IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 313.
#551 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

I think this was meant for Mrsiyufy over in the Bond Mod thread!

Thanks! Lol

#552 1 year ago

Just got the call from FedEx. Bond lands on Thursday and I beat my goal of getting it before Christmas!!

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Just got the call from FedEx. Bond lands on Thursday and I beat my goal of getting it before Christmas!!

Does that mean you're not gonna show up at my place tomorrow night cause I get it first? lol

#554 1 year ago

Baby, it's cold outside. I'm gonna be moving pins around to make space I reckon.

Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

Does that mean you're not gonna show up at my place tomorrow night cause I get it first? lol

#555 1 year ago

Loving the Pro!

20221220_154749 (resized).jpg20221220_154749 (resized).jpg
#556 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

Don’t worry…I’ll still show up. I just have to crash glasairpilot ’s joint first since he sent out his address earlier…at least I assume that he was insisting we all stop by, anyway.

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Don’t worry…I’ll still show up. I just have to crash glasairpilot ’s joint first since he sent out his address earlier…at least I assume that he was insisting we all stop by, anyway.

More the merrier! You are only about 2100 miles away from me

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

More the merrier! You are only about 2100 miles away from me

I'm coming too!

#559 1 year ago

Had two problems so far:

First is shooter rod was misaligned. Easy fix, but annoying - only presented itself on full plunge where it rattled against the ball eject mech.

Second was dimond spinner came out, again easy fix, rebent the bracket after it was reinserted.

That's it. Very pretty game, very fast moving and genuinely a fun play.

I still haven't figured out quite how to consistently hit the "henchmen" shot/ramp - I can brick it pretty consistently with lower left flipper, but upper left flipper - man.... staging it? Tough. Have to shoot the rocket and hope/help it drain left out of there and time it just right.

The henchmen shot to me is the one I have the hardest time with.

#560 1 year ago

Anyone put a shaker motor in yet? Any code.for it?

#561 1 year ago

Is it true Gary Stern stepped down as CEO today?

#562 1 year ago
#563 1 year ago

Okay if yall are all coming then I’ll drive up too.

Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm coming too!

#564 1 year ago

So, two questions and one comment.

1. How are the movie modes completed? I have yet to get more than two movie modes lit and have no idea I I lit them.

2. What are the other 6 skill shots? Classified skill shot it is hitting the lit upper lane without using the flipper button to move the light. MI6 skill shot is hitting the lit upper light by moving it with the flipper button. No idea how to hit any other skill shots.

Comment: I consider myself an above average player. With that said, I can only hit the left orbit/jet pack ramp 1/3 of the time, henchman ramp 1/10th of the time, and villain ramp 1/3 of the time. I have 50 games on this machine and just can’t get the flow even if I don’t play my other games that screw up my timing.

#565 1 year ago

1. How are the movie modes completed? I have yet to get move than two movie modes lit and have no idea I I lit them.
2. What are the other 6 skill shots? Classified skill shot it is hitting the lit upper lane without using the flipper button to move the light. MI6 skill shot is hitting the lit upper light by moving it with the flipper button. No idea how to hit any other skill shots.
Comment: I consider myself an above average player. With that said, I can only hit the left orbit/jet pack ramp 1/3 of the time, henchman ramp 1/10th of the time, and villain ramp 1/3 of the time. I have 50 games on this machine and just can’t get the flow even if I don’t play my other games that screw up my timing.

I'll let you know when I get there! LOL

#566 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I make this plate to cover the IC sticker. Should have an actual photo in the next week or so. Comes in silver text/logos with a black background. Thanks.[quoted image]

That decal comes off very easily. First thing I do on any new game take off. It’s fugly and completely unnecessary for a home use game.

#567 1 year ago

1. How are the movie modes completed? I have yet to get more than two movie modes lit and have no idea I I lit them.

They aren't in the code yet.

#568 1 year ago

What are the other 6 skill shots? Classified skill shot it is hitting the lit upper lane without using the flipper button to move the light. MI6 skill shot is hitting the lit upper light by moving it with the flipper button. No idea how to hit any other skill shots.

Hold down the left flipper button and launch the ball, which should pass the upper gate and come to your left flipper. Hit it into Q before 4 or 5 switch hits.

I think there are only 3 skill shots in the game right now. I haven't found any others.

Above average is your problem. Your muscle memory of standard shot layouts is betraying you.

Give it more time. It took me well over 100 games before I started getting a feel for the shots. They are NOT like other pins. That left orbit is just enough different that you brick it a lot while learning the shots.

#569 1 year ago

Waiting for Bond Prem…

A85435EE-ED94-4CC1-BFD5-FCF38074626C (resized).jpegA85435EE-ED94-4CC1-BFD5-FCF38074626C (resized).jpeg
#570 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses. So the movie modes are not in the code yet? They just light up randomly?

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Waiting for Bond Prem…
[quoted image]

Yeah seriously..longest wait ever for a stern

#572 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That decal comes off very easily. First thing I do on any new game take off. It’s fugly and completely unnecessary for a home use game.

Hopefully the second thing you do is throw it away. I dislike them so much I remove them at unboxing before even turning on the game.

#573 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can get this missing pad and bracket asap? I am not comfortable playing the machine without it. I did reach out to my distro. I did look on marco and pinball life. I am looking for the fastest solution.

IMG_0336 (resized).jpegIMG_0336 (resized).jpeg
#574 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Waiting for Bond Prem

Quoted from Psw757:

You guys are gonna get them way before us
Distro is now showing March instead of Feb.
Bloody tough watching you all get machines and enjoying them, might have to jump on a big ol' jet airliner and land at glasairpilot's place
I'll have a large bourbon and some prawns on the barbie thanks!!

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Yes, it shakes when you hit a lit shot during a multiball or one of the modes.

#576 1 year ago

All of the sudden I can’t make it up the back ramp.

#577 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Does anyone know where I can get this missing pad and bracket asap? I am not comfortable playing the machine without it. I did reach out to my distro. I did look on marco and pinball life. I am looking for the fastest solution.
[quoted image]

The pad is :
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5057-01

And maybe this for the plate:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-01

The manual calls for 535-1355-00, but no one seems to have it.

Screws are just 4-40 X 5/16" PFH - you can probably get those at Ace Hardware.

In the mean time, you can take a post rubber and slice it the full length to the center and then slip that over the exposed metal as a temporary fix.

#578 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bring it up to at least 6.5, maybe even 6.7 and see if that takes care of it.

Do you think when I changed the pitch to 6.5 it could have caused the back ramp to reject every time? The pitch does fix the stuck ball though.

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Godzilla premiums would like you to hold their beer…

Waited over a year for my GZ Prem on a day 1 order. This is nothing.

#580 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Do you think when I changed the pitch to 6.5 it could have caused the back ramp to reject every time?

I doubt it, but is the machine dead level left to right after adjusting the pitch? Check with a real level, if possible and not an app. In a pinch you can put a pinball on the seam between the lockdown edge and the glass. If the ball doesn't move at all, left to right, it's level.

#581 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I doubt it, but is the machine dead level left to right after adjusting the pitch? Check with a real level, if possible and not an app. In a pinch you can put a pinball on the seam between the lockdown edge and the glass. If the ball doesn't move at all, left to right, it's level.

I think I found it. The game is level left to right if I set the level on the lockdown bar or on the glass. If I set the level on the playfield it’s slightly off. The right is high.

When I got my game the two hooks in the front of the playfield would not go back into their slots when I lowered the playfield they were off 1/4 “ so I had to bend them now the one on the right is bent a little more than the one on the left. I’ll square it up tomorrow and hopefully that fixes it.

#582 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I think I found it. The game is level left to right if I set the level on the lockdown bar or on the glass. If I set the level on the playfield it’s slightly off. The right is high.
When I got my game the two hooks in the front of the playfield would not go back into their slots when I lowered the playfield they were off 1/4 “ so I had to bend them now the one on the right is bent a little more than the one on the left. I’ll square it up tomorrow and hopefully that fixes it.

Level can make a big difference with just a little change. The last GotG I had was having ball launch problems I couldn't understand and it turned out the L/R level was just a little off. Fixed that and ball launch became consistent again.

#583 1 year ago

Just out of curiosity do Bonds have the playfield alignment brackets?

I know Stern removed them saying they weren’t necessary anymore but I feel like that’s been disproved. Just wondering if Stern have admitted they do still need them and reintroduced them or if the are sticking to their guns that they’re not needed. Thanks

#584 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Loving the Pro!
[quoted image]

How do you compare it to your GB in terms of layout, shots and toys?

#585 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I know Stern removed them saying they weren’t necessary anymore but I feel like that’s been disproved. Just wondering if Stern have admitted they do still need them and reintroduced them or if the are sticking to their guns that they’re not needed. Thanks

They do not have them.

#586 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I believe they’re gone. Don’t recall seeing them when I put my mirrors on.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I think extremely minimal utilization of it so far, as expected on 0.70 “preview” code.

#588 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Our LE has those brackets. Does anyone know where to order them for the three or so machines we have that DONT have them?

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They do not have them.

Quoted from ATLpb:

I believe they’re gone. Don’t recall seeing them when I put my mirrors on.

Thanks for the replies. It’s a bummer they haven’t put them back. Whatever they think they’ve done to the cabinets to not need them hasn’t been successful, the playfields can still move side to side without them, sometimes messing up auto or manual plunges.

#590 1 year ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Our LE has those brackets. Does anyone know where to order them for the three or so machines we have that DONT have them?

Interesting, LE only feature lol.

https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html

#591 1 year ago

The game rules. Best stern release in ages. So much fun.

Asking about rules and such is pointless as code is so primitive the game doesn’t even have a status check. Just flip the ball all around and get the two multiballs and enjoy.

Settle in and be patient in months this will be a whole new game.

Love it!

2C75652D-875C-40AC-8CC5-88A9A35DF239 (resized).jpeg2C75652D-875C-40AC-8CC5-88A9A35DF239 (resized).jpeg

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I don’t know why they would put them in one game and not another, but mine definitely does not have them.

#593 1 year ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

My LE has them too.

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game rules. Best stern release in ages. So much fun.
Asking about rules and such is pointless as code is so primitive the game doesn’t even have a status check. Just flip the ball all around and get the two multiballs and enjoy.
Settle in and be patient in months this will be a whole new game.
Love it!
[quoted image]

I agree - 100%, but Godzilla was pretty awesome too!

#595 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Level can make a big difference with just a little change. The last GotG I had was having ball launch problems I couldn't understand and it turned out the L/R level was just a little off. Fixed that and ball launch became consistent again.

I’m back in business! Thanks PinMonk now I just need to order one of your quiet fans!

#596 1 year ago

Anyone else missing a screw right here? Not sure if it’s missing by design or mistake?

97C82EB2-CCD7-4D6E-8AB6-253D6EE54BBF (resized).jpeg97C82EB2-CCD7-4D6E-8AB6-253D6EE54BBF (resized).jpeg
#597 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Anyone else missing a screw right here? Not sure if it’s missing by design or mistake?
[quoted image]

Yep, same here. Hadn’t noticed that one but this one surprised me (the left plastic that sticks up in the air)

EE1063B6-CB1D-47E8-BE01-C9160401E31F (resized).jpegEE1063B6-CB1D-47E8-BE01-C9160401E31F (resized).jpeg
#598 1 year ago

The 2 photos/issues above are the same on my game (missing screw on right clear plastic and left plastic sticking up). There is no hole on the clear plastic for a third screw.

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

The 2 photos/issues above are the same on my game (missing screw on right clear plastic and left plastic sticking up). There is no hole on the clear plastic for a third screw.

Ok cool then it must be by design. Thanks

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Samezies

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.