IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 312.
#851 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Here’s the flipper adjustment.
You should notice a slight difference compared to your own flipper but it should make quite a difference.
[quoted image]

I can confirm that this works well. Shots are now flowing the way it should. Great job kklank

#852 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Okay I made an adjustment on my upper left flipper. The amount of bricked shots I was having was too abundant. So I adjusted the flipper by slightly moving it to the left and what a difference! I’m hitting the orbit and ramp shots much more often.
So if anybody’s machine is playing a little clunky shoot me a pm and I’ll send you a photo.
I also rebalanced my game perfectly (Side to side) and the ball comes out of the pops into the left in lane almost every time.
So this is in particular one of those games where setting it up right is critical.

Set-up is critical- I was off 0.1 degrees side to side and it caused the pops to drain into the left outlane.

#853 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Just spoke to my distributor (South Florida) and he was told that his JB LE's are to be delivered this week. So hopefully this time next week I'll have mine.

Just curious who is your distributor I’m in the area as well although I don’t have a bond on order currently waiting on a pro or premium next year…

Always looking to network! I am brand new to the hobby would appreciate it thank you

#854 1 year ago

Well, I knew it might happen at some time, but my James Bond LE arrived about an hour ago and the box had quite a bit of damage and the cabinet was also damaged. After inspecting the shipment I told the Fedex Freight Priority driver that I will not accept the damaged James Bond LE pinball machine and he was very cordial and said he fully understood and loaded it back onto his truck.

I called my distributor, Will Russell, Old Time Pinball, St. Augustine, FL, and texted him several photos showing the damage. Will called his Fedex representative and the damaged game is being shipped directly to Stern from Colorado. I believe that Stern is closed for the first 2 weeks of January so it may take awhile for Stern to get a game back to me. I am not sure of the timeline, but Will has been very helpful and transparent and said he will keep me apprised of the situation throughout the return process.

I have attached a few photos of the damaged shipment to this post. The scratch/gouge in the side of the cabinet tore the decal and also gouged the wood of the cabinet side.

Gord

P1020859 (resized).JPGP1020859 (resized).JPG
P1020860 (resized).JPGP1020860 (resized).JPG
P1020861 (resized).JPGP1020861 (resized).JPG
P1020862 (resized).JPGP1020862 (resized).JPG
P1020863 (resized).JPGP1020863 (resized).JPG
P1020864 (resized).JPGP1020864 (resized).JPG
P1020865 (resized).JPGP1020865 (resized).JPG
P1020866 (resized).JPGP1020866 (resized).JPG
P1020867 (resized).JPGP1020867 (resized).JPG

#855 1 year ago

Here is a video of an Amazon stair dolly VS Bond LE. Worked great, worth every penny of the $1200.

#856 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Well, I knew it might happen at some time, but my James Bond LE arrived about an hour ago and the box had quite a bit of damage and the cabinet was also damaged. After inspecting the shipment I told the Fedex Freight Priority driver that I will not accept the damaged James Bond LE pinball machine and he was very cordial and said he fully understood and loaded it back onto his truck.
I called my distributor, Will Russell, Old Time Pinball, St. Augustine, FL, and texted him several photos showing the damage. Will called his Fedex representative and the damaged game is being shipped directly to Stern from Colorado. I believe that Stern is closed for the first 2 weeks of January so it may take awhile for Stern to get a game back to me. I am not sure of the timeline, but Will has been very transparent and said he will keep me apprised of the situation throughout the return process.
I have attached a few photos of the damaged shipment to this post. The scratch/gouge in the side of the cabinet tore the decal and also gouged the wood of the cabinet side.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I know it's not the drivers fault,but hard to believe they would attempt to deliver that, even if they thought it was a $1000 dollar toy, as most outside of pinball think that's the cost. Hope its better next time,,,

#857 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Here is a video of an Amazon stair dolly VS Bond LE. Worked great, worth every penny of the $1200.

Pretty cool!!. A motorcycle in your living room???

#858 1 year ago

It's finally here! Our LE arrived today and I can verify that it's even more beautiful in person. We have #114 and had it shipped directly from Stern. Had enough time to play a few games, update code and then have an agonizing 16h work shift before I can play again.

IMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0212 (resized).JPGIMG_0212 (resized).JPG
#859 1 year ago

#64 in the door…of the garage. Hopefully I’ll get it inside the house and setup tonight.

B9874B1B-975B-4C1C-A5CD-7280F1B5CC35 (resized).jpegB9874B1B-975B-4C1C-A5CD-7280F1B5CC35 (resized).jpeg
#860 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I called my distributor, Will Russell, Old Time Pinball, St. Augustine, FL

So sad to see this happen to such a beautiful machine. Will is awesome! He helped me so much with a TMNT I bought from him. He’s a stand up guy for sure!

#861 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I called my distributor, Will Russell, Old Time Pinball, St. Augustine, FL, and texted him several photos showing the damage. Will called his Fedex representative and the damaged game is being shipped directly to Stern from Colorado. I believe that Stern is closed for the first 2 weeks of January so it may take awhile for Stern to get a game back to me. I am not sure of the timeline, but Will has been very helpful and transparent and said he will keep me apprised of the situation throughout the return process.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So sorry. My Bond LE arrives tomorrow. I am always nervous.

#862 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pretty cool!!. A motorcycle in your living room???

It was my father in laws bike And my Wife inherited it when he Passed away in 2015. The bike won best modified super bike in North America many times at Ducati Island during Laguna Seca annual race. Fluids drained and no one will ever ride it again. It’s Her prized possession.

#863 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

It was my father in laws bike And my Wife inherited it when he Passed away in 2015. The bike won best modified super bike in North America many times at Ducati Island during Laguna Seca annual race. Fluids drained and no one will ever ride it again. It’s Her prized possession.

That's awesome!!

#864 1 year ago

Just picked up my LE #783 today! Looking forward to putting some time on this beauty!

20221228_170648 (resized).jpg20221228_170648 (resized).jpg
#865 1 year ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Just picked up my LE #783 today! Looking forward to putting some time on this beauty!
[quoted image]

Like that topper you made!

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Like that topper you made!

Haha! I wish I made it! It was from Sparky pinball I believe? Really neat topper. Just had to add the lighting

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sorry to see this. My Mando le came damaged. While the shipping companies suck Stern also needs to take some responsibility and pack the machines better!

#868 1 year ago

Well, I still say shipping FedEx at Christmas was a terrible idea, but mine landed safe and sound today. Really sorry GRB1959 and others weren't so lucky - here's hoping stern makes you whole fast.

Spent the evening installing a bunch of bling I've been stockpiling - custom rod, rocket City buttons, pinfender, titans, and Halo flippers. Only played a couple games, still needs some adjustments, but it's going to be a great game when the code gets there!

PXL_20221228_223823023 (resized).jpgPXL_20221228_223823023 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_035921725 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_035921725 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040046287.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040046287.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040102804 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040102804 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040237278 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_040237278 (resized).jpg Added 16 months ago:

Getting a bunch of messages about where the mods came from, adding links so I can stop responding :p I have no vested interest in these products, though obviously I'm a fan.

Shooter protector: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods/07273-pindefender-for-james-bond-le

Aluminum flippers: Halographic Flippers from Precision Pinball on pinside. You want the set of three with bushings. Look for the precision flipper review thread if you want more detailed info about them.

Custom start and coin reject buttons - Rocket City Pinball on pinside.

Silicone rings: surely everyone knows about Titan at this point, but here's a link to the ring kit I put together to make life easy for ya (red flippers and translucent slings, stock otherwise, easily customized) https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/3036

The shooter rod I got at Pincinatti - pretty sure it was from Superskillshot.com though?

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

are these shipping again or is Stern Frozen and Closed ?

I got a ship notification on my LE earlier today (Wednesday). So my guess is they're moving again. Tho it hasn't been picked up by FedEx yet.

--Chris

#870 1 year ago

When will the ratings post on the top 100. I am on the fence about Bond and would like to read what other people think before I pull the trigger. I played it a few times on location, but I am still not 100%

#871 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

When will the ratings post on the top 100? I am on the fence about Bond and would like to read what other people think before I pull the trigger.

Code is obviously very early and incomplete. To rate it now would be a disservice to the game. If you are looking for other people's opinions, you only have to read through the last several pages of this thread and see that the layout and flow work well, the games (especially the LE) look beautiful in person, and a lot of people believe that the game will be outstanding once code is completed (which could take several months).

#872 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Code is obviously very early and incomplete. To rate it now would be a disservice to the game. If you are looking for other people's opinions, you only have to read through the last several pages of this thread and see that the layout and flow work well, the games (especially the LE) look beautiful in person, and a lot of people believe that the game will be outstanding once code is completed (which could take several months).

My thoughts exactly. I'm never in a rush to rate a game, especially with weak early code. Hard to give a solid review without a decent number of games a new machine.

#873 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Sorry to see this. My Mando le came damaged. While the shipping companies suck Stern also needs to take some responsibility and pack the machines better!

It is pretty hard to pack against a set of forklift blades, to be fair.

#874 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

My thoughts exactly. I'm never in a rush to rate a game, especially with weak early code. Hard to give a solid review without a decent number of games a new machine.

Unfortunately I sorta expect this to pop in the top 100 low pretty soon due to the lack of code. Layout is great and I'm nearly certain after 6-12m of code it will be a top 10 game, but right now it's an awesome layout in a beautiful package with Data East level code (if that). I don't even think they've really finished the few modes that are present yet - seems to be just "hit all the shots until the meter goes down" with a movie clip running. It'll get there though. Stern may take forever, but the code always seems to make it and this has WAY more potential than a lot of recent games.

If this wasn't basically THE grail theme for me I'd have definitely waited for it to mature.

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

When will the ratings post on the top 100. I am on the fence about Bond and would like to read what other people think before I pull the trigger. I played it a few times on location, but I am still not 100%

A small number of ratings are already there. It has nothing to do with the top 100 list (which requires a minimum number of ratings).
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/james-bond-007-pro/ratings
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/james-bond-007-premium/ratings
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/james-bond-007-le/ratings

There is one especially ridiculous LE rating that includes this:
"Callouts by John Cleese, who was annoying in the movies (not to mention that he has nothing to do with the movies this game is based on), and is equally annoying in the game."
Do they think every British person sounds like John Cleese?

As many have already mentioned, the code is super early (maybe 50-60% there even though it's v0.80) so it's premature to try to assess this game right now.

#876 1 year ago

This is my first pinside post ever! Long time lurker and pinball fanatic. Decided it was time to create an account.
I currently have 14 pinball machines with 2 additional on order. Anxiously awaiting my Bond Premium and Scooby Doo. Also will be eyeing that 60th Bond hard, but price will probably bump me out on that one.

Anyways, Hello!!!

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

This is my first pinside post ever! Long time lurker and pinball fanatic. Decided it was time to create an account.
I currently have 14 pinball machines with 2 additional on order. Anxiously awaiting my Bond Premium and Scooby Doo. Also will be eyeing that 60th Bond hard, but price will probably bump me out on that one.
Anyways, Hello!!!

Nice! I’m actually picking up my LE tomorrow and I also have scooby on order as well. Welcome!

#878 1 year ago

Just got the call James Bond premium getting picked up today from Stern. Should be getting it next week. Game Room Guys distributor.

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Just got the call James Bond premium getting picked up today from Stern. Should be getting it next week. Game Room Guys distributor.

Same here

#880 1 year ago

Has anyone figured out what those 20m polonium (sp?)jackpots are about? Got a bunch on a game last night, seemed random and blew my score up for no apparent reason.

#881 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Has anyone figured out what those 20m polonium (sp?)jackpots are about? Got a bunch on a game last night, seemed random and blew my score up for no apparent reason.

You talking about the power plant jackpots? Those just come from hitting the pop bumpers a lot.

#882 1 year ago

Distributor called and said my LE is in transit. Should be here tomorrow or Monday.

#883 1 year ago

My Prem is shipping out soon!!! just got off the phone!

#884 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You talking about the power plant jackpots? Those just come from hitting the pop bumpers a lot.

No, there's another one that was something like plutonium (but not). I was getting it hitting lanes last night, but no idea why. Racked up almost 500m on a long game last night, good chunk from that and the powerplant thing.

#885 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Anyways, Hello!!!

Schrader! One of my favorite tv characters in a long time. Welcome.

E004CAC3-BA0F-4F9D-BF16-A30BA310878A (resized).pngE004CAC3-BA0F-4F9D-BF16-A30BA310878A (resized).png
#886 1 year ago

My Distributor just let me know my Bond Premium ships Tuesday! Heck yeah! New to pinside AND pin shipping news. Happy day!

#887 1 year ago

Just got my FedEx call for LE to be delivered next Tuesday.

#888 1 year ago

I'm not in the club just yet, waiting on a Premium - but I drove down to the ULEK arcade today and played the Pro they had on site. I actually really liked it. For sure you can see where there's a ton of room to grow this game. The targets around the missile were indeed kinda weird?

Looking forward to this Premium for sure after checking it out today, knowing that the game will change substantially as the code develops.

#889 1 year ago

Finally some news about the PRe's starting to ship!! Kool!!

#890 1 year ago

It seems, after watching the streams, that simply being either to stack a mode with multiball OR resuming the mode after multiball would go a very long way in improving gameplay.

Some of the animations and video clips look decent. For example, the laser stuff on Goldfinger are pretty cool. Hopefully more like that to come.

Extremely excited that premium units are shipping… cant be long now!

#891 1 year ago

So, I played a good bit of the pro (and a little premium) at Pincinatti. And I've now got a bit of time on my LE. Gotta say, I don't see the premium being worth the upcharge by a long shot. I'm guessing they do something neat with bond on a wand by the time the code is done, but I can't imagine it being worth 3k. The physical lock is neat and all, but really adds nothing to the gameplay, and I genuinely dig the way there's not even a pause when you "lock" the pro.

Not regretting my LE - this is *the* grail theme for me. And it's a going to be great. But unless it's a grail for you, I'd go pro...put the rest towards a GoldenEye even.

#892 1 year ago

Got my LE yesterday! Been playing it ever since. Luckily for me it arrived in nearly perfect condition. (although needed some tweaks to fix the upper right gate and kick out of the lower left). One thing I have not been able to tweak to my liking, is the pop bumpers. The action just is not like other pop bumpers with individual operation. Since both pops activate at once, the ball hits the opposite pop but it does not activate right away, most likely because there is not enough time for the mechanism to reset. I will futz with the pop strength in the menu if I can find it but I'm bummed for now, as that is a long shot.

Looking forward to a mod that will give me back independent pops!

#893 1 year ago

974 checking in…

B991987B-90AE-494F-8CF8-2C5B4C72AE48 (resized).jpegB991987B-90AE-494F-8CF8-2C5B4C72AE48 (resized).jpegE0DDB32A-E605-4842-AC8E-FE36A4EAB558 (resized).jpegE0DDB32A-E605-4842-AC8E-FE36A4EAB558 (resized).jpeg
#894 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

So, I played a good bit of the pro (and a little premium) at Pincinatti. And I've now got a bit of time on my LE. Gotta say, I don't see the premium being worth the upcharge by a long shot. I'm guessing they do something neat with bond on a wand by the time the code is done, but I can't imagine it being worth 3k. The physical lock is neat and all, but really adds nothing to the gameplay, and I genuinely dig the way there's not even a pause when you "lock" the pro.
Not regretting my LE - this is *the* grail theme for me. And it's a going to be great. But unless it's a grail for you, I'd go pro...put the rest towards a GoldenEye even.

Thanks for your honest opinion. This is a grail theme for me and I was hoping it would be made one day for years. Can only afford a PRO for now which I should have soon. Can't wait to have it. Non biased objective opinions are always refreshing.

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Not sure I understand the logic of the extra 2.7k versus the extra 6.5k plus up charge ??

#896 1 year ago

Helped a friend set up his Bond LE tonight. My short review…this game is great. It’s going to be even better with some more code! Gomez delivered on this one as expected.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from PeanutsPinball:

Not sure I understand the logic of the extra 2.7k versus the extra 6.5k plus up charge ??

It's not logic. I'm a huge Connery fan; I'm happy with the showpiece. But if you're just after the game, I don't really see any reason not to go with the pro.

Well, except that art package :p

#898 1 year ago
Quoted from PeanutsPinball:

Schrodinger's cat logic: the observer has the ability to influence the outcome.

The paradox is that the pro and the LE simultaneously exist within the same game until the buyer notices the ball lock ramp and Bond on the wand.

#899 1 year ago

Picked up Bomb, James Bond 007 Yesterday.
What a Cool game!!! everything works.
469 is ready for service.

#900 1 year ago

#349 showed up.

EAA9BE51-75AC-4379-99A7-1FEC72B21AF0 (resized).jpegEAA9BE51-75AC-4379-99A7-1FEC72B21AF0 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/18?hl=jarson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.