IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 313.
#6801 12 months ago

Activated attaché case twice so far, hard to do on a single ball (for me). I really hope they update the shots / progress to carry forward to the next ball. I also hope they update the call out, as it says “briefcase” but reads “attaché case” on the screen.

#6802 12 months ago
Quoted from Disruptor71:

Have seen the discussion about the bond themes already included now but only in the Mixer mode.
I agree most of them are very soft and slow and not a good fit to the play and modes, BUT what about to add the great theme from On her Majesty’s Secret from John Barry? Yes we all know it’ s not a Connery Bond but the music is very dramatic and fantastic. Even more a white Majesty flash is already there down the playfield.

Well since they already have have non Barry music from the Brosnan film Tomororrow Never Dies for ball 2 and 3 as the main back ground music, I think John Barry music from non Connery films On Her Majestys Secret Service shouldn't be breaking any licensor rules.

John Barry also did great music for Man With The Golden Gun, Moonraker, Octopussy, A View To A Kill, and The Living Daylights that could sound good in the game as well.

#6803 12 months ago
Quoted from Disruptor71:

Have seen the discussion about the bond themes already included now but only in the Mixer mode.
I agree most of them are very soft and slow and not a good fit to the play and modes, BUT what about to add the great theme from On her Majesty’s Secret from John Barry? Yes we all know it’ s not a Connery Bond but the music is very dramatic and fantastic. Even more a white Majesty flash is already there down the playfield.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the wizard mode is based on that movie. It does fall between two of Connery’s movies. Just a guess, who knows?

#6804 12 months ago

Are you guys adding playfield protectors? I’m torn if it’s worth it.

#6805 12 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I've not made it to the helicopter battle mode someone talked about, little Nellie? This sounds like a good opportunity to change one mode up with the action button blinking at certain times during game play and press it to shoot missiles and blow up the bad chopper guys on the screen.

Goddammit no!!!

It’s pinball. Not whack a mole.

Please no action button abuse!

#6806 12 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Are you guys adding playfield protectors? I’m torn if it’s worth it.

personally no as I value gameplay quality over plastic furniture slipcases preserving grandma’s couch forever.

But that’s really up to you.

#6807 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Goddammit no!!!
It’s pinball. Not whack a mole.
Please no action button abuse!

Used sparingly it can be a good change of pace but I agree no more Star Wars tie fighter or TMNT pizza eating button bashing!

The idea above of firing missiles ain’t a bad idea though could be fun, how about using the prem/le lock a little more and lock a ball for a little Nellie missle lock, action button releases ball/ball and shoot the upper loop or ramp for a hit.

#6808 12 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

That would be too hard to control. Better to build up the base of the rocket evenly all the way around. Heat shrink is an easy way or I suppose a few layers of tape all the way around the base would work also. It doesn't take much to make a difference.

The weather strip was what I did. Took some trial and error for sure. I would argue it is easer to move one piece of weather stripping than adding or removing layers of tape/heat shrink to get things right though. To each their own. I am still waiting to hear if there is any "official" adjustment that could be done.

You mentioned your issue was with a rocket mod, my problem was with the stock rocket.

#6809 12 months ago

Just packed up my Bond Premium and brought it up the hill for the Allentown Pinball Show's tournament next week if anyone wants to play it in the tournament. Gotta spread out my pin moving to save my back. Of note, before moving it my Bond was competing very well with the Elvira House of Horrors next to it. Very different games and obviously Elvira is a coding masterpiece, but both are on the same realm of fun now with the latest code update.

#6810 12 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just packed up my Bond Premium and brought it up the hill for the Allentown Pinball Show's tournament next week if anyone wants to play it in the tournament. Gotta spread out my pin moving to save my back. Of note, before moving it my Bond was competing very well with the Elvira House of Horrors next to it. Very different games and obviously Elvira is a coding masterpiece, but both are on the same realm of fun now with the latest code update.

I've still never played a premium version of this game so looking forward to checking it out!

#6811 12 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

The idea above of firing missiles ain’t a bad idea though could be fun

I agree with this. It’s a nice challenge when a coder temps/dares you to take your hand off the flipper button for some free points.

#6812 12 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I agree with this. It’s a nice challenge when a coder temps/dares you to take your hand off the flipper button for some free points.

Totally agree with these points - find different ways to use the action button - not just frantic button bashing. A timed hit maybe where you have to hit the target as it scrolls past could be cool. Something more about accuracy and timing. I mean, target shooting and James Bond shouldn't be a hard thing to match up!

#6813 12 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The weather strip was what I did. Took some trial and error for sure. I would argue it is easer to move one piece of weather stripping than adding or removing layers of tape/heat shrink to get things right though. To each their own. I am still waiting to hear if there is any "official" adjustment that could be done.
You mentioned your issue was with a rocket mod, my problem was with the stock rocket.

I had the issue with the rocket as well. Only one of the two opto switches was registering. Physically moving the rocket around the ring would only break the plane of one of the switches. As others have said there is no switch adjustments to be made. I opened a ticket with Stern. They said to loosen the bolt securing the rocket. That did the trick but at first it was too loose as the rocket rotated and the graphic was in the back. Snugged it up a tad and now it works as expected. The tape, shrink, weather stripping are all good solutions if the bolt doesn't solve it. That what I was going to do next and I may still do. Need to take a follow up look and test some more. I have to avoid the rocket to not get Little Nellie every game first.

#6814 12 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

They said to loosen the bolt securing the rocket. That did the trick but at first it was too loose as the rocket rotated and the graphic was in the back. Snugged it up a tad and now it works as expected. The tape, shrink, weather stripping are all good solutions if the bolt doesn't solve it. That what I was going to do next and I may still do. Need to take a follow up look and test some more. I have to avoid the rocket to not get Little Nellie every game first.

The first thing I tried was loosening the bolt, but mine seemed to have two states, super loose where the rocket was rotating around like you mentioned, or super tight.

Quoted from SimplePin:

Need to take a follow up look and test some more. I have to avoid the rocket to not get Little Nellie every game first.

I think I have mine right. It won't trigger when nudging, and won't trigger when you slightly move the rocket by hand, but does trigger for pretty much every ball hit. I don't know if that is still too easy, would be great to have "designer notes" for newly released games that describe how each element is supposed to work (where the ball ejects to from a scoop, how a ball should leave an orbit) with notes on adjusting the mechs if needs be. A man can dream.

#6815 12 months ago

Can someone explain to me what the rocket is exactly supposed to do and how to test if it is working correctly in the set up menus?

What switch am I supposed to be testing for?

I take it I have to open up the coin door, pull the knob, so electricity is lit and then move the rocket and see if the registers.???

Y’all are making me rocket nervous lol

#6816 12 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:Can someone explain to me what the rocket is exactly supposed to do and how to test if it is working correctly in the set up menus?

What switch am I supposed to be testing for?

I take it I have to open up the coin door, pull the knob, so electricity is lit and then move the rocket and see if the registers.???

Y’all are making me rocket nervous lol

Yes. Go into the switch test diagnostics with the knob pulled, and move the rocket. There are two rocket optos, 1 and 2. 1 should trigger as you move the rocket towards the front of the game, 2 should trigger as you move it towards the back of the game.

On mine, the second opto never triggered no matter how I moved the rocket.

#6817 12 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yes. Go into the switch test diagnostics with the knob pulled, and move the rocket. There are two rocket optos, 1 and 2. 1 should trigger as you move the rocket towards the front of the game, 2 should trigger as you move it towards the back of the game.
On mine, the second opto never triggered no matter how I moved the rocket.

Thank you very much I appreciate it

#6818 12 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The difference between the two rockets was very, very small and I think the same single layer of heat shrink would work on either.

#6819 12 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

The difference between the two rockets was very, very small and I think the same single layer of heat shrink would work on either.

Possibly. There should be a better fix than either weather stripping or heat shrink though. Maybe if I am feeling really stupid I will completely unbolt the rocket and mess around.

#6820 12 months ago

For those sitting on the fence about the Project_Pinball Bond LE raffle, 7 tickets left, time to get on it!

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/james-bond-007-limited-edition-pinballmachineraffle/Campaign/Details

#6821 12 months ago

I just watched Thunderball again. As someone mentioned earlier the instrumental music from the underwater struggle and ending of Largo would be great in this game and cheap!

#6822 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've still never played a premium version of this game so looking forward to checking it out!

The premium/le does have some nice Gomez kinetic action. I disagree with whole prem/le kills the flow. Gomez games to me means clever ball kinetics which doesn't always equate to flow. Tbh that word is starting to grate me slightly the diverter to the vuk then wireform to lock is cool to watch and provides a break for the player and visible progression plus gives 2 paths for that center shot. It also gives the player a chance to belt out some bonus in the top lanes when a new ball is spat out after the lock. The jetpack is also starting to be a very cool interactive toy and I like the uncommon position of the target on the tank. Jmo

My only gripe on the layout is the tank target... should have been a captive ball like metallica pro coffin.

#6823 12 months ago

Just noticed this (wood shavings), changed balls out a 100 games, no damaged but just to be safe. Think it could be from the launcher, or maybe termites.....Is this normal, now I'm concerned about my investment.

20230427_202148 (resized).jpg20230427_202148 (resized).jpg
#6824 12 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Just noticed this (wood shavings), changed balls out a 100 games, no damaged but just to be safe. Think it could be from the launcher, or maybe termites.....Is this normal, now I'm concerned about my investment.
[quoted image]

for what i can see on the pic, seems these are plastic small parts coming from the white shaft just under the jetpack, being not right in the middle, and than hurting the metal plate when moving up/down... !?

#6825 12 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

[quoted image]

I have same thing on my le. Is it wood or plastic? I thought it might be from the up post on the ramp scraping on something. Given where the shavings are ending up im sure its coming from something scraping when that up post goes off. Just a theory but its so small to the point of insignificant I wouldn't be too concerned. Im not and the game also cost me 20500... ouch.
Also your going to be up for some serious ball costs if you change every 100, jmo but they shouldn't need switching out that regularly even it being a metal heavy game. I do the ones on my avengers every 4 to 500 and that game has easy the same metal on metal action.

#6826 12 months ago
Quoted from BondLE:

[quoted image]

Plastic shavings. You are shaving the up post. I would check to see if there is any minor adjustment you can make to the post mech under the PF to center so it does not scrape. Doubtful the ramp can be adjusted that much.

#6827 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Plastic shavings. You are shaving the up post. I would check to see if there is any minor adjustment you can make to the post mech under the PF to center so it does not scrape. Doubtful the ramp can be adjusted that much.

FWIW: I had asked my pinball tech to examine those shavings, too. He didn't think it was anything to be concerned about.

#6828 12 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

The premium/le does have some nice Gomez kinetic action. I disagree with whole prem/le kills the flow. Gomez games to me means clever ball kinetics which doesn't always equate to flow. Tbh that word is starting to grate me slightly the diverter to the vuk then wireform to lock is cool to watch and provides a break for the player and visible progression plus gives 2 paths for that center shot. It also gives the player a chance to belt out some bonus in the top lanes when a new ball is spat out after the lock. The jetpack is also starting to be a very cool interactive toy and I like the uncommon position of the target on the tank. Jmo
My only gripe on the layout is the tank target... should have been a captive ball like metallica pro coffin.

If locks aren’t lit, does a shot to the center lock feed the upper flipper like on a pro?

Is a made left ramp shot always stopped at the jetpack? Or does that ever move out of the way for a clean shot back to the left flipper?

#6829 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If locks aren’t lit, does a shot to the center lock feed the upper flipper like on a pro?

Is a made left ramp shot always stopped at the jetpack? Or does that ever move out of the way for a clean shot back to the left flipper?

Yes
No, if Jetpack Multiball isn't available it passes through onto the wireform.

#6830 12 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I just watched Thunderball again. As someone mentioned earlier the instrumental music from the underwater struggle and ending of Largo would be great in this game and cheap!

Scuba gear Q mode not in game yet, maybe it’s the fight scene with music? Agree it should be in game.

#6831 12 months ago

My second post. Scroll up for musings on the "Art". A final post on the code to come soon.

Layout - its very good. The side ramp shot is amazing and as a skill shot just makes me keep hitting the start button one more time. No shots are easy (except the drop targets/rocket) but you can play aggressive and get away with it. No shots are too risky to not try (some other pins I just know a miss from the upper flipper is going to burn me). The left reverse eject shot is clever; if hit behind the upper flipper with the upper flipper down its a surprisingly reliable shot. The main right orbit is also nicely repeatable. One complaint is the position of the spinner which introduces a bit of randomness to the ball path to the upper flipper hampering repeatability. And a bit too much pops I guess also, the more that upper gate is open the better.

#6832 12 months ago

Agreed with the others that your shavings appear to be coming from the up-post -- look how off-center it is, through that hole:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

It looks like it's positioned too far forward (toward the player) so it's shaving itself on the edge of the hole in the metal each time it goes up. You'll have to check how it's installed and see if there's play in its positioning (e.g., loosening screws / repositioning / retightening screws), etc.

#6833 12 months ago

Looks like that hole is a little rough. Could be sanded smooth to take any sharp edges or burrs off.

#6834 12 months ago

Oooohhhh....so close....my NIB Pro arrived at my local terminal this morning but it hasn't been inventoried yet, so it is looking like Monday for me. Whomp, whomp. First world problems.
But maybe my siderails/door/lockdown bar/legs etc... are completed by my powdercoater on Monday so I won't have to install the black legs only to replace them with the powdercoated legs.

#6835 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Center shot feels the same when the ball isn't being diverted. Bond only comes to pick up the ball at start of jpm otherwise just follows through to left flipper as per pro. I've played a showroom pro for context.

I will say that you need to be a little more strategic when lighting rocket locks. If you're in a mode that needs upper flipper shots the locking of the ball will obviously prevent this so effectively takes the center shot out of play to feed the upper flipper.

#6836 12 months ago
Quoted from John1210:

Center shot feels the same when the ball isn't being diverted. Bond only comes to pick up the ball at start of jpm otherwise just follows through to left flipper as per pro. I've played a showroom pro for context.
I will say that you need to be a little more strategic when lighting rocket locks. If you're in a mode that needs upper flipper shots the locking of the ball will obviously prevent this so effectively takes the center shot out of play to feed the upper flipper.

I fail so many modes on my Premium because I cant get that ball up on left flipper!

Yeah, yeah… “play better,” but damn that B1MB lock gets me so damn often.

#6837 12 months ago

Apologies if this has been discussed and I missed, but is Anyone else have issues with little Nellie? I feel like after I make the first lit shot or maybe the second, the next shot to progress isn’t lit? I have to guess by making random shots and only then something else lights up?

#6838 12 months ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Apologies if this has been discussed and I missed, but is Anyone else have issues with little Nellie? I feel like after I make the first lit shot or maybe the second, the next shot to progress isn’t lit? I have to guess by making random shots and only then something else lights up?

After you hit the right ramp then you have to hit the drop targets to light the right ramp again until the mode starts a multiball. Basically the mode is right ramp…drops and repeat until the multiball is ready and starts at the right ramp. You can also build the jackpot shots (in the 2 ball multiball) by hitting the drops as much as you like before you start the multiball…pretty cool mode.

#6839 12 months ago

Going to be joining the Pro club very soon.

Any fun mods worth grabbing while I wait?

#6840 12 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I fail so many modes on my Premium because I cant get that ball up on left flipper!
Yeah, yeah… “play better,” but damn that B1MB lock gets me so damn often.

I went into settings and added 5 seconds to every mode... which i feel is a good compromise. It makes yoy think about how you handle the drop bank which I like and using that ro ket gate shot also. The further you progress in the game.the less the ball locks are something to think about as it gets harder to qualify. The whole thing just means more strategy and thinking ahead.

#6841 12 months ago

I don't think there is anything to register the ball coming down from the top lane to the center bird one lane. Missed opportunity for a skill shot on the plunge to judge it just right and have it come down the middle into play. That would have been a cool risky reward. Avengers has something similiar.

#6842 12 months ago

I would just like to reiterate that smacking the rocket and seeing “11 more for Q branch” on the screen is just depressing.

ELEVEN?!?!

Note: any “do this double digit times” thing in pinball is going to be painfully woodchoppy and does not lend itself to being fun, nor any kind of strategy that’s worth going for if the player is playing to win a game.

#6843 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would just like to reiterate that smacking the rocket and seeing “11 more for Q branch” on the screen is just depressing.
ELEVEN?!?!

Yes, it does kind of invoke that spell "international rescue" feeling.

#6844 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ELEVEN?!?!
Note: any “do this double digit times” thing in pinball is going to be painfully woodchoppy and does not lend itself to being fun, nor any kind of strategy that’s worth going for if the player is playing to win a game.

I guess if you’re trying to go straight for LN Q mode it might seem a bit wood choppy. To me it seems to feel natural as you go for Spectre modes and light ball locks for B1 multiball since you’re already bashing that area. I think during B1 multiball might also count towards LN Q mode but I’ll have to pay a bit more attention on my next Bond session. It seems I play B1 more than the other Q modes but maybe it’s just how I attack the game.

#6845 12 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Check out the Bond mods thread. Lots of good ideas.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread

#6846 12 months ago

I have a spare little Nellie, $20 shipped continental to the first to pm me. Nice detail, small size one so it's easy to place. Ordered them from Europe and accidentally placed it for 3, lol.

PXL_20230429_165412328 (resized).jpgPXL_20230429_165412328 (resized).jpgPXL_20230429_165424285 (resized).jpgPXL_20230429_165424285 (resized).jpg
#6847 12 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have two alternative translite available if interested. One includes some Roger Moore images. PM for details. Thanks.

76E5657B-D534-4010-A4FD-87BF7884E552 (resized).jpeg76E5657B-D534-4010-A4FD-87BF7884E552 (resized).jpeg836122C3-C04C-402C-9CE1-16B5B8D1D802 (resized).jpeg836122C3-C04C-402C-9CE1-16B5B8D1D802 (resized).jpeg
#6848 12 months ago

Stern ball trap kit install instructions

#6849 12 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Stern ball trap kit install instructions

Funny enough, when I went to install my ball trap kit, I found it was already done at the factory. Must have been why I didn't get ball hang ups in the first place. So, if you have a later build game, you won't need this.

#6850 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ELEVEN?!?!

There must be something wrong with my rocket switches beyond what I've already discussed. I have to avoid the rocket to not immediately quality little nellie. I'll can start that mode on the ball 1 every game if I choose. I tested the opto switches for the rocket. Both work as they should. My rocket wobbles quite a bit on every hit. Every hit to rockets registers multiple switch hits as it flops around. In switch test if I hit the rocket and rocket flops back and forth each flop is a switch register, ding ding ding ding ding. This is happening in game as well and I quickly qualify little nellie. What gives compared to others?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/137?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.