IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 313.
#1351 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

That's what she said!! Sorry, couldn't resist Mark!

#1352 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No magnet under there, but that side to side action really makes it gobble up the ball a lot.
There's also a slight ridge where the plastic insert meets the playfield, and that often seems to guide the ball back TOWARDS the VUK instead of away from it.

I also wondered if there was a magnet because it does seem to get sucked back when it’s trying to roll out. Probably just something to do with that plastic cover… I hadn’t tried peeling the protector off it yet

#1353 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

You will be able to buy the 60th topper soon for 1k.
$tern lied to everyone in the 60th video saying its exclusive.

They also had the shaker motor on the list.... so obviously it's not really an 'exclusive' list.

#1354 1 year ago

Wanted an LE but this will do. Thanks Pinball Refinery for the side armor.

08550FC2-F70D-443D-96AB-330BF46A332F (resized).jpeg08550FC2-F70D-443D-96AB-330BF46A332F (resized).jpeg4655A629-03A9-461C-A510-0D6D096E389C (resized).jpeg4655A629-03A9-461C-A510-0D6D096E389C (resized).jpeg573B9802-A72B-44E1-8530-9A82A7FD61E6 (resized).jpeg573B9802-A72B-44E1-8530-9A82A7FD61E6 (resized).jpeg891CF80C-5367-4653-9304-631DDEC32928 (resized).jpeg891CF80C-5367-4653-9304-631DDEC32928 (resized).jpegC561D273-B031-4518-809D-4A9327E5E20F (resized).jpegC561D273-B031-4518-809D-4A9327E5E20F (resized).jpegD3D6AEC6-249D-494C-B26B-06D6D7942269 (resized).jpegD3D6AEC6-249D-494C-B26B-06D6D7942269 (resized).jpegE0B6A1BC-165E-4030-8AB7-6367F24DD231 (resized).jpegE0B6A1BC-165E-4030-8AB7-6367F24DD231 (resized).jpegE12C6FAE-6038-4BA6-9425-0F4BD319CB85 (resized).jpegE12C6FAE-6038-4BA6-9425-0F4BD319CB85 (resized).jpegE9E0A43E-3509-40C0-8E71-7CD700EF17BE (resized).jpegE9E0A43E-3509-40C0-8E71-7CD700EF17BE (resized).jpeg
#1355 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Are those art blades available anywhere?

#1356 1 year ago

Wiz mods they are overseas

#1357 1 year ago

I must be doing something right, just had a blow out game.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

I think it seems less of an issue the steeper you make it. At 6.8 it would often kick out and pop back in.

Don't think so hard about it. 60th design = $$$$

Yes it seems that’s the case. I can’t believe the difference between 6.8 and 7.2 but I would say rolls into the left eject have reduced by maybe 75%. Also I dropped the power a little bit it was kicking out and hitting the dragon car and sometimes going right back into the eject I dropped it two power levels. Something must be working, I had my best game by far last night. Definitely enjoying the pin and really liking how hard it is.

30C8FB4E-8E31-4DB8-B469-EA44355671AA (resized).jpeg30C8FB4E-8E31-4DB8-B469-EA44355671AA (resized).jpegD18686F2-042F-4DF0-A9BE-E0149C5304F8 (resized).jpegD18686F2-042F-4DF0-A9BE-E0149C5304F8 (resized).jpeg
#1358 1 year ago

Wiz mods they are overseas

They beat the LE stock blades

#1359 1 year ago

Does anyone know who's signature is on the LE art blades?

IMG_2537 (resized).jpegIMG_2537 (resized).jpeg
#1360 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does anyone know who's signature is on the LE art blades?
[quoted image]

Ken Adams. The man responsible for pretty much the entire bond aesthetic

#1361 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ken Adams. The man responsible for pretty much the entire bond aesthetic

Actually it's Ken Adam (not Adams) a lot of people mistakenly add the "s" on the end of his name.

In addition his iconic production design on many Bond films he was also production designer of Dr Stranglove which also has amazing sets.

In additon to coming up with the gadget heavy DB5, he also designed the gadget heavey car for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. That film was based on the Ian Fleming novel, and was also produced by Bond producer Albert Broccoli. It also has the actors who played Q and Goldfinger in it.

As a classic Bond fan I really like the Ken Adam sketches for the art blades.

#1362 1 year ago

My premium was just delivered!

#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I bet you have a loose connection somewhere, possibly one of the ethernet cables is loose

Further investigation reveals a bad GI white bulb in the left slingshot causing overcurrent. Removing the bulb for now while I get a replacement.

#1364 1 year ago

Like most Gomez games, I think this one will get more love over time. I have about 200 plays on my Pro and I’m really enjoying shooting this pin. I can see why the codes tied up. There’s actually quite a bit of movie footage in the various modes that looks awesome from multiple movies. The Art is better than initially thought once you see it in person imo. I like the movie posters and I’m still finding cool things on the playfield.

#1365 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Adjusting the 3rd flipper so that it points to the underwater scene cover screw makes the henchman and bond girl shots much easier. Thank you for whoever suggested that adjustment.
As for the different games and their pricing - I just don't get it.
It seems that the pro gives you everything except the jetpack and the mechanical ball lock - both of which I could do without. I bought the LE as I always buy LE's, but I might not next time. The Premium for $4k less is a much better deal since you get everything the LE has minus some signatures and different art work. The one that is baffling me the most is the 60th anniversary. Supposedly, it encompasses all the bond men and every film, yet no movies to display - only a playfield screen that does nothing but help you understand the rules? The mechanical scoring is cool, but why wasn't this limited playfield designated as the Pro model if they were not going to give all the movies in the most expensive machine? And 500 is hardly a limited supply compared to the Batman SLE. The 60th anniversary should have had more cool toys such as an Odd Job hat that moves around like the ball does on Dracula or GB or maybe something cool like a Lotus car that flies off the pier into the water and then drives back up the beach? I'm having a hard time understanding the 60th design.

Could you post a pic please? Those ramps are hard to hit for me. Figured out how to hit the villains one better but that henchmen one is tough.

#1366 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Music is really growing on me. Slow pace when modes are active are great. Will be curious how that plays out once stacking is in place. I do think my nostalgic for the music helps, if these tunes are not familiar to you, it may not have the same impact.
I am noticing many hits on the rocket do some things. Not sure how they pan out but reminds me of beating up the castle on MM. Def don’t hate it and will be curious to see how this plays into strategy with future updates.

I agree I love that Bond theme playing in the background while I shoot. They did a great job with music and video so far. Really expecting a great final product. This one is fun for sure.

#1367 1 year ago
Quoted from gwt561324:

Further investigation reveals a bad GI white bulb in the left slingshot causing overcurrent. Removing the bulb for now while I get a replacement.

Add mine to the bad GI bulb and/or socket list. I didn't notice any power loss while playing or any lights going off/on, but I kept seeing node 8 overcurrent tech alerts. The alert message listed everything connected to CN7 and CN8 under both drive and light, so that wasn't very helpful, and running the test cleared it. Since the GI bulbs are most often the cause, I disconnected CN15 from node 8 and played a couple fairly long games and the overcurrent message didn't come back, so at least I've got it narrowed down.

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Add mine to the bad GI bulb and/or socket list. I didn't notice any power loss while playing or any lights going off/on, but I kept seeing node 8 overcurrent tech alerts. The alert message listed everything connected to CN7 and CN8 under both drive and light, so that wasn't very helpful, and running the test cleared it. Since the GI bulbs are most often the cause, I disconnected CN15 from node 8 and played a couple fairly long games and the overcurrent message didn't come back, so at least I've got it narrowed down.

I just wiggled the lights while in the GI light test for 151 and 152. When I touched the bad light they went off and stayed off.

#1369 1 year ago

Got a chance to play a bond Le at my distributor today . The game actually belongs to a fellow pinsider i met!

First impressions of the game are stellar and I’m probably going to Definitely pick up a pro or premium In the future.

This is the best themed pin for me and my taste i like the theme Better then any other modern stern and even like it better than GZ;

Game shoots super smooth really nice variety of different shots that you usually don’t see; that left ramp shot is killer when it goes off sooo satisfying.

Overall I believe this game is a going to do great once it’s completed; he’ll it’s great now at .8

#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

My premium was just delivered!

Open it up and post up some photos.. Have an experience on Pinside that is positive!

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're welcome. I wasn't planning on selling it, I made it for me, but it turned out very nice so I thought others that didn't care about lights or interactivity and just wanted the tank model there so it looked more like the Prem/LE (the fins are smaller on the Prem/LE and there's no dude popping out of the top, but it's very close) would appreciate an easy mount for the Amazon $20 Dragon Tank.
Just make sure you have a TINY triangle security screwdriver to get off the little screw holding the tank to the scene box it comes in. You'll re-use that same screw to secure the tank to my bracket, too. I believe it's a 1.4mm triangle drive (TA14). No idea why the toy maker used a security bit for something so common, but they did. Fortunately, I had one on hand from taking apart Nintendo hardware back in the day, but most people probably will not have it.
EDIT: Amazon blew through 15 of those $20 Dragon Tanks since I posted the link yesterday. As of Sunday evening there's only one left. Hopefully they restock. I think they can easily sell another 50 or more over time.

I am pretty sure I have the right bit for those secuirty screws. I always find most mods for lighted things a bit over-priced for my tastes. I can always try and light the car later myself if I feel inclined. I think Diddy's tower mod has more valuable and he teased a mod for something to cover the stainless ball block just behind it that would be a nice feature. Not everything has to be lit...either....so I appreciate you figuring it out and making it easy. I know people selling the Dragon lit would price that $100 and for the modification time into it plus parts I undersatnd the cost.

Waiting on Diddy's mods for this title hoping he can create magic like he did in Godzilla, heck I am on a wishlist for his stuff an my Godzilla will not even be here until February.

#1372 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I am pretty sure I have the right bit for those secuirty screws.

It's TINY. I had to root around in my Nintendo tools to find the smallest one. The normal one I have was like a 2.0 or a 2.3 and it was WAY too big.

Quoted from wamonkey:

I always find most mods for lighted things a bit over-priced for my tastes. I can always try and light the car later myself if I feel inclined. I think Diddy's tower mod has more valuable and he teased a mod for something to cover the stainless ball block just behind it that would be a nice feature. Not everything has to be lit...either....so I appreciate you figuring it out and making it easy. I know people selling the Dragon lit would price that $100 and for the modification time into it plus parts I undersatnd the cost.
Waiting on Diddy's mods for this title hoping he can create magic like he did in Godzilla, heck I am on a wishlist for his stuff an my Godzilla will not even be here until February.

More options are always better. I only wanted to mount the tank with no interactive lighting or whatever and I figured others might too, and this bracket prevents excess drilling to make holes in the underside of the car and kludge mount solutions. Pretty quick and simple. I see the tank is now sold out at Amazon. Hopefully they restock it soon. I bet they could sell 50 of them at that $20 price.

#1373 1 year ago

Did anyone else not get plastic key fob/ key chains with their LEs?

#1374 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Just the 007 one (and maybe one with a barcode?). Looks like it was in the bag with the slingshot plastics.

goodies (resized).jpeggoodies (resized).jpeg
#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I know people selling the Dragon lit

Quoted from PinMonk:

More options are always better.

Since there's been a lot of Dragon talk over here, and I just made more progress on my version yesterday, here's a couple pics. I like vehicles to be on a scene (see my Red Barchetta mod) so I'm making my lit tank with some low-lying marshy brush to look similar to its terrain in the movie. Mouth lights up when the standup target is hit (when tank shoots flames on screen), and eyes are lit with GI.

I suppose I could probably make the scenery & tank available without the lights for those of you who don't want the tank lit.

More info and video over in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/4#post-7339831

20230108_220458 (resized).jpg20230108_220458 (resized).jpg20230108_220508 (resized).jpg20230108_220508 (resized).jpg20230108_220511 (resized).jpg20230108_220511 (resized).jpg
#1376 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

I’ll be doing this tomorrow, thanks for being so descriptive!

Absolutely! The thing I love most about this site is the helpfulness and generosity of the vast majority of Pinsiders. After four years of never hitting the ignore button I have used it a few times recently and it has made the experience much more enjoyable. It’s surprising how few make threads unenjoyable and just removing those few make them fun again. I have received so much help on this site and I am very thankful and grateful for all of you. I just got an Alien in the last couple weeks and that machine has gone down three times and Pinsiders have got me up and running each time within I’d say about an hour. How can you beat that? So I’m happy to help when I can with my limited knowledge.

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When it wasn't sitting in the notch, I noticed the gate was more likely to occasionally bounce high enough to let the ball back out and exit the rollover area, never getting to the pops.

Yes I agree with this now after playing it more I wasn’t getting in the pops a lot and I definitely saw the ball bounce off the gate so this is most likely what was happening to me as well.

#1378 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Since there's been a lot of Dragon talk over here, and I just made more progress on my version yesterday, here's a couple pics. I like vehicles to be on a scene (see my Red Barchetta mod) so I'm making my lit tank with some low-lying marshy brush to look similar to its terrain in the movie. Mouth lights up when the standup target is hit (when tank shoots flames on screen), and eyes are lit with GI.
I suppose I could probably make the scenery & tank available without the lights for those of you who don't want the tank lit.
More info and video over in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread/page/4#post-7339831[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks fantastic!

#1379 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Not in my goodie bag either. At least there was a nice mix of extra plastics, stickers and small parts. Those key chains are nice touches, wish they would always put them in. It would also be great if they would sell extra sets of playfield stickers so we could buy those when we buy a pin since eventually they get messed up. I got my Stranger Things used and it had by far the most plays than any pin I’ve ever owned and some of the playfield stickers are really worn I’d love to replace them but I can’t seem to find them.

#1380 1 year ago

Just got my premium setup! Anyone have any advice for the speakers sounding practically blow during bass parts specifically when the balls in the pop bumpers.

#1381 1 year ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Just got my premium setup! Anyone have any advice for the speakers sounding practically blow during bass parts specifically when the balls in the pop bumpers.

I’d be interested in this as well. My bond sounds fine but my Godzilla speakers sound like that.

#1382 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I’d be interested in this as well. My bond sounds fine but my Godzilla speakers sound like that.

I'm still dialing in the sound on Bond, new speakers coming in tomorrow that I'm going to try out, hopefully an improvement over the stock LE. I've been meaning to post a long write up in the DIY sound thread. But that is a great place to start down the sound mod rabbit hole.

#1383 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

know a guy in st louis that has a LE for sale if you change your mind

#1384 1 year ago

Anyone have a source for sling and inlane plastic protectors? I haven't been able to find a set yet.

#1385 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Anyone have a source for sling and inlane plastic protectors? I haven't been able to find a set yet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07587-stern-bond-007-plastic-protectors

#1386 1 year ago

Just saw that one. Was putting an order in but my helpful credit card company flags the transaction. Grrr.

#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Just saw that one. Was putting an order in but my helpful credit card company flags the transaction. Grrr.

The fluorescent blue looks great, very subtle blue, makes the colors pop.

#1388 1 year ago

I expect to get dragged for this, but initial thoughts: game has some really fun shots and reminds me a lot of baywatch but that’s not a bad thing. Excited to see where the code goes glad I snagged a premium because I’m a bond fanboy but not seeing the extras being worth the cost, yet. Machine was pretty good straight out of the box sans my weird sound issues, my upper gate does also not sit properly but I put a slight bend on it and no problems since.

#1389 1 year ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

I took out the stock paper ones and put in 5 1/4 kenwoods and it sounds a lot better. Also added an external sub.
Kenwood KFC-1366S 250 Watt... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SFC3P9

#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I didn't get any errors, but I had a GI bulb on the right skirt wired backwards. Quick fix with a soldering iron, but annoying that they actually made that kind of mistake during build of the harness... I get 'plug it in wrong' during manufacturing but I figured stuff like this would've been machine produced.

--Chris

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Interesting, last night I tried a pinside market order using Google Pay and my Citi card got flagged and locked. Ended up making the purchase on my amex, but the timing of your post makes me wonder if something funky was up since its around the same time I tried to order as well.

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

The fluorescent blue looks great, very subtle blue, makes the colors pop.

I've got the blue on mine. Looks nice.

20230110_125125 (resized).jpg20230110_125125 (resized).jpg
#1393 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I took out the stock paper ones and put in 5 1/4 kenwoods and it sounds a lot better. Also added an external sub.
Kenwood KFC-1366S 250 Watt... amazon.com link »

Sweet, I just ordered this speaker hopefully that will fix the annoying pop bumper base sounds. Thanks! I am assuming the noise is coming from the speaker in the cabinet.

#1394 1 year ago

Bond LE is finally home.

AFB10286-697C-4082-8704-FD4D5500ECA5 (resized).jpegAFB10286-697C-4082-8704-FD4D5500ECA5 (resized).jpeg
#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

I've got the blue on mine. Looks nice. [quoted image]

You can take those ugly washers off now that you have the plastic protectors installed.

#1396 1 year ago

Now what ??

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1397 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

I've got the blue on mine. Looks nice. [quoted image]

Looks good, but once you have the protectors on, I don't think those ugly metal washers are needed. They block the light from underneath also.

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

Interesting, last night I tried a pinside market order using Google Pay and my Citi card got flagged and locked. Ended up making the purchase on my amex, but the timing of your post makes me wonder if something funky was up since its around the same time I tried to order as well.

Yep, just spent some quality time on the phone with the card company and eventually got it straightened out; He was saying that Pinside was flagged, not sure if it was just flagged on my account or more generally, transaction went through and I also went for the light blue, looks great.

#1399 1 year ago

fun???

#1400 1 year ago

Invite me down to Colts Neck to play!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Contact
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/28?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.