IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg
20FB72F1-8B81-46FF-8859-09FD68BE1593 (resized).jpeg
A7FBB9E0-2D84-42EB-95F3-248219C891EE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,052 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 302.
#1001 1 year ago

Game trailer and game features video for the 60th version are out.

Also on the stern page is a screenshot for the playfield.

#1002 1 year ago

Guess no setting game to 5 balls is possible.

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Game trailer and game features video for the 60th version are out.

Surprised it took an hour for the first post.

#1004 1 year ago

What shooter lane protectors are you using on a Pro? Looking to get one...

#1005 1 year ago

Jame bond 60th : a "Wish" Pinball barely better than a "homemade" from the 2000s. Rough photoshop for the playfield... that's a shame for $20,000.

#1006 1 year ago

#1007 1 year ago

I can only imagine the price of the 60th edition

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I can only imagine the price of the 60th edition

You don't have to imagine, its $19,999

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

At least its under 20k lol.

#1010 1 year ago

Just got shipping notification on my Premium. I know the code is early but I'm really looking forward to having this one. First modern Gomez game for me.

#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No sideblades for $20k?

#1012 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

No sideblades for $20k?

GG said the something like there was already so much going on with the artwork that the side art seemed like too much (completely paraphrasing)

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

GG said the something like there was already so much going on with the artwork that the side art seemed like too much (completely paraphrasing)

lol

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

No sideblades for $20k?

Still waiting on the official non LE art blades. What gives? Licensing? LOL.

#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Seeing premiums in the wild and my LE hasn’t even shipped yet.

There were a few waves of shipments out of Stern and it seems some of them got delayed a little due to the storms.

Mine arrives Thursday which will be nice.

--Chris

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

There were a few waves of shipments out of Stern and it seems some of them got delayed a little due to the storms.
Mine arrives Thursday which will be nice.
--Chris

I just got the call from my distro earlier today as well and they STILL haven't received their LE's because of the storm delays. They said they should be arriving tomorrow, but we'll see. Either way, that means most people won't be seeing their machines until sometime next week.

#1017 1 year ago

Hi all, joined the club yesterday; first Stern NIB and only second ever Stern I've owned. Haven't been able to play yet as I get a "can't locate Node boards 1, 8 & 9" message on startup. Not real familiar with the spike system, but thinking it should be similar to my BM66, which has been rock solid. Dutifully checked all connections to no avail and hoping for some simple overlooked fix. I've got a call into my distro, but thought I would ask here in case any Stern gurus have advice. Thanks in advance; game is beautiful!

#1018 1 year ago

I got the storm delay message as well. Distro should receive today or tomorrow and then it will be on its way to me.

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I got the storm delay message as well. Distro should receive today or tomorrow and then it will be on its way to me.

I feel like I’ve had sterns shipped directly to me in the past, maybe I’m misremembering. I don’t understand why they ship to distributors first when already sold.

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I feel like I’ve had sterns shipped directly to me in the past, maybe I’m misremembering. I don’t understand why they ship to distributors first when already sold.

Stern doesn't want the hassle of shipping directly unless bought directly. I have bought a lot of new Sterns and all went to distro first. I could be wrong but they may do it for a fee.....

#1021 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Stern doesn't want the hassle of shipping directly unless bought directly. I have bought a lot of new Sterns and all went to distro first. I could be wrong but they may do it for a fee.....

Two of my three Stern's came directly from Stern. Both bought through a distro. The third came from the distro that had previously shipped direct from Stern. Who knows! Let's see what happens this go around.

#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Two of my three Stern's came directly from Stern. Both bought through a distro. The third came from the distro that had previously shipped direct from Stern. Who knows! Let's see what happens this go around.

Its so dumb. Its such a waste of energy to ship twice. I hate that they do it this way.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Hi all, joined the club yesterday; first Stern NIB and only second ever Stern I've owned. Haven't been able to play yet as I get a "can't locate Node boards 1, 8 & 9" message on startup. Not real familiar with the spike system, but thinking it should be similar to my BM66, which has been rock solid. Dutifully checked all connections to no avail and hoping for some simple overlooked fix. I've got a call into my distro, but thought I would ask here in case any Stern gurus have advice. Thanks in advance; game is beautiful!

Check your interlock switch and wiring at the coin door.

#1024 1 year ago

Still haven’t heard about my LE shipping so I emailed my distro. They are receiving it on Thursday and then sending it to me.

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Im getting brick shots off my drop targets, did someone say there was an easy fix/adjustment for this? thanks, sorry if this is a repeat question.

I unhooked the part of the sping on the bottom and then stretched the springs out. Seems to have fixed it for my game. I can hit em really hard and they drop easy.

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check your interlock switch

Winner, winner! Thank you, wasn’t being fully actuated by the coin door. I’ve been conditioned to fear the phrase “node board” by most Stern threads on Pinside.

#1027 1 year ago

Jet pack fails motor test and also fails re-calibration. Do not understand thee three boxes 80, 81, 82 in test mode. My issue is jet pack goes all the way to the rocket holding the ball. I do not see adjustment on wheel with squares punched on it. Not to much in manual in the way of adjustment other than ball height, thats ok.....
I do not think you loosen the screw on the arm. Just starting to look into it. Anybody else have this issue??

#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

No sideblades for $20k?

Retro game…

#1029 1 year ago

I noticed my left orbit shot was getting hung up- very frustrating- such an amazing event when you hit it. Pinball buddy noticed that the plastic stick-on blade/ramp protector had a bubble on it as well as a screw bulge. The only fix was to take out the playfield. Ugh.

So we soldiered on and went to business setting the playfield on my Harbor Freight lift to get access to the back of the back panel. There are 4 screws in the back and three underneath. After separating the back panel we were able to straighten out the bulge, but also noticed a smaller bulge from another bracket screw that needed tightening. We finally smoothed out the entire plastic blade and put all back together.

The results? A beautiful butter smooth left orbit! Love it!

The game is really a lot of fun to shoot. Yes, the code is frustrating- multipliers, stacking, (unlit) mode shots, etc as well as too much Bond theme music are still issues. Fortunately, Stern takes care of code issues- I’ll just have to be patient…

I think this will be a big hit and have no purchase regrets. This GG game is great and I am very happy with it. For those getting a 60th anniversary- congrats and enjoy as well.

7C55A07C-E818-4EBB-A5E3-953727B318CF (resized).jpeg7C55A07C-E818-4EBB-A5E3-953727B318CF (resized).jpeg07F39D9D-8712-4D76-B2A2-C8E6DFEE5836 (resized).jpeg07F39D9D-8712-4D76-B2A2-C8E6DFEE5836 (resized).jpegE821DC94-3E94-4201-94A3-D919C96ACDFC (resized).jpegE821DC94-3E94-4201-94A3-D919C96ACDFC (resized).jpegCC3DD5D9-DBFF-48CB-A0FB-3280791997F7 (resized).jpegCC3DD5D9-DBFF-48CB-A0FB-3280791997F7 (resized).jpegEA492420-7C77-4DBF-B29F-E46A559FC7E5 (resized).jpegEA492420-7C77-4DBF-B29F-E46A559FC7E5 (resized).jpeg4AE67F71-F218-4FDF-AC2A-EAA40D869A9F (resized).jpeg4AE67F71-F218-4FDF-AC2A-EAA40D869A9F (resized).jpeg
#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from heylou:

Jet pack fails motor test and also fails re-calibration. Do not understand thee three boxes 80, 81, 82 in test mode. My issue is jet pack goes all the way to the rocket holding the ball. I do not see adjustment on wheel with squares punched on it. Not to much in manual in the way of adjustment other than ball height, thats ok.....
I do not think you loosen the screw on the arm. Just starting to look into it. Anybody else have this issue??

I have the same issue. Just unboxed my game. I'm on .7 - going to upgrade to .8 and see if that changes anything.

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Same thing on the one I just set up - node board 1, 8, and 9 not found. The CAT5 on the cabinet node board wasn't plugged in all the way.

#1032 1 year ago

My distributor just let me know my LE was received today he’s shipping it out to me tomorrow. Joining the club in a few days.

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I have the same issue. Just unboxed my game. I'm on .7 - going to upgrade to .8 and see if that changes anything.

updating the code didn’t do anything.

Maybe the test itself is busted? I haven’t been able to play a game yet.

#1034 1 year ago

Does anyone have a handle yet on when the second batch of Premiums is supposed to start shipping? First I was told February, and then April, and then...............

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

With all the talk about orange t-molding, I'm running a set of orange buttons right now just to see how that looks too.

After getting an order for an orange start button, I remembered that I'd never posted the picture when I was experimenting with different colors earlier in the thread. Here's a a fluorescent orange with a warm white bulb, makes a pretty good match for the orange t-molding/speaker rings in the LE.

20230103_230816 (resized).jpg20230103_230816 (resized).jpg
#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

After getting an order for an orange start button, I remembered that I'd never posted the picture when I was experimenting with different colors earlier in the thread. Here's a a fluorescent orange with a warm white bulb, makes a pretty good match for the orange t-molding/speaker rings in the LE.[quoted image]

That's sharp; I wasn't sold on the specter button but I think I may actually prefer it to the gun barrel. Both look good in orange on the LE though. Clear with an orange bulb, tried a bulb options. Comet fire bulb was actually pretty cool, but I still like orange best on the LE.

I'd be interested to see the specter version with "start" in orange. Was thinking about that next time I'm ordering.

PXL_20221229_035836260 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_035836260 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_035839700.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_035839700.MP (resized).jpg
#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Does anyone have a handle yet on when the second batch of Premiums is supposed to start shipping? First I was told February, and then April, and then...............

Was told by my distributor that mine should arrive there on Thursday for pick up.

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from heylou:

I think this is a bug in the test only. My jetpack works fine during gameplay

#1039 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

That's sharp; I wasn't sold on the specter button but I think I may actually prefer it to the gun barrel. Both look good in orange on the LE though. Clear with an orange bulb, tried a bulb options. Comet fire bulb was actually pretty cool, but I still like orange best on the LE.
I'd be interested to see the specter version with "start" in orange. Was thinking about that next time I'm ordering.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Yeah, the SPECTRE design(s) were my personal preference, but several people had asked about the gun barrel design also -- so I'm happy to accommodate. I don't think I printed an orange set with START yet (I'll check), and if I haven't, I'll run a set tomorrow and will report back. If you like it better, you can exchange the one you have.

Also, on your coin buttons -- if you have some warm white frosted bulbs, put those behind your orange coin buttons instead of the cheap bulbs they included in there. Reference my updated installation video below -- it shows the difference a better bulb makes.

#1040 1 year ago
Quoted from heylou:

My jetpack magnet doesn't work at all and won't grab the ball during multiball. The tests in the menu seem useless. I have support ticket in but haven't heard back yet.
Still not sure it is related but my jetpack magnet worked out of box prior to the .8 update, it was either right away or soon after it stopped working.

#1041 1 year ago

Just got the call that Premium is ready to pickup from freight dock today. Gotta get through some work.

#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from ukengineer:

Just got the call that Premium is ready to pickup from freight dock today. Gotta get through some work.

Priority is always pinball....or do I have this wrong?

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks! Yeah, the SPECTRE design(s) were my personal preference, but several people had asked about the gun barrel design also -- so I'm happy to accommodate. I don't think I printed an orange set with START yet (I'll check), and if I haven't, I'll run a set tomorrow and will report back. If you like it better, you can exchange the one you have.
Also, on your coin buttons -- if you have some warm white frosted bulbs, put those behind your orange coin buttons instead of the cheap bulbs they included in there. Reference my updated installation video below -- it shows the difference a better bulb makes.

I actually have pink bulbs behind there. Works well with orange (comet's rec, not mine, but they're right), though less ideal with the yellow surrounds...Orange bulbs might be best, but I didn't have any on hand. I keep meaning to try and find coin reject surrounds and slot inserts to color match stuff too, because I'm anal like that...You should probably at least try printing and offering color matched coin slots for OCD people like me, lol.

Also, if you really want to make the colored coin rejects pop, comet flex bulbs are ideal, because you can get the led positioned for max light. If I were you, I'd order a bunch in various colors and offer them as an add-on for a small markup.

#1044 1 year ago

Premium landed today! Letting it warm up a bit before I plug it in. ‘‘Twas a bit cold this morning

C51B5775-2649-46DE-B029-4DAD3AC253C9 (resized).jpegC51B5775-2649-46DE-B029-4DAD3AC253C9 (resized).jpeg
#1045 1 year ago

My PRe is also being delivered Fedex this afternoon!! Good luck to us all!

#1046 1 year ago

Just got to play a pro on location. First one I’ve seen here in Phx area. Not too shabby of a game for a pro. I was actually surprised. The shots are pretty fun

B75B9E02-78E3-4776-A852-3DDD7BEE1AA8.jpegB75B9E02-78E3-4776-A852-3DDD7BEE1AA8.jpeg
#1047 1 year ago

Not tryna be negative in an owners thread, but pretty bummed lately after the code update with all the modes getting killed when starting a multiball. I'm sure we all hope that gets fixed.

Question: When I played at expo I started plenty of weapon modes.(at least two different ones but a number of times) I havent started a single one since I've owned the game. Did that get pulled before shipping or am I missing some sort of sequence to start those?

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Not tryna be negative in an owners thread, but pretty bummed lately after the code update with all the modes getting killed when starting a multiball. I'm sure we all hope that gets fixed.
Question: When I played at expo I started plenty of weapon modes.(at least two different ones but a number of times) I havent started a single one since I've owned the game. Did that get pulled before shipping or am I missing some sort of sequence to start those?

You have to hit all the individual specter targets behind the rocket, which is surprisingly difficult to do. Starts a hurry-up specter weapon currently. I feel like when I was playing at Pincinatti I triggered that a few times, and I rarely do it on mine unless I specifically try to...might have worked a little different in 0.7 code? Or maybe it's just a little easier to trigger on the pro for some reason, though seems like it'd be the same regardless.

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I believe you spell out the SPECTRE targets, hit the goldfinger standup, and it starts a hurry up weapon mode. Which is all kind of a waste of time anyway since all the points are in multiballs and pop bumpers.

Facts are facts...the code is a hot steaming mess right now, so worrying about the small details is kind of pointless. We are just gonna have to wait for all this stuff to clean itself up.

#1050 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

You have to hit all the individual specter targets behind the rocket, which is surprisingly difficult to do. Starts a hurry-up specter weapon currently. I feel like when I was playing at Pincinatti I triggered that a few times, and I rarely do it on mine unless I specifically try to...might have worked a little different in 0.7 code? Or maybe it's just a little easier to trigger on the pro for some reason, though seems like it'd be the same regardless.

On a related note, I have put in about 100 games now, and have hardly ever finished a mode. I'm guessing the "hit all the shots" ones are placeholders, but the other ones can be kind of rough, even now that I'm getting the shots down, since I still haven't found great ways to setup some of the shots and it makes those timers rough. And inevitably if I'm looking good to complete one, I start a damn multiball and cancel it out - they really need to hurry up and at least code in "no multiball while mode is running" until they work out stacking.

The speed of that roaming shot on Dent feels way too quick to me, but maybe I just suck and need to git good, as they say

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,052 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.