IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 312.
#8051 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckie007:

Yep, I totally agree! Adding “Another Way to Die” to a future miniwizard mode would be a terrific addition.
I love the Moby theme that pairs with the Bond James Bond event. It kind of comes out of nowhere and totally surprises the player with its departure from the Connery Bond soundtrack. I have only reached it twice, but it’s the best moment in the game so far. Well, at least for me.
What does one have to complete in the game in order to activate BJB? Is it just reaching a certain score or hitting a required number of combo or other shots?

I always reference the rules sheet at Tilt Forums for this kind of question, they are super helpful:
http://tiltforums.com/t/james-bond-007-rulesheet/7893

The left eject and right ramp light to start “Bond… James Bond” Multiball after achieving all four of the following tasks:

-Start a Villain mode.
-Start a Henchmen mode.
-Start Bird One Multiball.
-Start Jetpack Multiball.

The goal of this 2-ball mini-wizard mode is to build the value of the super jackpot by shooting everything. With 70 seconds of unlimited ball save, and all switches scoring 100k, the player must shoot 10 lit shots (worth 2.5M or 5M for side loop shots) to light the side ramp for the super jackpot, worth the jackpot total and capping at 100M. Shots to the side loop count 2 shots towards this total. Once the super jackpot is scored, or time runs out, the mini-wizard mode ends and the player returns to single-ball play.

The "side loop" that counts 2 shots is the Bond Girl loop.

#8052 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I always reference the rules sheet at Tilt Forums for this kind of question, they are super helpful:
http://tiltforums.com/t/james-bond-007-rulesheet/7893
The left eject and right ramp light to start “Bond… James Bond” Multiball after achieving all four of the following tasks:
-Start a Villain mode.
-Start a Henchmen mode.
-Start Bird One Multiball.
-Start Jetpack Multiball.
The goal of this 2-ball mini-wizard mode is to build the value of the super jackpot by shooting everything. With 70 seconds of unlimited ball save, and all switches scoring 100k, the player must shoot 10 lit shots (worth 2.5M or 5M for side loop shots) to light the side ramp for the super jackpot, worth the jackpot total and capping at 100M. Shots to the side loop count 2 shots towards this total. Once the super jackpot is scored, or time runs out, the mini-wizard mode ends and the player returns to single-ball play.
The "side loop" that counts 2 shots is the Bond Girl loop.

Thank you! I didn’t know about the availability of rule sheets on the Tilt Forums. It’s so nice to be properly informed.

#8053 10 months ago
Quoted from deceptibum:

I’ve experienced the wand issue myself also. I’ve tightened the nut underneath that hold all the washers and that seemed to make the wand more reliable (at least it moves now) over the past updates since .80, but I still have some issues after the first jetpack multi ball. Sometimes it goes too far back and the magnet won’t pick up the ball resting against the raised post or it doesn’t go back far enough. I wish I could diagnose this more but as a very average player, most times I can’t even get to the second round of jetpack multiball to see if the wand is behaving consistently. Seems to test fine during the motor test and calibration test in the service menu

I guess I'm a little hesitant to get in there and monkey around with the mechanics of it since it didn't do it on .90 or .91 which is why I think it may be software.

#8054 10 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I had a similar problem with the lockdown bar button on my Bond LE. Here is how I fixed mine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/64#post-7400903
Gord

I tried that a while back with no change. It's something in the wiring down the line

#8055 10 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I guess I'm a little hesitant to get in there and monkey around with the mechanics of it since it didn't do it on .90 or .91 which is why I think it may be software.

^ smart

#8056 10 months ago

Well, this might explain why my actions button never worked. Tucked neatly inside a wire holder so it was hard to see. Another fine example of Stern's top notch quality control.

IMG_20230608_191045954_HDR~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230608_191045954_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
#8057 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Well, this might explain why my actions button never worked. Tucked neatly inside a wire holder so it was hard to see. Another fine example of Stern's top notch quality control.
[quoted image]

Good catch, that will definitely cause your issue.

Gord

#8058 10 months ago

Ok I didn't see this in the thread.

What are the words that are said at the start of Jetpack Multiball? The filtered sound that is slurred with the music?
Is it supposed to be "JETPACK"?

I can't quite make it out.

#8059 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

[quoted image]

That’s nothing. I had an entire turntable of wiring sheared off with my BM66.

Shit happens. Fix it up and get going.

#8060 10 months ago

Yes, fixing that action button helped.

IMG_20230608_205727752_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230608_205727752_HDR (resized).jpg
#8061 10 months ago

Having got so far tonight I've got a couple questions:

1. Once you've played all the villains, is that it? They don't cycle back to play again?

2. I had the 7x Playfield lit but didn't realize it until just before it went out. Does it light up for a short period of time after you've played all the villains?

#8062 10 months ago

Wow how are you guys getting such high scores!? I've only just got the game I know, but I find it very hard to get over 200 million.

I need to seriously up my game!

#8063 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

1. Once you've played all the villains, is that it? They don't cycle back to play again?

There will be a villain wizard mode but it's not in the code yet. Same for henchmen.

#8064 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

You'll get there I was stuck on a GC of 445M for weeks and then finally cracked it with 687M. 4 games into the new code i achieved 845M. Still yet to crack into the "Billy" club.

#8065 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Wow how are you guys getting such high scores!? I've only just got the game I know, but I find it very hard to get over 200 million.

The biggest difference is probably intention.

Are you ensuring every shot has a purpose?
Are you starting bird/jet pack only during a stack with villain/henchmen/Q?
Are you intentionally using the multiplier during a stack?
When it is stuck on Blofeld are you making sure you have jet pack ready for specific stack of blofeld/jet pack?
Are you shooting harder shots (L orbit, loop, henchmen) during multiball ball save and saving the easy ones (center, R ramp, jet pack eject) for when ball save ends?

#8066 10 months ago

I love the new game code. what a difference in game play. Looks like Sterns wants this game to go to the top of the list!!!! It's getting there!!!

#8067 10 months ago
Quoted from heylou:

I love the new game code. what a difference in game play. Looks like Sterns wants this game to go to the top of the list!!!! It's getting there!!!

Gomez has mentioned a couple of times he wants to do a Goldfinger LE/Edition.

If he wants to bring that out then he will want Bond to be awesome, before launching another version.

#8068 10 months ago

I played at 5am before work. As good as just about everything has been in Spike2 era, especially during honeymoon phase- I haven't felt a "must play, screw going back to sleep" title since SW. The multipliers, flow, number of modes, and even the theme integration now- are so addictive.

#8069 10 months ago

1.9 billion game last night. Lots of fun building a multiplier and deciding when to use it.

#8070 10 months ago

My Bond Premium went from red-headed stepchild to first-born status. A masterpiece. Scores were balanced when multipliers added. Perfect timing.

So what’s left? I love the idea of giving each movie its own mini-wizard mode when it’s villian, henchman, gadget and girl are all collected. Then a wiz mode for all girls, for all villains, for all henchmen, and for all gadgets, with a final mode for all movies.

#8071 10 months ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

When it is stuck on Blofeld are you making sure you have jet pack ready for specific stack of blofeld/jet pack?
Are you shooting harder shots (L orbit, loop, henchmen) during multiball ball save and saving the easy ones (center, R ramp, jet pack eject) for when ball save ends?

Homer1 (resized).pngHomer1 (resized).png
#8072 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You'll get there I was stuck on a GC of 445M for weeks and then finally cracked it with 687M. 4 games into the new code i achieved 845M. Still yet to crack into the "Billy" club.

It's funny. All five high scores on our 007 have my initials and range between 515M and 585M. All five! Won't be able to install the code and play again until next weekend. So I'm very curious how those top scores will be affected, if at all.

Without getting too philosophical here, I really don't care much about the final score. I just want to play well and experience more of the modes and wizards that a game has to offer. Getting into a flow of 3-8 consecutive combo shots is definitely a pleasure.

Ty philosophy (resized).pngTy philosophy (resized).png
#8073 10 months ago

The premium LE just got a little better with the heightened importance of Bond girls loop. The clean controlled feed of bird one multiball start with three consecutive tries is way better than pro auto plunge. Not exactly a projector screen game changer of course, but nice addition to Prem/LE

#8074 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

If he wants to bring that out then he will want Bond to be awesome, before launching another version.

I certainly hope that this game reaches the awesome level, but I would be surprised if Goldfinger LE happens. My dealer still has the Thunderball LE in stock.

#8075 10 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I certainly hope that this game reaches the awesome level, but I would be surprised if Goldfinger LE happens. My dealer still has the Thunderball LE in stock.

Just repeating what Gomez has said. If they keep pumping out code like the latest update they could pull it off, a few more updates like this last one and it should boost sales big time.

More Connery audio and video assets would be a huge bonus, Bond girl clips which obviously contain connery so that’s a two for one adding more connery into the game. Just more theme assets and better integration with the attention to detail the latest update brought.

#8076 10 months ago

Quick question for the people who have seen many stuff on the code but haven't come out yet on the latest updates: any Sean Connery call outs that are hidden in the code yet to be announced or nothing at all?

#8077 10 months ago

For those that log into Insider Connected when they play Bond, do you think the new "Attache Case" combo achievements are ridiculously easy to get? I think I got the highest "Attache Case Platinum" (5 combos) in the first or second game I played on the new code and I'm not an amazing player. I'd like to see them add more, like 6-way, 7-way, 8-way combo achievements.

#8078 10 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Quick question for the people who have seen many stuff on the code but haven't come out yet on the latest updates: any Sean Connery call outs that are hidden in the code yet to be announced or nothing at all?

I have gotten to the end of Mr. Osato and the clip of the car dropping from the magnet/helicopter plays as Bond says... it is but a drop in the ocean (or something close). At the end of the Rosa knife shoe fight Bond says... she's had her kicks... I would hope the rest are the same way, with the quirky bond quotes.

Maybe you're talking about different callouts or maybe those examples aren't callouts at all...

#8079 10 months ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

I have gotten to the end of Mr. Osato and the clip of the car dropping from the magnet/helicopter plays as Bond says... it is but a drop in the ocean (or something close). At the end of the Rosa knife shoe fight Bond says... she's had her kicks... I would hope the rest are the same way, with the quirky bond quotes.
Maybe you're talking about different callouts or maybe those examples aren't callouts at all...

I think call outs are just short audio/video clips of no more than three seconds. Those examples are video clips that are strung together from a mode and it’s accompanying video/audio that last at least 30 seconds. So, yeah, I think they’re very different.

#8080 10 months ago

I decided to order a premium because of the encouraging code!

#8081 10 months ago

The code for this game continues to get better and better. I figure this game will be a hot item very soon if not already there. It has come a long way in such a short period of time.

#8082 10 months ago

G#%*damn Tom Jones!

That greedy bastard is the only thing that stands between us and Thunderball.

#8083 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

G#%*damn Tom Jones!
That greedy bastard is the only thing that stands between us and Thunderball.

He's such a classic artist...... LMFAO!!!

#8084 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I think call outs are just short audio/video clips of no more than three seconds. Those examples are video clips that are strung together from a mode and it’s accompanying video/audio that last at least 30 seconds. So, yeah, I think they’re very different.

Agree. Callouts are audio clips that respond most specifically to the pinball play/shot/motion. "Stop shaking the game" etc. Cool oneliners are not necessarily callouts.

#8085 10 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

Agree. Callouts are audio clips that respond most specifically to the pinball play/shot/motion. "Stop shaking the game" etc. Cool oneliners are not necessarily callouts.

Thanks for the clarification.
There are already call outs for "stop shaking the game", so what are some other call outs that could possibly go into Bond that aren't there already?

#8086 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

A Goldfinger Le pinball machine that doesn't play Goldfinger! Lol

#8087 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

If they charge 25k for it like Elvira 40th, there’s no reason Stern can’t pay up for the song.

#8088 10 months ago

Not sure if anyone else noticed it yet or if I'm just annoyed due to my interest in details... but Stern made a silly decision and only half-lit the PF multiplier insert. Watch it flash next time you play, you'll see what I mean.

Screenshot_20230610_023630_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230610_023630_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20230610_024000_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230610_024000_Gallery (resized).jpg

I played around with some ideas to correct this, check out my thread over here and lmk if you want me to make this available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/007-pf-multiplier-light-corrector-mod

#8089 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Not sure if anyone else noticed it yet or if I'm just annoyed due to my interest in details... but Stern made a silly decision and only half-lit the PF multiplier insert. Watch it flash next time you play, you'll see what I mean.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I played around with some ideas to correct this, check out my thread over here and lmk if you want me to make this available.

That's odd. I didn't notice mine until right before it went out but I'm pretty sure the entire thing was lit up.

#8090 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

....sort of like a Jurassic Park or Jaws without any movie assets?

#8091 10 months ago

We were playing the new code and it appeared any time we hit the action button to start multipliers the pf multiplier insert lit. It says on the playfield 7x when lit but it lit up for any x in progress. Strange

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

#8092 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good eye, I thought that looked poorly lit but hadn't been under the hood. I'll rig something up myself from parts on hand, but I'm sure folks would throw $20 or so at that.

Now what we NEED is a good fix for that damn loop not registering on fast shots. It was a minor annoyance when it did nothing; now its really pissing me off when I don't activate multiplier. Buddy of mine just bought a laser cutter, so I'm gonna see if I can figure out a good way to mount a lane cap like they did for Rush. Not the best spot for it though.

#8093 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Damn. I didn’t bother to look under the play field and just assumed that it lit partially based on your multiplier number. Meaning that it wouldn’t fully light until you hit 7X scoring.

What an absurd decision.

#8094 10 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Good eye, I thought that looked poorly lit but hadn't been under the hood. I'll rig something up myself from parts on hand, but I'm sure folks would throw $20 or so at that.
Now what we NEED is a good fix for that damn loop not registering on fast shots. It was a minor annoyance when it did nothing; now its really pissing me off when I don't activate multiplier. Buddy of mine just bought a laser cutter, so I'm gonna see if I can figure out a good way to mount a lane cap like they did for Rush. Not the best spot for it though.

Yes! Someone needs to make a mod for this, every owner would buy one.

I had a shot in the Bond woman lane that didn’t register and I had all 6 women lit. Super annoying.

It wouldn’t even be much, just a clear rectangle piece is all we would need. There are two posts near it that would be useful in securing it down.

Any moders out there want to build us one?

#8095 10 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

There was a problem with that on Rush that could be fixed by putting a thin strip of felt padding along the top of the curve where the switch is. It doesn't allow the ball to ride up and forces it down onto the switch.

#8096 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

There was a problem with that on Rush that could be fixed by putting a thin strip of felt padding along the top of the curve where the switch is. It doesn't allow the ball to ride up and forces it down onto the switch.

On the side rail?

#8097 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

There was a problem with that on Rush that could be fixed ...

This fixed the inner loop switch not being hit on my Rush (FWIW):

Rush Inner Loop Assist & Soft Plunge Corrector | Pinside Shops
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector

#8098 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Yeah this solution (combined with an MRS) worked on my Rush so I might try the felt. I also have a local friend with a laser cutter so might call on him for a lane cover, which a lot of other folks has success with on Rush also.

I'll keep you guys posted on the light mod once finalized; details along the way will go in that dedicated thread I linked above. Tournament today so won't be able to work it til tomorrow.

#8099 10 months ago

dup

#8100 10 months ago

If they do a gold version they need to do like 100 and more money sle so it doesn’t hurt le buyers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,100 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.