IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,578 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 312.
#5351 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

That looks about right, is that under the car, nearest the plunger? A slight bend of the vertical (out of the playfield) leg away from the shooter lane should do it. Might have to take the car off (pretty easy) just don't scratch it on the wire form above.

It is nearest to the plunger barely up and to the left …

I have to remove car anyways to install a new post ..

Thank you for the response ; I’ll see if I can be gentle and vertically bend it left

#5352 1 year ago

Just got home after being away for the past week, and updated to 0.88

I really like the new Bond...James Bond mini wizard. Super fun. I don't mind the Moby music at all, and I appreciate the new music added in-game as well. Yeah, a little weird that it starts with Brosnan, but it's got the Goldfinger/Bond lines in it as well. The very upbeat pace of the song makes it fun and different for a Mini Wizard.

Overall a really nice update and as some have noted, scores are going to be notably higher. My first game on the new code was 740M, and who doesn't like more score.

#5353 1 year ago

Also for Jamesays - I'm 0/10 so far on Jetpack Bond picking up the ball. Basically as soon as the jetpack moves forward, the ball goes rolling down the wireform. Doesn't even look like it tries. Yours is doing the same, right?

#5354 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

The center of the ring is open for that reason. And there is a plastic ring around the rocket to absorb ball drop impacts already. If its a dead speed ball it will drop into the ring at various point in that inner circle. It has not happend to me yet as all of my shots so far have gone around it. A dead ball at the very top of wireform is possible, but very unlikely. Hope that answers that question.

Thankyou

#5355 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Also for Jamesays - I'm 0/10 so far on Jetpack Bond picking up the ball. Basically as soon as the jetpack moves forward, the ball goes rolling down the wireform. Doesn't even look like it tries. Yours is doing the same, right?

exactly

#5356 1 year ago

I can say the tank is definetly a diesel…… Hillarious motion. Strut arm on back side of tank stand up. It gets the energy from that assembly. Looks so much like Cars the movie is biggest thing. But, what the hell. I had to see it..

#5357 1 year ago

Yeah, makes me wonder if something changed as well. Worked for me a good portion of the time previously. If I get a chance tonight or tomorrow, I'll adjust my Bond on a Wand and let you know if it helps.

I have a feeling if I adjust it closer it'll go back to normal, but maybe they tweaked the magnet pulse in the update or something.

#5358 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yeah, makes me wonder if something changed as well. Worked for me a good portion of the time previously. If I get a chance tonight or tomorrow, I'll adjust my Bond on a Wand and let you know if it helps.
I have a feeling if I adjust it closer it'll go back to normal, but maybe they tweaked the magnet pulse in the update or something.

Mine didnt work before code update

#5359 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Hey Guys, so as most of you know, I stepped on several land mines yesterday, my bad. I wanted to throw out a quick video after work today to try and show what's under the hood of my Dragon Tank that makes it so great!
I believe quality is key and that goes for what I put in any of my $7,000-$15,000 games. Honestly, some of Sterns toys are barely better than some of the mods out there and I believe they could all do better but until they do I will continue to do what I can to make my games look amazing and have fun doing it!

any question, comments or suggestions jus let me know!
Here are a few other high quality mods that were done over the last few months, Enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the nice explanation video! It really helps us to see what quality you’ve done here, now if priced below the $250 to $200 mark, could be a go. Like the flames are not breakable, which you should have shown us from the start. Also, is there anyway to make the white paint around the tank eyes to be done better in keeping within the lines of the eyes ovals? Maybe if you had a mask cut to size to keep the overlap and make it more precision applied like in the photo below?

D7A7BB05-2A80-43D2-AF26-EFDE3F674FF5 (resized).jpegD7A7BB05-2A80-43D2-AF26-EFDE3F674FF5 (resized).jpeg
#5360 1 year ago

Is it just me or is the Dragon Tank the most ludicrous prop in all of the Bond movies? I know the budgets weren't great on those first couple of movies, but I always felt they could have done something to make it look a little less like a wooden block on wheels.

Now, when I see the tank mod in the game it makes me think Scooby Doo.

#5361 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for the nice explanation video! It really helps us to see what quality you’ve done here, now if priced below the $250 to $200 mark, could be a go. Like the flames are not breakable, which you should have shown us from the start. Also, is there anyway to make the white paint around the tank eyes to be done better in keeping within the lines of the eyes ovals? Maybe if you had a mask cut to size to keep the overlap and make it more precision applied like in the photo below?[quoted image]

thanks, glad you like the work I put into it. Sorry, but I will be raising them back up to a reasonable price point tonight. Based on what I see available you won't find this quality elsewhere and I can't do it at a loss.

#5362 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Try testing the coil in test mode for the bond on a wand to make sure it's energizing. move it out, then put the ball below it (but not touching) then energize the coil (make sure you have the power cutoff inside the coin door frame pulled out) and see if it grabs the ball.

#5363 1 year ago

Did Bond win a couple of Twippys ?

#5364 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It won best mechs/toys, but should have won game of the year and best layout (imo), if code would have been there.

#5365 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Who’s at TPF? We’re be showing off the teppinball topper. Come by and chat me up about some ideas for a Bond topper.

I have a sledge hammer as a topper for my Bond. Just so I have it when I need it.

#5366 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It won best mechs/toys, but should have won game of the year and best layout (imo), if code would have been there.

It DID win best layout…..didnt it?

#5367 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

It DID win best layout…..didnt it?

Best layout went to Rush, as well as game of the year.

#5368 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Is it just me or is the Dragon Tank the most ludicrous prop in all of the Bond movies? I know the budgets weren't great on those first couple of movies, but I always felt they could have done something to make it look a little less like a wooden block on wheels.

I think it was modeled after a cross between a Sherman and a Zippo tank. Probably wanted it to look North Korean/Communist from that period.

#5369 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Best layout went to Rush, as well as game of the year.

Yup…mixed it up witn “Best Toy” or whatever it was…

#5370 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Best Theme and Best Toy, I believe.

#5371 1 year ago

Thanks to all my customers, world wide (Australia, Germany, France, Scotland, etc.). For anyone with an outstanding order, your translite will ship today.

Have one All Connery and one Connery/Moore available to ship today. Next order will be two weeks out. PM me if interested. Thanks.

B027DF37-9B17-46A6-84AF-8CD6F0A15670 (resized).jpegB027DF37-9B17-46A6-84AF-8CD6F0A15670 (resized).jpeg868ABDE2-567E-40A5-BF08-A336FBF4C012 (resized).jpeg868ABDE2-567E-40A5-BF08-A336FBF4C012 (resized).jpeg
#5372 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

thanks, glad you like the work I put into it. Sorry, but I will be raising them back up to a reasonable price point tonight. Based on what I see available you won't find this quality elsewhere and I can't do it at a loss.

Surely you would be best going for quantity with your quality? As soon as you’re back up to 350-450+ you’re going to kill your sales especially with so many other tanks mods available.

I think what you’ve made is very nice especially the flames which are a great touch with the fibre optics, I can’t quite tell but how bright are they? Can they be made brighter? To make the one feature you have that others don’t stand out a little more? Pricing is tough for sure trying to find a ground that’s good for you and buyers but it’s a shame if you limit getting this out to as many people as possible.

#5373 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Its part of the movie, but it does look very Disney Cars as a toy. I showed the modded tank vibrating on the game on the arm I made yesterday and we both laughed at it. I removed it from the game because its just too silly for us. I would love to find the attack helicopters used in the fight against the gyrocopter scene to mess with one day.

#5374 1 year ago

Been playing bond a fair bit again since the update and actually having a blast with it again. It's gonna be killer once the code gets there, just a real blast to shoot, and I'm starting to see the potential for the code. At this rate I'm guessing 6m minimum, probably closer to 12 though as there is so much missing, and once everything's in it'll need a few months to refine. It'll get there though.

I'll be curious to see what happens with production in that time. Sales are pretty much done until the code has a reason to excite people - too many other great games to spend money on one that's barely starting to show potential. Unless contracts somehow commit distros to buying more, I fully expect much of the bind production planned for the year to get cancelled and moved to other stuff. If the license is as difficult and expensive as the peanut gallery presumes, they won't keep it up any longer than sales justify, and while I legit think this will be screamingly popular in 2-3 years (code mature + rediscovery), I'm guessing not a ton more get made in the interim.

#5375 1 year ago

Also, word of warning to those considering an MRS for the bond girl loop missing triggers: pops are setting mine off, just realized it last night. Those switches are a neat idea, but every time I've tried one to solve a problem, they've created another. And it didn't actually solve the missing triggers problem here anyway, I had just left it on because I was too lazy to remove it :p

#5376 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Surely you would be best going for quantity with your quality? As soon as you’re back up to 350-450+ you’re going to kill your sales especially with so many other tanks mods available.
I think what you’ve made is very nice especially the flames which are a great touch with the fibre optics, I can’t quite tell but how bright are they? Can they be made brighter? To make the one feature you have that others don’t stand out a little more? Pricing is tough for sure trying to find a ground that’s good for you and buyers but it’s a shame if you limit getting this out to as many people as possible.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. let me start by saying what I've said elsewhere. This is a hobby for me and I do it because I want MY games to reflect the thousands I've invested in them and either what I wanted wasn't available, which was the case was no tank fitted for the Prem/LE, or what I did see didn't measured up to my preferences or standards. I don't need sales figures to keep the lights on... my vocation covers that pretty comfortably already and I'm technically retired at this point. I just don't like golf....

The fiber optics used are side-glow as apposed to end-glow so that color shoots out the sides of the fiber optics instead of just the end. the light source is 2- 2835 SMD chips (620nm) on a 100Ω resistor that is mounted inside the tank walls (see below inside tank SMD mounting slots and the fiber optic chases up the body) and connect to the fiber optics inside a tube that also runs inside the tank walls on each side. this setup allows the fiber optics to be in direct contact with the face of the SMD chip AND still allow for easy installation of the flames and fiber optics just in case they ever need to be updated or replaced, color change, length, etc., without even having to remove the mod to do it!

Quoted from J85M:

Can they be made brighter?

The 100Ω resistor can be safely changed out to 47Ω but I felt it was too bright and distracting. Same for the spot lights on anything below 470Ω, just too bright and in your eyes.

I would love to make these for others and while I basically gave them away yesterday, I can't be expected to just do this for free.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 9.01.17 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-26 at 9.01.17 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 9.03.23 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-26 at 9.03.23 AM (resized).png

#5377 1 year ago

Bond won 2 TWIPYs

1. Best theme
2. Best toys & mechs

Should have won best layout, because rush is very similar to TMNT, while George actually did a few new cool things, like the combo metal ramps, rocket standup bank, jetpack drop target, etc.

#5378 1 year ago

Since the update, I haven’t had Qs ring go off did it get removed?

#5379 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Since the update, I haven’t had Qs ring go off did it get removed?

No, the other Q gadget (Radioactive Reconnaissance) just comes up more often now. George seemed to be as annoyed by the lady chatting as we all are.

#5380 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The car is cool

#5381 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

No, the other Q gadget (Radioactive Reconnaissance) just comes up more often now. George seemed to be as annoyed by the lady chatting as we all are.

Ok cool looks like they buried her deep she hasn’t come even once since I updated lol

#5382 1 year ago

It didn’t help that most things aren’t coded yet so we see the same shit over and over again. That did her no favors.

#5383 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It didn’t help that most things aren’t coded yet so we see the same shit over and over again. That did her no favors.

Agree, if she was in with the other 5 modes probably wouldn’t be a big deal.

#5384 1 year ago

Anyone else think it would be nice to be able to bypass the pops on plunge by holding left flipper to open the gate?

Can ply into strategy if you need a henchman or villain that is already lit. Plunge around to upper flipper and hit one of ramps. Could be a skill shot too.

I’d like to see this happen

#5385 1 year ago

So I noticed with blowfeld nothing is lit up when you’re fighting him. What are you supposed to aim at or hit for nothing is lit?

#5386 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So I noticed with blowfeld nothing is lit up when you’re fighting him. What are you supposed to aim at or hit for nothing is lit?

Drop targets

#5387 1 year ago

Coming soon?

LittleNellieMultiball (resized).jpgLittleNellieMultiball (resized).jpg
#5388 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else think it would be nice to be able to bypass the pops on plunge by holding left flipper to open the gate?
Can ply into strategy if you need a henchman or villain that is already lit. Plunge around to upper flipper and hit one of ramps. Could be a skill shot too.
I’d like to see this happen

It already works like this. I believe it's the only way you can get to the 3rd skill shot ("Eyes Only") in the Q scoop on the right. I'm sure hitting the henchman ramp will be another skill shot when the rest are added.

Maybe your gate bypass is turned off in the settings?

#5389 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It already works like this. I believe it's the only way you can get to the 3rd skill shot ("Eyes Only") in the Q scoop on the right. I'm sure hitting the henchman ramp will be another skill shot when the rest are added.

Ok I’ll have to take a look, definitely not working that way at the moment

#5390 1 year ago

My biggest code wish is getting the channel swap feature from Batman 66, so we can switch between modes when things are stacked.

It would be perfect if the rumours about the licence holder not wanting scenes from different movies inter mixed on the main screen are true and allow players to know what shots are needed for what modes by switching.

Anyone who has played BM66 will know how good the feature is when you have multiple modes stacked and your want to prioritise one mode over another.

#5391 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Wow I just discovered this gate bypass trick and it just made the game so much better for me. Oh my God.

#5392 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Wow I just discovered this gate bypass trick and it just made the game so much better for me. Oh my God.

What is the trick to get it to work?

Hold left flipper and plunge? I tried that and didn’t go through.

#5393 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is the trick to get it to work?
Hold left flipper and plunge? I tried that and didn’t go through.

Hold the left flipper and hit the center launch button instead of the plunger... seems like maybe you might not have enough power to take it through the gate...?

#5394 1 year ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

Hold the left flipper and hit the center launch button instead of the plunger... seems like maybe you might not have enough power to take it through the gate...?

No I didn’t use the button to launch, i manually plunge. I’ll try that in a bit.

#5395 1 year ago

Does anyone have good speaker upgrade recommendations for this game? I’m not sure if it’s the crappy ones Stern puts in or just the fact that majority of sounds and music are from the 60s, but the sound is a bit grainy and not very high quality. I would normally put in a kit to get better sound, but not sure which to use on this.

#5396 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Also, word of warning to those considering an MRS for the bond girl loop missing triggers: pops are setting mine off, just realized it last night. Those switches are a neat idea, but every time I've tried one to solve a problem, they've created another. And it didn't actually solve the missing triggers problem here anyway, I had just left it on because I was too lazy to remove it :p

That shouldn't be happening (we have many, many MRS' in range of pops.. I'd suggest you return both MRS' for a looksie please....it's not normal behavior...they will be repaired or replaced with a 24hr turnaround David...thanks!

Matt

#5397 1 year ago

I picked up a Pro today. Are there any tweaks that need to be done right out of the box?

#5398 1 year ago

Yeah George needs to add a video with arrows and callouts to hold left flipper for the skill shots and what to do when starting the game up. Going into the pops sucks. I’d just make it this way without holding the flipper up.

#5399 1 year ago

I’d love to be able to hit both flippers and disable the pops for “X” seconds for those times it gets stuck up there for what seems like forever.

#5400 1 year ago

Wow! 128 lifetime plays and this link broke. That’s a record! I’m going to send this into warranty. Do you think they will help or tell me it’s my problem?

0F02AAE1-A9E3-4E53-AE64-1772546A2F83 (resized).jpeg0F02AAE1-A9E3-4E53-AE64-1772546A2F83 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
11,100 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,578 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.