Boom.gif
James-Bond-Sean-Connery-Art-by-Peter-Engels-05-scaled (resized).jpg
IMG_4662 (resized).jpeg
Thunderball.gif
IMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3367 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,499 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 310.
#7751 10 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Bourbon in a can? What sort of magical cylinder is this?

The Bourbon and Cola type...yeah i know, the bourbon traditionalists will tear me a new one LOL. I just like to start off sometimes with a premix or 3 before going the full hog

#7752 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The Bourbon and Cola type...yeah i know, the bourbon traditionalists will tear me a new one LOL. I just like to start off sometimes with a premix or 3 before going the full hog

Never mind the traditionalists, man. Jack and coke is a great pinball drink, sugar + caffeine for extra marathon-game energy.

#7753 10 months ago

@arcadem: Nice Lotus car mod. Where is this coming from?

#7754 10 months ago
Quoted from Disruptor71:

arcadem: Nice Lotus car mod. Where is this coming from?

I got mine on eBay for around $40, but put it on my JB60th as it was used in a post Connery movie.

#7755 10 months ago

The Lotus came as a part of a set of 3 figures from Corgi for about $38. I bought it off of Amazon. It was called the "James Bond air, sea, and space collection". Includes the Shuttle and a Little Nellie and the Lotus. I sure you can find it by doing a product search on Amazon.

#7756 10 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Bourbon in a can? What sort of magical cylinder is this?

Ha ha. Plenty of them in Australia!

#7757 10 months ago

Got my Little Nellie installed.

#7758 10 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Got my Little Nelly installed.

Where did you get the Nellie?

#7759 10 months ago
Quoted from Hashman:

My Bond Pro came with a TMNT goodie bag :/

The name's Bond. Raphael Bond.

#7760 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

User on pinside.... biglaw

#7761 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Elmer T. Lee drank his bourbon with Sprite…doesn’t get any more bourbon purist than that. Drink it how you like it!

#7762 10 months ago

I wish I could buy more time in the modes sometimes. Maybe cash in my collected chips from high stakes? I only make it so far in some modes and want to go further if I could hit the action button to cash in chips for more time to make it to the end! It's a chance I'm willing to take.

#7763 10 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Got my Tank mod from Tdiddy yesterday . A nice upgrade from the Stern version. The Tank is slightly larger and has some nice detailing and led lighting. Looks good in my LE.
[quoted image]

Got mine too, great quality but I’m having fitment issues. When I screw the tank down the front flips up above the switch. Reached out to diddy for help.

#7764 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

There's a couple different sellers on Amazon

#7765 10 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Got my Little Nellie installed.

"A toy helicopter? This can only be for children! Don't use it Bond-san; take my helicopter instead."

#7766 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

"A toy helicopter? This can only be for children! Don't use it Bond-san; take my helicopter instead."

One of my fav lines!!

#7767 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I wish I could buy more time in the modes sometimes. Maybe cash in my collected chips from high stakes? I only make it so far in some modes and want to go further if I could hit the action button to cash in chips for more time to make it to the end! It's a chance I'm willing to take.

Yeah, I'd also like some more time to complete modes. The Q modes especially. In the Power Pack mode you have 40 seconds to get the ball in the damn left JB scoop five or six times, I've gotten 3 in there twice in about ten attempts. For that matter, I haven't completed a single Q mode in the time allowed. Of course, I'm just not a great player. So it would be nice to have the timers settable in the Adjustments Menu so you can choose how challenging it is.

#7768 10 months ago

Happy Code Day!

Is the action button now going to gain relevance?

#7769 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Yeah, I'd also like some more time to complete modes. The Q modes especially. In the Power Pack mode you have 40 seconds to get the ball in the damn left JB scoop five or six times, I've gotten 3 in there twice in about ten attempts. For that matter, I haven't completed a single Q mode in the time allowed. Of course, I'm just not a great player. So it would be nice to have the timers settable in the Adjustments Menu so you can choose how challenging it is.

This is already there. Service Menu -> Adjustments -> Feature Adjustments (SPI) -> and check settings 49-58 for Q modes, there are both timers and multiball ball save times (as I recall) for the Q multiball modes. There are also timer adjustments for villain/henchman modes.

These are NOT what Viggin900 was talking about as "earned" timer boosts but baseline timer adjustments. If you just want more time for the modes to make them a little easier for players at your home/location, you can easily adjust them there.

#7770 10 months ago

Happy Code Day!
Is the action button now going to gain relevance?

Gomez has said "next release" so fingers crossed we get one today

#7771 10 months ago

Ready for some new code, lets do it!!!

#7772 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

This is already there. Service Menu -> Adjustments -> Feature Adjustments (SPI) -> and check settings 49-58 for Q modes, there are both timers and multiball ball save times (as I recall) for the Q multiball modes. There are also timer adjustments for villain/henchman modes.
These are NOT what Viggin900 was talking about as "earned" timer boosts but baseline timer adjustments. If you just want more time for the modes to make them a little easier for players at your home/location, you can easily adjust them there.

Thanks, Mark. I might've already made them as easy as possible, LoL, but will take a look again this weekend.

#7773 10 months ago

Thanks, Mark. I might've already made them as easy as possible, LoL, but will take a look again this weekend.

Nice part is, when you scroll through the actual adjustment for a setting there's a spot that pops up and tells you where the Factory Default was. Easy to tune where you and your friends/family like it and adjust at will.

#7774 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Elmer T. Lee drank his bourbon with Sprite …

Eegads! A bourbon icon's image tarnished.

What next?! He liked ketchup on hot dogs too?

#7775 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Eegads! A bourbon icon's image tarnished.
What next?! He liked ketchup on hot dogs too?

For the record I like ketchup on hot dogs!

#7776 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

For the record I like ketchup on hot dogs!

Ugh.

FWIW - little known Bond trivia: he preferred his dogs Chicago style. Steamed in vodka though.

#7777 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Ugh.
FWIW - little known Bond trivia: he preferred his dogs Chicago style. Steamed in vodka though.

LOL

#7778 10 months ago

Hey everyone, newbie pin fan here. I picked up my first machine (maiden pro) here back in March and am looking for my second already! I really like the 007 pro machine and yes, I have read the posts here and on other forums but I wanted to ask here on the owners thread. Is the game getting better with each code update and where do we think it'll land as far as it's final popularity rank goes when the code is all said an done? AiQ or Deadpool range? Will it be as revered as my maiden or JP?

I ask because I LOVE the layout and am seriously considering buying it now when the prices are low just for that. I literally cant get enough of this game when i go on location, but when thinking about longevity and the possibility of resale one day, is it a machine that we think will stand the test of time and be easy to flip later on? Thanks!

#7779 10 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Hey everyone, newbie pin fan here. I picked up my first machine (maiden pro) here back in March and am looking for my second already! I really like the 007 pro machine and yes, I have read the posts here and on other forums but I wanted to ask here on the owners thread. Is the game getting better with each code update and where do we think it'll land as far as it's final popularity rank goes when the code is all said an done? AiQ or Deadpool range? Will it be as revered as my maiden or JP?
I ask because I LOVE the layout and am seriously considering buying it now when the prices are low just for that. I literally cant get enough of this game when i go on location, but when thinking about longevity and the possibility of resale one day, is it a machine that we think will stand the test of time and be easy to flip later on? Thanks!

Popularity is worthless honestly. What you like might not be what someone else likes. For example, I don't like Elwin and Lawlor games. But they are wildly popular designers. I always go by layout. Code can be added/changed. Layout cannot.
I too love the layout of Bond. The shots are fantastic in this game. I went with a Pro as I couldn't justify the price difference. I'd pay $500 maybe $1000 more for a Premium, but for my tastes, I believe the $2700 was unjustified. So instead I bought a Mando topper (because, yeah, $2K on a topper is justified...not really, but it looks cool). I have some Premiums but Bond was not one I had to have as a Premium

#7780 10 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Popularity is worthless honestly. What you like might not be what someone else likes. For example, I don't like Elwin and Lawlor games. But they are wildly popular designers. I always go by layout. Code can be added/changed. Layout cannot.
I too love the layout of Bond. The shots are fantastic in this game. I went with a Pro as I couldn't justify the price difference. I'd pay $500 maybe $1000 more for a Premium, but for my tastes, I believe the $2700 was unjustified. So instead I bought a Mando topper (because, yeah, $2K on a topper is justified...not really, but it looks cool). I have some Premiums but Bond was not one I had to have as a Premium

Dino makes good points as always.

I'd only add that I bought an LE in March. It was a gift to my wife who, in an example how our wives know best, liked the game from the first moment she started playing it. I didn't. The game was very limited at that time because of the incomplete code. I knew it was beautiful, it had an unusual raised right platform with two ramps, and a rocket up at the left that seemed to have little strategic purpose. So I bought it with reluctance...

When James Bond entered our home he was facing stiff competition from a gorgeous Monster Bash SE and a Simpsons pinball party that is a ton of fun. As with the character, this machine seems to get the better of the competition. We play Bond more than any other machine. It's bolted to the floor, as far as I'm concerned. I don't see ever trading or selling it. Heck, I've thought about buying a pro just to have another Bond to experience with different difficulty settings and mods. The LE is a flow monster and the pro is even more so because it doesn't have the ball lock.

So, by all means, follow your instincts and buy a pro. You'll play it over and over.

#7781 10 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

To your specific question about future trade/sale value and ranking, I think it will hold its value and climb the rankings from here. Most owners on here have said they think it's a top ten game if/when the code is complete. I have an AIQ premium and about to get a Zilla premium. Bond is right there with them and Deadpool, JP and IM.

#7782 10 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I think it's a low-risk purchase, especially if you can get one for less than MSRP. It's getting better with every code update (next one expected tonight) and the opinion tide is definitely turning positive. Anyone that reviewed the game before 0.90 code did not see what the game really had to offer. But only buy it if you actually like it. It's difficult to predict how the market will change (seems to be slowing) or how the value of this particular game will change in the future.

#7783 10 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I think it's a low-risk purchase, especially if you can get one for less than MSRP. It's getting better with every code update (next one expected tonight) and the opinion tide is definitely turning positive. Anyone that reviewed the game before 0.90 code did not see what the game really had to offer. But only buy it if you actually like it. It's difficult to predict how the market will change (seems to be slowing) or how the value of this particular game will change in the future.

Bond Pro will be worth 10k in three or four years. But who cares, you are going to want to keep it because it will be a legendary table.

#7784 10 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

We got a LE (our only LE) from the beginning because of theme, layout, and Gomez as the designer (maybe his last design). Have not regretted it, at all, for myself/our family. No issues with play, mechs, etc after a lot of plays. Each code update improves/expands the game a lot. I do think the games value will go up when code is done (like so many other games). Think people are letting their disappointment from an admittedly horrible launch blind them to the quality of the game. No one will remember the launch in 1-2 years.

Get a game that YOU love. It’s your money and you are the one that wants the “one more game” feeling to keep playing and enjoying.

Remember this is supposed to be FUN first and foremost. Get a game because it’s the right game for you and it will make you smile, plain and simple.

I can’t think of another recent Stern game I’d trade my bond for.

#7785 10 months ago

Like from "From Stern with Love"

Quoted from Npbassman:

Buy it to fucking play it!!

Fuck that resale shit!!

It's a great pro!
I'm tapped out on new games or I would buy one.

#7786 10 months ago

5:30 eastern. NO CODE FOR YOU!

5714f3f314a3c8ce1795a858033729baa1-06-soup-nazi.2x.rsocial.w600 (resized).jpg5714f3f314a3c8ce1795a858033729baa1-06-soup-nazi.2x.rsocial.w600 (resized).jpg
#7787 10 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

5:30 eastern. NO CODE FOR YOU!
[quoted image]

It comes out at 6 est but my guess is that it will come out tomorrow since they had memorial day off. Just a hunch.

#7788 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

It comes out at 6 est but my guess is that it will come out tomorrow since they had memorial day off. Just a hunch.

Never smart to release software on a Friday. If not today I suspect not this week.

#7789 10 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Never smart to release software on a Friday. If not today I suspect not this week.

Yup, looks like it will be next week at the earliest.

#7790 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Yup, looks like it will be next week at the earliest.

But… but…. But…. It’s code day…

Hey, if it’s great code we’re waiting for, so be it. Get it right, guys.

#7791 10 months ago

Not today

#7792 10 months ago

My game is downloading a .91.0 as we speak . Not sure but I’m guessing a bug fix

#7793 10 months ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

My game is downloading a .91.0 as we speak . Not sure but I’m guessing a bug fix

0.91.0 was released three weeks ago.

#7794 10 months ago

Tis the time of forks

#7795 10 months ago

Gotcha , just unboxed today and saw .90 and then this update . Makes sense

#7796 10 months ago

I've been going back and watching the Connery Bond films and something dawned on me in relationship with the pinball machine.

In the game, Mr. Henderson is associated with Diamonds are Forever. Even though the playfield says AKA Mr. Henderson, the actor Charles Gray is never called by that name in the movie. However, Charles Gray played Mr. Henderson, a British agent who is murdered, in You Only Live Twice.

Obviously, the game designers couldn't include both Donald Pleasence as the villain Blofeld for Your Only Live Twice and Charles Gray as Blofeld as the villain for Diamonds are Forever. So, did they just hope no one would notice and call Charles Gray AKA Mr. Henderson for the Diamonds are Forever villain even though Mr. Henderson has nothing to do with that movie?

#7797 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I've been going back and watching the Connery Bond films and something dawned on me in relationship with the pinball machine.
In the game, Mr. Henderson is associated with Diamonds are Forever. Even though the playfield says AKA Mr. Henderson, the actor Charles Gray is never called by that name in the movie. However, Charles Gray played Mr. Henderson, a British agent who is murdered, in You Only Live Twice.
Obviously, the game designers couldn't include both Donald Pleasence as the villain Blofeld for Your Only Live Twice and Charles Gray as Blofeld as the villain for Diamonds are Forever. So, did they just hope no one would notice and call Charles Gray AKA Mr. Henderson for the Diamonds are Forever villain even though Mr. Henderson has nothing to do with that movie?

We’ve been over this a few months back.

Me Henderson is a different character in a different movie with the same actor.

It makes absolutely zero sense. I think it was just a mistake, but it’s too late now. No changing the playfield text.

There’s no reason they couldn’t have just gone the “blofeld” and “blofeld 2” route or something. Or just called them both blofeld. We all know there’s 4 different actors who played blofeld in the first 7 movies.

#7798 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We’ve been over this a few months back.
Me Henderson is a different character in a different movie with the same actor.
It makes absolutely zero sense. I think it was just a mistake, but it’s too late now. No changing the playfield text.
There’s no reason they couldn’t have just gone the “blofeld” and “blofeld 2” route or something. Or just called them both blofeld. We all know there’s 4 different actors who played blofeld in the first 7 movies.

Sorry, I must have missed it between pitchforks and lack of updates.

#7799 10 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Sorry, I must have missed it between pitchforks and lack of updates.

We didn’t have a lot to talk about back then. With that said, it’s not worth revisiting

#7800 10 months ago

I actually like that they are taking their time with this update because I think this means it’s a big one. Knowing that the multiplier and Bond girls are in this release makes me think that they are spending a lot of time balancing everything out scoring wise. I read somewhere that the Bond girls are being added last so they can balance everything out. I wouldn’t doubt that this will be the release that sets this thing into motion as far as cohesion goes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Methuen, MA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 23.95
There are 15,499 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.