IMG_3500 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7938692_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9891 (resized).jpeg
20231223_141458 (resized).jpg
20240626_181831 (resized).jpg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 333.
#8251 1 year ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Check this out just made this for my gold finger target . Stack of gold bricks ! . I thought the area was a little lacking . What do you think ? I could actually make these for people of there is enough interest . Very subtle mod and turned out pretty cool .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Clever idea! Looks really cool! Sign me in!

#8252 1 year ago

The gold looks great I made theses little guys .

E27BEA8F-39F6-4114-8B05-52CCD7562B53 (resized).jpegE27BEA8F-39F6-4114-8B05-52CCD7562B53 (resized).jpeg
#8253 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Anyone else have issues with playfield dimpling? this is my first machine, NIB just under 400 plays lifetime. When I had the glass off the other day to install Halos flippers I noticed pretty bad dimpling dead center just below the Qs gadget lights. This seems like an odd place given the wireform is right above and there shouldn't be any drops or impacts in this area? Any solution or do I just have to live with this?

Quoted from Rhart51:

How did you secure the little Nellie?

Quoted from iceman44:

Who the F is Bruce?

Who cares what Bruce thinks! All that matters is what you think!

Quoted from iceman44:

Who the F is Bruce?

Quoted from iceman44:

Who the F is Bruce?

Quoted from iceman44:

Who the F is Bruce?

I listen to some of the podcasts as well and it’s easy to get drawn in to what their opinions are. But bottom line is there is always going to be a difference in opinion no matter what the game is. Who cares what Bruce thinks, All that matters is what you think!

#8254 1 year ago

Yeah....PF multipliers blow this game wide open.

20230615_232047 (resized).jpg20230615_232047 (resized).jpg

Personally I've never been a fan of PF multipliers, because it can skew the scoring by insane margins. You can successfully work your way through a lot of a game and rack up a ton of well earned points... and yet it can't even come close to a successful short run with a high multiplier. Game of Thrones had this same issue.

This game saw a 5x multiplier Bird One stacked on a villain, during which I got through a few super jackpot cycles. Later on Ball 3 I noted that I spent some time chopping away at Q's Power Pack, and earned about 22 million ... which increased my total score by less than 1%.

I'm not saying I'm not having fun, though,
because I am ...

#8255 1 year ago

Played Bond on day 1 release, it was ok. Traded away Iron Maiden Premium today for a NIB Bond Premium, WOW has this game come along way!!! It Shoots unbelievable with stronger flipper coils, this is a must in 90% of Stern games for me. Absolutely love the Bond-60th similarities. If this game could somehow get bits of the intro songs it would be PERFECT!! I couldn’t be happier with both Bond games!!! None of my business but if Stern released completed games I think they would sell better. This game is wicked fun!!

IMG_5436 (resized).jpegIMG_5436 (resized).jpeg
#8256 1 year ago

007 Multiplier Corrector Mod is ready for preorders (to help determine the preferred colors)

Details in thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/007-pf-multiplier-light-corrector-mod

Shop listing at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08777-multiplier-light-corrector-mod-james-bond-007

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg
#8257 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Yeah....PF multipliers blow this game wide open.
Personally I've never been a fan of PF multipliers, because it can skew the scoring by insane margins. You can successfully work your way through a lot of a game and rack up a ton of well earned points... and yet it can't even come close to a successful short run with a high multiplier. Game of Thrones had this same issue.
This game saw a 5x multiplier Bird One stacked on a villain, during which I got through a few super jackpot cycles. Later on Ball 3 I noted that I spent some time chopping away at Q's Power Pack, and earned about 22 million ... which increased my total score by less than 1%.
I'm not saying I'm not having fun, though, because I am ...

as more than few others pins, i'm thinking to Star Wars, or Hot Wheels which is home actually
the fact is, on those pins, the PF multiplicators have to be hard to get, and also hard to keep alive
i'm not sure about Bond, as i havent play it since 0.86...

#8258 1 year ago

I finally got around to adding the Toyota 2000GT from You only live twice. At first i had the head/tail lights hooked up to the right lane flasher and the 2 interior LEDS hooked up to one of the scuba flashers. Wasn't really happy with how the head/tail lights looked as a flashing option so they are now on all the time and the interior LEDS are now hooked up to the right lane flasher. The interior LEDS were ok with the scuba flasher but i think they are much better as they are now. In attract mode they pulse nicely and of course flash furiously when you have the ball being released from the right lane up post at the start of a mode. I was originally going to put LEDS in the pop up head lights also but there's just no room to do that and still make it look natural. I will most likely build a few of these if anyone is interested, will have 3 extra cars shortly. Also planning on adding the Toyota Crown from the same chase scene but it may need to be added in that top left corner of the playfield, only place it will really fit without any overhang. Was originally planning on having the GT on top of the left scoop plastic but it's a tad too long and i still reckon anything there is gonna get smashed. Along with that plan was to have the Crown where the GT is now so they would be reasonably close together.
Will add a vid when i get the chance just to show how the interior LEDS react during game play and during attract mode.

DSC06177 (resized).JPGDSC06177 (resized).JPGDSC06178 (resized).JPGDSC06178 (resized).JPGDSC06179 (resized).JPGDSC06179 (resized).JPG
#8259 1 year ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Check this out just made this for my gold finger target . Stack of gold bricks ! . I thought the area was a little lacking . What do you think ? I could actually make these for people of there is enough interest . Very subtle mod and turned out pretty cool .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it. It’s subtle and looks great

#8260 1 year ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

That’s really nice, reckon you could get a spotlight on the ramp using one of the screws as a mount and shine it on them? They would look killer with light bouncing off them. Really nice dude how much you thinking if you sold them I’d be interested for sure.

#8261 1 year ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Nice touch, I am interested.

Thanks!

#8262 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Bruce Nightingale
Co-host of the Slam Tilt podcast

Never heard of him or his podcast. Why should we care what he thinks?

#8263 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Never heard of him or his podcast. Why should we care what he thinks?

I merely provided the link for those interested in an additional perspective on Bond. Care or don't care - up to you.

FWIW - Slam Tilt is a longstanding pinball podcast (208 episodes and counting). I often disagree with Bruce's gameplay opinions, but I still appreciate his (and his co-host Ron's) pinball knowledge and insights.

#8265 1 year ago

Their podcast has good pinball content and is a good listen. Just be ready to hit the 30 second skip buttons when the lame singing starts or the impersonations that almost all sound like Triumph the Comic Insult Dog.

#8266 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s really nice, reckon you could get a spotlight on the ramp using one of the screws as a mount and shine it on them? They would look killer with light bouncing off them. Really nice dude how much you thinking if you sold them I’d be interested for sure.

I was thinking of doing this exact thing

#8267 1 year ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I was thinking of doing this exact thing

Might be keen on this too if you're selling them?

#8268 1 year ago

Want to say thanks to the 007 Bond community here in this thread. I picked up my Pro last week and then began to read through this entire thread from page one and I'm currently on pg 96. I've gained a ton of knowledge and have my Pro dialed in and playing fantastic!!! Some of the things I have learned and benefited from this owners thread as I continue to get through the entire thing:

- Adjusted my Rocket ring and the balls don't get stuck behind the drop targets anymore.
- Adjusted my drop target spring tension and I have eliminated 95% of my bricks.
- Adjusted my shooter lane brackets/runners under the DB5 and it doesn't catch on manual or auto-plunge anymore.
- Dialed in my DB5 VUK and it ejects perfectly.
- Dialed in the scuba VUK power and it lands in the pops 95% of the time, eliminating a lot of the SDTM's the were happening before.
- I bought a cheap inclinometer on Amazon (my phone app was apparently not very accurate) and set my pitch at 7.0. This is the adjustment that resulted in the biggest change that I have seen on the machine. It indeed plays much smoother, faster (duh!) and the amount of times the balls goes into the scuba scoop unintentionally is much, much lower. Setting it at this pitch transformed the machine from a sort of flowy, but also sort of half clunky player to the flow monster that people have described here.
- Set my upper flipper to 180 power and it indeed helps get that pesky henchman ramp.
- I was mildly amused and pleased to discover that I had the infamous straight power cord. I'm part of the secret club!

Thanks all! I'm loving this machine!

#8269 1 year ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Want to say thanks to the 007 Bond community here in this thread. I picked up my Pro last week and then began to read through this entire thread from page one and I'm currently on pg 96. I've gained a ton of knowledge and have my Pro dialed in and playing fantastic!!! Some of the things I have learned and benefited from this owners thread as I continue to get through the entire thing:
- Adjusted my Rocket ring and the balls don't get stuck behind the drop targets anymore.
- Adjusted my drop target spring tension and I have eliminated 95% of my bricks.
- Adjusted my shooter lane brackets/runners under the DB5 and it doesn't catch on manual or auto-plunge anymore.
- Dialed in the scuba VUK power and it lands in the pops 95% of the time, eliminating a lot of the SDTM's the were happening before.
- I bought a cheap inclinometer on Amazon (my phone app was apparently not very accurate) and set my pitch at 7.0. This is the adjustment that resulted in the biggest change that I have seen on the machine. It indeed plays much smoother, faster (duh!) and the amount of times the balls goes into the scuba scoop unintentionally is much, much lower. Setting it at this pitch transformed the machine from a sort of flowy, but also sort of half clunky player to the flow monster that people have described here.
- Set my upper flipper to 180 power and it indeed helps get that pesky henchman ramp.
- I was mildly amused and pleased to discover that I had the infamous straight power cord. I'm part of the secret club!

Welcome to the club. It's a fantastic game in Pro or Premium. Even six months later it's still getting more plays than anything else in my collection.

#8270 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Welcome to the club. It's a fantastic game in Pro or Premium. Even six months later it's still getting more plays than anything else in my collection.

Same!!
For the record, received my blue drop target springs from the distro today and it definitively fixes the problem of bricking!!

#8271 1 year ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

Who cares what Bruce thinks! All that matters is what you think!

I listen to some of the podcasts as well and it’s easy to get drawn in to what their opinions are. But bottom line is there is always going to be a difference in opinion no matter what the game is. Who cares what Bruce thinks, All that matters is what you think!

What I KNOW is that Bond is a great game and getting better.

Don’t listen to any podcasts now

#8272 1 year ago

Folks really get bent out of shape for rando person's opinions on twitch and pod casts.

#8273 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What I KNOW is that Bond is a great game and getting better.
Don’t listen to any podcasts now

I just listened to a podcast where the guest believes Trump was sent from another planet to rule earth.

Anyone can have a podcast, even crazy people. Hell I bet Crazy Levi has a podcast.

Bruce does know his stuff, but he likes a certain style, and this game really isn’t in his wheelhouse.

#8274 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Bruce Nightingale
Co-host of the Slam Tilt podcast

I thought Bruce Nightingale was the center square on Hollywood Squares.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#8275 1 year ago

Normally not a huge mod guy, but this showed up in the mail today and I am liking it so far. It's a lot bigger than Lior's other lockdown bar plates that I have on Pirates of the Caribbean and Guns and Roses. Fills up the empty space nicely in a retro way on this game.

PXL_20230616_201815512 (resized).jpgPXL_20230616_201815512 (resized).jpg
#8276 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

[quoted image]

Jim J Bullock, Alf, Bruce Nightingale, who you got for your dream center square?

#8277 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

[quoted image]

lol

Close - that was actually Bruce Vilanch.

Ron Hallett & Bruce Nightingale of the Slam Tilt podcast (and YUGE Bond fans):

TeamSlamTilt (resized).jpgTeamSlamTilt (resized).jpg

#8278 1 year ago

I don’t know why people are so hard on Bruce. He told it how it is. The Q modes are a road block that locks you out from doing anything, just like light saber duel in Star Wars. It’s good that he brought it up as it brings awareness to the dev team; hopefully something they address in a future update.

#8279 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Normally not a huge mod guy, but this showed up in the mail today and I am liking it so far. It's a lot bigger than Lior's other lockdown bar plates that I have on Pirates of the Caribbean and Guns and Roses. Fills up the empty space nicely in a retro way on this game.
[quoted image]

Hmmm this gives me an idea, interactive action button surround……. off to see Q!

#8280 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t know why people are so hard on Bruce. He told it how it is. The Q modes are a road block that locks you out from doing anything, just like light saber duel in Star Wars. It’s good that he brought it up as it brings awareness to the dev team; hopefully something they address in a future update.

Word

#8281 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The Q modes are a road block that locks you out from doing anything, just like light saber duel in Star Wars.

At least on Bond the Q modes end if you drain or time them out. On Star Wars you have to finish LD in order to play anything else…even if you drain. I hated when LD would start on Star Wars but if you wanted to play the final wizard mode you had to finish it.

#8282 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Suggestions are great. It’s a phenomenal game now.

Don’t listen to the podcast. I’m patient enough to know that the game will keep getting better every update.

The Dev team I’m sure has a mapped out plan they are executing. Mike V.? I’ll go with his plan and let it play out.

#8283 1 year ago

Slam Tilt podcast is awesome. Easily my favorite pinball podcast with their humor and knowledge of the hobby.

#8284 1 year ago

BTW I got the blue springs from Stern (coordinated by distributor) and the drops work 100%, no bricks anymore.

#8285 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

BTW I got the blue springs from Stern (coordinated by distributor) and the drops work 100%, no bricks anymore.

Yup, the difference really is night and day

#8286 1 year ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

The scuba kick out should hit the dragon tank target. Mine was going sdtm at times, but I just lowered the coil power one number, I think to 15, and it never happens now. Dragon tank hits are valuable so I wouldn’t make changes that avoids the free hit.

#8287 1 year ago

If I owned a hypothetical restaurant and I had a Bond and a Centaur in the waiting area, which one do you think would make more money?

Centaur isn’t even in the same league. This is the kind of stuff that makes Pinside ratings a joke.

IMG_1266 (resized).jpegIMG_1266 (resized).jpeg
#8288 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

If I owned a hypothetical restaurant and I had a Bond and a Centaur in the waiting area, which one do you think would make more money?
Centaur isn’t even in the same league. This is the kind of stuff that makes Pinside ratings a joke.
[quoted image]

Well just because more people would play it, doesn't necessarily make it the better game.

But seriously yeah the top 100 doesn't take into account a lot of factors, it's HEAVILY skewed towards "fan favourites" and games that are popular. It is also easily manipulated by people (when some games get too high, people that don't like it will bombard it with low scores to artificially bring it down again). I still think its a decent, (very) general barometer, but it can never be accurate for everyone, because its totally subjective, and open to easy abuse.

#8289 1 year ago

Its been a while, another JB hand made wooden sign heading to a happy owner . PM me if interested in one. Thanks.

8C014E00-686B-4C45-99A1-65715D236E32 (resized).png8C014E00-686B-4C45-99A1-65715D236E32 (resized).png71E3530B-B680-4C2F-B78B-26F08AD27D69 (resized).png71E3530B-B680-4C2F-B78B-26F08AD27D69 (resized).pngBE95DD7B-2FEA-48BD-95FF-5ABFFCA876DE (resized).pngBE95DD7B-2FEA-48BD-95FF-5ABFFCA876DE (resized).png
#8290 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i havent play it since 0.86...

Get back on it. Since .89, where the Bond...James Bond mini wizard mode was implemented, it's been so much fun.

#8291 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

[quoted image]

The problem is your taking too much stock into ratings which are all varied opinions and not meant to be anything but that. It doesn't mean that pin is better than the other, it's simply the opinion of the folks who rated it. The same people who rated Centaur are not the same who rated Bond most likely.

The problem is not pinside ratings or any type of ratings aggregate site, it's that people use it to mean something that isn't true. These ratings are meaningless, and should be taken in a bubble. They are not accurate cause it's not all the same amount of people nor the same people. The ratings should be viewed solely by looking at the opinions of people on that pin itself, but don't use it to compare games.

#8292 1 year ago

Pinside should cancel/reset the ratings for a new game when the code hits 1.0. Its just not the same game anymore.

#8293 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The problem is your taking too much stock into ratings which are all varied opinions and not meant to be anything but that. It doesn't mean that pin is better than the other, it's simply the opinion of the folks who rated it. The same people who rated Centaur are not the same who rated Bond most likely.
The problem is not pinside ratings or any type of ratings aggregate site, it's that people use it to mean something that isn't true. These ratings are meaningless, and should be taken in a bubble. They are not accurate cause it's not all the same amount of people nor the same people. The ratings should be viewed solely by looking at the opinions of people on that pin itself, but don't use it to compare games.

I take 0 stock in pinside ratings or using it for comparatives but some people do. It’s like the whole Zillow paradigm, people take actual stock in Zillow prices and it actually drives house pricing in the area, but the Zillow algorithm logic is laughable at best.

All I’m saying is that this is a great example for not caring about pinside ratings.

#8294 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

[quoted image]

Bond is better but not for the reasons you state. Reviews by people who play pinball and random people dropping quarters into a machine because of a theme or license are 2 entirely different circumstances.
If you had Firepower next to a Back to the Future which one is going to make more money and which one is a better game?

#8295 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Bond is better but not for the reasons you state. Reviews by people who play pinball and random people dropping quarters into a machine because of a theme or license are 2 entirely different circumstances.
If you had Firepower next to a Back to the Future which one is going to make more money and which one is a better game?

A machine is going to get more quarters from return customers, people return if they like the game play, not because of the initial view of the IP (although I concede that it’s a factor). The restaurant example is a bad one, I should have used a bar as an example. An establishment that gets usual customers.

#8296 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I take 0 stock in pinside ratings or using it for comparatives but some people do. It’s like the whole Zillow paradigm, people take actual stock in Zillow prices and it actually drives house pricing in the area, but the Zillow algorithm logic is laughable at best.
All I’m saying is that this is a great example for not caring about pinside ratings.

Nah ratings are fine, the problem is them being listed in a top 100 which causes people to compare. These things are not meant to be compared, they should not be ranked or put into charts which forces comparisons.

Lot of old movies for example on Rotten tomatoes, only a handful of reviews can be accounted for as most were published in papers and lost in time, so you got classics with mediocre to bad ratings on the site. While then you got a bad new movie come out, has hundreds of reviews from every little site, and it's rated higher than a classic film. It's just not a fair comparison and just needs to be ignored.

Any rating system that at least doesn't involve the exact same people rating the same item fairly is going to be bogus.

#8297 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Same!!
For the record, received my blue drop target springs from the distro today and it definitively fixes the problem of bricking!!

I had the same problem, total bricks every hard shot to the drop targets. This was occurring on two of my Sterns, 007 and another. (the only ones I have with drop targets) I called Stern Tech Support. Turns out that both machines were out of warrantee, no surprise there since they only have 60 day warrantees anyway... (def not happy with the current terms!) Anyway, out of the kindness of their hearts they sent me two sets of Blue drop target springs. Seems to have fixed my problems as well.

I went the "replace rather than modify" route because I was concerned with how long the modified springs would last considering that they would be under serious tension even while the springs at their shortest (drop targets down) since 20 to 25 percent of the overall length has been effectively removed from the spring. The new blue springs are the same length as the original red springs but definitely stronger and just like the red originals, the replacement springs are mostly relaxed when target is down. Since the tension is lower it seems to me that the spring will last longer. At $0.75 each, I figure replacing is cheap insurance against unanticipated breakage - even if Stern doesn't replace them under warranty.

In my case, Stern did right by me, cost nothing but an email and I had two sets of springs in my hands the very next day (sent via fedex, no charge). Really great customer service and I'm really happy with the final results!

#8298 1 year ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

Pinside should cancel/reset the ratings for a new game when the code hits 1.0. Its just not the same game anymore.

Ditto

#8299 1 year ago

Sooo if the mystery is called "high stakes" shouldn't there be stuff in there thats bad.

- "Lose all collected bond women"
- 0.5x playfield multiplier for 30s

Im down, make me tilt I say

#8300 1 year ago

Has anybody got all the skill shots in a single game? Does it do anything special if you do?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

12,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shreveport, LA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 16,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 333.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.