IMG_3500 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7938692_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
20231223_141458 (resized).jpg
20240626_181831 (resized).jpg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 333.
#16451 32 days ago

This morning, while insider connected, I was one shot away from finishing Ahoy Mr Bond for the first time before I got timed out by the mode.

This afternoon, just now, I had another good game and played through Goldfinger Jackpot but I just couldn't get the final super jackpot shot before timing out the mode.

If you want me, you can find me crying in the corner for the next hour.

#16452 32 days ago
Quoted from redxshirt:

This morning, while insider connected, I was one shot away from finishing Ahoy Mr Bond for the first time before I got timed out by the mode.
This afternoon, just now, I had another good game and played through Goldfinger Jackpot but I just couldn't get the final super jackpot shot before timing out the mode.
If you want me, you can find me crying in the corner for the next hour.

I found out last night if you use your weapons to advance Goldfinger Jackpot to the final shot, it automatically goes into countdown mode regardless how long you've been playing it. When I tried it out last night, I'd been playing the mode for about a minute, used my weapons and suddenly I had about 15 seconds to get the final shot.

#16453 32 days ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Should be interesting to see what the opinion of the Bond family of pins is in another 12-24 months when the code is complete. It appears that every new release is criticized severely and then a few years later is hailed as the greatest game ever. I think that Stern has figured out that if they want to sell $10k+ machines they need to make the code as good as possible. Bond is probably one of the greatest themes out there. I don't think Stern will fail on this one.

Looking through early past posts, this reads like a crystal ball from 18 months ago. Every new machine has problems, criticism and crap code. A year later and it's like night and day, every machine becomes the best pinball machine ever made.

I didn't like Rush in the beginning but my opinion has changed drastically. I don't like John Wick right now but I'm wholefully confident it'll change... But in like a year.

It's been a long ride but Bond has taken a complete 180, and it's one of my favorite games now.

#16454 31 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

How great is the fuckin game guys?!? I don’t feel like I chopping wood at all! Varied, fast, fun, and nostalgic.

It’s amazing but it’s missing some callouts and polish. The dynamics to the game/rules are complete but hopefully we get one more update that puts it over the edge.

#16455 31 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

It’s amazing but it’s missing some callouts and polish. The dynamics to the game/rules are complete but hopefully we get one more update that puts it over the edge.

I think you are right. The game is great right now but needs a few more things:

-callouts from the movies (not just the random British guy)
-high scores for all of the multiballs
-better high score entry screens
-challenge modes
-maybe adjust Q's Ring scoring?

#16456 31 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

-challenge modes

That’s a good list. The callouts really are the most glaring need and also the best opportunity to give the game more personality. I’ve said many times that the Bond women and some villain/M/moneypenny/Bond callouts are needed. The game is fun and has lots of great clips, but it could be funnier with well-chosen callouts. My favorite modes are Blofeld and Bath O’ Sub because they’re so silly and fun. Hopefully they’ll choose callouts that are in that vein. I’ll consider the game lacking if there isn’t at least one Bond woman that sighs “oh, James” when you make a great shot.

#16457 31 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

That’s a good list. The callouts really are the most glaring need and also the best opportunity to give the game more personality. I’ve said many times that the Bond women and some villain/M/moneypenny/Bond callouts are needed. The game is fun and has lots of great clips, but it could be funnier with well-chosen callouts. My favorite modes are Blofeld and Bath O’ Sub because they’re so silly and fun. Hopefully they’ll choose callouts that are in that vein. I’ll consider the game lacking if there isn’t at least one Bond woman that sighs “oh, James” when you make a great shot.

Mike V said on the 1.0 release that they recoded 100’s of callouts. My fear is that we won’t get to see any of them whether it be the licensing or maybe Mike V was talking about something else.

Did anyone ask Mike V about it? I know he was at a few expos recently

#16458 31 days ago

Finally got to play the 1.02 code tonight after a long road trip. What is the new skill shot on the left orbit (goes away when you hold the flipper button)?

I wish it still showed you mode progress when you get a multiball going.

As far as voice actors go, I think the random British dude did a good job (far better than Dreyfus's on Jaws).

#16459 31 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Finally got to play the 1.02 code tonight after a long road trip. What is the new skill shot on the left orbit (goes away when you hold the flipper button)?
I wish it still showed you mode progress when you get a multiball going.
As far as voice actors go, I think the random British dude did a good job (far better than Dreyfus's on Jaws).

That skill shot is soft plunge to the right orbit, to the flippers and then hit the left orbit/back ramp. It's really hard and you would never go for it without knowing about it. I've done it a couple of times just for the insider connected achievement but I don't think I'm ever gonna actively try for it.

#16460 31 days ago
Quoted from redxshirt:

That skill shot is soft plunge to the right orbit, to the flippers and then hit the left orbit/back ramp. It's really hard and you would never go for it without knowing about it. I've done it a couple of times just for the insider connected achievement but I don't think I'm ever gonna actively try for it.

I still haven’t found the MXV. Someone said it’s Bond woman loop to Henchman but I nailed that and I didn’t get it.

#16461 31 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

How great is the fuckin game guys?!? I don’t feel like I chopping wood at all! Varied, fast, fun, and nostalgic.

The game and the code are fantastic!

Top 3 title for me!

#16462 31 days ago

Me neither. Is it one of the 8 skill shots on the pop up list or an IC only acheivement?
Also, do you get anything for completing all 8 skill shots? that would cool.

Quoted from Rhart51:

I still haven’t found the MXV. Someone said it’s Bond woman loop to Henchman but I nailed that and I didn’t get it.

#16463 31 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Looking at the new Jaws topper I'd say we got off lucky to get the Bond one for a K at this point.

I an not a topper guy but I made an exception for Rush. Bond topper was so good I made a second exception. LOL

Quoted from tilted81:

Still my favorite game period 1 year later. To be fair I am a big Bond fan also, never get tired of the music and theme.

#16464 31 days ago
Quoted from rob3:

Got it, def see that from time to time. I'll get something going and let folks know when it's ready. Hate to say it but cost will have to be $20 on this one too, just too much work on the shipping and logisstics side to charge anything less. I could put a 007 logo or something on there though, LMK if you have any ideas?

I’d be in for one . Complaints from players.

#16465 31 days ago

Replaced original spring for the shooter rod with a "red" one from Marco specialties. No more problems with the ball going all the way around for the skill shot.

#16466 30 days ago

Just picked up a Bond pro. Made a cheap shooter rod with a 007 Penfold hearts golf ball. Couldn’t find a retro Penfold hearts or Slazenger 279 ball.

48177127-6B2E-4462-ADED-BC0B7D9C4AB0 (resized).jpeg48177127-6B2E-4462-ADED-BC0B7D9C4AB0 (resized).jpeg
#16467 30 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

I an not a topper guy but I made an exception for Rush. Bond topper was so good I made a second exception. LOL

Still my favorite game period 1 year later. To be fair I am a big Bond fan also, never get tired of the music and theme.

The Rush topper looks cool. I have seen it in person but never installed on a game. I got rid of my Rush before it came out but Rush is super rare exception where even though I owned a Premium before, I still would like to own a Pro someday.

#16468 30 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Just picked up a Bond pro. Made a cheap shooter rod with a 007 Penfold hearts golf ball. Couldn’t find a retro Penfold hearts or Slazenger 279 ball.
[quoted image]

"You play a Slazenger 1 don't you?"

#16469 30 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The Rush topper looks cool. I have seen it in person but never installed on a game. I got rid of my Rush before it came out but Rush is super rare exception where even though I owned a Premium before, I still would like to own a Pro someday.

Rush pro is a lot of fun but it's significantly faster than the premium without that VUK and extra ball ramp. Game is bolted in my basement.

#16470 30 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush pro is a lot of fun but it's significantly faster than the premium without that VUK and extra ball ramp. Game is bolted in my basement.

Yeah the VUK is what I did not like on the Premium.

Hope to pick up a Pro at some point down the line.

#16471 30 days ago

Rocket loop lid testing underway. About to send off to SimplePin since he’s experiencing the switch problem quite often. There is a balance to this one between covering the switch effectively to address the air ball, while not impeding the path of the rocket ball eject. Trying 3 different sizes.

IMG_9889 (resized).jpegIMG_9889 (resized).jpegIMG_9890 (resized).jpegIMG_9890 (resized).jpegIMG_9891 (resized).jpegIMG_9891 (resized).jpegIMG_9892 (resized).jpegIMG_9892 (resized).jpegIMG_9893 (resized).jpegIMG_9893 (resized).jpeg
#16472 30 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

-challenge modes

More movie stuff means more better - agree

#16473 30 days ago
Quoted from rob3:

Rocket loop lid testing underway. About to send off to SimplePin since he’s experiencing the switch problem quite often. There is a balance to this one between covering the switch effectively to address the air ball, while not impeding the path of the rocket ball eject. Trying 3 different sizes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, this look great.

#16474 29 days ago
Quoted from rob3:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Weird thing is mine has not registered 3 random times. But only since the upgrade to 1.02. I thought it was something to do with the update.
Nice work.

#16475 29 days ago

I don’t know what happened or if all this talk about left orbit jinxed my game but I’m not registering the left ramp and it’s causing all kinds of weird stuff with with jet pack including the ball being “lost” hung behind bond on a wand.

I took off the glass and started hitting the switch in the left orbit under the bird one drop and I full depress it and nothing happens.

I’m not getting any bad “tests”. Any ideas on what to check or replace or ???

#16476 29 days ago

This wasn't easy.

No ball save on the skill shot plunges after the Bird locks.

Now to chase that MXV!

Screenshot_20240614_000945_Stern IC (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240614_000945_Stern IC (resized).jpg
#16477 29 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

I don’t know what happened or if all this talk about left orbit jinxed my game but I’m not registering the left ramp and it’s causing all kinds of weird stuff with with jet pack including the ball being “lost” hung behind bond on a wand.
I took off the glass and started hitting the switch in the left orbit under the bird one drop and I full depress it and nothing happens.
I’m not getting any bad “tests”. Any ideas on what to check or replace or ???

So when you test the switch in diagnostics it works fine? But when you have the game running it’s not registering? All the time or sometimes?

#16478 29 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So when you test the switch in diagnostics it works fine? But when you have the game running it’s not registering? All the time or sometimes?

Great question / next steps. Its seems like it is sporadic. But when I took off the glass and depressed it 20 times, nothing registered.

I’ll go run another diagnostics now. <sigh, a pinball machine is never “done”, just like a house, one more project>

#16479 29 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

Great question / next steps. Its seems like it is sporadic. But when I took off the glass and depressed it 20 times, nothing registered.
I’ll go run another diagnostics now. <sigh, a pinball machine is never “done”, just like a house, one more project>

On my Bond LE the scuba VUK switch was registering inconsistently. I could roll a ball into the VUK and it would work, but during game play it would not register consistently 100 percent. I ended up replacing the switch and now it registers 100 percent.

You may want to look at replacing the problematic switch if adjusting the actuator wire doesn't fix the problem. Make sure that you test the switch by rolling a ball over it in addition to manually depressing it with your finger.

Gord

#16480 29 days ago

Hi,
I am a satisfied owner of 007 Since I really don't like "naked" switches, I try to mask them.
I did something like in the photo. Do you think this looks OK?

007-foto (resized).jpg007-foto (resized).jpg
#16481 29 days ago

George Gomez posted this. It is the STL file to 3D-print the alignment spacer for the upper flipper.

James Bond 007 Upper Flipper Adjustment Gage
https://sternpinball.com/james-bond-007-upper-flipper-adjustment-gage/

#16482 29 days ago

Ok, someone with a 3D printer print one. Use it then mail it to me. I'll cover shipping.

#16483 28 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Ok, someone with a 3D printer print one. Use it then mail it to me. I'll cover shipping.

Me too

#16484 28 days ago

Happy to pay for time and shipping

#16485 28 days ago

For those of you who do not have 3d printers, this place will print the upper flipper gauge for 10 bucks, and free shipping.

Select mm and not inches. Otherwise it’s 57 inches long.

https://www.xometry.com/

#16486 28 days ago

Forgive me for such a simple question but I’m a simple player new to the hobby and JB. During the jet pack multi ball when the JB magnet carries the ball, what target releases the ball over the dragon tank switch? I thought the rules indicates the tank target but mine seems to release with the gate to the left of it.

Thank much

#16487 28 days ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

Forgive me for such a simple question but I’m a simple player new to the hobby and JB. During the jet pack multi ball when the JB magnet carries the ball, what target releases the ball over the dragon tank switch? I thought the rules indicates the tank target but mine seems to release with the gate to the left of it.
Thank much

It’s the switch to the left of the tank.

#16488 28 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

George Gomez posted this. It is the STL file to 3D-print the alignment spacer for the upper flipper.

What is the purpose of this alignment? I have heard pinheads have had trouble with one of the shots or ramps off of the upper left flipper. I don’t recall what is the issue? Thx

#16489 28 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Gee, thx Stern. I’ll just run over to my 3D printer now. Oh wait, I don’t have one.

If the game requires a flipper gage, then send one out to owners.

I don’t need one myself.

#16490 28 days ago

I think it’s probably because over time of ownership ppl messed with it so much they felt like something was needed to get it back to stock. It’s a solid gesture imo.

#16491 28 days ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

Thank much

When you start the mode, it’s the gate that releases the ball the first time. Then you have to hit the white lit shots to qualify the ramp again. Then when you hit the ramp, Jetpack bond will grab the ball again, at that point the tank shot is what releases the ball from the jetpack.

#16492 28 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Gee, thx Stern. I’ll just run over to my 3D printer now. Oh wait, I don’t have one.
I don’t need one myself.

it doesn’t require one. But some people play their game a lot and eventually the flipper will need to be rebuilt. At that point, many people will want to adjust the flipper back to the right spot. It’s easier to do this with a guide. George was nice enough to give everyone a guide to get it adjusted to factory setting. If you don’t have a 3-d printer, you can find a service to print this for you online for about $10. Or you can pay a third party mod maker about $30, or you can just complain about Stern giving you something for fee. It’s up to you.

#16493 28 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

When you start the mode, it’s the gate that releases the ball the first time. Then you have to hit the white lit shots to qualify the ramp again. Then when you hit the ramp, Jetpack bond will grab the ball again, at that point the tank shot is what releases the ball from the jetpack.

Thanks much for the detailed guidance

#16494 27 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don’t need one myself.

#16495 26 days ago

Officially in the club with a Pro! Can't wait to dig into this thing.

#16496 25 days ago

I am terrible at Pinball is it recommended to leave the mode times as they are as the default or lower them so I can see more of the game?

#16497 25 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I am terrible at Pinball is it recommended to leave the mode times as they are as the default or lower them so I can see more of the game?

I wouldn’t lengthen the mode times, because you don’t see more of the game by completing the modes, only starting the modes. So instead of lengthening the times, I would increase the number of balls from 3 up to (whatever number you need) to see more of the game.

#16498 25 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

I wouldn’t lengthen the mode times, because you don’t see more of the game by completing the modes, only starting the modes. So instead of lengthening the times, I would increase the number of balls from 3 up to (whatever number you need) to see more of the game.

gotcha i prefer to stay at 3 so it gets me getting better; im not that bad my high is 2.1 billion

#16499 25 days ago

You can increase the extra balls to UNLIMITED and enable an EB for HIGH SCORE. That should get you further in the game without changing from 3 ball play.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

gotcha i prefer to stay at 3 so it gets me getting better; im not that bad my high is 2.1 billion

#16500 25 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’ve had this game since day 1, consider myself a decent player, and I’ve only broken 1 billion once. I think you’re doing fine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomington, MN
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Grove, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 333.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.