the house!

#2280 1 year ago

Completing spectre targets is a non issue now. It makes some of those targets a waste because you dont really need one for each letter, but oh well.

I had a lot more fun playing with this update. Was able to see a lot more "stuff" rather than getting stuck just trying to start something interesting.

If mode stacking isn't allowed (unless maybe its ok to do henchman + villain + weapon from the same movie), then they need to let you cancel out of a MB start.

This might come across as blasphemy, and I don't say this lightly because its my favorite pin, but the structure of this game reminds me of a modernized IJ. I'm digging it.

Needs more Connery VO, for the love of god.

#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from GoRun26:

Could you share how you got the rubber stripping in place? I’m finding it extremely challenging.

I just cut the folded stripping so that’s it’s the right height and then use alcohol to clean the surface and the inside of the rubber fold. I then attach a small piece of double sided tape to the mounting surface and then apply the folded rubber bumper.

#2282 1 year ago
910222E5-BF7B-4FAF-9ECD-9E85AA0CE370 (resized).jpeg910222E5-BF7B-4FAF-9ECD-9E85AA0CE370 (resized).jpeg
#2283 1 year ago

Let me show you how terrible that session was! I was so excited to see new things… drain. I think some of the stuff was new? But with 30 second balls times, hard to see it lol

226B6E0B-2522-4752-BDFE-699879F42594 (resized).jpeg226B6E0B-2522-4752-BDFE-699879F42594 (resized).jpeg
#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Slot machine. Same clips. Love it

#2285 1 year ago

i’m all wet behind the chops for this game!

#2286 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I just cut the folded stripping so that’s it’s the right height and then use alcohol to clean the surface and the inside of the rubber fold. I then attach a small piece of double sided tape to the mounting surface and then apply the folded rubber bumper.

Thanks!

#2287 1 year ago

The multiball would be a welcomed addition. I think the divers could be roaming targets that have to be taken out by bond. Similar to the way that dinosaurs roam in JP but with multiple targets. We can always wish.

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

….

Maybe there could've been a Thunderball underwater battle mode -- remember how many diver fights there were? You could have a mode where each shot is a successful kill/incapacitating of a villainous diver.
Ooh oooh that could be a future multiball mode. Starts by getting it in the Scuba scoop, then all shots turn turquoise and each time you hit one, there's another diver fight on the screen (there were certainly enough in the movie). Defeat them all for thunderball super jackpot.
There ya go Stern, that one's a freebie, on the house!

#2288 1 year ago

Trust me, if the game developers had complete freedom with the licence, you'd have a pinball game that would blow your socks off. Number one pin of all-time, no doubt about it. But when the licensors have a firm and tight grip on your creative testicles, what you get is a shadow of the epic game everyone wants.

Don't ever blame the creators for the lack of content, or uneven flow to the gameplay... they are mostly powerless, but will always give you the best they can.

You want the big licences, they give you the big licences, but at a creative cost.

#2289 1 year ago

If stacking is not turned on, this game is toast.

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Maybe they can do something like Lyman did with Batman66. When you have two modes going at once, you can "change channels" via the action button.

That feature let you toggle between simultaneously running multiple modes to see the shots you need to hit and hear the music and callouts for the mode you want to focus on.

As implemented on Batman66 LCD there were small TV's on the side showing the other running modes playing in the background.

Plenty of room on Bond LCD to do something similar. Anyone know if that feature was implemented on any other Stern games?

I'm not familiar with Stranger Things code. How does that game handle simultaneously running modes?

#2291 1 year ago

Had to give Bond the Hasselhoff treatment while I await the alternate translite.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SvfJ2E3G9kunsH8cA

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe they can do something like Lyman did with Batman66. When you have two modes going at once, you can "change channels" via the action button.
That feature let you toggle between simultaneously running multiple modes to see the shots you need to hit and hear the music and callouts for the mode you want to focus on.
As implemented on Batman66 LCD there were small TV's on the side showing the other running modes playing in the background.
Plenty of room on Bond LCD to do something similar. Anyone know if that feature was implemented on any other Stern games?
I'm not familiar with Stranger Things code. How does that game handle simultaneously running modes?

That would be a great solution. As the code stands now, the game is too frustrating. I can’t think of another game that kills a mode when a new one starts. The .84 additions and improvements are for nothing without some form of stacking. It’s a real buzzkill.

#2293 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Agree. Worst case, at least start the mode back up after the multi-ball.

#2294 1 year ago

Did I hear correctly that the licensor is the reason the modes end when multiballs are started?

#2295 1 year ago

Why don't they just prevent the multiball from starting until there are no modes running? Then when they get approval for stacking they can lift that condition and code the stacking.

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

#2296 1 year ago

Stern sucks. This game is a steaming mess

#2297 1 year ago

So from an IP standpoint it's ok to jump around between 6 different movies during gameplay with scenes that are not in any chronological order as long as you don't intermix scenes from 2 movies, or different parts of the same movie, at the same time? Makes perfect sense.

#2298 1 year ago

Just as a note: Jetpack DOES stack with Fiona Volpe. Which does fit since both are from Thunderball. Haven't had enough time with the new code to see if the same applies to Largo. Pretty sure Bird One does NOT stack w/ Blofeld or Osato though, but I wouldn't swear to it since it's hard to tell w/ same colored inserts and all the chaos of three balls on that playfield.

#2299 1 year ago

Seems this update came 'just in time' for the current Pro run inventory to hit the distributors...............lip service update for sure. Very disappointing the stacking isn't there yet and I agree with others if they don't get that working soon this game image is going to struggle hard for a long time.

#2300 1 year ago

Yeah this "update" is pretty mediocre at best

Time too sell this machine, I don't like the direction this is going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
11,500 (Firm)
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.