IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 313.
#5801 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tiffany case makes triumphant comeback!?
Have you guys heard anything from Felix, or James?

Yes. They were in the slammer.

#5802 1 year ago

this one is pretty interesting.

Added logic to the game to allow/disallow right orbit shots to activate the Orbit
Control Gate. When a Mode/Multiball is not active a shot to the Right Orbit will
either activate the Orbit Control Gate or divert the ball into the Pop Bumpers. The
right Back Panel Flasher indicates which action will be taken, i.e. Flasher ON = Activate
Orbit Control Game, Flasher OFF = Divert balls into the Pop Bumpers. Shots to the
Tank Target toggle the state of the Back Panel Flasher.

#5803 1 year ago

This was also in the code update email:

"Make sure you are subscribed and tune in to the Dead Flip Twitch channel tomorrow night to see the new code in action!"

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

It looks like it's always 7pm eastern time.

#5804 1 year ago

No additional Q modes? Damn it

#5805 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No additional Q modes? Damn it

That was known. Skill shots and combos Gomez said awhile ago, wasn't expecting any new modes.

#5806 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Added logic to the game to allow/disallow right orbit shots to activate the Orbit
Control Gate. When a Mode/Multiball is not active a shot to the Right Orbit will
either activate the Orbit Control Gate or divert the ball into the Pop Bumpers. The
right Back Panel Flasher indicates which action will be taken, i.e. Flasher ON = Activate
Orbit Control Game, Flasher OFF = Divert balls into the Pop Bumpers. Shots to the

I think this is Premium/LE only, even though it has it in the Pro notes. I saw no difference in orbit behavior, and the Pro doesn't have a flasher in the back right. The flasher is in the diagnostics test for the Pro, as well, so was confused for a bit...

EDIT: Nm, just tested it by hand, and the tank target will change the orbit control gate when making the right orbit. Still don't see a visual indicator though.

EDIT2: So don't know if I have a flasher out, or if the code is using flasher 173, which doesn't exist on the Pro. Maybe I'll ask during the stream tomorrow.

#5807 1 year ago

Just played "Feeding Frenzy" and no shots were lit up identifying what needs to be hit

#5808 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Just played "Feeding Frenzy" and no shots were lit up identifying what needs to be hit

I thought it was just the drop targets lit up green...?

#5809 1 year ago

Multipliers? Looks like we are still waiting.

#5810 1 year ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

I thought it was just the drop targets lit up green...?

It’s drop targets. People seem to have a tough time figuring this out.

#5811 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s drop targets. People seem to have a tough time figuring this out.

forgot about that. thanks lol

#5812 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

forgot about that. thanks lol

Pro tip - stack with jetpack!

You cannot stack with with bird one.

#5813 1 year ago

It's really nice being able to see the Skill Shots...not like that actually helped when it came to hitting them.

Still can't complain. First game under new code over 621,000,000.

#5814 1 year ago

I'm curious how the Pro will manage the changes when it is lacking the back panel flasher.

Notes from the pro code update:

The right Back Panel Flasher indicates which action will be taken, i.e. Flasher ON = Activate Orbit Control Game, Flasher OFF = Divert balls into the Pop Bumpers. Shots to the Tank Target toggle the state of the Back Panel Flasher.

#5815 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

I'm curious how the Pro will manage the changes when it is lacking the back panel flasher.

Right now, it appears there is no visual indicator on the Pro.

#5816 1 year ago

I played a couple games. I thought I would like the new combo stuff more than I do.

There are no callouts associated with them that I've heard, so it's a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of deal.

I also find that they really get logjammed in terms of what's displayed. It's not at all tight, especially if you've got other stuff queued up.

Finally, after 3~ games on the new code I hit Combo Champ at 37 combos. I didn't feel like I earned that. I bet a bunch of those were from various multiballs.

It's a positive step forward overall. Still a long ways to go.

#5817 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I played a couple games. I thought I would like the new combo stuff more than I do.
There are no callouts associated with them that I've heard, so it's a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of deal.
I also find that they really get logjammed in terms of what's displayed. It's not at all tight, especially if you've got other stuff queued up.
Finally, after 3~ games on the new code I hit Combo Champ at 37 combos. I didn't feel like I earned that. I bet a bunch of those were from various multiballs.
It's a positive step forward overall. Still a long ways to go.

Compared to most games at this stage Bond seems to have a real lack of call-outs maybe it’s part of the license issues they ran into but we need more Connery he had some great lines.

And there’s enough sound bites and lines from the films to tag something specific to the combos or the majority of them at least, as you say having nothing feeding back to the player they’ve achieved them makes them a missable feature, having an audio que tied to them would be nice.

#5818 1 year ago

Pitchfork pussies might be happy for a day or two.

#5819 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Pitchfork pussies might be happy for a day or two.

Have another.

#5820 1 year ago

I just updated yesterday… guess have to do it again.

#5821 1 year ago

My thoughts so far on the update after a few games on my Pro:

1) Combos are there, but you don't really notice. Text appears on the display, but no callout so easy to miss that you did anything. From the notes there is sound fx, but maybe didn't hear it because I was mainly getting the combos in multiball.

2) Not having a visual indicator on the Pro as to what state the orbit control gate is in makes it so you don't really notice that either.

3) Went through the songs in the DJ Mixer, and was nice to see the vocal versions of a couple of the movies in there. Still not a lot of tracks though. I know they can't get the Shirley Bassey version of Goldfinger licensed, but what about the instrumental from the soundtrack? I think having the different theme songs randomly playing for a bit at game end would be the best use, I can see how they aren't really suitable for modes.

4) I like the added skill shots.

Small but positive steps. Obviously still missing a lot of modes and a ton of polish.

#5822 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Have another.

Another what?

#5823 1 year ago

He’s insinuating you’re drunk for making a spot on comment.

#5824 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

He’s insinuating you’re drunk for making a spot on comment.

Ha ha!

It is 10.30am in Australia and I am recovering from major surgery. Alcohol is the furthest thing from my mind right now.

People can be so wrong with all their ass umptions.

Code will come.

#5825 1 year ago

First game on the new code and I got my high score and 81 combos! There is a little sound effect and the screen flashes "Rosa Klebb combo" or "Dr. No combo" but obviously they are easy to miss when you are looking down.

#5826 1 year ago

Both in terms of presentation and gameplay, what sense does it make to allow combo scoring during multiball? It feels like such scoring should be a feature limited to single ball play.

#5827 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Went through the songs in the DJ Mixer, and was nice to see the vocal versions of a couple of the movies in there. Still not a lot of tracks though. I know they can't get the Shirley Bassey version of Goldfinger licensed, but what about the instrumental from the soundtrack?

I think I heard little some of Goldfinger instrumental music when I entered my initials after getting a high score.

#5828 1 year ago

The music additions are nice. Hopefully at some point we see them somewhere other than the dj mixer. Alternating game over song or something like that would be good.

Still hoping when the dust settles with code updates we can get the other two in with PB

#5829 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think I heard little some of Goldfinger instrumental music when I entered my initials after getting a high score.

Interesting, I'll have to listen closer next time. Doesn't seem to be in the DJ Mixer mode though. Maybe not all tracks are in that yet.

#5830 1 year ago

711 million
106 Combos

First time with B,JB mode. Love a timed mode that drains your balls when done.

Such a fun game.

#5831 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I heard it too,I like all the new Music.

#5832 1 year ago

How do you get to the DJ mixer mode? I thought you held the flippers for a few seconds, but no go for me.
Thanks

#5833 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I heard it too,I like all the new Music.

Had my LE since .87 - the high score initial screen has always sounded like it had some Goldfinger instrumental music in it- at least I thought so.

Loving that the code is coming along - multiplier via action button sorely missing aside - I think by 1.0 by the end of the year it will be really nice!

#5834 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

How do you get to the DJ mixer mode? I thought you held the flippers for a few seconds, but no go for me.
Thanks

Works for me with just holding both flippers. You might have to be on free play if you aren't.

#5835 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Thanks

You first have to turn it to "on" in the settings. It's "off" by default.

#5836 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

First time with B,JB mode. Love a timed mode that drains your balls when done.

#5837 1 year ago

Skill shots should be different values. The others are too easy to be the same points as the Q-Branch. I love hitting that one and hate that other shots are the same value...Feels unjust. However I do like hitting the side loop from the plunge and combo then the henchman ramp and still getting skill shot points. Please don't post if you find the secret skill shot first. I enjoy finding them on my own...Maybe I'll stay off the web till I find it.

#5838 1 year ago

At 6.388 GB Bond has more code in it at version .89, than any other game to my recollection.

#5839 1 year ago

For some odd reason, the new code won't download for me. It'll stop downloading and say it's up to date with .88 code. Anyone ever experienced that issue?

#5840 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

For some odd reason, the new code won't download for me. It'll stop downloading and say it's up to date with .88 code. Anyone ever experienced that issue?

You are not connected. Check your network and test the connection.

#5841 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You are not connected. Check your network and test the connection.

Network was fine. Started to download and ran for 40 minutes. I had Rush updating right beside it with no issue. Maybe that particular machine is losing connection.

#5842 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Quoted from Looprunner:

Bad connection, low signal. I think I've seen this. Looks like you are connected,
But it's not a good enough connection or some weirdness.

#5843 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Network was fine. Started to download and ran for 40 minutes. I had Rush updating right beside it with no issue. Maybe that particular machine is losing connection.

Yes that’s likely. Saw that the other night with Bond. Wouldn’t connect. Multiple reboots and finally it did.

#5844 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes that’s likely. Saw that the other night with Bond. Wouldn’t connect. Multiple reboots and finally it did.

Sounds exactly like what I'm seeing. The funny thing is that machines closer to the router. LOL. I'll give it a couple of tries. Also check the Wi-Fi adapter to make sure it's not loose or anything crazy like that. Thanks all!

#5845 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Interesting, I'll have to listen closer next time. Doesn't seem to be in the DJ Mixer mode though. Maybe not all tracks are in that yet.

Here's where the the high score enter your initials music comes from. It uses some of the beginning part put on a loop. It's a march with the Goldfinger instrumental theme in the background.

John Barry masterfully incorporates the instrumental music of each of movies main theme song with other incidental music throughout the its soundtrack.

#5846 1 year ago

I don’t fuck with the wi fi for updates. Just easier and quicker for
Me
To do USB. I’ve had many failed wi fi updates.

About to fire up the new code!

Even Spock has put away the pitchforks? Or is he still in a pon-Farr style rage?

Been happy the last few weeks. I think we all just have abandonment issues.

#5847 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

You first have to turn it to "on" in the settings. It's "off" by default.

Thank you.

#5848 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even Spock has put away the pitchforks? Or is he still in a pon-Farr style rage?

Dude. It's a good thing I wasn't drinking milk when I read that because it probably would've gone out my nose.

#5849 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

LE/PRE V0.89.0 - April 3, 2023
=====================
- Added 4 new Skill Shots. Hold in the left flipper and plunge the ball to activate:
"Licensed to Kill" Skill Shot at the Left/Scuba Eject.
"Undercover" Skill Shot at the Right Ramp.
"Double "0"" Skill Shot at the Side Ramp.
"Top Secret" Skill Shot, (You'll have to find it, it's a secret).
- Added 20 Sequence Combos. Shot the following shot sequence for a Combo Award.
Dr. No Combo: left orbit -> right ramp
From Russia With Love Combo: left orbit -> right orbit
Goldfinger Combo: left orbit -> right orbit -> side ramp
You Only Live Twice Combo: left orbit -> right ramp -> center lane
Diamonds Ae Forever Combo: left orbit -> right orbit -> right ramp
Thunderball Combo: left orbit -> right orbit -> side loop -> side ramp
Professor Dent Combo: right ramp -> left orbit
Rosa Klebb Combo: right orbit -> side loop
Mr. Osato Combo: right orbit -> side ramp
Oddjob Combo: right orbit -> right ramp
Largo Combo: right orbit -> side loop -> side ramp
Blofeld Combo: right ramp -> center lane -> side ramp
Red Grant Combo: right ramp -> left orbit -> right orbit -> side ramp
Fiona Volpe Combo: right ramp -> left orbit -> right orbit -> side loop -> side ramp
Mr. Wint & Mr. Kidd Combo: center lane -> side ramp
Honey Ryder Combo: center lane -> side loop
Kissy Combo: center lane -> right ramp
Domino Combo: center lane -> side loop -> side ramp
Tiffany Combo: case center lane -> side ramp -> left orbit -> right ramp
Q Branch Combo: center lane -> side loop -> side ramp -> left orbit -> right ramp
- DJ Mixer now has 11 tunes to play and/or cycle thru.
- Fixed a Bug where, upon completing a 2nd Jetpack Multiball Super Jackpot during the grace
period of draining back to 1 ball play, the game didn't restart Jetpack Multiball when it
added 1 ball back into play.
- Fixed a bug where the "Bond...James Bond" timer would continue to be displayed after the
Mode/Multiball was over.
- Added arrow lights to indicate where/when Skill Shots are available.
- Now the "Bond...James Bond" Multiball has a "Nixie Tube" style timer.
- Now "Bond...James Bond" switch score awards are displayed using abbreviated text.
- Fixed a bug where the display would stop drawing floating diamond awards.
- Fixed DJ Mixer Text.
- Fixed a bug where a lit Skill Shot was not awarded upon shooting the lit shot.
- Fixed a bug where ball save could be awarded during the grace period of draining
down to 1 ball play during Jetpack Multiball.
- Added Sound FX to the new Skill Shot awards.
- Now instructional speech doesn't occur during Skill shot awards.
- Added reload display effect to Jetpack Multiball.
- Removed reload speech from Jetpack Multiball.
- Added logic to the game to allow/disallow right orbit shots to activate the Orbit
- Added logic to allow combos to help determine if the Orbit Control Gate should be opened based
upon Rules/Modes/Multiballs that are active.
- Added a new Combo Award background video.
- Added a new Sequence Combo Sound FX.
- Added logic to give priority to the "Trouble in Jamaica" rule/mode when deciding if the
Orbit Control Gate should be opened during multiball events.
- Now the "Bond...James Bond" Nixie Timer can be displayed during Combo award display effects.
- Added more "Bond" text positions to the "Bond...James Bond" background display effect.
- Fixed the alignment and justification of the Bond High Scores displayed in the Attract Mode.
- Now Turquoise "Bond" text appears upon each switch closure during "Bond...James Bond"
Multiball along with White floating score awards.
- Now X-WAY Floating Combo awards are drawn in front of the connectivity icons.
- Now Super Spinners displays Large Floating Diamonds as the display award.
- Now X-WAY combos are displayed on the right side of the display.
- Now X-WAY combos are drawn in front of the Villains/Henchmen that appear on the right side
of the display during Villain/Henchmen mode start.

Nixie timer added, yes!!!! Now we are talking.

#5850 1 year ago

I'd probably be happier if THIS was the 0.88.1 update....

But we'll take what we can get.

If anyone is paying attention at Stern to this thread, let me just say that I hope there is a significant improvement to mode completion and video/audio integration coming up. There's so much great dialogue from James Bond himself (in addition to the Bond girls and villains). And it isn't in the fu#$ing game!

So far there is no core identity to this game. Who is the pinball player? Aren't we supposed to be Bond? In Godzilla, the pinball player IS Godzilla. And it makes for a great theme out of some old low-budget movie clips I watched in 1978. I don't see a clear vision for what this game is supposed to be yet. That's probably the thing that makes me the most nervous about its prospects. If GG has that vision, then great. Please keep building towards it. I'm patient. I'll stick with this game until the code is done. But I see how good it can be and it isn't 88% the way to being there yet.
That's just my $0.02

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/117?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.