IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,626 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 313.
#7451 11 months ago

Not sure where it came off that I was the leader of the 'Woke Brigade'. I was just pointing out possibilities. I want as many original Bond assets in the game as anyone else. I was just trying to point out that now-days there's going to be people out there who will be against what has been called a 'sexist depictions of Bond Girls' from the 1960s.

#7452 11 months ago

Folks,

Which distributors are taking pre-orders for the topper? I've called a couple and no luck.

Thanks,

#7453 11 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Folks,
Which distributors are taking pre-orders for the topper? I've called a couple and no luck.
Thanks,

I did it with FUN! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore when they announced it back in January. Call them perhaps they have a few more spots left!

Captura de pantalla 2023-05-20 a la(s) 3.37.13 p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-05-20 a la(s) 3.37.13 p.m. (resized).png
#7454 11 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Ok. I’m wrong. I admit It. I’ve been complaining about the code for a few months now—most notably the order in which elements have been added. Yet, I’m now playing my Bond premium more than Foo premium and Godfather LE. DB5 and Power Pack are two of my favorite modes.
Score balancing, I think, needs a little more work. Largo and Diamonds of Destruction are comparatively too low-scoring. And Bird One jackpots maybe could be made more valuable to balance it with Jetpack. Those issues aside, the code has grown on me tremendously.

Here’s what sucks. The code is very basic. Hit this, hit the roaming shot, or hit one of two shots.

The reason it’s okay is the layout is so damn good. You have an A+ layout with C- level code.

I so hope Lonnie and co do enough tweaks to give us B level code and this game then falls between 5-15.

If Lyman were on this game, it would be top 3. Tanio could make it a top 5.

#7455 11 months ago

Well well well.

IMG_1071 (resized).pngIMG_1071 (resized).png
#7456 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Literally Nobody on Pinside, and super literally nobody in the Bond thread:
“I hope bond is woke and doesn’t have any of the good Bond stuff in it!”
Pinside, for no reason: “the woke brigade better not ruin our bond pinball”
2023: an absolutely batshit crazy time to be alive

It seems like you have some posts to catch up on

#7457 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Literally Nobody on Pinside, and super literally nobody in the Bond thread:
“I hope bond is woke and doesn’t have any of the good Bond stuff in it!”
Pinside, for no reason: “the woke brigade better not ruin our bond pinball”
2023: an absolutely batshit crazy time to be alive

The possibility some stuff can't be used bc of sexism and the like is absolutely worth discussing. Willy Wonka had to change "Brat Multiball" to "Kid Multiball" bc of the Roald Dahl estate for goodness sakes. There is obviously zero chance there is gonna be a montage of cleavage shots or ass-slap wizard mode. The question is wear is the line? I just hope they can use Ursula Andress walking out of the ocean, its the most iconic scene in the entire series.

#7458 11 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

I just hope they can use Ursula Andress walking out of the ocean, its the most iconic scene in the entire series.

It’s on the fucking translite dude.

#7459 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s on the fucking translite dude.

But there is no fucking on the translite. Have to draw the line somewhere.

#7460 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

But there is no fucking on the translite. Have to draw the line somewhere.

The woke strike again !!

#7461 11 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

The possibility some stuff can't be used bc of sexism and the like is absolutely worth discussing. Willy Wonka had to change "Brat Multiball" to "Kid Multiball" bc of the Roald Dahl estate for goodness sakes. There is obviously zero chance there is gonna be a montage of cleavage shots or ass-slap wizard mode. The question is wear is the line? I just hope they can use Ursula Andress walking out of the ocean, its the most iconic scene in the entire series.

Ass slap wizard and other such modes just sound silly in the first place. Who would want that nonsense? The bond women featured on the field were typically the ass kickers. Sexy yes, but they all were capable and not the random toss away flings that many of the other women in the films were. So take out any notes of being PC, would they really have made silly modes about slapping women around?

Even decades ago someone would have been like "hey guys, lets not do this"

#7462 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Ass slap wizard and other such modes just sound silly in the first place. Who would want that nonsense? The bond women featured on the field were typically the ass kickers. Sexy yes, but they all were capable and not the random toss away flings that many of the other women in the films were. So take out any notes of being PC, would they really have made silly modes about slapping women around?
Even decades ago someone would have been like "hey guys, lets not do this"

Just hyperbole, def plenty of room to do it right with these 6 characters.

Id like to see the calypso song from the Honey Ryder scene included somehow fwiw.

#7463 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The woke strike again !!

Only a few posts ago you said "Literally Nobody on Pinside, and super literally nobody in the Bond thread" was saying this.

Hypocrisy anyone?

#7464 11 months ago

?

#7465 11 months ago

Is the topper going to be "DLC" style like Mando or JP?

#7466 11 months ago

George is dropping bombs over on the Facebook page “Stern James Bond Pinball owners club” and all that’s happening here is some lame debate about PC culture. No wonder he doesn’t bother poking his head in over here.

Go check it out, you are not getting selectable modes, he shot that down.

#7467 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

George is dropping bombs over on the Facebook page “Stern James Bond Pinball owners club” and all that’s happening here is some lame debate about PC culture. No wonder he doesn’t bother poking his head in over here.

I'm not on Facebook because it is PC culture.

#7468 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

When you think about it, inclusion of the Bond girls could be the most problematic issue Stern is facing. Obviously, Bond has always had a very sexist approach towards women and in today's society a lot...well most, of that stuff doesn't fly. I wouldn't want to be the one at Stern attempting how to include these assets while staying off someone's target list.

Are you joking?

If you don't like it don't buy it. Sexy women are all part of Bond. It flies just fine with the demographic buying the game. Bond isn't Bond without the ladies!

#7469 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Not sure where it came off that I was the leader of the 'Woke Brigade'. I was just pointing out possibilities. I want as many original Bond assets in the game as anyone else. I was just trying to point out that now-days there's going to be people out there who will be against what has been called a 'sexist depictions of Bond Girls' from the 1960s.

So because not everyone is in agreement with a thing or idea, that means we have to ban it or rid it from social conscience?

#7470 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Are you joking?
If you don't like it don't buy it. Sexy women are all part of Bond. It flies just fine with the demographic buying the game. Bond isn't Bond without the ladies!

I find more sexy women and more suggestive images in my Facebook ads than I do in Bond films.

We've lost our collective minds.

#7471 11 months ago

Wife played JB last night and loved the game. No comments what so ever about the "Bond Women"

Anyways , a lot of comments on the code. Just looked at the size of the 0.91 Bond file versus other "finished" files:

Bond 6.91G
Godzilla 5.76G
Guardians 4.12G
Munsters 2.27G
Elvira 5.61G
JP 2.84G
Stranger Things 3.88G

I believe these are the compressed numbers , but Bond is a much bigger file at this point than even Elvira, which kinda surprised me.

Not sure how much of the 6.91 G Bond code is being utilized in the game already, but at 0.91 we have a lot to go code wise.

Great shooting play field. I like the FX effects so far. Hopefully there can be some more creativity on the mode shots. We will see. A lot to work with.
Go get em Lonnie .

#7472 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:George is dropping bombs over on the Facebook page “Stern James Bond Pinball owners club” and all that’s happening here is some lame debate about PC culture. No wonder he doesn’t bother poking his head in over here.

Trust the process !

#7473 11 months ago

Do we know the specific powder for the LE? Was thinking about having my shooter housing done when I drop some other stuff off this week.

Also, has anyone done the LCD frame/speaker housing? I feel like I saw one pictured early on, can seem to find it. Kinda feel like the blue would be a bit much there, not sure.

#7474 11 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Wife played JB last night and loved the game. No comments what so ever about the "Bond Women"

My daughter had some friends over yesterday for a tournament -- it was GREAT to see more kids enjoying pinball, a few of which had never played until now. Anyway, obviously most of them were unfamiliar with the Bond theme. It was highly amusing when one of the girls was looking over the Bond game, and then I saw her go wide-eyed when she noticed Pussy Galore. She then discreetly was calling the other kids over, "LOOK at her NAME!!" -- not in an offended sort of way, but in an in-on-a-dirty-joke kinda way, lol. They're at the age when those are the kind of jokes being slung about at school, so everyone had a good laugh.

#7475 11 months ago
Quoted from 8Pin:

If you look at my previous post, I did find the Ursula scene in the game code walking out of the water. So it is there, likely hasn't been used in the code yet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/59#post-7393392

#7476 11 months ago

Lets really talk about some trivial stuff. When are they going to start adding some of this new stuff to insider achievements?

I wonder if they will add a "reset" to games on insider accounts so I can reset my achievements when we hit code 1.0. Seems silly that I got achievements easily on junk code and then the parameters change on updates up to 1.0.

#7477 11 months ago

I’d prefer to stay trivial for the day!!

I just don’t understand being worried the PC police are coming for Ursula Andres in a bathing suit when Ursuala Andres in a bathing suit is literally on translite, there for all to see!!

Gee, I hope they allow some scenes with Bond with a gun in his hand too! You never know these days!!

Come on man !!!
FA663D69-FC50-484E-AA81-568D210F09F2 (resized).jpegFA663D69-FC50-484E-AA81-568D210F09F2 (resized).jpeg

#7478 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If you look at my previous post, I did find the Ursula scene in the game code walking out of the water. So it is there, likely hasn't been used in the code yet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/59#post-7393392

Yep. It’s time to make those Bond girl inserts on the pf come to life on the screen!

#7479 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. It’s time to make those Bond girl insights on the pf come to life on the screen!

I’d like to think if the multipliers (Bond girls) are coming in the next update then all their audio and visual assets come along with them.

#7480 11 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Lets really talk about some trivial stuff. When are they going to start adding some of this new stuff to insider achievements?
I wonder if they will add a "reset" to games on insider accounts so I can reset my achievements when we hit code 1.0. Seems silly that I got achievements easily on junk code and then the parameters change on updates up to 1.0.

Just create a new IC account. They are free.

#7481 11 months ago

So what bombs is George dropping on FB?

#7482 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No selectable modes, and the multipliers will be in the next code version

#7483 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Captura de pantalla 2023-05-21 a la(s) 3.18.53 p.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-05-21 a la(s) 3.18.53 p.m. (resized).png
#7485 11 months ago

And this.

IMG_1078 (resized).jpegIMG_1078 (resized).jpeg
#7486 11 months ago

Happy to see George still really involved in his game with all of his other Stern duties.

Always had confidence from day one they would make this game great eventually

#7487 11 months ago

Having to set myself up so I am one shot away from starting a villain, and then throwing the ball into the pops and hope the action stops on the villain I want/need to play next sounds like a rule thought up by people way better at pinball than me.

Right now it doesn't matter, other than maybe wanting to play a favorite mode, but once the movie inserts come into play and exactly what happens when you complete a "movie", I could see it mattering a lot.

A way to lock in the selection until ball end/mode end, holding the action button for example, would add a bit of extra control for us non Elwin/RayDay/Danger level of players.

#7488 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Having to set myself up so I am one shot away from starting a villain, and then throwing the ball into the pops and hope the action stops on the villain I want/need to play next sounds like a rule thought up by people way better at pinball than me.
Right now it doesn't matter, other than maybe wanting to play a favorite mode, but once the movie inserts come into play and exactly what happens when you complete a "movie", I could see it mattering a lot.
A way to lock in the selection until ball end/mode end, holding the action button for example, would add a bit of extra control for us non Elwin/RayDay/Danger level of players.

I agree. It could be handled just like Godzilla and the ally. Right flipper changes it. If these are going to roll up to mini wizard modes, seems like it could be important. Could be wrong though if I.e. once you have a villain completed all the other shots default to that color.

#7489 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Would be cool if you could lock it with the action button but I don't know how you'd integrate it in with multipliers and anything else the button is used for.

#7490 11 months ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Would be cool if you could lock it with the action button but I don't know how you'd integrate it in with multipliers and anything else the button is used for.

I don’t think you can. I think this is it, George has made up his mind, the bumpers are your selection.

#7491 11 months ago

I wonder if this is a selectable option that we will have? It’s from footage that’s uploaded but not coded.

IMG_1080 (resized).pngIMG_1080 (resized).png
#7492 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Can we light the movie inserts yet??? I don't think I've seen them outside of a light show or attract mode.

#7493 11 months ago

Anyone else have a clicking sound when the games turns on?

Is this normal. My LE is the only game that clicks when I turn it on out of all my Sterns.

#7494 11 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone else have a clicking sound when the games turns on?
Is this normal. My LE is the only game that clicks when I turn it on out of all my Sterns.

Few pages back guy had same thing and sterns sending a new board. Read back 10 pages to find it.

#7495 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Can we light the movie inserts yet??? I don't think I've seen them outside of a light show or attract mode.

Believe in a livestream they said the purpose of them would be for if you complete every mode related to that movie, it would do something in the future and those lights will be used. But they only just put in the last needed Q modes for that, so imagine it will be some long term function later.

Quoted from Rhart51:

I wonder if this is a selectable option that we will have? It’s from footage that’s uploaded but not coded.
[quoted image]

Think that's just work in progress stuff folks fond for the attaché case mode. Which clearly changed

#7496 11 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

I did it with FUN! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore when they announced it back in January. Call them perhaps they have a few more spots left!
[quoted image]

In same boat. Would love to have been able to put a deposit down on a topper or even pay in full.

#7497 11 months ago

I ordered the 60th topper jan 4th from Fun. I think sold out now. Still no word on delivery. Sterns a shit show on toppers. Ordered maiden like September.

#7498 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

[quoted image]

That's the Attache Case Q mode. You have to hit the right orbit (the dangerous/difficult FRWL shot) 6 times for that one to be available.

#7499 11 months ago

Anyone know if someone makes a plastic piece to go over the area of the inner Bond Girl loop? Shots regularly don't register there on both a Bond LE and premium I currently have. I've tried a few approaches and the only solid solution is to use a plastic cover to keep the ball down and hitting the switch - the same as the fix to the rush inner loop shot. For now, I'm using a spare sling plastic from the game lol - looks like shit but registers 100% of the time. One end is held down with the screw from the gate (I had to shift the yellow plastic off of that same screw for it to not interfere with the gate arm) and the other end is held down with a rubber post sleeve between the wireform and the plastic.
70568564946__6EE67668-5232-4574-B8B2-2DF25E662311.jpeg70568564946__6EE67668-5232-4574-B8B2-2DF25E662311.jpeg

#7500 11 months ago

Man it seems like you constantly get power pack mode now cause it's so easy to achieve. The other gadgets feel like lot more work and time to get

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 15,626 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.