IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg
20FB72F1-8B81-46FF-8859-09FD68BE1593 (resized).jpeg
A7FBB9E0-2D84-42EB-95F3-248219C891EE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,059 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 302.
#6951 10 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

So you swapped a gomez LE that is sold out, AA tier theme, with no more runs EVER with code and gameplay still to be sorted, for a game that has a few more production runs coming, and has been out for a few years... not to mention that every other swinging dick in the hobby has a JP premium, I mean its a great game but f#$k me.
And you lost a wad of cash.... what a muppet!

Come on, John. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think... (LoL)

#6952 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Come on, John. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think... (LoL)

Lol, just makes no sense but hey its his loss. I mean I can pick up a JP premium 3 times yesterday for how common they are. Anyhow moving on

#6953 10 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

.... what a muppet!

What a great insult! I'm going to start using that!

#6954 10 months ago

Glad I sold my JP prem back during covid when rare and got a profit. Now it’s tougher sale. Didn’t like that game, probably because I’m not a great player yet. Bonds better imo.

#6955 10 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

So you swapped a gomez LE that is sold out, AA tier theme, with no more runs EVER with code and gameplay still to be sorted, for a game that has a few more production runs coming, and has been out for a few years... not to mention that every other swinging dick in the hobby has a JP premium, I mean its a great game but f#$k me.

Not cool to call him out. You calling him a muppet is based on your opinion and his choice is about great gameplay now not market trends. Who’s the muppet?

#6956 10 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

Not cool to call him out. You calling him a muppet is based on your opinion and his choice is about great gameplay now not market trends. Who’s the muppet?

What’s wrong with Muppets?

Hey wait a minute, that would actually be a great pin!

#6957 10 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Wonder if he really made this moronic trade. A $13k game that will be top 5 all time for a $8500 game??? An idiotic move trading a stellar game for wood chopping. Sorry, JP LE owner here and its wood chopping by comparison to Bond, even with the code still so infant. Patience young muppet/grasshopper, code will come…

#6958 10 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

what a muppet!

Calling somebody a muppet is a fairly common insult in Great Britain. Also calling somebody a bell-end is not nice either (watch the old British Top Gear show or The Grand Tour) and you will see this is one of James May's favorite insults.

#6959 10 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

And its also your opinion that its not cool. I think its founded Rob... this is an owners thread and it was pretty clear cut case of throwing shade then pissing off. Muppet move imo.

#6960 10 months ago

Little Nellie Q gadget: I finally got all of the Little Nellie weapons but the multiball did not start. Is there another shot to start the multiball that I missed? Has anyone successfully started Little Nellie multiball?

#6961 10 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Little Nellie Q gadget: I finally got all of the Little Nellie weapons but the multiball did not start. Is there another shot to start the multiball that I missed? Has anyone successfully started Little Nellie multiball?

Once LN multiball is qualified you have to hit the right ramp to start it then the ball will stop just like the villain modes for a intro.

#6962 10 months ago

Bummer this is turning into a such a great game but didn't win any TWIPY awards last year. Once everything gets polished it should become a classic.

#6963 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Bummer this is turning into a such a great game but didn't win any TWIPY awards last year. Once everything gets polished it should become a classic.

Two things you shouldn't care less about-

TWIPY
Pinside Ranking

I know I know...nobody cares about this shit...besides EVERYBODY!!!

I don't really get it myself...

#6964 10 months ago

Hi, I am a new owner of Bond. Where can I find a chart or deeper explanation of the newer code? I have no idea what's going on. I got "Bond, James Bond" today which was cool but I've never seen that before and I have no idea how I did it.

Thank you,
-Keylime

P.S. I had SD card issues and accidently deleted my InsiderConnected ID off the SD card when I re-imaged it. How do I get the ID back so I can connect to the internet again?

#6965 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Didn't it? Seems to me like it won a couple.

#6966 10 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Hi, I am a new owner of Bond. Where can I find a chart or deeper explanation of the newer code? I have no idea what's going on. I got "Bond, James Bond" today which was cool but I've never seen that before and I have no idea how I did it.
Thank you,
-Keylime
P.S. I had SD card issues and accidently deleted my InsiderConnected ID off the SD card when I re-imaged it. How do I get the ID back so I can connect to the internet again?

Here is the rulesheet

http://tiltforums.com/t/james-bond-007-rulesheet/7893

As far as your insider connect ID, it is stored on the website. Log into insider connect and your QPC will be there. Go into the internet menu on your machine and it will ask you to add it.

#6967 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Two things you shouldn't care less about-
TWIPY
Pinside Ranking
I know I know...nobody cares about this shit...besides EVERYBODY!!!
I don't really get it myself...

Pinside ratings are important because offer some kind of a consensus view of a game in a very thin and imperfect marketplace.

Is game #5 better than game #20 - not necessarily but #5 is probably better than game #50.

For anyone (new to the hobby especially) it's definitely the go to data set - I have heard the conversations and I'd be lying if I said I didn't at least check it before shopping also.

#6968 10 months ago

That’s insane to me. I’ve never once checked Pinside ratings before buying a game.

But whatever works for you.

#6969 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pinside ratings are important because offer some kind of a consensus view of a game in a very thin and imperfect marketplace.
Is game #5 better than game #20 - not necessarily but #5 is probably better than game #50.
For anyone (new to the hobby especially) it's definitely the go to data set - I have heard the conversations and I'd be lying if I said I didn't at least check it before shopping also.

I don’t think Pinside ratings are fair until the game gets flushed out with code. I can see it’s use though, you are gambling if you buy a machine that has low ratings and you bank on code saving it.

Look at Deadpool, that had what a 7.2 or something like that for the first 5-8 months? So if it’s updated then it’s fair, I just don’t see many people updating their ratings, so it’s kind of an unfair rating.

#6970 10 months ago

Life isn’t fair.

Fortunately pinball machines don’t have feelings.

We’ll all get through this together.

#6971 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yeah, that's about right. Pinside rankings have some over-rated machines (JP and Rush, IMO) and some under-rated games (BM66 and TSPP), but all in all it's a good beginning point for debate or shopping priorities. 007 probably shouldn't be ranked at all (only 190 reviews so far) because of the code delays but Stern doesn't exactly deserve to have it ranked very high right now (currently at #67).

Much to my surprise, 007 is already, incomplete code and all, the machine I play the most and most look forward to playing.

Speaking of code... It's Thursday! Two weeks since the last update. I imagine Stern would like to have a big update to talk about at Pinfest...

#6972 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

When I was new to the hobby, I used the ratings as a guide to what games to prioritize to seek out to try, and then I figured out my own preferences. Basically exactly what you’re saying above.

#6973 10 months ago

When I was new to the hobby 5 years ago I didn’t even know pinside existed let alone a ratings system. I did this crazy thing and went and played games on location and at GEX locally. I realize I am fortunate the Denver metro area had lots of good location pinball even 5 years ago. Also JJ at GEX being local had a great selection in the showroom. After all that I decided a Star Trek pro vault was the best NIB game for me and I snagged it from GEX.

#6974 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:Yeah, that's about right. Pinside rankings have some over-rated machines (JP and Rush, IMO) and some under-rated games (BM66 and TSPP), but all in all it's a good beginning point for debate or shopping priorities. 007 probably shouldn't be ranked at all (only 190 reviews so far) because of the code delays but Stern doesn't exactly deserve to have it ranked very high right now (currently at #67).
Much to my surprise, 007 is already, incomplete code and all, the machine I play the most and most look forward to playing.
Speaking of code... It's Thursday! Two weeks since the last update. I imagine Stern would like to have a big update to talk about at Pinfest...

That’s saying something, 67th with shit code. With good code this could easily hit top 20.

I hope we get code this week, they have been sending it out in 2 week intervals, they did go a long stretch between Feb and March though so who knows.

#6975 10 months ago
Quoted from scottgreenmagic:

When I was new to the hobby, I used the ratings as a guide to what games to prioritize to seek out to try, and then I figured out my own preferences. Basically exactly what you’re saying above.

Yep - there really is almost nothing else to go by. Top 100 matters big time that way.

Secondary market prices definitely affected by the top 100 rank.

Quoted from Rhart51:

I don’t think Pinside ratings are fair until the game gets flushed out with code. I can see it’s use though, you are gambling if you buy a machine that has low ratings and you bank on code saving it.
Look at Deadpool, that had what a 7.2 or something like that for the first 5-8 months? So if it’s updated then it’s fair, I just don’t see many people updating their ratings, so it’s kind of an unfair rating.

Nope not fair at all but that's how it goes. Rush reviews were hurt initially because of the scoop issues and code for Bond is even worse.

Quoted from Rhart51:

That’s saying something, 67th with shit code. With good code this could easily hit top 20.
I hope we get code this week, they have been sending it out in 2 week intervals, they did go a long stretch between Feb and March though so who knows.

Bond will climb. I won't rate it yet even though I have played a few times now. Maybe soon and I'm hoping to find a used deal in the summer / fall.

#6976 10 months ago

Pinside rankings might be valid....if we all had the same tastes. But since we don't, I view rankings as mostly worthless. I go by designers.
If Borg, S. Ritchie or Eddy designed a game, I will probably like it.
On the other hand, I don't like Lawlor or Elwin games. But Lawlor and Elwin's games are typically ranked very high. So if I bought pins based on rankings, I'd be unhappy.

#6977 10 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Pinside rankings might be valid....if we all had the same tastes. But since we don't,

It’s nothing more than a popularity contest and it’s even marginal at that.

#6978 10 months ago

i mean...people literally post that they will give a game that they know is good a shitty rating because they don't like the manufacturer's business practices or something. it's completely subjective and shouldn't figure in to a purchase decision, ever, at all.

my $.02

#6979 10 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i mean...people literally post that they will give a game that they know is good a shitty rating because they don't like the manufacturer's business practices or something. it's completely subjective and shouldn't figure in to a purchase decision, ever, at all.
my $.02

Correct but if 1 or 2 people out of hundreds do that how much influence does that really have? - almost none.

Again - it's a consensus view. May not agree or whatever but it's not worthless and I have certainly gained quick knowledge on a game by scrolling down through the comments section.

You and I may know what you like and don't like but for some one who knows nothing, it's some kind of a guide!

#6980 10 months ago

Back in action is a way better start song, it’s cleaner and sounds amazing. I get that they wanted to start with the Bond theme, but back in action is the same exact song but way better quality.

#6981 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

You and I may know what you like and don't like but for some one who knows nothing, it's some kind of a guide!

It can't be a guide if the person doesn't know what they like. They need to play games to figure out what they like. If I were green and didn't know what I like, I'd be guided to the top 10 as being games I'd love. But in reality out of the top 10 games (as of right now) I flat out don't like 4 of them (Godzilla, JP, Iron Maiden and TZ). I am so-so on MB. (Even though I had a gorgeous one for years).
Love MM and AFM, but my all time favorite game is 30th (ToM). That is not a guiding much at all. So according to the list, I don't like #1 (Godzilla) but love #2 (MM) That isn't guiding, it is confusing. Going by the list, games I flat out dislike are "much better" than my all time favorite.

So I'll have to disagree with you on the 100 rankings being useful. I think that they are worthless and just a gimmick. Every person has their own likes/dislikes and folks need to play them to figure out if they'll like the game.

Like I mentioned earlier, designers are a much better gauge of whether I'll like a game.

Except Gomez. It can go either way with his. I love Johnny Mnemonic and Bond whereas I don't care for LoTR, Avengers or Sopranos. I like fast, flowing games. Stop and go (or slow) games bore me.

#6982 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s insane to me. I’ve never once checked Pinside ratings before buying a game.
But whatever works for you.

The pinside owners false 100 rating system is so full of BS it’s not even funny. Its owners puppy guarding their purchases at its finest. (Think pinside itself might also be in on puppy guarding for various reasons.) What person in their right mind gives any credence to such a faulty meaningless ranking system. Use our own brains, try the game out and judge its merits. Who cares what anyone else thinks, especially those that have spent $10k+. They will never denigrate their purchases.

#6983 10 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

It can't be a guide if the person doesn't know what they like. They need to play games to figure out what they like. If I were green and didn't know what I like, I'd be guided to the top 10 as being games I'd love. But in reality out of the top 10 games (as of right now) I flat out don't like 4 of them (Godzilla, JP, Iron Maiden and TZ). I am so-so on MB. (Even though I had a gorgeous one for years).
Love MM and AFM, but my all time favorite game is 30th (ToM). That is not a guiding much at all. So according to the list, I don't like #1 (Godzilla) but love #2 (MM) That isn't guiding, it is confusing. Going by the list, games I flat out dislike are "much better" than my all time favorite.
So I'll have to disagree with you on the 100 rankings being useful. I think that they are worthless and just a gimmick. Every person has their own likes/dislikes and folks need to play them to figure out if they'll like the game.
Like I mentioned earlier, designers are a much better gauge of whether I'll like a game.
Except Gomez. It can go either way with his. I love Johnny Mnemonic and Bond whereas I don't care for LoTR, Avengers or Sopranos. I like fast, flowing games. Stop and go (or slow) games bore me.

Avengers is an Elwin

#6984 10 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Avengers is an Elwin

Avengers Infinity Quest is Elwin. Avengers (2012) is Gomez

#6985 10 months ago

Wait…had to check the heading, as I thought for a moment I was in an Avengers thread, lol.

#6986 10 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Yeah, that's about right. Pinside rankings have some over-rated machines (JP and Rush, IMO) and some under-rated games (BM66 and TSPP), but all in all it's a good beginning point for debate or shopping priorities. 007 probably shouldn't be ranked at all (only 190 reviews so far) because of the code delays but Stern doesn't exactly deserve to have it ranked very high right now (currently at #67).

Agree with TSPP being way underrated. I've had one for almost twenty years now, have played about every game on the planet, and Homer is still in the top 3 in my opinion. Also agree with JP being overrated. I had one for about six months...couldn't get into it...sold it. I've had a JB premium on order since last October. By the time it finally gets here, code will be completed lol.

#6987 10 months ago
Quoted from troon47:

Agree with TSPP being way underrated. I've had one for almost twenty years now, have played about every game on the planet, and Homer is still in the top 3 in my opinion. Also agree with JP being overrated. I had one for about six months...couldn't get into it...sold it. I've had a JB premium on order since last October. By the time it finally gets here, code will be completed lol.

The number 1 priority for me on a game is layout. Theme also is important too (but not as much as layout). I actually don't care if a game is deep. I like the depth of 90s pins, which would be considered way too shallow today.
When this game was in development one of the big rumors was that it was going to be Venom. I was happy about that as I like the theme and I could get my kids into it.
When they announced Bond I was really disappointed. I am not a fan. (I don't dislike Bond movies, just not a big fan). I've not actually seen any of the Connery films (Gen X'er and so I grew up with Roger Moore) and I knew my kids would not care for a Bond pin. (for them Theme is most important).

But then I played a Premium at an arcade near me a couple of weeks ago. And wow, I loved it. The shots were awesome, the game flowed great.

I was flip-flopping on the Premium but I decided to go with a Pro. I don't like stoppage in play, so the ball lock on the Premium was actually a negative for me. The Jet Pack wand Bond was cool, but again, stops the ball so I figured spending $2600 less was a plus. Hopefully I don't get Premium remorse.

For me the Pro was the better buy. On some of my other pins, the Premium was the way to go.

#6988 10 months ago

So much for the every 2 weeks idea

#6989 10 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

... I don't like stoppage in play, so the ball lock on the Premium was actually a negative for me. The Jet Pack wand Bond was cool, but again, stops the ball so I figured spending $2600 less was a plus....

Seriously?

#6990 10 months ago

I’m

Yeah, a lot of people say that. Makes the game gaster.

#6991 10 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

The number 1 priority for me on a game is layout. Theme also is important too (but not as much as layout). I actually don't care if a game is deep. I like the depth of 90s pins, which would be considered way too shallow today.
When this game was in development one of the big rumors was that it was going to be Venom. I was happy about that as I like the theme and I could get my kids into it.
When they announced Bond I was really disappointed. I am not a fan. (I don't dislike Bond movies, just not a big fan). I've not actually seen any of the Connery films (Gen X'er and so I grew up with Roger Moore) and I knew my kids would not care for a Bond pin. (for them Theme is most important).
But then I played a Premium at an arcade near me a couple of weeks ago. And wow, I loved it. The shots were awesome, the game flowed great.
I was flip-flopping on the Premium but I decided to go with a Pro. I don't like stoppage in play, so the ball lock on the Premium was actually a negative for me. The Jet Pack wand Bond was cool, but again, stops the ball so I figured spending $2600 less was a plus. Hopefully I don't get Premium remorse.
For me the Pro was the better buy. On some of my other pins, the Premium was the way to go.

I played a Premium and kind of hated it. And then I played it again a week or so later and it clicked. The game shoots so different from a lot of games I've played.

However, I decided to grab a Pro. Gameplay wise, the Pro and Prem/LE are super similar. Physical ball lock is neat, Bond on a wand is...a thing, and the underwater fight scene ain't it for me. The markup on that BOM is too hard to swallow, so I went with the version that will play great and give me extra money for my next game.

#6992 10 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

I wouldn't worry about premium remorse. If the game goes the way most owners think/hope it will and you want a premium, you will be able to sell your pro for probably what you paid for it and buy a new production premium.

#6993 10 months ago

This is an example of why the Pinside 100 list is not valid. I have a different opinion from you. I love that "inner" loop shot on Bond. On the premium during ball lock, it stops the ball, launches it up the tower and then loops around the ramp. This is cool, but for me, this is a stoppage in play which I don't like. On the Pro it whips around super fast. I love it. This is why I don't like Lawlor pins. Too much stop and go for me.
I typically prefer virtual ball locks. (Not always, but typically). But this is my opinion and understand and expect others to have different opinions.
What I love about Bond is the wicked fast gameplay. The speed of this game reminds me of the speed of Johnny Mnemonic.

#6994 10 months ago

Ok, my LE says I must connect to insider to get code updates. I had already registered the machine and received updates previously. It also says the machine is offline when I put my QR code on the scanner. Pics following.

IMG_6657 (resized).jpegIMG_6657 (resized).jpegIMG_6658 (resized).jpegIMG_6658 (resized).jpegIMG_6659 (resized).jpegIMG_6659 (resized).jpegIMG_6661 (resized).jpegIMG_6661 (resized).jpegIMG_6663 (resized).jpegIMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
#6995 10 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Ok, my LE says I must connect to insider to get code updates. I had already registered the machine and received updates previously. It also says the machine is offline when I put my QR code on the scanner. Pics following.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine does the same, the Wi-Fi dongles are a joke. After I start mine I let it sit for 5 minutes or so before I press any buttons. Seems to help letting it connect on its own instead of immediately trying to log in.

#6996 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Yeah, a lot of people say that. Makes the game gaster.

Quoted from dinot:

... On the Pro it whips around super fast. I love it. ...

Perhaps Stern is missing a market opportunity to charge more for Pros.

#6997 10 months ago

Do you have the latest code installed? If you cannot do via wi fi do it with USB. Since the last update, we have had no crashes or internet connectivity issues that we had previously.

#6998 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do you have the latest code installed? If you cannot do via wi fi do it with USB. Since the last update, we have had no crashes or internet connectivity issues that we had previously.

Is there a better wifi dongle that you can buy that would work?

#6999 10 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Is there a better wifi dongle that you can buy that would work?

I don’t think it has anything to do with the WiFi. The machine says I must register with insider; however, I already have. The machine says to register the machine and then when I try it says it is already registered, yet my insider account says I have no machines registered. I registered this machine the first day I got it and have installed all the updates to .90 with no problem.

#7000 10 months ago

Once it’s registered, you can set it to download automatically. It will download in the background when the game is on without opening the menu.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,059 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/140?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.