IMG_4100 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4099 (resized).JPEG
IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,093 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 302.
#701 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

It's not quick unless your distro has an extra. I have heard as long as 6 months due to going through the claim process.

Pray for me

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Ugh. Stern is shipping my LE FedEx. Scheduled for Wednesday. Shipped Wednesday. Peak holiday shipping through FedEx.
Anyone know how long it's likely to take to get a replacement LE when I have to refuse delivery on a pile of FedEx pinball shrapnel?

Same FedEx Wednesday ship date from Stern for my LE, with Wednesday delivery. Two weather delivery exceptions in the two days since shipment.
The game is currently in a little town with -6 (°F) daytime temperature. I’m hoping for things to thaw to allow it to make it home to SoCal.

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

One of my greatest childhood memories was getting to watch Goldfinger with my family when I was roughly ten years old (~1973). Even Speed Racer no longer seemed cool after seeing that car with the ejector seat, machine guns and other goodies. The one scene that has stuck with me to this day was when Bond met Pussy Galore on the plane. I was too young to fully understand at the time, but my mother rolled her eyes and my father laughed until he was red in the face. I don't think I ever saw him laugh harder. In fact I don't think he stopped laughing for weeks and even after that he was on a hair trigger to LOL any time you mentioned her name for decades.
Not that I didn't enjoy the Ten Commandments, Wizard of Oz, Planet of the Apes and other movies we watched as a family, but the Connery Bond movies were always the highlight of the family movie calendar!

I can vividly remember standing outside the Elsinore Theater in Salem, Oregon in 1964 in a line that stretched around the block...to get in to see Goldfinger. And it's still the best one.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Ugh. Stern is shipping my LE FedEx. Scheduled for Wednesday. Shipped Wednesday. Peak holiday shipping through FedEx.
Anyone know how long it's likely to take to get a replacement LE when I have to refuse delivery on a pile of FedEx pinball shrapnel?

Mine arrived last week from FedEx and it looked like someone ran a forklift into it. I had to refuse delivery, but lucky for me my distributor has another one he’s going to ship either next week or the week after. I can’t wait to play it! Fingers crossed yours arrives in good condition!

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Mine arrived last week from FedEx and it looked like someone ran a forklift into it. I had to refuse delivery, but lucky for me my distributor has another one he’s going to ship either next week or the week after. I can’t wait to play it! Fingers crossed yours arrives in good condition!

Was that Flip N Out? Caught Zach's podcast and hear from mention that with one.

#706 1 year ago

I really think this owners club thread needs a more clever title.
It's freaking James bond!

Just an old man's opinion..

Like "From Stern with Love"

Haha.

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Was that Flip N Out? Caught Zach's podcast and hear from mention that with one.

No, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people are having issues with the holiday rush this year.

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

No, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people are having issues with the holiday rush this year.

Yeah, it was honestly stupid of stern not to just wait until new years at this point. Simply asking for trouble, ESPECIALLY if they want to use FedEx. Those guys barely keep it together on a slow week.

#709 1 year ago

LE # 413. Safely arrived. Big shout out to Adam and Doug for helping me lug the thing up to my 3rd floor. In Christmas Vacation style… she’s a beaut Clark!!

#710 1 year ago

Like yogi Berra says: nobody ships this time of year! It’s too busy!

#711 1 year ago

588 arrived yesterday. Going to sit next to his boys. So far so good. Bond on a wand was wound so tight it wouldn’t move. Loosened mech and now intermittently has trouble finding home and motor sometimes runs constantly. Seems to be working better now - joys of a new game.
Loving it otherwise

37228C70-DCF4-48C1-B149-60C87A95FB8B (resized).jpeg37228C70-DCF4-48C1-B149-60C87A95FB8B (resized).jpegF6AF3DC8-7FBF-4880-9DC6-E35F38B78289 (resized).jpegF6AF3DC8-7FBF-4880-9DC6-E35F38B78289 (resized).jpeg
#712 1 year ago

Two hour drive- negative F temps, snow, uphill both ways….

Some people will do anything to get their game in before Christmas.

Looks beautiful against the snow!

A97F3D59-90F4-490D-8928-B632AA837744 (resized).jpegA97F3D59-90F4-490D-8928-B632AA837744 (resized).jpegDD317796-5DAB-43B9-A1FA-342F2551C818 (resized).jpegDD317796-5DAB-43B9-A1FA-342F2551C818 (resized).jpeg
#713 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I applaud your dedication and resolve. Enjoy the game and have a Merry Christmas!

#714 1 year ago

That car load out with the snow picture is priceless.
Show it to non-pinball people!

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Dont be! That's why you bought it.

Fair point! Ok I looked, it's currently at 258. That works out to 26 games per day so far! lol

#716 1 year ago

Ok yall I feel dumb asking this but I can't find any way to track how many balls, lights somewhere, are locked for the bird 1 MB on my pro. What am I missing?

#717 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Ok yall I feel dumb asking this but I can't find any way to track how many balls, lights somewhere, are locked for the bird 1 MB on my pro. What am I missing?

It seems Jet Pack multiball progress is noted with the orange lights on the left orbit just above the spinner. When they are qualified, the light turns solid. Not qualified, still blinking.

I think the only place for Bird One ball lock status is on the flipper instant info screen, that is still not in the game, as of 0.80, which I'm sure is SPECTRE's influence.

Bastards.

#718 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Fair point! Ok I looked, it's currently at 258. That works out to 26 games per day so far! lol

My counter is at 9 and I got mine the same day as you did! The game definitely shoots great but the software is too early for me to play it. I have plenty to keep me busy with Gz, Rush and DP all of which I'm nowhere near tired of. Not to mention a couple of Williams EMs that need to be worked and a lift kit and big wheels that need to be installed on my golf cart. I figure within another month or two Stern will get the go ahead to add the call outs, modes and movie cuts that are so obviously missing. This last software update made a pretty big difference in game rules and lighting, but seems to be lacking a lot of things that need to be approved by the IP holder.

#719 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

You are missing what we are missing which is a status update.

Some day in the future, when you hold the flipper button in for 5 seconds, it will tell you that stuff.

I don’t believe there are any visual representations on the playfield itself that indicate locked balls.

#720 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

My counter is at 9 and I got mine the same day as you did! The game definitely shoots great but the software is too early for me to play it. I have plenty to keep me busy with Gz, Rush and DP all of which I'm nowhere near tired of. Not to mention a couple of Williams EMs that need to be worked and a lift kit and big wheels that need to be installed on my golf cart. I figure within another month or two Stern will get the go ahead to add the call outs, modes and movie cuts that are so obviously missing. This last software update made a pretty big difference in game rules and lighting, but seems to be lacking a lot of things that need to be approved by the IP holder.

Haha yeah my son plays A LOT, he really loves the game -- it's something new for him to dive into and learn everything. Of the 258, probably about 30 are me (when he asks me to play with him), a handful in there from other famlly/friends, and alllll the rest are him lol

#721 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some day in the future, when you hold the flipper button in for 5 seconds, it will tell you that stuff.
I don’t believe there are any visual representations on the playfield itself that indicate locked balls.

For jetpack it does. For bird one, it does not (to my knowledge).

#722 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe not.....I mean Spider-Man is a really polished game and it has no instant info or indicator of how many balls are locked for Black Suit Multiball. Maybe they are just going to count on people remembering how many balls they have locked.

#723 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For jetpack it does. For bird one, it does not (to my knowledge).

Correct.

#724 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

If someone showed up at my house to unload a game like that, I would have a heart attack (especially an LE)!

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If someone showed up at my house to unload a game like that, I would have a heart attack (especially an LE)!

Not gonna happen. I have it on good authority that you were on Santa's "naughty" list this year.

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Congrats, super fun!

Is that the Harbor Freight lift cart? I really need a cart!

#727 1 year ago

Just had the game crash - middle of Mr. Henderson mode and just started Bird One multiball.

Anyone else experience a crash before?

Reminded me of my TMNT when it used to crash during TPMB.

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Just had the game crash - middle of Mr. Henderson mode and just started Bird One multiball.

I haven't had any crashes on the Pro...yet, at least.

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

I was having frequent crashes and freezes on my Rush until popped the SD card out and back in and pressed on all the connectors on the main board, ensuring tight fits. Cleared out any freezes so might be worth a try if you haven't done that yet.

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

I was having frequent crashes and freezes on my Rush until popped the SD card out and back in and pressed on all the connectors on the main board, ensuring tight fits. Cleared out any freezes so might be worth a try if you haven't done that yet.

Could also be a flaky SD card. Stern buys bottom of the barrel SD cards, so it wouldn't be the first time.

#731 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Could also be a flaky SD card. Stern buys bottom of the barrel SD cards, so it wouldn't be the first time.

Does the SD card just store the code that you download for the updates? Or is it different and we should make a backup/image of the SD card contents?

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Does the SD card just store the code that you download for the updates? Or is it different and we should make a backup/image of the SD card contents?

The game code and high scores are on the SD card. The system settings are stored elsewhere.

#733 1 year ago

How did some people get pros if only LEs are released first just wondering

I just can’t seem to fathom the increase for an LE when I could get almost 2 stern pros for a similar price ; wow kudos to those that can afford that!

In the meantime I’ll keep wishing to own a bond pro or premium one day

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

How did some people get pros if only LEs are released first just wondering
I just can’t seem to fathom the increase for an LE when I could get almost 2 stern pros for a similar price ; wow kudos to those that can afford that!
In the meantime I’ll keep wishing to own a bond pro or premium one day

A small run of Pros for location and some lucky homeowners went first, then LEs ran, then Prems. Stern has prioritized location Pros for the last few releases to get the new pins out in the wild and for launch parties ASAP.

#735 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I'm also down for a Premium. Sounds like post Feb at this stage as I've heard nothing more since I last spoke with the distrib not long after launch.

Just looked at AMD site and the date is now March, the original stated price of $14,950 is now $15,500

#736 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Just looked at AMD site and the date is now March, the original stated price of $14,950 is now $15,500

Another price increase? swinks can update his price thread!

Looks like there is still a LE left in Australia.

#737 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Maybe not.....I mean Spider-Man is a really polished game and it has no instant info or indicator of how many balls are locked for Black Suit Multiball.

That game was also over 15 years ago. Pinball has advanced since then.

#738 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Another price increase? swinks can update his price thread!

Looks like there is still a LE left in Australia.

Yeah i don't know what's going on with that. At the start there was pricing for Pro,Prem and LE, don't recall what the Pro was but the Prem was definitely $14,950. Not long after that the Pro and Prem were just showing $TBA and the LE was still showing the price of $20,500 (still the same now) The site was updated within the past day or so with current pricing. I was confirmed to be in the first run of Prem's BUT would not be surprised if i've been bumped out by LE pre-order people changing to Prem's

#739 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah i don't know what's going on with that. At the start there was pricing for Pro,Prem and LE, don't recall what the Pro was but the Prem was definitely $14,950. Not long after that the Pro and Prem were just showing $TBA and the LE was still showing the price of $20,500 (still the same now) The site was updated within the past day or so with current pricing. I was confirmed to be in the first run of Prem's BUT would not be surprised if i've been bumped out by LE pre-order people changing to Prem's

Honestly it is getting so expensive now to buy a new stern, that if you are not in the first batch to come over, you don't really know when you will get your machine, or how much it will cost when you receive it.

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Congrats, super fun!
Is that the Harbor Freight lift cart? I really need a cart!

Yes, Harbor Freight lift-the bigger one- which is great for home use, but it is very heavy. Many people opt for the smaller one, but you need to make some type of handle extension or expect a lot of crouching to use it on your machines.

Cheers!

#741 1 year ago

Anyone having issues on their Le after downloading the new .08 code with the pop bumpers going off randomly?

#742 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Anyone having issues on their Le after downloading the new .08 code with the pop bumpers going off randomly?

Sounds like a coincidence and one of them just needs to be adjusted. Put the game in switch test mode, take the glass off, close the coin door and smack the playfield with your hand firmly in several places and see if they trigger any switches. If so, gap the pop switches a little more so they don't trigger from vibration.

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like a coincidence and one of them just needs to be adjusted. Put the game in switch test mode, take the glass off, close the coin door and smack the playfield with your hand firmly in several places and see if they trigger any switches. If so, gap the pop switches a little more so they don't trigger from vibration.

Will do. Thanks

#744 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Sounds like a coincidence and one of them just needs to be adjusted. Put the game in switch test mode, take the glass off, close the coin door and smack the playfield with your hand firmly in several places and see if they trigger any switches. If so, gap the pop switches a little more so they don't trigger from vibration.

I have turned off the shaker motor, lowered the volume, and tested the coils of the pop bumper. How would I gap the pop switches a little?
I didn't see anything allowing me to adjust the sensitivity of the switches in the settings. Thank for your help.

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

I have turned off the shaker motor, lowered the volume, and tested the coils of the pop bumper. How would I gap the pop switches a little?
I didn't see anything allowing me to adjust the sensitivity of the switches in the settings. Thank for your help.

You have to lift the playfield and physically separate the pop bumper switches a little more. A small flat blade screw driver will work. It will take some trial and error to get the gap correct.

#746 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

You have to lift the playfield and physically separate the pop bumper switches a little more. A small flat blade screw driver will work. It will take some trial and error to get the gap correct.

Oh ok. I understand now. Thanks

#747 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

There's switches with two blades under each pop bumper. You just need to gap the blade(s) a little further apart. But it only needs to be a fraction of a mm more. If you gap them too much, the pops will become too INactive, which is the reverse problem. It's a balance.

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've pulled out after the latest price increase. I was concerned about the game and then going over $15k was the last straw.

#749 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hopefully all the games sold on launch will all arrive on the same container.. I do not think there will be many coming to Australia. Game is super expensive.

#750 1 year ago

well games in Aus are just getting out of reach, while Bond was supposed to be the new price across the line AMD have increased Bond again.

This is what was list 3 months go snapped from the Stern pricing thread.
Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 7.53.45 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-27 at 7.53.45 am (resized).png

and then todays listed prices with the exchange rate today being 27-12-22 is 1 USD = 1.49 AUD. So the dollar has dropped but prices gone up another $500
Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 7.54.16 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-27 at 7.54.16 am (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,093 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/15?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.