20240714_150732 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240711_231328_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240711_230851_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240711_230733_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240711_230750_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_5706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3635 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 335.
#11051 10 months ago

Anyone else wish they would change up they way you qualify some of these wizard modes?

The 6 of anything is definitely a bit of a grind to have to do repeatedly.

Forget about completing 6 of everything for HMSS, at least with the glass on.

#11052 10 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m also having issues updating via Wi-Fi, didn’t automatically update like it usually does and it keeps stopping. Has to be something on sterns side, would be nice if they communicated that they are having issues.

Mine eventually worked. I downloaded it numerous times and it failed. I finally skipped the automatic install and was standing there when the download finished. It prompted me to do the install and I hit enter. Then it worked fine. No idea if I was just lucky or that had something to do with it

#11053 10 months ago

Out of curiosity, for those of you having issues with the update, do you have Insider Connected connected?

I have never used IC and had no issue downloading the new update... it did take a little longer than usual, but only an hour or so and I didn't do anything aside from the auto download/install. I just noticed people talking about resets on the Foo machine and resets of scores on IC and it made me wonder...

#11054 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else wish they would change up they way you qualify some of these wizard modes?

Yes, it’s beyond asinine. We are all hoping they change it because it could become the one thing that sinks this game in court of public opinion.

In my opinion (worth nothing) I think they will have to change it because next to no one is going to want to do that past 1 or 2 games and not be bored with it.

When a staunch defender for the early release like Crazy Levi is complaining about it, you know it’s not a good sign.

#11055 10 months ago

Not really sure how the bond lady “perk” for lighting a movie insert is gonna help anyone. If people are completing modes 1 out 10 times then I imagine it’s 1 out of 100 for lighting movie inserts.

How about finishing 1 of the 4 modes for a movie lights that insert? Finish a mode for each movie and on to the HMSS wizard mode. Agree that simply playing 24 modes to get to the HMSS is gonna be grind central.

#11056 10 months ago

I think the movie inserts are a ridiculous use of real estate. They take up so much room but I have yet to light a movie insert.

#11057 10 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think the movie inserts are a ridiculous use of real estate. They take up so much room but I have yet to light a movie insert.

This will hopefully change by the time the code is fully developed, but right now, given my limited gameplay skills, this playfield real estate would be better utilized for tracking gadget modes.

#11058 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Yes, it’s beyond asinine.

Not sure what I think is appropriate but for example had an epic game where I started 5Q modes and 3+ of henchmen, villains, weapons and only got bond James Bond mode. That’s starts with the two multis and one of everything. Should be something else in the middle.

#11059 10 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Agreed. Clearly they have some work to do to rebalance the chopping wood aspect. It’s seriously the biggest complaint of this game that everyone has.

#11060 10 months ago
Quoted from tlantos:

US customers are very lucky. NIB PRO is available for 7k USD. Used even for 6k USD.
In Europe, they are between 10500-11000 USD (Premium between 13000-14000 USD, LE 19000-20000 USD).
I have not even found any used here.
I would be happy to buy slightly used from the US, but nobody can pack them like the factory. (shipping is not so expensive, rather the counry dependent 15-27% VAT is a pain in the ass)

I have shipped overseas (France to be precise) and I ship with all original Stern packing in an original Stern box. Just find someone that will do that. Sorry, my game is not for sale.

#11061 10 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If it is staying up when power is off, it is mechanical somewhere. Cracked bushing maybe? Flipper bat too tight to the bushing? You might have to pull the whole thing apart and inspect every piece.

I reverted back to the old rule of thumb and slightly widened the flipper gap to the bushing and that fixed the intermittent hang-ups with the right flipper. Normally I have heard that folks gap the flipper from the bushing about the width of a credit card.

Anyway, after widening the gap between the flipper and bushing I have played another 20 games and not one flipper hang-up. Prior to widening the gap it would hang up a few times every game.

Thanks for the help.

Gord

#11062 10 months ago

Finally it worked. .96 reporting for duty.

I tried all day yesterday (7hours) and all morning today and it finally updated without crashing.

Everytime I came in front of the machine it was crashing and left me at 21% download.

Like if everytime it was about to go to verifying from one step to another it would hang up at the other end.

1/4 2/4 3/4….crash…back to 1/4 2/4 ….crash.

Anyway all good now. I have insider connected and my wifi signal is perfect.

#11063 10 months ago

Now that we have four mini-wizard modes, I need to learn to not be so picky because in the handful of times that I did qualify a mini-wizard, there have been a few times where I got picky trying to get to a specific wiz mode, like getting GoldFinger over Chaos and then drained in the process after trying to hit the GF target to get to my preferred mode. I want to see the new Disco mode, but I'm inclined to just take what I can get once I qualify!

#11064 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I realize the issue has been raised several times already in this thread. Several suggested solutions for improving the game experience have been offered. A lot of good ideas in these pages. Pertaining to qualifying these wizard modes, the following is what makes most sense to me:
1) Upon activating a V/H/Q mode, offer the player a menu choice. Option A allows them to play their next modes specific to a movie. This means that if the player just activated Rosa Klebb, for example, that Red Grant, Attache Case and the poison shoe Spectre Weapon are all pre-selected. Option B is that the mode just gets played without selecting its movie.
2) Using this approach, the player can qualify for Ahoy Mr. Bond if and when they finish the four modes specific to FRWL. The same goes for the other mini wizards. Which brings me to issue 3
3) The design team has backed this game into a corner if there are only four mini-wizards and they only get activated by completing all six modes in a mode group. This means you can't do point 2 because there would be two movies (YOLT and DAF) that don't have mini wizards associated with them. The solution would potentially be adding two more miniwizards and restructuring the whole game per item one. But they're not going to do that.

What I am afraid is likely to be true about this machine after code 1.0: it's basically what it is now. The movie inserts are, as eloquently observed above "WASTED REAL ESTATE" that give the player the illusion that the game navigation has something to do with the fuckin' Bond movies - but it doesn't. It's just a bunch of shit that happens and players will bounce around from movie clip to movie clip without any coherent game experience. And the mode a player activates the most - the Q modes - have no status inserts at all. It is clear that there was a vision behind how this game would be experienced when the playfield was designed. But that game experience changed and a simpler and less integrated game experience took its place.

Prove me wrong, Mr. Gomez. Prove me wrong. This is my favorite game of all time. I love it, warts and all. But you guys have created a game experience that is just a bunch of parts without an integrated whole. I hope that changes. It'll still be a great game. It would just be a lot better if the player experience became more central to game design.

#11065 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:I realize the issue has been raised several times already in this thread. Several suggested solutions for improving the game experience have been offered. A lot of good ideas in these pages. Pertaining to qualifying these wizard modes, the following is what makes most sense to me:
1) Upon activating a V/H/Q mode, offer the player a menu choice. Option A allows them to play their next modes specific to a movie. This means that if the player just activated Rosa Klebb, for example, that Red Grant, Attache Case and the poison shoe Spectre Weapon are all pre-selected. Option B is that the mode just gets played without selecting its movie.
2) Using this approach, the player can qualify for Ahoy Mr. Bond if and when they finish the four modes specific to FRWL. The same goes for the other mini wizards. Which brings me to issue 3
3) The design team has backed this game into a corner if there are only four mini-wizards and they only get activated by completing all six modes in a mode group. This means you can't do point 2 because there would be two movies (YOLT and DAF) that don't have mini wizards associated with them. The solution would potentially be adding two more miniwizards and restructuring the whole game per item one. But they're not going to do that.
What I am afraid is likely to be true about this machine after code 1.0: it's basically what it is now. The movie inserts are, as eloquently observed above "WASTED REAL ESTATE" that give the player the illusion that the game navigation has something to do with the fuckin' Bond movies - but it doesn't. It's just a bunch of shit that happens and players will bounce around from movie clip to movie clip without any coherent game experience. And the mode a player activates the most - the Q modes - have no status inserts at all. It is clear that there was a vision behind how this game would be experienced when the playfield was designed. But that game experience changed and a simpler and less integrated game experience took its place.
Prove me wrong, Mr. Gomez. Prove me wrong. This is my favorite game of all time. I love it, warts and all. But you guys have created a game experience that is just a bunch of parts without an integrated whole. I hope that changes. It'll still be a great game. It would just be a lot better if the player experience became more central to game design.

I wouldn’t hold my breath, I think what you see is what we are going to get. With only 4 updates left, I can’t imagine they would switch gears dramatically like they should in all honesty.

#11066 10 months ago

Think it could be good if they adopted a system kind of like Godzilla where as you play through features and modes, you get upgrades to your power/random items. Essentially as you play through stuff, that they could perhaps upgrade high stakes random to include some advances to speed up the game, or even if you do good enough, allow players to unlock these random mini wizard modes.

Cause getting to any of them is a pain already, and there is so many, so perhaps give us some alternate paths to be able to potentially access these things.

#11067 10 months ago

A few of you guys have forgotten the whole point of getting to a wizard mode is its not suppose to be easy.

#11068 10 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

A few of you guys have forgotten the whole point of getting to a wizard mode is its not suppose to be easy.

These are mini wizards and they are quite the work to get to. And they keep adding more and more all with the exact same requirements. Piling on modes few people will see is whatever, at least give players alternate routes instead of the same thing over and over.

No on is asking for free wizards, but at least alternates and variation would be nice.

#11069 10 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I don’t think that’s the issue, it’s the jumbled use of the movie assets. It should have been more streamlined and straightforward, the way they have it now is not the best presentation. I’ve played over 2500 times on my home machine and I’ve lit a movie light 3 times total.

#11070 10 months ago

Just curious...

....how many of the people on this thread stand over their spouse's shoulder while they're cooking and say, "You really should do it this way!"

#11071 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious...
....how many of the people on this thread stand over their spouse's shoulder while they're cooking and say, "You really should do it this way!"

Just curious, how many pin developers don’t seek a response from the community and just plow ahead ignoring any red flags and low sales/plays on location?

I’m guessing none because they would be foolish not to seek that valuable response.

Gomez and team actually have been responsive on feedback from the community to an extent. I suggested perks to Gomez and it sounds like they are actually going to do it.

Do I think they are going to change anything regarding the overall frame work of the game at this juncture in time? No. But I don’t think community feedback is a wasted venture.

#11072 10 months ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Received a tech alert for the tank hood switch. Upon testing it, the switch is not recognizing when I press down on it.
Going to trouble shoot the issue but any suggestions or others who have had the same issue?

Anyone have any input or thoughts on the above?

#11073 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

These are mini wizards and they are quite the work to get to. And they keep adding more and more all with the exact same requirements. Piling on modes few people will see is whatever, at least give players alternate routes instead of the same thing over and over.
No on is asking for free wizards, but at least alternates and variation would be nice.

Bingo..well said and this was my thinking.

We need different paths because at the moment no matter what route you take it’s basically the same straight six of something to get anywhere. Forget about it if you try to actually complete the modes.

Nobody is getting HMSS with glass on the game

#11074 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious...

Odd point, you pay your wife 10,000 to cook dinner? As the end user of a purchased product that is still in development there is nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism.

#11075 10 months ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:Anyone have any input or thoughts on the above?

It’s a standard leaf switch isn’t it? If you modded the tank maybe something is out of adjustment?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11076 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious...

This is a product, we are the consumers. Us giving feedback is how things work.

And yea in a good relationship, couples communicate too and are willing to listen to each other also when someone suggest something.

#11077 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Gomez and team actually have been responsive on feedback from the community to an extent.

Yeah I don’t think anyone is knocking the game. It’s great and has an awful lot in it. Just a bit of a head scratcher that at the moment with all these mini wizards it’s kind of the same process to accomplish.

#11078 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nobody is getting HMSS with glass on the game

Might be good if they make HMSS available as a challenge mode when they implement it.

#11079 10 months ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Received a tech alert for the tank hood switch. Upon testing it, the switch is not recognizing when I press down on it.

Going to trouble shoot the issue but any suggestions or others who have had the same issue?

I haven't had the issue, because I have a Pro, but it looks to be a simple leaf switch. So my guess is either the switch needs to be adjusted as it gapped too open, something is obstructing the switch from being pressed enough to make contact (alignment/debris?) or a wire has come off the switch.

#11080 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I don’t think anyone is knocking the game. It’s great and has an awful lot in it. Just a bit of a head scratcher that at the moment with all these mini wizards it’s kind of the same process to accomplish.

But at least the good in what they've done is they've made it so you can get to a mini wizard mode the same way you have before, but you don't have to play the same mini wizard mode when you get there. You can mix it up by hitting the Goldfinger target when you get there and play a different one.

#11081 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Might be good if they make HMSS available as a challenge mode when they implement it.

That would be cool if the mode is good. Just hard to see someone playing 6 villains, 6 henchmen, 6 gadgets, 6 weapons and whatever the hell else needed to qualify.

#11082 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be cool if the mode is good. Just hard to see someone playing 6 villains, 6 henchmen, 6 gadgets, 6 weapons and whatever the hell else needed to qualify.

Yep, I agree. I think with the current design of the modes it'll be one of the hardest games out there to play through everything in a single game. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing though with the way they've done it.

Even with Bond being tough to play through everything in a single game, if they put HMSS in as a challenge mode it will still be reasonably possible for people to see and play all the modes in the game. It won't happen in a single game, but at least there won't be modes that most people can't/won't ever see.

I think that would be a pretty good balance to satisfy people wanting to be able to experience all the modes while still having a great challenge for people who have a goal of getting through everything in a single game.

#11083 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I am okay with not being able to ever get to the final wizard mode without some sort of challenge mode, that is pretty much all games to me.

Right now though I can't even see myself playing 6 villains to get to a mini-wizard. Not because I think it will be too hard (although it probably will be for me), but because I would have to focus my entire game on doing nothing but starting and then trying not to drain out of villain modes to even have a hope, and the thought of that bores me enough that I don't even want to try.

I don't know what is keeping them on this "do all 6 of one type" path to mini-wiz mode qualification. Designer knows better mentality? Licensor restrictions? Sticking to the path to just get the code complete and move on? Don't know but the approach is just so "blah" to me I have barely turned the game on in the last couple of months.

Customer isn't always right, backseat designers are a dime a dozen, Stern doesn't have to listen to anything we say, but feels like a waste to have so much content blocked for the average to above average player.

#11084 10 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I haven't had the issue, because I have a Pro, but it looks to be a simple leaf switch. So my guess is either the switch needs to be adjusted as it gapped too open, something is obstructing the switch from being pressed enough to make contact (alignment/debris?) or a wire has come off the switch.

Cool thank you. Much appreciated

#11085 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious...

No I cook.

But I do stand over her shoulder whilst she plays Bond and tell her “for this mode you need to hit the green targets” or during multiball “you need to hit jet pack again to get the super”, she really loves all the help I provide…….

#11086 10 months ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Sometimes it’s not the switch. Here’s where I had an unresponsive micro switch in Godzilla. Bought a new switch. Wasn’t the switch at all. Components to check:

Switch
Node boards
Every connection along the way between them.

Check out my investigations. You can rule out each possibility following some of the steps I carried out. In my case it was a connection.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/443#post-7616687

#11087 10 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I am okay with not being able to ever get to the final wizard mode without some sort of challenge mode, that is pretty much all games to me.
Right now though I can't even see myself playing 6 villains to get to a mini-wizard. Not because I think it will be too hard (although it probably will be for me), but because I would have to focus my entire game on doing nothing but starting and then trying not to drain out of villain modes to even have a hope, and the thought of that bores me enough that I don't even want to try.
I don't know what is keeping them on this "do all 6 of one type" path to mini-wiz mode qualification. Designer knows better mentality? Licensor restrictions? Sticking to the path to just get the code complete and move on? Don't know but the approach is just so "blah" to me I have barely turned the game on in the last couple of months.
Customer isn't always right, backseat designers are a dime a dozen, Stern doesn't have to listen to anything we say, but feels like a waste to have so much content blocked for the average to above average player.

As soon as you start trying to do all the villain modes, your enjoyment will slide down. I learnt this trying to get to wizard modes in pirates. It sucks. You start restarting games because you’re not doing things in the right order etc.

My experience is, a good game will already get you 4+ villains in one game. It happens rarely, but would be boring without the challenge. The game gives quite a few mb and extra balls that help as well. So don’t concentrate on one thing, it just builds frustration. Then when playing a great game you find you’ve nearly collected the wizard and you’re at 5 villains and you only need one more, do as I do - choke and drain your last ball.

Anyway it’s all fun, just saying don’t get bogged under by objectives. It’ll happen.

#11088 10 months ago

TBL has things like light 2 bowling balls or light 2 rug modes for mystery awards. I think this would be cool for bond as it would fast track you to at least one of the 4 modes - which we should prob stop calling wizard modes because mini wizard modes are not wizard modes.

#11089 10 months ago

Mine finally updated.

Don’t really care but….

I’m hoping POMC creates an alternate video code drop for this great game.

Yeah it’s one of the best ever I feel but it needs to be properly finished off with the Bond girls

Either way, my last Stern NIB and I’m thrilled with this game despite the BS

#11090 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:Mine finally updated.
Don’t really care but….
I’m hoping POMC creates an alternate video code drop for this great game.
Yeah it’s one of the best ever I feel but it needs to be properly finished off with the Bond girls
Either way, my last Stern NIB and I’m thrilled with this game despite the BS

I’ve got to ask, what is your obsession with the Bond Girls? It’s a minor irritant at most that there aren’t vids, but holy moly man, that’s all you talk about.

You can watch any of the Bond movies and see the ladies anytime you want, hell porn is free now if that’s what your hang up is.

#11091 10 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My experience is, a good game will already get you 4+ villains in one game. It happens rarely, but would be boring without the challenge. The game gives quite a few mb and extra balls that help as well. So don’t concentrate on one thing, it just builds frustration. Then when playing a great game you find you’ve nearly collected the wizard and you’re at 5 villains and you only need one more, do as I do - choke and drain your last ball.

Anyway it’s all fun, just saying don’t get bogged under by objectives. It’ll happen.

That's not how I like to approach a game. I like to walk up to it with an achievable (for me) objective. The game just might not be for me, which is fine.

#11092 10 months ago

Three tries tonight (one where it was verifying 4 files to 45% then failed) then I switched to USB and looks like we're on the path to success...

20230913_212225 (resized).jpg20230913_212225 (resized).jpg
#11093 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe when you complete a movie insert, (if the mode doesn't already end with ball held) it will start flashing, then the next time the ball is held it will play a Bond girl clip from that movie. Most Bond movies end with him getting the girl, so would fit thematically.

#11094 10 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

As soon as you start trying to do all the villain modes, your enjoyment will slide down. I learnt this trying to get to wizard modes in pirates. It sucks. You start restarting games because you’re not doing things in the right order etc.

This is so true. If I walk up to the Bond and just play. In other words, I allow the flow of the game to go where it takes me. Then I really have fun. A typical game like that is that I'll get a little bit of everything: 2-3 Q gadgets, 2-3 Villains, 2-3 Henchmen, 2-3 SWs, one or two Jet Pack MBs, one Bird One, about 70% of the time I'll get to the BJB mini wizard.

But...

With the last three code updates I've been stepping up to the machine with the specific objective of getting to these newly added wizard modes. So I'm trying to get 6 of one mode group to qualify. And that means any modes that get activated that ARE NOT a part of the six I'm en route to activate make me frustrated. They take away from the fun of the game instead of add to it. I've tried getting six of all four mode groups. The two most likely to get me to the miniwizards are Villains and Q gadgets. So, in the last three months I've barely seen any Henchmen and avoid activating the SWs, too. And the Q gadgets are often death. Just ball drains before completion. So that leaves me prioritizing Villains nearly every game.

And that's just not as much fun as playing the game and letting it flow naturally. This game has a lot of great flow. It would be nice to see more wizard modes than just BJB when we embrace it as such.

#11095 10 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Maybe when you complete a movie insert, (if the mode doesn't already end with ball held) it will start flashing, then the next time the ball is held it will play a Bond girl clip from that movie. Most Bond movies end with him getting the girl, so would fit thematically.

Exactly.

Finish it off right.

#11096 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious...

Well, everything does go better with bacon. . .so, shouting "bacon" repeatedly at either shoulder of spouse seems perfectly sensible to me.

#11097 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Old man yelling at sky

/me not old

#11098 10 months ago

Woo hoo topper obtained! It's actually quite nice - the light show it gives is pretty damn great.

20230914_170429 (resized).jpg20230914_170429 (resized).jpg
#11099 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Woo hoo topper obtained! It's actually quite nice - the light show it gives is pretty damn great.

Total cost + shipping??

#11100 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Total cost + shipping??

$1650 cost but I went and picked.it up from AMD as they are pretty close by.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 200.00
Pinball Machine
PINBALLPICKERS

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
PinShades

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 79.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 335.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.