IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg
Code (resized).png
SP (resized).png
IMG_6525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6524 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 309.
#7951 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what you are saying is…use it or lose it?

Yes ha, exactly but only the ones you collected you will lose.

Each solid bond woman = 1x when you hit the button, and all the solid ones unlight and start over if you drain.

#7952 10 months ago

Yes ha, exactly but only the ones you collected you will lose.
Each solid bond woman = 1x when you hit the button, and all the solid ones unlight and start over if you drain.</blockquote

This!

Once again, got to thank the early pinsiders who so heavily trash a game on beginning code. Kills the game price while the code is still being developed and the games are still for sale with the distributors. Allowed me to get a nice deal on a pro. At 0.92, this code is really starting to rock. Played about a dozen games. The play field multipliers are going to be excellent. Got to hear Diamonds are Forever. I hope more songs are coming as well.

With 8 more updates like this past one, this game is going to be spectacular.

#7953 10 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

From the games I put on it tonight I think I figured out (assuming factory settings) that it works like this:
When you light a bond woman it will be lit flashing.
Each time you hit the loop it collects one lit flashing one and turns it solid. You get one to turn solid per loop, so if you have three flashing, you need 3 loops to collect them each (one per loop).
Any bond woman you turn solid will be used when you hit the action button…so if you have 3 flashing for example and hit a loop, you have 2x when you hit the button. Another loop turns another solid and then you have 3x when you hit the button and so on.
Any solid woman you collect when you drain, if you didn’t use the multiplier that ball, you lose them and have to start over. Any flashing remain flashing on the next ball.
There’s probably a simpler way to explain this but I’m very tired.

Great description, sleepy man! Hope you got some rest. This is consistent with what I saw in a bunch of games last night. Flashing carries over, solid you lose what you don't use.

#7954 10 months ago

This update totally up’d the fun factor. Isn’t there 7 multiballs currently? 4 of the Q Branch modes that turn into MBs, plus Jet Pack, Bird one and Bond..James Bond.
Can’t wait to see what’s still to come.

D0E6B11E-3B2B-406A-930A-DFB7F129C415 (resized).jpegD0E6B11E-3B2B-406A-930A-DFB7F129C415 (resized).jpeg
#7955 10 months ago

Only had time to put two games on the new code last night but it is a phenomenal update. Had a 200 mill Bond James Bond mode and started a 3x right at the start. The scores are definitely about to start getting crazy. Also it’s starting to have a lot of paths to big scores (reminiscent of B66 imo).

A582A7ED-D185-4AE0-94A3-E88E79E4FA31 (resized).jpegA582A7ED-D185-4AE0-94A3-E88E79E4FA31 (resized).jpeg
#7956 10 months ago

New code= good. IMO if Stern can finish/polish up the code this has the potential to be a top 10 game.

#7957 10 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning/afternoon everyone,
Not yet in the club, but I've been considering it since I'm a huge Bond fan. But the one thing that bothered me on the first reveals was the music variety. With the range of movie this machine covers, they have a lot of music source material to work with, but the first release of the code did not include them.
Has this changed, or do we have any indication this will change ?
Cheers

There’s a ton of classic John Barry tunes already coded into the game.

As far as Connery bond title themes, all of them except Goldfinger and Thunderball are in there, so they’ll show up in the game eventually.

I do not expect Goldfinger or Thunderball to suddenly show up. They are too expensive.

#7958 10 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

New code= good. IMO if Stern can finish/polish up the code this has the potential to be a top 10 game.

Don’t start with that!!

Mentioning the top 100 makes people angry and thirsty.

#7959 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As far as Connery bond title themes, all of them except Goldfinger and Thunderball are in there, so they’ll show up in the game eventually.
I do not expect Goldfinger or Thunderball to suddenly show up. They are too expensive.

Gomez said Thunderball and Goldfinger aren’t happening. The cost was more than the entire license itself.

#7960 10 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Gomez said Thunderball and Goldfinger aren’t happening. The cost was more than the entire license itself.

He said that there is a chance more music will be added if they can strike a deal. Not sure if those two songs where what he was talking about, but more songs might be on the way.

#7961 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

He said that there is a chance more music will be added if they can strike a deal. Not sure if those two songs where what he was talking about, but more songs might be on the way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more, but GG called out those two very specifically.

#7962 10 months ago

Best we can hope for is orchestral versions. If the 2 complete songs were too expensive during initial negotiations they will be too expensive now.

Quoted from Desmodromic:

I wouldn't be surprised to see more, but GG called out those two very specifically.

#7963 10 months ago

Hey all. Sorry in advance, but I have the same old question. I'm seriously looking to get in this club, so Pro or Premium? I have played both, but about 90% more on the Pro than Prem. With the Premium, I know we gain the ball lock tower spiral, Bond on a wand and the scuba toy. Am I missing anything? Are there any existing additional modes included on the premium or at least premium-only modes planned in the future? Thanks!

#7964 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Best we can hope for is orchestral versions. If the 2 complete songs were too expensive during initial negotiations they will be too expensive now.

I would be good with the orchestral versions , at least we’d have something from all the movies.

One can hope.

#7965 10 months ago

Also the premium has a different translite - You only live twice. Thats it, what you mentioned and the translite. Same modes in both.

Quoted from Npbassman:

Hey all. Sorry in advance, but I have the same old question. I'm seriously looking to get in this club, so Pro or Premium? I have played both, but about 90% more on the Pro than Prem. With the Premium, I know we gain the ball lock tower spiral, Bond on a wand and the scuba toy. Am I missing anything? Are there any existing additional modes included on the premium or at least premium-only modes planned in the future? Thanks!

#7966 10 months ago

Quoted from Rhart51:

I would be good with the orchestral versions , at least we’d have something from all the movies.
One can hope.

Yeah, we've had "Dawn Raid on Fort Knox" tied to a mode for a while, which has the a lot of the same central riff. Maybe we'll see more.

#7967 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Fingers crossed they add more and specifically some version of the two mentioned.

When you think about it the fact that they have everything but those two is a bit absurd and would bring some present day relevance to these songs.
Not saying they should just play along and make them free to Stern but be reasonable with cost to be part of something somewhat limited and provide the complete Iconic Connery 007 experience.

I kind of view this situation a bit different than the LZ Stairway omission.

#7968 10 months ago

Amazed at how much better the game is with the new update (and I liked the shots from the beginning). Everything is more rewarding, more engaging and just more fun. Well done Bond team!

#7969 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yeah, we've had "Dawn Raid on Fort Knox" tied to a mode for a while, which has the a lot of the same central riff. Maybe we'll see more.

I’m hoping we get some of those video clips from dawn raid.

#7970 10 months ago

Yea the action suites or orchestra versions I would imagine they have access too already

#7971 10 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I own a premium but have played the pro. IMO this ones a no brainer for the pro. You are not losing anything beyond what you arlready mentioned with the exception of the horrible art package. I believe a pro with the alternate translite, good side blades, and a shaker motor would be superior (and cheaper) than the Premium.

#7972 10 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

From the games I put on it tonight I think I figured out (assuming factory settings) that it works like this:
When you light a bond woman it will be lit flashing.
Each time you hit the loop it collects one lit flashing one and turns it solid. You get one to turn solid per loop, so if you have three flashing, you need 3 loops to collect them each (one per loop).
Any bond woman you turn solid will be used when you hit the action button…so if you have 3 flashing for example and hit a loop, you have 2x when you hit the button. Another loop turns another solid and then you have 3x when you hit the button and so on.
Any solid woman you collect when you drain, if you didn’t use the multiplier that ball, you lose them and have to start over. Any flashing remain flashing on the next ball.
There’s probably a simpler way to explain this but I’m very tired.

This is what I came up with as well. I'm still trying to figure out how the timer works, but I only have 2 games on the new code and one of them was after a few beers.

#7973 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kind of wonder why these two specifically are so expensive. I was hoping personally for all main themes to be played at various stages. The Bond theme, while great, kinds of get repetitive after many hours

That said, if someone has a link to a gameplay video with the latest game code, to assess music variety, that would be appreciated.

#7974 10 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Kind of wonder why these two specifically are so expensive. I was hoping personally for all main themes to be played at various stages. The Bond theme, while great, kinds of get repetitive after many hours
That said, if someone has a link to a gameplay video with the latest game code, to assess music variety, that would be appreciated.

I think we all hoped for all of them. I was a little surprised to hear Diamonds are Forever in the game as GG said the demands from Shirley Bassey's team were the driver for Goldfinger not being there. Hard to know what happens behind the scenes with any given licensor. Some are super open, some are not, that seems clear.

#7975 10 months ago

This one was last night with the new code:
https://www.twitch.tv/pinsandpirates/video/1839777968

Quoted from Ashram56:

#7976 10 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Having to license the songs separate with Tom Jones and Shirley who apparently ask for lot more money to use their music

#7977 10 months ago

I don't expect any more music than what is already in the game.

Go to DJ mixer and scroll through the tracks. That's the music in Stern Bond.

We always complain about everything, but it's 5 movie theme songs (including the classic bond theme from Doctor No) and another half dozen or so classic John Barry orchestral tracks, which are well known and nostalgic for anybody who is anything more than a casual Bond fan.

you'd think that would be enough, but it's never enough.

#7978 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Having to license the songs separate with Tom Jones and Shirley who apparently ask for lot more money to use their music

Diamonds are Forever is Shirley Bassey, and that's actually (finally) in the game now, when you activate scoring X.

We really have zero idea who you have to negotiate with for Goldfinger and Thunderball. It's probably NOT Bassey and Jones, they didn't write them, and they were hired to do those songs by the producers - I'd assume those songs are owned by somebody else. Even if they own the performance rights, that was 60 years ago...lord knows who owns that stuff by now. I'm sure those two had plenty of bills to pay over the past six decades.

#7979 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't expect any more music than what is already in the game.
Go to DJ mixer and scroll through the tracks. That's the music in Stern Bond.
We always complain about everything, but it's 5 movie theme songs (including the classic bond theme from Doctor No) and another half dozen or so classic John Barry orchestral tracks, which are well known and nostalgic for anybody who is anything more than a casual Bond fan.
you'd think that would be enough, but it's never enough.

The world is not enough!

#7980 10 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

The world is not enough!

Best Bond song ever

#7981 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Best Bond song ever

It's not bad. But it's not even the best Brosnan Bond song ever.

That honor would go to Goldeneye.

#7982 10 months ago

This is what I want for music....

Yes, I know it is not from Connery era, but still would be awesome, at least to me, since I grew up playing a crapload of N64 Goldeneye

#7983 10 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

This is what I came up with as well. I'm still trying to figure out how the timer works, but I only have 2 games on the new code and one of them was after a few beers.

I think you get 30 seconds (maybe it was 20) of multiplier once you hit the button. There is a call out along the lines of “your time is almost up” and I want to say a clock ticking sound when you’re down to 10 seconds…

#7984 10 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I think you get 30 seconds (maybe it was 20) of multiplier once you hit the button. There is a call out along the lines of “your time is almost up” and I want to say a clock ticking sound when you’re down to 10 seconds…

Is there an adjustment setting to increase the time that you get with the multiplier active? I know that this seems like cheating to many, but if I can bump up the time that the multiplier is active it may get my wife more interested in playing Bond 007.

Once the Bond girls are blinking they can be made active by shooting the Bond girl (playfield multiplier lane). How do I get the Bond girls inserts to blink? I have done it several times, but I am not sure how I qualified them.

Gord

#7985 10 months ago

I have the Premium version. Is anyone else having an issue where a villain kicks off when you shoot the henchmen ramp? and vice versa?

#7986 10 months ago

<

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You know, as much flack as I’ll get for saying this, the Sheryl Crow song isn’t bad either.

#7987 10 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Is there an adjustment setting to increase the time that you get with the multiplier active? I know that this seems like cheating to many, but if I can bump up the time that the multiplier is active it may get my wife more interested in playing Bond 007.
Once the Bond girls are blinking they can be made active by shooting the Bond girl (playfield multiplier lane). How do I get the Bond girls inserts to blink? I have done it several times, but I am not sure how I qualified them.
Gord

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7988 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Moby theme for BJB miniwizard is tops with me. But I also think the guitar rifs on Jack White's (and Alicia Keys) "Another Way to Die" would be a terrific pairing with another wizard mode.

#7989 10 months ago
Quoted from AutryT:

I have the Premium version. Is anyone else having an issue where a villain kicks off when you shoot the henchmen ramp? and vice versa?

Never seen that. Has it done this since opened NIB or did it just start happening? Either way, I'd ask a pintech. Might be a bad board under the playfield. Probably covered by warranty if that's the case.

#7990 10 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Here’s what sucks. The code is very basic. Hit this, hit the roaming shot, or hit one of two shots.
The reason it’s okay is the layout is so damn good. You have an A+ layout with C- level code.
I so hope Lonnie and co do enough tweaks to give us B level code and this game then falls between 5-15.
If Lyman were on this game, it would be top 3. Tanio could make it a top 5.

I don’t know what the hell Lonnie’s problem is. Sure, he finally did a banger with the Aerosmith code, but he’s known as a lazy coder and there’s a reason people groan when he’s the coder on a game.
Lyman was a huge loss to the industry and that’s the least of the reasons why it sucks he passed away.

#7991 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Never seen that. Has it done this since opened NIB or did it just start happening? Either way, I'd ask a pintech. Might be a bad board under the playfield. Probably covered by warranty if that's the case.

Just recently started and doesn't do it all of the time

#7992 10 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I own a premium but have played the pro. IMO this ones a no brainer for the pro. You are not losing anything beyond what you arlready mentioned with the exception of the horrible art package. I believe a pro with the alternate translite, good side blades, and a shaker motor would be superior (and cheaper) than the Premium.

That's a solid argument and approach. I played a pro and a premium - decided on buying the LE. I dig the Bond on a wand and prefer physical ball locks on most games.

That being said, I've thought about buying a Bond pro (keeping the LE) because it plays so well and the ball locks always release right on top of the upper flipper, setting up a loop or henchmen shot. I think that's slightly preferable to having the ball plunge up to the pops. You can always choose not to have the ball lock on the prem/LE (I haven't done that yet but maybe after code is complete I'll experiment more with settings). Buying a premium would give you the option to lock or release. The game is a flow monster whether the ball locks or releases. You just can't go wrong. But I'd lean toward the pro (*get another translite for $85) and put money toward another pin

#7993 10 months ago

A few .92 multipier questions: does the diamonds are forever song end when the 2X timer runs out after 30 seconds? Does D.A.F. song play during Byrd one or jet pack MB’s if 2X is started during or prior to start?

#7994 10 months ago
Quoted from AutryT:

Just recently started and doesn't do it all of the time

I’ve had mine (premium) since January and have seen this as well. Very very infrequent, so I just chalk it up to a random glitch

#7995 10 months ago

So the Bond girl will flash (no pun intended) when you have completed a portion, and locks when you finally finish the objective?

For example if you hit one right orbit shot the bond girl blinks, and goes solid when you hit 3? And if you only hit 2 of three orbit shots you can retain it to the next ball.

Do I have that right?

#7996 10 months ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

A few .92 multipier questions: does the diamonds are forever song end when the 2X timer runs out after 30 seconds? Does D.A.F. song play during Byrd one or jet pack MB’s if 2X is started during or prior to start?

No. The song takes a back seat to pretty much everything.

Since I was mostly selecting double scoring during multiballs, I didn't hear DAF till several games in.

You still always hear the ticking and the bell though at the end of X scoring.

#7997 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

So the Bond girl will flash (no pun intended) when you have completed a portion, and locks when you finally finish the objective?
For example if you hit one right orbit shot the bond girl blinks, and goes solid when you hit 3? And if you only hit 2 of three orbit shots you can retain it to the next ball.
Do I have that right?

Yes, once you get one blinking then you lock it in with the inner loop. You have to use it before you loose you ball. If it is still blinking, it stays to the next ball until you qualify them.

#7998 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:No. The song takes a back seat to pretty much everything.
Since I was mostly selecting double scoring during multiballs, I didn't hear DAF till several games in.
You still always hear the ticking and the bell though at the end of X scoring.

So song will not play during any multiball modes, henchman, villain, or Q-branch modes. Please tell me it(at least) keeps playing after 2X multiplier timer runs out until end of ball happens?

#7999 10 months ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Please tell me it(at least) keeps playing after 2X multiplier timer runs out until end of ball happens?

It does not.

#8000 10 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Never fear, projecting those two songs will get into the code in the future after it’s all done…Shirley and Tom can’t be left out after all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/160 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.