IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 314.
#6851 12 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I have two alternative translite available if interested. One includes some Roger Moore images. PM for details. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are fantastic. I'll shoot you a PM later!!

#6852 12 months ago

The dragon tank from Amazon worked great. It’s pretty easy to add a couple of LEDs behind the teeth and tap off the target light.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6853 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would just like to reiterate that smacking the rocket and seeing “11 more for Q branch” on the screen is just depressing.
ELEVEN?!?!
Note: any “do this double digit times” thing in pinball is going to be painfully woodchoppy and does not lend itself to being fun, nor any kind of strategy that’s worth going for if the player is playing to win a game.

Could be worse. I got on a roll this afternoon and got to a point where it said 38 more for extra ball...

Nearly broke 1B on my pro. I think the secret was, watching Dr. No before playing.

#6854 12 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Every hit to rockets registers multiple switch hits as it flops around. In switch test if I hit the rocket and rocket flops back and forth each flop is a switch register, ding ding ding ding ding. This is happening in game as well and I quickly qualify little nellie. What gives compared to others?

Sounds like it is too loose. Tighten the bolt a smidge more?

#6855 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would just like to reiterate that smacking the rocket and seeing “11 more for Q branch” on the screen is just depressing.
ELEVEN?!?!
Note: any “do this double digit times” thing in pinball is going to be painfully woodchoppy and does not lend itself to being fun, nor any kind of strategy that’s worth going for if the player is playing to win a game.

If you hit it hard enough on mine it registers like 4 hits.

#6856 12 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Sounds like it is too loose. Tighten the bolt a smidge more?

The single bolt on the bottom that secures the rocket to the rubber pivot thing? Not sure there's any more tightening to be done. I feel like it's too floppy.

#6857 12 months ago

Hello,fellow agents,I accidentally got 2 headphone mods for my JB,PRe! paid $175.Would like it to find a good home for $80.! PM me,thanks!!

#6858 12 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

The single bolt on the bottom that secures the rocket to the rubber pivot thing? Not sure there's any more tightening to be done. I feel like it's too floppy.

Just going from what you said before:

Quoted from SimplePin:

I opened a ticket with Stern. They said to loosen the bolt securing the rocket. That did the trick but at first it was too loose as the rocket rotated and the graphic was in the back. Snugged it up a tad and now it works as expected

Which to me could indicate that it is still too loose, which is why it is so floppy. Just throwing some ideas out there, I don't know what else would affect the "flop".

#6859 12 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Nearly broke 1B on my pro. I think the secret was, watching Dr. No before playing.

You inspired me man^…I just had a decent session on bond. Man I can’t wait to see all the wizard modes they come up with for this game. This might end up being a pretty long playing game once everything is finished considering how many modes it has plus all the wizard modes that are coming.

405DAA24-520A-4012-B8D9-7F9228B117D8.jpeg405DAA24-520A-4012-B8D9-7F9228B117D8.jpeg
#6860 12 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

You inspired me man^…I just had a decent session on bond. Man I can’t wait to see all the wizard modes they come up with for this game. This might end up being a pretty long playing game once everything is finished considering how many modes it has plus all the wizard modes that are coming.
[quoted image]

I agree, there is so much they can do. BM66 had major and minor villains and is super deep. This has the bonds, hinchman, gadgets plus more.

#6861 12 months ago

I got the 20$ tank but confused where the zip ties go on inside tank then to the game ;

Can anyone help me out please

#6862 12 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I got the 20$ tank but confused where the zip ties go on inside tank then to the game ;
Can anyone help me out please

It says take out 2 screws and zip tie ?

If it was already connected with the screws, what is the tie going to do

? I know I need to zip tie it on the game somehow.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6863 12 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

It says take out 2 screws and zip tie ?
If it was already connected with the screws, what is the tie going to do
? I know I need to zip tie it on the game somehow.[quoted image]

I used about 6" zip ties across the bottom part then put the two halves back together. You've got to hold it pretty tight while you're putting the screws back in because they're pretty short. You then wrap the zip ties around the plastic on the machine and snug it down. Just don't overly tighten it and bend the plastic. Then trim off the ends of the zip ties and reinstall the plastic.

#6864 12 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I used about 6" zip ties across the bottom part then put the two halves back together. You've got to hold it pretty tight while you're putting the screws back in because they're pretty short. You then wrap the zip ties around the plastic on the machine and snug it down. Just don't overly tighten it and bend the plastic. Then trim off the ends of the zip ties and reinstall the plastic.

I have 6 inches of ties, but I have no idea how they would go in the middle of the tank because the tank would not close with the zip ties in it and I could not screw it shut many thanks

#6865 12 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

How do I zip tie in there and close that with the screws because the zip tie increases the bulk and it won’t shut firm Maybe I’m missing something simple?

Or maybe I got wrong tank

When I put the zip ties in there, it won’t close and screw so maybe my zip ties are too big there’s 6 inch though;

I’m gonna go on location tomorrow to make a second attempt first attempt fail I’m terrible with this stuff this one looks easy enough. I thought I would definitely be able to do it. Looks like too thick Zip ties

#6866 12 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

How do I zip tie in there and close that with the screws because the zip tie increases the bulk and it won’t shut firm Maybe I’m missing something simple?
Or maybe I got wrong tank
When I put the zip ties in there, it won’t close and screw so maybe my zip ties are too big there’s 6 inch though;
I’m gonna go on location tomorrow to make a second attempt first attempt fail I’m terrible with this stuff this one looks easy enough. I thought I would definitely be able to do it.

On mine, the zips were thin enough that when the two halves were pushed together, they folded over. Like I said, it's pretty tight and the hard part is holding it together while you get that first screw started.

#6867 12 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

On mine, the zips were thin enough that when the two halves were pushed together, they folded over. Like I said, it's pretty tight and the hard part is holding it together while you get that first screw started.

This clears it for me many thanks ; I’ll have to get super thin 6 inch zip ties

Many thanks

#6868 12 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

... Man I can’t wait to see all the wizard modes they come up with for this game. This might end up being a pretty long playing game once everything is finished considering how many modes it has plus all the wizard modes that are coming.

Quoted from Happy81724:

I agree, there is so much they can do. BM66 had major and minor villains and is super deep. This has the bonds, hinchman, gadgets plus more.

Mike Vinikour talking about James Bond game code on 4/17/23 Pinball Party podcast:

"... but I can say, like I'll be working on Bond with Lonnie until we're done. And we have a LOT of cool stuff planned. Like that game has turned out to be my largest design role at Stern. It actually will eclipse Stranger Things as far as, like my design involvement goes. And uh ... I promise everybody will be SUPER happy with it when we are done. We have a lot of cool stuff planned for ... for that game that … you know … is just not implemented yet, but once we get in, I think people are going to really enjoy it.”

<<In response to comment from podcast host Jason that Bond is really fun to shoot, but code is being released at a slow drip rate.>>

“Yeah … we’d like to get … you know … we’re getting it to you as fast as we can and we would have liked to have gotten it to you more, and faster, but … you know there’s a number of reasons why it’s taken as long as it has. Um … but, I promise it will be worth the wait when it’s done. Like … I think people are starting, with the last two updates, people I think are starting to really … see … like kind of where we’re headed with that and they seem to enjoy the couple things that we added … in the last two updates. Um … which is nice to see and I, you know, there’s just more of that to come. I think it will all kind of fit together, you know, in a way that’s maybe not apparent now like you’ll see how the things kind of work together to get you to, with the wizard modes when you’re in there, and how things will affect what you do in the future in the game you’re playing, you know, like your performance in these modes will aid you in scoring and when you get to wizard modes and what not, you know. There’s a lot of stuff like that planned. It’s gonna have some good layers of depth for sure that’s not … not … immediately apparent now cause there’s missing pieces still you know.”

<<In response to comment/question from podcast guest host Cale Hernandez that Bond games at Expo scored much higher and whether Bond is headed back that way?>>

“Oh … cause the scoring was totally broken and … eventually it will get higher than that once we get the multipliers, the playfield multipliers … cause remember like when the Bond women … uh feature gets hooked up, that’s the playfield multiplier and you’ll be able to get 7X playfield going at some point you know. Um … but, the scoring, you know, needs, we have to do … a pass, big time pass of score balancing which we’ll do in the near future once we get the … the rest of the modes in first. Then we’ll balance the scores and then we’ll get the playfield multiplier in there, and then like, you know, obviously with 7X scoring, the scores are going to get big you know. So 800 million will feel small … you know … at some point in the future! I can’t say exactly when.”

#6869 12 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Mike Vinikour talking about James Bond game code on 4/17/23 Pinball Party podcast:

Good to hear from MXV that a lot more cool stuff is planned. Thanks for posting!

#6870 12 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Good to hear from MXV that a lot more cool stuff is planned. Thanks for posting!

That was a great interview… definitely give it a listen if you have the time. Mike is definitely doing his part in keeping my faith in the outcome of this pin alive for me. Also just a real interesting listen otherwise.

#6871 12 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Just going from what you said before:

Which to me could indicate that it is still too loose, which is why it is so floppy. Just throwing some ideas out there, I don't know what else would affect the "flop".

Opened her up again and verified that there is no adjustment to make the rocket stiffer. I did loosen the optos behind the rocket and was able to slide them the tiniest distance further back. After playing a test game I can say the rocket flops just as much but doesn't register as many switch hits. So I guess I'm happy.

#6872 12 months ago

You guys bought out all the Dragon tanks off Amazon!

#6873 12 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

"... but I can say, like I'll be working on Bond with Lonnie until we're done. And we have a LOT of cool stuff planned. Like that game has turned out to be my largest design role at Stern. It actually will eclipse Stranger Things as far as, like my design involvement goes. And uh ... I promise everybody will be SUPER happy with it when we are done. We have a lot of cool stuff planned for ... for that game that … you know … is just not implemented yet, but once we get in, I think people are going to really enjoy it.”
<<In response to comment from podcast host Jason that Bond is really fun to shoot, but code is being released at a slow drip rate.>>
“Yeah … we’d like to get … you know … we’re getting it to you as fast as we can and we would have liked to have gotten it to you more, and faster, but … you know there’s a number of reasons why it’s taken as long as it has. Um … but, I promise it will be worth the wait when it’s done. Like … I think people are starting, with the last two updates, people I think are starting to really … see … like kind of where we’re headed with that and they seem to enjoy the couple things that we added … in the last two updates. Um … which is nice to see and I, you know, there’s just more of that to come. I think it will all kind of fit together, you know, in a way that’s maybe not apparent now like you’ll see how the things kind of work together to get you to, with the wizard modes when you’re in there, and how things will affect what you do in the future in the game you’re playing, you know, like your performance in these modes will aid you in scoring and when you get to wizard modes and what not, you know. There’s a lot of stuff like that planned. It’s gonna have some good layers of depth for sure that’s not … not … immediately apparent now cause there’s missing pieces still you know.”
<<In response to comment/question from podcast guest host Cale Hernandez that Bond games at Expo scored much higher and whether Bond is headed back that way?>>
“Oh … cause the scoring was totally broken and … eventually it will get higher than that once we get the multipliers, the playfield multipliers … cause remember like when the Bond women … uh feature gets hooked up, that’s the playfield multiplier and you’ll be able to get 7X playfield going at some point you know. Um … but, the scoring, you know, needs, we have to do … a pass, big time pass of score balancing which we’ll do in the near future once we get the … the rest of the modes in first. Then we’ll balance the scores and then we’ll get the playfield multiplier in there, and then like, you know, obviously with 7X scoring, the scores are going to get big you know. So 800 million will feel small … you know … at some point in the future! I can’t say exactly when.”

I’m kinda bummed with what he has to say to be honest. It sounds like all we are getting are multipliers and some wizard modes. It sounds like the game will exist exactly like it is now, but Bond needs an overhaul, adding some risk reward choices, more music, more scenes are needed to make this game better. Wizard modes and multiplyers aren’t going to help with the average players opinion of the game.

#6874 12 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I’m kinda bummed with what he has to say to be honest. It sounds like all we are getting are multipliers and some wizard modes. It sounds like the game will exist exactly like it is now, but Bond needs an overhaul, adding some risk reward choices, more music, more scenes are needed to make this game better. Wizard modes and multiplyers aren’t going to help with the average players opinion of the game.

I’ve been telling you all forever to stop hoping for a “total overhaul;” it’s not going to happen. Some
Other team isn’t going to swoop in and redo the code from scratch. That simply
Doesn’t happen. Especially
Considering the huge Investment in time and resources already spent on this project.

The bones are there. They are going to add some meat.

I don’t really see the problem. The bones are solid. The game is fun. It’s simply…STILL…missing way too much meat and polish.

There’s more to come but don’t expect a “total overhaul,” that’s not coming.

#6875 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve been telling you all forever to stop hoping for a “total overhaul;” it’s not going to happen. Some
Considering the huge Investment in time and resources already spent on this project.
I don’t really see the problem. The bones are solid. The game is fun. It’s simply…STILL…missing way too much meat and polish.

I’m not talking a total overhaul, I’m taking additives like a thunder ball scene for example. They could add choices like they do in Godzilla, choose which movie you want to complete for example.

I agree with you, I know for a fact a total overhaul isn’t coming. They could still get creative with what they have and make it a solid game.

Wizard modes aren’t going to save this game. It’s going to take more creativity.

#6876 12 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I’m taking additives like a thunder ball scene for example.

I’m fairly certain this will come via the scuba gear Q gadget mode.

I can also see each movie having some sort of mode/mini wizard mode as well when all said and done.

#6877 12 months ago

If anyone is looking for a pro I've got mine listed:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/155470

#6878 12 months ago

Shout out to mikespins for the great Union Jack shooter rod. Really looks amazing in person, so much that I ordered one for my Tommy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-flipmods/08258-union-jack-shooter-rod

CDB73552-B860-4A44-A71C-1210FE185AD5 (resized).jpegCDB73552-B860-4A44-A71C-1210FE185AD5 (resized).jpeg2FBA139B-9073-42A2-AE03-662B8350BEA6 (resized).jpeg2FBA139B-9073-42A2-AE03-662B8350BEA6 (resized).jpegD2E12E5B-A926-4DB6-B308-3894B13422F5 (resized).jpegD2E12E5B-A926-4DB6-B308-3894B13422F5 (resized).jpeg

#6879 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m fairly certain this will come via the scuba gear Q gadget mode.
I can also see each movie having some sort of mode/mini wizard mode as well when all said and done.

Exactly, there is plenty of room to mix it up without a total overhaul and make it more exciting. As it stands, most modes are way too hard for the causal player, they need balance it out, make it attractive for the casuals and also keep it interesting for us owners and pros. Deadpool was like where Bond is now when released, and they struck a perfect balance over time.

#6880 12 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Exactly, there is plenty of room to mix it up without a total overhaul and make it more exciting. As it stands, most modes are way too hard for the causal player, they need balance it out, make it attractive for the casuals and also keep it interesting for us owners and pros. Deadpool was like where Bond is now when released, and they struck a perfect balance over time.

If they could add in some of the little bits of brilliance from BM66 it would make a huge difference in a good way. If the licensor not wanting the movies mixed up is true it seems a great way to get around that and make them happy using the channel swap feature from bm66. Plus the action button needs more uses than just activating the multipliers.

#6881 12 months ago

Played a bunch today and one of the things musically that is odd is the fact that different modes such as spectre weapons at times share same track as a villain etc.. there are plenty of appropriate John Barry tracks and different sections of the same track to even use where it isn’t repetitive. Hopefully this gets improved.

#6882 12 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

If they could add in some of the little bits of brilliance from BM66 it would make a huge difference in a good way. If the licensor not wanting the movies mixed up is true it seems a great way to get around that and make them happy using the channel swap feature from bm66. Plus the action button needs more uses than just activating the multipliers.

Yeah some sort of choice is needed. It would make a world of difference.

#6883 12 months ago

Went to put a quick game on Bond just now. I had the PF up earlier, and during a game I spotted this:

20230430_212210 (resized).jpg20230430_212210 (resized).jpg

It's a dremel sanding disc. I've never had a dremel anywhere near this game. I wonder what they were dremelling in the factory...

#6884 12 months ago

Do you guys get a lot of airballs off the rocket?

#6885 12 months ago

I barely get them now that I have turned down my lower flipper power a bit. I don't seem to get them much with a captive ball shot, it seems to be more with a moving shot. I also switched to clear rubbers for the rocket and they seem a bit less dense than the black, so maybe that helps as well...?

#6886 12 months ago

Any one else not getting extra balls in Jetpack MB to register/hold over? I've collected EBs in that MB and seems like they aren't there when the MB is over.

Side note: what is stern's email for bug fixes? is it [email protected]?

#6887 12 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Side note: what is stern's email for bug fixes? is it [email protected]?

From the code release notes:

If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

#6888 12 months ago

Its now May. Any rumor to when the Bond Premiums are hitting the line? When do you think they will start shipping them?

#6890 12 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:Little Nellie and Dragon Tank installed. The Dragon Tank actually help to see the light much better because it gets lit up really well when it's flashing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you secure the little Nellie?

#6891 11 months ago

Deposit on Pro has been paid! Should be here early next week!

#6892 11 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

How did you secure the little Nellie?

I used Zots. They're rubbery glue dots you can get at most office stores or on Amazon. I just stuck one on each tire and put it in place. It hasn't moved since. I've been using the on pins for years. I attached 1/64 cares to my NASCAR years ago and they're still in place. But just a heads up, they might leave a smudge when you remove them.
Also there are some surfaces they won't stick to well. Worked great on Little Nellie's tires, but would not stick to Dragon Tank tires.

IMG_20230501_182450058 (resized).jpgIMG_20230501_182450058 (resized).jpgIMG_20230501_183152081 (resized).jpgIMG_20230501_183152081 (resized).jpg
#6893 11 months ago

Don’t be ridiculous. We don’t want a complete overhaul.

We just want everything to be changed in a substantial way, so that the gameplay is completely different in a good way. That’s all we’re asking.

Fingers crossed!

#6894 11 months ago
Quoted from Stevemoerke:

Its now May. Any rumor to when the Bond Premiums are hitting the line? When do you think they will start shipping them?

I put down a deposit on mine in early October of last year...still no word.

#6895 11 months ago

It's been a minute since I've had a machine in my house...

Are stock Stern balls hot garbage? If so, any suggestions on what to buy? And also, stock flipper rubber or should I look at something else?

#6896 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It's been a minute since I've had a machine in my house...
Are stock Stern balls hot garbage? If so, any suggestions on what to buy? And also, stock flipper rubber or should I look at something else?

Inspect the pinballs you get because some people have received bad ones from Stern. Mine were good. I put in Ball Baron Ninjas when they needed to be replaced (work well in Bond even though there is a magnet):
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

I don't know what most people use but I like the Super-Bands Flipper Rubbers:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-12-standard-size-translucent-high-gloss-super-bands-flipper-rubber-17016.html

#6897 11 months ago

The irregular shapes of many custom shooter rod handles are uncomfortable, in my opinion. The only custom handles I find comfortable are the globe style or a style which mimics a standard handle. Further, crevices in handles invite needless places for germs to harbor.

Also, handles with asymmetrical graphics/symbols or letters are problematic because they look odd when rotated off-center. I opted for this Modfather custom rod (and pingulp).

20230128_214606 (resized).jpg20230128_214606 (resized).jpg
#6898 11 months ago

Got this at TPF, not made in large quantities but has a great feel.

IMG_3231 (resized).jpegIMG_3231 (resized).jpeg
#6899 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

There must be something wrong with my rocket switches beyond what I've already discussed. I have to avoid the rocket to not immediately quality little nellie. I'll can start that mode on the ball 1 every game if I choose. I tested the opto switches for the rocket. Both work as they should. My rocket wobbles quite a bit on every hit. Every hit to rockets registers multiple switch hits as it flops around. In switch test if I hit the rocket and rocket flops back and forth each flop is a switch register, ding ding ding ding ding. This is happening in game as well and I quickly qualify little nellie. What gives compared to others?

My rocket seems to be calibrated correctly and I typically have little Nellie qualified on ball 1. It certainly doesn't feel like the rocket is over sensitive at all.

#6900 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Didn't star trek get a mini overhaul? Not sure but something rings a bell there where another programmer stepped in as it was a bitof a mess?

But yeah I agree.... don't expect a code update that significantly adds to or changes the current game structure.

Just on a personal note I thought the interview with mxv was shit for JB owners (couple of throw away lines on upcoming code imo). Possibly if there was a mortal combat pin that I paid thousands for I'd be optimistic.... because thats basically all he fu$king talked about

...... and where the eff is Lonnie? Crickets

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/138?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.