IMG_0844 (resized).JPEG
fork (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7647568_3455104 (resized).jpg
IMG_3044 (resized).png
IMG_3043 (resized).png
IMG_7796 (resized).jpeg
GyroCopter Decal SELL 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 295.
#9451 7 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Yeah...I've been flirting with routing a few games locally, and if I did I'd probably pick up a pro. Was thinking to myself it's almost certainly do better with a topper. 1k better, probably not. Thing that always gets me about games in public, no one else can really see the screen or even the translite much when folks are playing. A solid topper would likely up the "what is that guy doing over there" draw in a bar.
But not 1-2k plays, lol

The only counter to that... the topper has a resale value. I mean there is always a risk, but there is a fair chance it will always be worth nearly as much as you paid for it.

One thing I can say... from an "attract" standpoint... it might be second to none. It really has that Vegas/Monaco slot machine vibe.

#9452 7 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these to achieve the same effect [quoted image]

This was the first change I made. It checks the most important boxes for a mod for me, it looks like it should have been there originally and the price is certainly reasonable. The Dr. No translite while true to the movie, is really awful for a Bond pin covering all Connery Bond films. The Pro side art on the right side did it better and at least the Prem. and LE translites have something going on in them.

As for the topper, I passed up on a couple of opportunities to get one. The Bond topper was a disappointment for me and the price was even worse.

#9453 7 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This was the first change I made. It checks the most important boxes for a mod for me, it looks like it should have been there originally and the price is certainly reasonable. The Dr. No translite while true to the movie, is really awful for a Bond pin covering all Connery Bond films. The Pro side art on the right side did it better and at least the Prem. and LE translites have something going on in them.
As for the topper, I passed up on a couple of opportunities to get one. The Bond topper was a disappointment for me and the price was even worse.

Regarding the alternate translights, I've noticed 2 different people selling them. Do I remember reading something about one being the high resolution original and the other being a knock off? Or am I thinking of something else? Obviously I'd want the better one, and to support the creator.

#9454 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

The only counter to that... the topper has a resale value. I mean there is always a risk, but there is a fair chance it will always be worth nearly as much as you paid for it.
One thing I can say... from an "attract" standpoint... it might be second to none. It really has that Vegas/Monaco slot machine vibe.

Yeah. Outside of led zep, I can't think of one that hasn't held value (or gone up 2-3x). One thing about toppers, the guys who want them want them bad for all their stuff and will apparently pay whatever for them. As I mentioned earlier, I think I may actually wind up with an extra one. If so, it'll sit to trade for another hard to find one later...but in the meantime, I'd def throw it on a pro if I put one out. It's really a perfect vibe for the theme, and eye catching as hell in person. At least they got one thing right with the 60th art package, lol.

#9455 7 months ago

Regarding the alternate translights, I've noticed 2 different people selling them. Do I remember reading something about one being the high resolution original and the other being a knock off? Or am I thinking of something else? Obviously I'd want the better one, and to support the creator.

Yeah, I remember reading as well- someone knocked off the original creators art and is selling a lower resolution version.

#9456 7 months ago

Warning, another opinion for movie inserts and wizard modes(long). Currently movie inserts light when completing one: henchmen, Spectre, villain, Q branch mode for same movie(but nothing happens). Seems like it’s going to be just some kind of bonus points. As for wizard modes we have ahoy Mr. Bond, Chaos in Crabtree, and get one more(maybe today?). One of these is awarded for doing any six(of above). Selectable by Goldfinger target or pops I believe. Indicated by flashing Villain and started at that ramp. Sentiment seems to be completing all movie inserts will qualify final wizard mode(HMSS). Unlikely many will be able to ever do it(6x6 of henchman, Spectre, villain, Q branch) = very tall order.
Alternative: Make three more wizard modes pertaining to movies(we already have First two: Chaos = Dr No, Ahoy = FRWL. When all six “movie” wizard modes are coded: Light each one by doing “any six”(as code is now), or by doing “any four”(as code is now to lite movie inserts). This gives two ways to complete all six movie Wizard modes and gives inserts significance. Lit movie insert will indicate which “movie” wizard is available. Flashing to indicate available, solid to indicate completed. Should make it much more likely for someone to complete all six inserts and light Final wizard HMSS.

#9457 7 months ago

I got mine directly from pinballjah

bondpin (resized).JPGbondpin (resized).JPG
#9458 7 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I got mine directly from pinballjah[quoted image]

Does the image look nice and clean? Good color saturation? What's your thoughts on the quality?

#9459 7 months ago

I got mine from Pinstein and couldn’t be happier with the quality.

#9460 7 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I got mine from Pinstein and couldn’t be happier with the quality.

This is the original and same couldn’t be happier with Pinstein quality and design.

#9461 7 months ago

I have 2 from pinballjah - they look great

I have this one for sale if anyone doesn't mind the Roger Moore. $40 shipped.

20230722_113333 (2) (resized).jpg20230722_113333 (2) (resized).jpg
#9462 7 months ago

Does the image look nice and clean? Good color saturation? What's your thoughts on the quality?

It looks factory. No lines, great color saturation. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was an original Stern product.

#9463 7 months ago

I have Pinstein's and the quality is top notch. I think the knock off was being done by Wizardmods.

#9464 7 months ago

Here are some photos… it really is pretty eye catching

IMG_1190 (resized).jpegIMG_1190 (resized).jpegIMG_1191 (resized).jpegIMG_1191 (resized).jpegIMG_1192 (resized).jpegIMG_1192 (resized).jpegIMG_1193 (resized).jpegIMG_1193 (resized).jpegIMG_1194 (resized).jpegIMG_1194 (resized).jpegIMG_1195 (resized).jpegIMG_1195 (resized).jpeg
#9465 7 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

I’ve never liked the Bond image on these. It doesn’t even look like him at all.

#9466 7 months ago

Topper looks great!

#9467 7 months ago

Anyone buy the Stern art blades? How do they look?

#9468 7 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone buy the Stern art blades? How do they look?

I couldn't find them in stock anywhere and went with Wizard mods. They match the game theme and artwork very well.
I usually like what TiltGraphics has to offer, but they missed the mark big time on this one imo. Of course it's all personal taste.

#9469 7 months ago

I couldn't find them in stock anywhere and went with Wizard mods. They match the game theme and artwork very well.
I usually like what TiltGraphics has to offer, but they missed the mark big time on this one imo. Of course it's all personal taste.

Same, Wizard Mods art blades are great. Easy to install and look awesome.

The topper looks great as well. Love that it's clean and after some play time on a 60th, the light shows are really nice. Whether it's "worth" $1000 is a lot like the "is the LE worth $$$ more than a Prem?" conversation. At some level it's silly. Is a pinball machine "worth" $10,000? They resell for that all day long, so from an economics perspective, obviously they are. As compared to the BOM? Certainly not. Development costs are real but none of us really knows them and also businesses making profits are real. Topper to me is no different. Buy it and enjoy it if you love it. If you don't, don't.

#9470 7 months ago

Wizard mod blades are ok but seem to be a bit of a repeat of things already visible in game and even more if you have alternate translite.

Was just wondering what the sketches look like and what they are sketches of?

#9471 7 months ago

I couldn't find them in stock anywhere and went with Wizard mods.

Just curious if the Wizard mods art blades are thick or close to the Stern blades?

#9472 7 months ago

The official Stern art blades look very similar to the ones on the LE. I really like the ones on the LE- I think they are among the best ever done by Stern.

#9473 7 months ago

@wildbill327, I think the wizardmods blades are as thick or maybe a hair thicker than the stern art blades I have installed. I love how they match the theme of each section of the game. Debated on the stern branded ones but thought these just made the design much mo betta.

#9474 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

The official Stern art blades look very similar to the ones on the LE. I really like the ones on the LE- I think they are among the best ever done by Stern.

Yeah, this is one where I've heard a lot of folks hate on the art blades, but personally I think they're spot on perfect. It's not always about blending things perfectly for a "world under glass" - these call out the nostalgia and history that really strikes a chord with me. Connery Bond isn't pop culture at this point, it's a cultural artifact, and these just feel perfect to me. Glad they did a similar option for the non-LE owners. Likewise, the wizmods ones look great if you want the more common aesthetic approach, so there's something for everyone.

#9475 7 months ago
Quoted from kyinwa:

Wildbill327, I think the wizardmods blades are as thick or maybe a hair thicker than the stern art blades I have installed. I love how they match the theme of each section of the game. Debated on the stern branded ones but thought these just made the design much mo betta.

Thanks for the feedback man, I’ve been on the fence on ordering the wizardmods blades and this might push me over.

#9476 7 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Yeah, this is one where I've heard a lot of folks hate on the art blades, but personally I think they're spot on perfect. It's not always about blending things perfectly for a "world under glass" - these call out the nostalgia and history that really strikes a chord with me. Connery Bond isn't pop culture at this point, it's a cultural artifact, and these just feel perfect to me. Glad they did a similar option for the non-LE owners. Likewise, the wizmods ones look great if you want the more common aesthetic approach, so there's something for everyone.

I agree. What I like about the LE art blades, and the topper, are the nice clean lines. It has more of a classic look. I think the LE is one of Stern's best looking games.

#9477 7 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just curious if the Wizard mods art blades are thick or close to the Stern blades?

I haven't recieved mine yet, but it looks like someone else answered your question. I'm also glad to hear they're on par with Stern, thickness wise.

#9478 7 months ago

Bond art blades available at Marco now.

At $99, I decided it was "worth it."

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7160-00

#9479 7 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Thanks for the feedback man, I’ve been on the fence on ordering the wizardmods blades and this might push me over.

The did seem to be longer than the stern blades I have installed as well. I had to remove the black "L" shaped brackets behind the playfield to get them to lay flat & then put the brackets back on. Just about 1/4" longer but enough that I would have had to crease them if I didn't pull the brackets off.

#9480 7 months ago

I have an LE with their art blades but have thought many times about putting mirror blades on. Bond would really look great with mirrors

#9481 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I have an LE with their art blades but have thought many times about putting mirror blades on. Bond would really look great with mirrors

I put mirror blades in my Bond pro and they look amazing. Really opens up the playfield.

#9482 7 months ago

Check out one of my earlier posts in this thread where I posted pics of my mirror blades. I think they look fantastic on this title.

Edit: Found it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/170#post-7637747

#9483 7 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Check out one of my earlier posts in this thread where I posted pics of my mirror blades. I think they look fantastic on this title.

Quoted from CashMoney:

I put mirror blades in my Bond pro and they look amazing. Really opens up the playfield.

Did you have to take off the playfield? Or did you use the wet method?

#9484 7 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

Sold

Quoted from kyinwa:

Wildbill327, I think the wizardmods blades are as thick or maybe a hair thicker than the stern art blades I have installed. I love how they match the theme of each section of the game. Debated on the stern branded ones but thought these just made the design much mo betta.

I have the Wizardmods - they look fantastic

#9485 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Did you have to take off the playfield? Or did you use the wet method?

Mirror blades are metal, there is no wet method. That being said, I'd just remove the playfield. It's very easy on Spike games. But, since mirror blades are rigid, you can definitely install them with the playfied in, it's just more fiddly.

#9486 7 months ago

Mirror blades are metal, there is no wet method. That being said, I'd just remove the playfield. It's very easy on Spike games. But, since mirror blades are ridged, you can definitely install them with the playfied in, it's just more fiddly.

Gotcha, I’ve never installed them and I’m thinking about it. It sounds like it’s an easy install.

#9487 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Gotcha, I’ve never installed them and I’m thinking about it. It sounds like it’s an easy install.

Not bad at all

#9488 7 months ago

Are we getting a code update today???

#9489 7 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Are we getting a code update today???

It’s not looking good.

#9490 7 months ago

Retro Refurbs swiped Pinstein's translight design. I got mine from Pinstein, when you contact him he has 3 of them that are subtly different with different color lettering and lines. It's a bit different than the one from Pinballjah.

I personally like Pinstein's a little better as instead of multiple Bonds it shows all the villians. Some are concerned it's a bit "adultish" with the scantily clad women on it but I think it fits perfectly for me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9491 7 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Retro Refurbs swiped Pinstein's translight design. I got mine from Pinstein, when you contact him he has 3 of them that are subtly different with different color lettering and lines. It's a bit different than the one from Pinballjah.
I personally like Pinstein's a little better as instead of multiple Bonds it shows all the villians. Some are concerned it's a bit "adultish" with the scantily clad women on it but I think it fits perfectly for me.[quoted image]

How much are these translites? Any of the 3 without the scantilly clad women?

#9492 7 months ago

I personally like Pinstein's a little better as instead of multiple Bonds it shows all the villians. Some are concerned it's a bit "adultish" with the scantily clad women on it but I think it fits perfectly for me.[quoted image]

This is what I seem to remember. RetroRefurbs copying someones (apparently Pinsteins). I reached out to Pinstein and Pinbballjah both earlier today, had a look at both, and ultimately ordered the one from Pinstein. They both looked great, but I also liked the villains being portrayed. The scantily clad women didn't hurt anything either

#9493 7 months ago

I apologize if this has been asked but this is my first time playing my premium with the new code update and the pop bumpers are suddenly going insane and activating randomly throughout the game. Any idea why?

#9494 7 months ago

Isn't the pinballjah one essentially pinsteins designed swiped with other images anyway? Pinstein def put this basic design out first. Not quite as bad as straight ripping it off like retro, but long way from original to my mind.

Regardless, the composition in Pinstein's is much better. If I didn't have an LE I'd def get that one. The mirrored backglass on the LE is phenomenal though.

#9495 7 months ago

... I personally like Pinstein's a little better as instead of multiple Bonds it shows all the villians. Some are concerned it's a bit "adultish" with the scantily clad women on it but I think it fits perfectly for me.[quoted image]

Agreed re: Pinstein's alternate translite - looks great!

I prefer "adultish" in general with my games when available. Especially with James Bond.

#9496 7 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

I apologize if this has been asked but this is my first time playing my premium with the new code update and the pop bumpers are suddenly going insane and activating randomly throughout the game. Any idea why?

Sounds like your switches need to be adjusted on the pop bumpers.

As usual, it has nothing to do with the code update.

#9497 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sounds like your switches need to be adjusted on the pop bumpers.
As usual, it has nothing to do with the code update.

An interesting coincidence but thank you for your response (minus the “as usual”)

#9498 7 months ago

Bug in software: I had Bash the sub or whatever (Spectre weapon) and after hitting three shots the blue arrow lights went out. But as I kept hitting shots for that mode, I got more video and progress toward completion. But no blue arrows ever lit up again, even though I could see the progress on the display.

#9499 7 months ago

Guess it’s not Code Day after all…

#9500 7 months ago

Guess it’s not Code Day after all…

You jinxed it man. Groundhog went back in its hole because you spoke its name. I BLAME YOU. WHERE'S MY PITCHFORK!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
11,100 (OBO)
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 295.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/190?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.