IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 313.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Is this serious the banner? Gtfoh stern! Seriously?
Is this the ONLY banner? Can anyone confirm?
This is like a big slap in the face if it is. [quoted image]

That’s it. We didn’t even get one for our launch party either. They ran out of them apparently.

#452 1 year ago

I found a glitch. Sometimes when you start the jetpack multiball, the lock to stop the ball does not actuate until after the ball has passed the lock. The jetpack then has no ball to grab. Anyone else experience this?

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I found a glitch. Sometimes when you start the jetpack multiball, the lock to stop the ball does not actuate until after the ball has passed the lock. The jetpack then has no ball to grab. Anyone else experience this?

No problems with jetpack multiball here, have had it several times with no issue.

Where I DID run into code problem last night was, I was in Goldfinger mode, then started a multiball (Bird One I think) ... I figured this would stack, but I didn't see any indication that GF was still going. Then for the rest of the game, whatever villain/henchman mode I was in, wouldn't show their timer. It kept showing Goldfinger on the screen with 0:00 left.

#454 1 year ago

Anybody ever have problems taking off the glass on a recent game? It was really difficult taking this off and putting it back on. I think the plastic channel is too narrow and scraping against the glass (I don't think the glass was damaged).

IMG_0851 (resized).JPEGIMG_0851 (resized).JPEG
#455 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Anybody ever have problems taking off the glass on a recent game? It was really difficult taking this off and putting it back on. I think the plastic channel is too narrow and scraping against the glass (I don't think the glass was damaged).
[quoted image]

You are not the only one....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outrageously-tight-pinball-glass

#456 1 year ago

All my newer sterns have been somewhere in between really tight and damn that's tight. I made the mistake of putting some rattle tape on my Zilla after upgrading the speakers. Like to never got the damn glass out again.

#457 1 year ago
3A929677-B444-4168-8DB2-1742699D99CD (resized).jpeg3A929677-B444-4168-8DB2-1742699D99CD (resized).jpeg4C8A3E82-A198-4FBB-9E3F-575131C1D499 (resized).jpeg4C8A3E82-A198-4FBB-9E3F-575131C1D499 (resized).jpeg
#458 1 year ago
Quoted from BondLE:

Nice one, I can see the stadium lighting, assuming the speaker lights are mods? If so what one's did you use?

When looking into speaker lights...be sure to look into the differences between addressable light strips vs standard RGB light strips. You may also want to look into the difference between +5v INDIVIDUALLY addressable light strip and +12v addressable light strips.

Not all speaker light kits are the same and you can't really go off of just a picture or a price. If you have any questions as far as what is what...feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I usually keep pretty close tabs on folks that are attempting to copy my light kits and I can let you know the differences from one to another.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Added 16 months ago:

UPDATE: I just saw that one of the places that are selling a Speaker Light Kit knock off are claiming their light kit is using "Individually controlled LEDs" when that is NOT the case. So be careful, no one wants to be taken by a person that is looking to deceive people or knows no better when copying someone else's product.

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

All my newer sterns have been somewhere in between really tight and damn that's tight. I made the mistake of putting some rattle tape on my Zilla after upgrading the speakers. Like to never got the damn glass out again.

One of the reasons I upgraded to glass suction cups. Tired of hand prints all over the glass trying to get enough traction to slide it out and then fingerprints on the sides. Really like them for getting the glass off - easy on, easy off. (There are two in this picture, but I usually only use one of them)

Those plus a pool noodle cut to glass width to prevent temperature change or edge-chip glass explosions when setting glass down are my perfect pinball glass accessories now.

playfield_glass_suction_cups_on_PF (resized).jpgplayfield_glass_suction_cups_on_PF (resized).jpg glass_noodle-3 (resized).jpgglass_noodle-3 (resized).jpg

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]

There is some importance to the channels being snug -- don't want it to juat slide out on its own when you take the lockdown bar off, and also shaker motors can cause the glass to rattle. One of the vendors sells special soft tape to add to panes that rattle. (Needed to do this on my GoT.) FWIW, Bond glass is noticeably more snug than my previous game.

#461 1 year ago

Upgraded cab speaker perhaps necessitating a snugger fit?

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Is this serious the banner? Gtfoh stern! Seriously?
Is this the ONLY banner? Can anyone confirm?
This is like a big slap in the face if it is. [quoted image]

at least yours had 4 grommet holes, mine only has 3

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

at least yours had 4 grommet holes, mine only has 3

You only get 4 holes on the LE version. Check the banner feature matrix.

#464 1 year ago

Someone asked how I attached the plane. If someone can make a little figure for inside that would be great. Waist up

9FD6C1CA-4176-419D-B774-2758B7763489 (resized).jpeg9FD6C1CA-4176-419D-B774-2758B7763489 (resized).jpeg

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You only get 4 holes on the LE version.

hahahahaha

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Someone asked how I attached the plane. If someone can make a little figure for inside that would be great. Waist up
[quoted image]

This one does

Screenshot_20221217_145636_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221217_145636_eBay (resized).jpg
#467 1 year ago
#468 1 year ago

Yeah, there is definitely some code issues here. It seems like depending on what you have going on at the time, it can mess up the grab. It will be fixed in future updates.

#469 1 year ago

Iepinball is streaming a head to head Bond Pro tournament at Ayce Gogi right now. Two Bond Pros, two competitors at a time, one winner.

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#470 1 year ago

This game is great…I can’t wait for new updates. Might be better than gzle.

#471 1 year ago

I just want to remind everyone (since I forgot about the earlier post myself) that the upper right gate is not working correctly from the factory. The launched ball goes backwards through the one-way gate (and straight into the left scoop) probably 60%-70% of the time for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

PinballHaven posted some good photos and a solution to this here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/3#post-7285317

#472 1 year ago

The tournament at Ayce Gogi came down to a ridiculously close photo finish (watch at .25 speed - it's crazy):

https://clips.twitch.tv/SourPiliableWombatShazBotstix-pM-ga6FgXbKfdT2M

#473 1 year ago

One big issues was during our launch tournament that the game doesn’t cycle the drops during a ball search.

Had a stuck ball sitting behind them and it cycled a few coils and put another ball in the lane. Once one ball went in the trough it went to the next player.

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

One big issues was during our launch tournament that the game doesn’t cycle the drops during a ball search.
Had a stuck ball sitting behind them and it cycled a few coils and put another ball in the lane. Once one ball went in the trough it went to the next player.

There are a lot of bugs in 0.70. Mode handling is also messed up with lots of glitchy things happening.

I also hate the display priority issues. You better not get an extra ball when a mode starts, or you'll be stuck watching the whole mode intro clip with no way to bypass it because it's waiting to play the extra ball clip before ejecting the ball and doesn't obey flipper bypass.

But yeah, early software is like that. Feels more like 0.50.

#475 1 year ago

Road trip to get my LE yesterday, set it up this morning. Beautiful game, love the powder coat in person. It’s funny after all the talk about the pops my balls seem to spend very little time in there.

457E8A53-48D8-4061-BF4B-07D5EF0934C9 (resized).jpeg457E8A53-48D8-4061-BF4B-07D5EF0934C9 (resized).jpeg
#476 1 year ago

Lock balls on le and play multiball. Once you light lock and do it a second time it doesn’t lock the balls just rolls down trail and out. Normal??

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Have a James Bond premium (You Only Live Twice) translite for trade.
Looking for:
Elvira HOH translite or banner
Godzilla pro translite
Rush banner
Shoot me a PM to upgrade that hideous Dr. No translite

I have Rush translites if interested?

B8C388BF-F263-4EBF-AEA3-9F9D95269C18 (resized).jpegB8C388BF-F263-4EBF-AEA3-9F9D95269C18 (resized).jpeg
#478 1 year ago

Anyone else have an issue with the skill shot? I believe there is a glitch in the code a lot of the time the game catches the roll over switch before entering the pops and it reduces the amount of the skill shot. From the ball launch

Anyone else notice this? I have no stuck switches on the game.

Left spinner opto is on but i believe that’s normal

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone else have an issue with the skill shot? I believe there is a glitch in the code a lot of the time the game catches the roll over switch before entering the pops and it reduces the amount of the skill shot. From the ball launch

I've only just set up my Pro last night, but I've seen no problem with the skill shot other than I'm not quick enough with changing the lanes at times. Every one through the blinky lane has registered.

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Which skill shot? If you move the letter lane with the flipper button you get half as much as if you leave the flashing letter alone and hit it.

#481 1 year ago

LE owners.

Need
More
Gameplay
Videos

Pretty please

#482 1 year ago

Got my LE yesterday and am digging it. Anyone heard when new code update is coming?

F4076293-DC76-420D-9CD9-F119ECAC145E (resized).jpegF4076293-DC76-420D-9CD9-F119ECAC145E (resized).jpeg
#483 1 year ago
Quoted from t_robertson:

Got my LE yesterday and am digging it. Anyone heard when new code update is coming?[quoted image]

I'm hoping for a Christmas code update by the end of this week, but I don't think they announce them ahead of time. Past games had monthly (if not weekly) updates early on and Bond v0.70 was from November 22.

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I'm hoping for a Christmas code update by the end of this week, but I don't think they announce them ahead of time. Past games had monthly (if not weekly) updates early on and Bond v0.70 was from November 22.

I would rather see less code updates, but more in each update. It is a PITA to reset all your game features after each update.

#485 1 year ago

I would rather see less code updates, but more in each update. It is a PITA to reset all your game features after each update.

The updates don't change anything in settings or high scores except on very rare occasions. The more changes the better. With wifi updates, I'd be fine with weekly updates or more!

#486 1 year ago

Needed something here!

20221217_205021 (resized).jpg20221217_205021 (resized).jpg20221217_205041 (resized).jpg20221217_205041 (resized).jpg
#487 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The updates don't change anything in settings or high scores except on very rare occasions. The more changes the better. With wifi updates, I'd be fine with weekly updates or more!

PRAY Gomez doesn't promise updates "every week until we getcha there." That's what happened with Batman '66. After a few months of tepid updates MONTHLY (not weekly as promised), it went almost 6 months with ZERO updates, stuck on a VERY incomplete v. 0.75, before resuming updates.

#488 1 year ago

Stern likes to do updates before holidays. I'm hoping we get a nice Christmas update.

#489 1 year ago

Anyone having an issue of the ball getting stuck in the right in lane after the post drops down? The ball will not move after the post drops down without me shaking the game to get it moving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from Shane75:

Anyone having an issue of the ball getting stuck in the right out lane after the post drops down? The ball will not move after the post drops down without me shaking the game to get it moving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(You mean right INlane, correct?)

It's been discussed. I put a small rectangle of mylar over the end of the switch slot to cover the little divot that stops the ball from moving once the post drops. The piece almost touches the switch wire so it has enough surface area not to cave in from the ball weight when it stops on it. Solved the issue for me 100%

#491 1 year ago

Operators, how is it earning for you?

I have it as second from top tier at this very early point in life stage. Reference:

-STH/GZ/TS4 super ultra top
-DP/JP/BOND ultra top

It’s doing this with skilled regulars “suffering” thru .70 code and while sitting directly next to GZPREM…. I’m pleasantly surprised.

#492 1 year ago

Got my LE last week and everything looks great except for this one LED. Its not bright enough to fill out the whole arrow and I cant see that its lit without peering around the wire form above it.

Has anyone dealt with this and have some advice? The led seems to be integrated into the board, so not quite sure how to approach it....

IMG_9579 (resized).JPGIMG_9579 (resized).JPGIMG_9580 (resized).JPGIMG_9580 (resized).JPG
#493 1 year ago

OH,brother!! Pro owners cleaning up crap.LE owners doing the same thing>Hoping the Pre's will not have this weird crap happening!!

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bumped around on the PF to find the scores, and it seems like a not gapped well enough Spectre target is likely triggering from flipper vibration. They each award 26,110 points. This is an easy one to verify because when they are completed, the corresponding letter on the backboard is affected. So get it to happen and then see if one of the Spectre letters has changed.

Nice work! I will pass this along to the operator

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Got my LE last week and everything looks great except for this one LED. Its not bright enough to fill out the whole arrow and I cant see that its lit without peering around the wire form above it.
Has anyone dealt with this and have some advice? The led seems to be integrated into the board, so not quite sure how to approach it....[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a bad LED on the board. I think it would require a board replacement from Stern.

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Operators, how is it earning for you?
I have it as second from top tier at this very early point in life stage. Reference:
-STH/GZ/TS4 super ultra top
-DP/JP/BOND ultra top
It’s doing this with skilled regulars “suffering” thru .70 code and while sitting directly next to GZPREM…. I’m pleasantly surprised.

We have all of those same games out and I’d say you’re spot on with your assessment, except bond is right there at the top right now.

A lot of that is the newness of the game so we will see where it falls, but it’s promising. Stranger things continues to shatter records and GZ does great. DP still continues to earn great as well.

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(You mean right INlane, correct?)
It's been discussed. I put a small rectangle of mylar over the end of the switch slot to cover the little divot that stops the ball from moving once the post drops. The piece almost touches the switch wire so it has enough surface area not to cave in from the ball weight when it stops on it. Solved the issue for me 100%

Cliffy slot protector did not help, FYI. Still sits there about half the time.

IMG_0866 (resized).jpegIMG_0866 (resized).jpeg
#498 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]

I put a cliffy there on a pro and so far (granted its only 30 ish plays) I've not had it hang up there.

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Looks like a bad LED on the board. I think it would require a board replacement from Stern.

Thanks. Going to message them now.

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]

I've not had any issues on my LE including this one. Have you checked the incline on your playfield?

I can't stand when the ramps drop right on a switch. This switch definitely needs protection sooner than later. Either the Cliffy or Ninja. I put down mylar in this whole area and used an xacto to cut out the switch and post holes before I played the first game on it! Will put the protector over the mylar when it arrives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,200 (OBO)
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
11,500 (Firm)
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 15,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.