IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 313.
#7701 11 months ago

At an awesome arcade in San Francisco with 60 pins called free gold watch (stupid name). Wife sees the bond pro and is like what is Dr No pin? I said it’s Bond and she got confused like I didn’t know they made another bond. Stern really jacked that translight up with no bond name. Lol

#7702 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

At an awesome arcade in San Francisco with 60 pins called free gold watch (stupid name). Wife sees the bond pro and is like what is Dr No pin? I said it’s Bond and she got confused like I didn’t know they made another bond. Stern really jacked that translight up with no bond name. Lol

Yeah, Dr. No was a stupid decision for the Pro translite. I swapped to the James Bond 007 one from one of the users here, and it 100% should have stock (or something similar).

#7703 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yes, saw the same thing at the Louisville show. A group of late teens walked by and said "What is Dr. No? like that was the theme. They could have just just the same artwork with James Bond 007 as the title.

#7704 11 months ago

Update: power pack mode will NOT trigger if you have Jet Pack set to easy (two shots for first muliti, default is currently extra easy/1 shot). Changed back to factory/extra easy and it triggered right off after JPM like it is supposed to. Did not test other settings.

#7705 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Yes, saw the same thing at the Louisville show. A group of late teens walked by and said "What is Dr. No? like that was the theme. They could have just just the same artwork with James Bond 007 as the title.

Yeah, I had a bunch of non-pinball guys over last week, everyone said " that thunderball machine is pretty cool"

#7706 11 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Update: power pack mode will NOT trigger if you have Jet Pack set to easy (two shots for first muliti, default is currently extra easy/1 shot). Changed back to factory/extra easy and it triggered right off after JPM like it is supposed to. Did not test other settings.

Thx, yeah that's a bug!

#7707 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I think "Free Gold Watch" is a very deep-cut 80's reference. If you're familiar with it, it's a great name.

Norris_and_Cressner (resized).jpgNorris_and_Cressner (resized).jpg
#7708 11 months ago
Quoted from Disruptor71:

Next code update on Friday?
What will be in there?

Quoted from Nicholastree:

Thursday would be the usual day. I've given up on trying to guess what they give us next. At least we know the Q gadgets are pretty much done. Would be nice to have Bond Girls. Or at least a wizard mode for when you get all six henchmen or villains. And then there are the multipliers many have been calling for...

George Gomez said the next release will include the action button driven playfield multiplier. I think this is how the Bond Girls fit into the game. You qualify levels of multiplier by hitting the Bond Girl shot and then you invoke it using the action button. Sounds fun, really looking forward to this added strategic dimension.

Might be wishful thinking, but fingers crossed for this Thursday!

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 1.51.59 PM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-05-29 at 1.51.59 PM (resized).jpg

#7709 11 months ago

Just installed these side rails I picked up at Pinfest looks nice on the game.

20230529_123035 (resized).jpg20230529_123035 (resized).jpg20230529_123059 (resized).jpg20230529_123059 (resized).jpg
#7710 11 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

[quoted image][quoted image]

They are so cool! Do they sell them online by any chance?

#7711 11 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Yep - I think they add a nice touch too!

Pinside_forum_7498041_3318694 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7498041_3318694 (resized).jpg
#7712 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckie007:

I had a bit of a problem with the ball getting deflected by the spinner before it headed up the left orbit. I tweaked the spinner bracket and this helped, but some of my shots still changed direction (or bricked) after hitting the spinner.
I also experienced right flipper fade for the first time. After about 20-30 minutes of play, it became more difficult to hit shots up the ramp at the back of the game. Eventually, even my cleanest hits only made it part way up the ramp. I guess the flipper coil became too hot and lost some of its power. I checked the power settings for the right flipper and it was set to its default setting (255). This is as high as it could be set.
Any suggestions besides letting the coil cool down? I see there are flipper coil cooling kits available.

Well, I finally discovered why I was having problems making shots through the left orbit spinner and completely up the ramp at the back of the machine.

At first I thought it was a combination of a misaligned spinner and eventual flipper power fade as I played for longer sessions. Then I inspected the right flipper assembly more closely and discovered that the coil stop was defective.

PinMonk recommended that I inspect the flipper coil stops because they are prone to failure on Stern machines. Thank you, PinMonk!!!

I have ordered 3 new coil stops from Pinball Life ($5 each) to replace the ones supplied by Stern. I am also ordering flipper coil cooling fans from PinMonk.

Since I have only owned my 007 Pro for two weeks, I am not sure if I have ever played a game with the full power of my right flipper.

#7713 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - I think they add a nice touch too![quoted image]

Agree they are pretty.

IMG_3366 (resized).jpegIMG_3366 (resized).jpeg
#7714 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Agree they are pretty.
[quoted image]

Do those come colormatched to the LE ? Where can I order a set.

#7715 11 months ago

Anyone know why the PREMIUM Bond ratings aren't being included in the top 100 by this point? Bond was released much earlier than FOO, yet the latter already has all 3 levels of its game included in the tabulations. Is it just because owners are waiting for the code to be more complete? PS: I own a Premium and already rated mine last week.

#7716 11 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone know why the PREMIUM Bond ratings aren't being included in the top 100 by this point? Bond was released much earlier than FOO, yet the latter already has all 3 levels of its game included in the tabulations. Is it just because owners are waiting for the code to be more complete? PS: I own a Premium and already rated mine last week.

Need 50 ratings.

"This game has received 38 approved Pinsider ratings. 12 more approved ratings are needed to get a rating and for it to be eligible for the Pinside Pinball Top 100 ranking. "

#7717 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckie007:

I have ordered 3 new coil stops from Pinball Life ($5 each) to replace the ones supplied by Stern.

Keep the two extras on standby. You only need to replace them if they have become loose, nub disconnected and rattling on the plate.

Cheers

#7718 11 months ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I think "Free Gold Watch" is a very deep-cut 80's reference. If you're familiar with it, it's a great name.[quoted image]

The Ledge?

#7719 11 months ago

Welp. Finally got to play power pack by setting jet pack to super easy. Really fun mode.

I’ve also recently realized that if you get all the green shots in jet pack mb before hitting the rocket, they start blinking for double jackpots, which builds towards the rocket value. Many prob know this but if you don’t I think it contributes to making this mode a lot of fun.

#7720 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Do those come colormatched to the LE ? Where can I order a set.

Want a set of the black one's for my Prem but i couldn't find any details online for sales In fact, there's absolutely no mention anywhere on the net about these particular lollipop rails (at least i haven't found any)

#7721 11 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

They are so cool! Do they sell them online by any chance?

I'm not sure I check online and did not see them. I bought them from another pinside member who brought them to pinfest.

#7722 11 months ago

Why is it so hard to find these custom rails? I want a set also.

#7723 11 months ago

I don't know whether its a code glitch or just something in the game play that I'm missing, but my LE has recently started dimming its lights for a second or two, then back to full, then dim again, repeating a few times then returning to normal brightness. The only other time I've seen it do this is when you have a special mode activated for a timed single shot, like the Goldfinger switch on the right ramp or that tarantula sequence.

Anyone else seeing this or know whether it is a glitch or deliberate?

#7724 11 months ago

Someone on FB just put up a Bond Pro and people are low balling him because the goodie back is off the staple.

This trend is by far the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. If you have all the stuff inside the goodie bag but it’s off the staple, who gives a crap?

I never pulled mine off but I’m going to when I get home on principle. That way if I ever sell it, it will weed out the dumbasses.

#7725 11 months ago

I've always taken out my goodie bag, who the hell cares if it's stapled as long as everything is there. And really how many classic games people buy that don't have the manual even anymore? What petty crap

#7726 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I've always taken out my goodie bag, who the hell cares if it's stapled as long as everything is there. And really how many classic games people buy that don't have the manual even anymore? What petty crap

It’s so stupid. We should take a stand against this BS and rip those bags out!

#7727 11 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

I’ve also recently realized that if you get all the green shots in jet pack mb before hitting the rocket, they start blinking for double jackpots, which builds towards the rocket value. Many prob know this but if you don’t I think it contributes to making this mode a lot of fun.

You mean bird 1 multiball?

#7728 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

if selling as NIB then it should be as close to out of the box condition as possible. Why rip the bag off? what purpose does that serve? Not like its in the way.

#7729 11 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

if selling as NIB then it should be as close to out of the box condition as possible. Why rip the bag off? what purpose does that serve? Not like its in the way.

Lol we found a Goodie bag guy.

Who cares if you do rip it off? What is the difference? If you upgrade the speaker to a larger cabinet speaker it’s in the way.

It’s not for sale as NIB. It’s for sale with 500 plays

#7730 11 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

Why rip the bag off? what purpose does that serve? Not like its in the way.

I used the extra post that was in there. And the 007 keychain.

#7731 11 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I used the extra post that was in there. And the 007 keychain.

A guy was selling a Godzilla LE with 12 plays on it for 5k but I walked away from the deal because the goodie bag staple was loose. All the stuff was there, but one side of the staple had come off the cabinet.

See how dumb that sounds?

#7732 11 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

I took the goodie bag out of my RUSH LE because it was laying on top of the subwoofer and making noise. Anymore, there's no real reason to take the bag off because there's nothing in there.

#7734 11 months ago

If someone complains about the goodie bag on a game I am selling I would just move to the next person on the list. This is a sign they are going to be a super high maintenance buyer. What happens when they get the game home and god forbid a GI bulb goes out and they ask for a full refund. Just not worth the potential headaches.

#7735 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

If someone complains about the goodie bag on a game I am selling I would just move to the next person on the list. This is a sign they are going to be a super high maintenance buyer. What happens when they get the game home and god forbid a GI bulb goes out and they ask for a full refund. Just not worth the potential headaches.

Agreed, plus, and this is a huge plus, the goodie bag is there for us. We are the original owners. Enjoy yourself. Take that 007 keychain out, it’s bad ass.

If you are buying it to keep it in a box to try and make money off of it later on down the road, then you aren’t a pinball player, you are an investor, and in that case, hermetically seal it and forget about it for 10 years.

I’d rather enjoy it.

#7736 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Agreed, plus, and this is a huge plus, the goodie bag is there for us. We are the original owners. Enjoy yourself. Take that 007 keychain out, it’s bad ass.
If you are buying it to keep it in a box to try and make money off of it later on down the road, then you aren’t a pinball player, you are an investor, and in that case, hermetically seal it and forget about it for 10 years.
I’d rather enjoy it.

Now I gotta go look for a keychain....

#7737 11 months ago

Did a little modding on my High Stakes mod.

IMG_20230530_184309054 (resized).jpgIMG_20230530_184309054 (resized).jpgIMG_20230530_184309054~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230530_184309054~2 (resized).jpg
#7738 11 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

BOTH Oz delivered Stern machines i've bought didn't even have the goodie bag stapled to the inside of the cab, it's inside the coin box......guess we're all FKD over here
Seriously though, if that's an issue for a potential buyer down the track, then as thekaiser82 said, that's the kind of buyer you IGNORE!!!..or at the very least you play this song for them (over the phone, in person)

#7739 11 months ago

My Bond Pro came with a TMNT goodie bag :/

#7740 11 months ago
Quoted from Hashman:

My Bond Pro came with a TMNT goodie bag :/

Holy shit! It is like a misprinted baseball card or comic…it must be worth millions!

#7741 11 months ago

Wednesday evening Bourbon & Bond
I must be sufficiently Bourbon "Relaxed" cause i finally beat my best score of 445M.
Loving this machine and it's only gonna get better!!!

DSC06168 (resized).JPGDSC06168 (resized).JPGDSC06169 (resized).JPGDSC06169 (resized).JPG
#7742 11 months ago

Game is growing on me. Do the Q branch modes add any thing after you beat them? Like add any perks?

IMG_20230528_170025880 (resized).jpgIMG_20230528_170025880 (resized).jpg
#7743 10 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

If it was open then it wasn't NIB?

#7744 10 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Game is growing on me. Do the Q branch modes add any thing after you beat them? Like add any perks?
[quoted image]

Nice score man! As far as Q branch modes adding perks that’s a negative…but sure hope it’s in the works.

#7745 10 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Do the Q branch modes add any thing after you beat them?

Power Pack, DB5, Little Nellie, and Attache Case all have their own multiballs if you can complete those Q modes.

#7746 10 months ago

Code tomorrow?

#7747 10 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Power Pack, DB5, Little Nellie, and Attache Case all have their own multiballs if you can complete those Q modes.

Yeah I got the helicopter one, kinda kewl just was excepting some perks which would be awesome in the future.

Hint hint mr.g!

#7748 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Code tomorrow?

Pitchforks...er...fingers crossed!

#7749 10 months ago

Got my Tank mod from Tdiddy yesterday . A nice upgrade from the Stern version. The Tank is slightly larger and has some nice detailing and led lighting. Looks good in my LE.

20230531_093538 (resized).jpg20230531_093538 (resized).jpg
#7750 10 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Wednesday evening Bourbon & Bond
I must be sufficiently Bourbon "Relaxed" cause i finally beat my best score of 445M.
Loving this machine and it's only gonna get better!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Bourbon in a can? What sort of magical cylinder is this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.