IMG_7796 (resized).jpeg
GyroCopter Decal SELL 1 (resized).jpg
Villains Decal SELL 1 (resized).jpg
HeliPad Decal SELL 1 (resized).jpg
20240223_152015 (resized).jpg
canvas (resized).png
20240223_083004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 295.
#9401 7 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I don't really notice it. It has a subtle rumble.

If it's a subtle rumble, and you want more, adjust the weights so they're closer to being the same on each side of the shaker. Putting the weights at 180° frome each other tones it down. Mine is a Stern shaker I got through PL, and the weights are equal on both sides. Pretty good effect.

#9402 7 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

As of now. Two hours after this quoted post, Marcos still has them in stock.
Man I'm so jealous you live nearby! Damn.

Yeah I had one in my cart to see if I got an endorphin rush. It seems kinda cool but in the end I just can't see spending 1000 bucks on this thing.

I'm not a topper guy!

But for those of you who are, they are just sittin' there waiting for your money.

#9403 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

it is in that 7-12 range for me... better than TMNT, Mun, LZ, Beatles, BKSOR, and Mando
Not as good as STh, B66, EHOH, JP, Deadpool, GZ, and SW
IMO of course

Yeah, I mean it's all personal opinion once you get to the genuinely good stuff...totally get why people like EHOH and ST, even though I find both too easy and dull. Forgot about SW and BK...funny, I kinda feel like they're the same game, just one with more soul and fun, the other with less soul and better rules. Mostly I was surprised to realize the code is already pretty darn decent, at least for a game this fun to shoot. Been fun seeing it develop, makes me really excited to see what it'll be like once it's polished.

#9404 7 months ago

I dont even have a bond yet but I just bought the topper from Marco. Im a topper nerd and I want a Bond eventually....

#9405 7 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Honest question - if the code stopped right now, where would you rank this among the LCD era as sterns?
I'm just thinking here - Godzilla is better, even though I'm playing bond way more. Maiden is probably better, though it's close for me as the theme does nothing. Def better than any other music pins, even though I owned Rush and really liked it, and I have an LZ and love it. Batman has great code, but Bond is way better to shoot so probably a toss up for me. Personally I'd take it long before JP, AIQ, TMNT, ST, FF, MUN... probably about even on Deadpool...
It's pretty exciting to think this will almost certainly get significantly better before they cap the code off.

You'll likely receive varying answers based on everyone's personal preference, but here's mine. I think it's better than SW, LZ, Beatles, EHOH, Sthings, BSKOR and Mando. I think it's equal to (or maybe even a little better?) IMDN, AIQ, TMNT, DP and FF. I think JP is a slightly better game than Bond and GZ is #1 on this board for a good reason. I own Bond and Maiden and I enjoy them equally. I even ignored my Maiden for quite some time after getting Bond. For Foo, I have say...I initially had it up there with GZ but I just played 15 straight games on a Premium and gonna be honest, I started getting bored with it after about game 7 or 8. If Gomez and team deliver on what they are saying will be the final polished code, I think this game should eventually land in the top 10 rankings and in the DP/JP/GZ conversation. Just my opinion!

#9406 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I had one in my cart to see if I got an endorphin rush. It seems kinda cool but in the end I just can't see spending 1000 bucks on this thing.
I'm not a topper guy!
But for those of you who are, they are just sittin' there waiting for your money.

I normally don’t give a shit about toppers but I’m a huge bond fan (the pin, the movies, and the books), so if I was going to buy one this is really the first one that’s tempted me but for 1K ehhhhh I can’t stomach it. Would love to have one but there’s a lot more I’d rather sink a grand into.

#9407 7 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I normally don’t give a shit about toppers but I’m a huge bond fan (the pin, the movies, and the books), so if I was going to buy one this is really the first one that’s tempted me but for 1K ehhhhh I can’t stomach it. Would love to have one but there’s a lot more I’d rather sink a grand into.

I don’t see $1k in topper here. This is one that should have been priced in the $600-$700 range IMO.

#9408 7 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I don’t see $1k in topper here. This is one that should have been priced in the $600-$700 range IMO.

Yeah I think so too. I think realistically if they were like 400ish I’d pull the trigger. I don’t even want to spend that on one but I could talk myself into it…

#9409 7 months ago

Yeah, 500 bucks and I’d buy one.

But they aren’t 500 bucks. They are $1,000!

#9410 7 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I mean I agree... but these things were nearly impossible to find at $1000. The profit margin on these things has to be enormous.

#9411 7 months ago

The long drawn out scenes every time you hit high stakes is driving me crazy. I would think it would be a simple code fix to skip scenes, but they will not correct the problem. I'm done playing this game until they fix this. I can drink a beer in the time it takes to go through all the scenes.

That leads to my next thought - I much prefer the old whitestar/SAM systems that booted immediately and had smaller DMDs that had animation. The long boot times are annoying and the movie scenes slow down play. If you are truly playing pinball you don't have time to look at the screen anyway. I think a game like Pulp Fiction with good call outs is a much better idea or simply going back to good systems that I can work on without surface mount components that cannot be repaired along with animated smaller DMDs.

#9412 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, 500 bucks and I’d buy one.
But they aren’t 500 bucks. They are $1,000!

And I ain’t buyin!

#9413 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not a topper guy!

Same. Pass. Not a topper guy either. I did order a Stern JP3 topper 18 months ago and it just showed up. Thankfully they honored the old price of $599. Still that's a lot. $759 now. JP3 is my only game with a topper and I don't have plans on buying any other.

#9414 7 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Topper prices are damn silly, period. But I will say this is the best looking topper I've seen them do outside of maybe Elvira. And I'm about certain the BOM, while surely leaving a crazy margin, is higher than any outside of maybe - maybe - Mando. This thing is solid metal, must have a ton of LEDs, and is HEAVY. My buddy is a topper guy, got the GZ one and Mando...this is the only one I'd consider buying. I absolutely get being out on any of them at the prices stern charges though. Personally I still think I'm kinda an idiot for paying for an LE in the first place...but damn I love this game and the LE looks sweet :p

That said, I *may* wind up with an extra one, and if I do I'm gonna sit on it and try to trade for a BKSOR topper down the road. Wife wants that game bad, and the topper is sweet....but no damn way I'm paying 2500 for one, lol.

#9415 7 months ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

Not sure for how long, but Marco Specialties has toppers in stock as of this morning. I'm going to pick mine up on the way home from work this afternoon. It's nice living 20 mins from Marcos
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=JAMES+BOND+TOPPER

Long day at work and now that I can check it's out of stock.

#9416 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I mean I agree... but these things were nearly impossible to find at $1000. The profit margin on these things has to be enormous.

Yeah, like $900. The EHOH topper seemed outrageous at $1k but it appears to be twice the topper this thing is.

#9417 7 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Topper prices are damn silly, period. But I will say this is the best looking topper I've seen them do outside of maybe Elvira. And I'm about certain the BOM, while surely leaving a crazy margin, is higher than any outside of maybe - maybe - Mando. This thing is solid metal, must have a ton of LEDs, and is HEAVY. My buddy is a topper guy, got the GZ one and Mando...this is the only one I'd consider buying. I absolutely get being out on any of them at the prices stern charges though. Personally I still think I'm kinda an idiot for paying for an LE in the first place...but damn I love this game and the LE looks sweet :p
That said, I *may* wind up with an extra one, and if I do I'm gonna sit on it and try to trade for a BKSOR topper down the road. Wife wants that game bad, and the topper is sweet....but no damn way I'm paying 2500 for one, lol.

Mark my words, if they sell kut, Stern will make more and the price will drop.

#9418 7 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Mark my words, if they sell kut, Stern will make more and the price will drop.

I think they will make more, but they ain't dropping the price! In the past, all of the second runs have been at considerably more expensive.

I remember when I passed on the Munsters' topper - I thought it was too $$$ for what it was. I was partially right, it was too expensive for what it was, but... it's worth 4x that now.

#9419 7 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

The long drawn out scenes every time you hit high stakes is driving me crazy. I would think it would be a simple code fix to skip scenes, but they will not correct the problem. I'm done playing this game until they fix this. I can drink a beer in the time it takes to go through all the scenes.
That leads to my next thought - I much prefer the old whitestar/SAM systems that booted immediately and had smaller DMDs that had animation. The long boot times are annoying and the movie scenes slow down play. If you are truly playing pinball you don't have time to look at the screen anyway. I think a game like Pulp Fiction with good call outs is a much better idea or simply going back to good systems that I can work on without surface mount components that cannot be repaired along with animated smaller DMDs.

Can't you just hit both flippers and skip the animations? I've only had Bond for about a week, but thats how it works on my other stern machines, and Bond from what I've experienced so far.

#9420 7 months ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

Long day at work and now that I can check it's out of stock.

For pressing matters like that, just go take a shit and make your purchase in the bathroom

#9421 7 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Can't you just hit both flippers and skip the animations? I've only had Bond for about a week, but thats how it works on my other stern machines, and Bond from what I've experienced so far.

Yep you definitely can, but maybe not absolutely everything - although personally I don't find it annoying (I usually get a chuckle out of it), you can get a lot of stuff playing out at that scoop in one go. I swear one time I had the Jetpack clip, High Stakes, Domino, Q Branch progression and probably something else all playing out one after another. I was like *skip* *skip* *skip* *skip* *skip*... come on dude give me the ball back already... ha ha...

The movie clips are really suprisingly long on this game too, but I like it. I get to have a sip of beer, and they are totally skippable if you don't wanna watch them, so not a problem at all.

#9422 7 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yep you definitely can, but maybe not absolutely everything - although personally I don't find it annoying (I usually get a chuckle out of it), you can get a lot of stuff playing out at that scoop in one go. I swear one time I had the Jetpack clip, High Stakes, Domino, Q Branch progression and probably something else all playing out one after another. I was like *skip* *skip* *skip* *skip* *skip*... come on dude give me the ball back already... ha ha...
The movie clips are really suprisingly long on this game too, but I like it. I get to have a sip of beer, and they are totally skippable if you don't wanna watch them, so not a problem at all.

Agreed, beer/whiskey sipping time is important!

#9423 7 months ago

I feel like we are due for a code update, no?

#9424 7 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I feel like we are due for a code update, no?

Thursday

#9425 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think they will make more, but they ain't dropping the price! In the past, all of the second runs have been at considerably more expensive.
I remember when I passed on the Munsters' topper - I thought it was too $$$ for what it was. I was partially right, it was too expensive for what it was, but... it's worth 4x that now.

I know their price won’t drop. What will is the price on the used, secondary market.

#9426 7 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

We’ll agree to disagree. To my eye, it looks pretty simple and basic.

#9427 7 months ago

The problem is sometimes there are three different scenes or scuba diver, etc things to button and scroll through. I’m with those that say Stern needs to figure out a way to speed up some of these scenes. It can kill the game flow.

#9428 7 months ago

Has anyone finished Outer Space Hijack? For me, it's the most difficult mode on the machine. I think I average scoring about 1 hit before time expires or I drain. The best I've done is scoring three or four but I think it takes about 45 to complete the mode. It's the one mode I swear the switch is not registering but when I've tested it, it shows it's working.

#9429 7 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Has anyone finished Outer Space Hijack? For me, it's the most difficult mode on the machine. I think I average scoring about 1 hit before time expires or I drain. The best I've done is scoring three or four but I think it takes about 45 to complete the mode. It's the one mode I swear the switch is not registering but when I've tested it, it shows it's working.

You can farm huge points from this mode if you time a good playfield x going into it. I think its one of the more forgiving spectre modes timewise. Just get to know the shot sequences as it helps to plan ahead with these.

#9430 7 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

We’ll agree to disagree. To my eye, it looks pretty simple and basic.

They're all pretty simple and basic, lol. I mean, anyone who thinks they're getting their "money's worth" on a stern topper is not someone I'd allow to spend my money I mean, the JP on cost more than my phone and it's a flipping joke, lol. Regardless, this one absolutely has a higher BOM than that hideous Godzilla one.

On the other hand, they're clearly collectibles in many (not all) cases. I think you rarely go wrong buying a topper if you dig it. Worst case you loose a little to sell it, but there's a good chance you can sell it for 2x plus in a couple years if ya want. Is that dumb? Yup. I've got a buddy who runs a store that makes bank on magic cards. World is full of dumb

#9431 7 months ago

You know what I'd love to see in a future code update is a way to add time to a mode by making shots. Similar to EHoH. Start with a base timer, and making a shot to progress the mode adds a few seconds. The default timer on the modes seems pretty brutal. I realize it's adjustable in the settings, but I'd rather stay on default times. I personally enjoy the thrill of making a last second shot to add time on Elvira. It adds to the fun and suspense.

#9432 7 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

You can farm huge points from this mode if you time a good playfield x going into it. I think its one of the more forgiving spectre modes timewise. Just get to know the shot sequences as it helps to plan ahead with these.

Shot sequence? On mine, every shot is at the rollover by the drops

#9433 7 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Can’t see wasting multipliers on this mode. I actually did it with 4x the other night and the points weren’t that great.

#9434 7 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Speaking of modes, anyone actually completing Dent on default time settings? Even in multiball where it gets drawn out with the pops and such pausing the timer, nailing the tank over and over to lock shots, I almost never finish that. Pretty sure I've never managed it on single ball, except at my buddy's who put it on easy mode where the timer is like 3 minutes.

#9435 7 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Shot sequence?

Eight shots total. First five are the 'rocket lane' rollover. Last three will be the lane and/or the three drop targets.

Try to trap up and backhand shots from the left flipper.

#9436 7 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I know their price won’t drop. What will is the price on the used, secondary market.

Discontinued Stern toppers seem to typically be going for $$$ regardless of whether they're new or used.

#9437 7 months ago

You know what I'd love to see in a future code update is a way to add time to a mode by making shots.

I used to think that, but at this point, I'd say no thanks. There's approximately 672 modes in this game, and counting. The last thing we need to do is EXTEND these modes, especially when the point will be to work your way through ALL of them to achieve the super mega duper final wizard mode whenever that's coded.

#9438 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I used to think that, but at this point, I'd say no thanks. There's approximately 672 modes in this game, and counting. The last thing we need to do is EXTEND these modes, especially when the point will be to work your way through ALL of them to achieve the super mega duper final wizard mode whenever that's coded.

I'd also prefer no time extensions. For some of the modes, such as Feeding Frenzy and Nellie, I seem to be able to finish them without issue. But for others, such as Volpe (which drives me nuts!) and Grant, I really struggle with them and extending the ball on a successful shot would just prolong the pain and almost guarantee a drain as I try for the next one. I'd rather just be done with it and move on to the next task towards a wiz mode. I feel the same way about Icarus on IMDN. I always get extended time on that damn mode and I'm not good enough to hit the ramps over and over again.

#9439 7 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Speaking of modes, anyone actually completing Dent on default time settings?

Possibly due to my underwater scoop hitting the tank target on every eject, this mode isn't too bad for me to complete. If I pair with a multi-ball I can complete it nearly every time. I have more trouble with Fiona Volpe and Wint & Kidd... sometimes I just can't find the left orbit shot.

#9440 7 months ago
Quoted from BW1029:

What are the differences in starting Chaos at Crab Key and Ahoy Mr. Bond?

Quoted from Grantman:

After you play 6 of any type of mode the right ramp will light up. At this point, either Dr. No (Chaos) or Rosa Klebb (Ahoy) is blinking. If you want the other one, you can switch by hitting the Goldfinger target (gold bars target between the ramps). Then hit the right ramp to start it.

I often wondered what factors decided which mode was chosen to play, just thought it was random. I'll have to pay more attention to the Dr. No and Rosa Klebb inserts flashing differently. Seems like ALL of the villain inserts flash in an upward progression to let you know the white insert is lit, or am I thinking of another mode, possibly BJB?

#9441 7 months ago

Would be nice to have the option of activating time extensions in the menu. That would be win-win: set the timer to default or even something shorter, but enable time extensions for when you hit shots. If you're on your game and in the zone, you get more time to complete the mode. Not on your game and/or hate the mode you've activated, then it ends quickly and you move on.

Personally, I like to complete modes. Right now I have the adjustments set to maximum time for each one. Sure, there's currently no "reward" on Bond (final wizard, for example) that makes it worth it. Just personal satisfaction. When anyone in my family finishes a mode we celebrate it. It means Bond won the day. That's what this game is all about.

#9442 7 months ago

Almost forgot:

Happy Code Day, everyone!

#9443 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Almost forgot:

Hope so. Though, it'll probably just be another mini wizard if so, and I still haven't seen crab key yet anyway. Have hit Ahoy maybe three times now...gotta say getting through six of anything just feels like a slog. I'm cracking a bil fairly regularly, but I'd much rather just play and enjoy myself than fuss with that

#9444 7 months ago

Almost forgot:

My guess (which is worth nothing), is more wizard modes.

What was on the docket for the officially unofficial time line for today?

#9445 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

My guess (which is worth nothing), is more wizard modes.
What was on the docket for the officially unofficial time line for today?

LoL. Yes, let's all go to the officially unofficial code-release timeline. We can confirm, yet again, how officially unofficial it was...

My guess, which is worth even less than nothing, TYVM, is that we'll get some bug fixes, "general enhancements", and maybe - if we've been good boys and girls - two wizard modes similar to Ahoy and Chaos.

#9446 7 months ago

LoL. Yes, let's all go to the officially unofficial code-release timeline. We can confirm, yet again, how officially unofficial it was...
My guess, which is worth even less than nothing, TYVM, is that we'll get some bug fixes, "general enhancements", and maybe - if we've been good boys and girls - two wizard modes similar to Ahoy and Chaos.

Mike did say that they would be getting us the wizard modes first before anything else and it looks like we are missing 2.

#9447 7 months ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

Not sure for how long, but Marco Specialties has toppers in stock as of this morning. I'm going to pick mine up on the way home from work this afternoon. It's nice living 20 mins from Marcos
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=JAMES+BOND+TOPPER

Gotta say, Marco really performed! I waited 18 months from the time I ordered until I received my JP topper (not from Marco).

James Bond.... 18 HOURS! Pretty amazing service!

One thing that I noticed... of all the games, JB is the one that probably *needs* a topper the most. With the factory translite/backglass you really can't tell you are playing a James Bond game that encompasses more than the movie shown. The topper really helps draw attention that it is a 007 game, and not just Dr. No, Thunderball, and etc.

Is it worth $1000? Absolutely not.

Is it better than most Stern toppers? Yep.

#9448 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Gotta say, Marco really performed! I waited 18 months from the time I ordered until I received my JP topper (not from Marco).
One thing that I noticed... of all the games, JB is the one that probably *needs* a topper the most. With the factory translite/backglass you really can't tell you are playing a James Bond game that encompasses more than the movie shown. The topper really helps draw attention that it is a 007 game, and not just Dr. No, Thunderball, and etc.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these to achieve the same effect

Screenshot_20230727_123335_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230727_123335_Brave (resized).jpg
#9449 7 months ago

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these to achieve the same effect [quoted image]

That's definitely a less expensive option.

#9450 7 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah...I've been flirting with routing a few games locally, and if I did I'd probably pick up a pro. Was thinking to myself it's almost certainly do better with a topper. 1k better, probably not. Thing that always gets me about games in public, no one else can really see the screen or even the translite much when folks are playing. A solid topper would likely up the "what is that guy doing over there" draw in a bar.

But not 1-2k plays, lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 23.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 49.99
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 14.95
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
There are 14,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 295.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/189?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.