IMG_4844 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4846 (resized).jpeg
ED1ACC2A-6BAC-48F7-B8CA-D493052298EF (resized).jpeg
77E0B8A8-2955-4B9E-83CE-799EE7B85438 (resized).jpeg
FF897A27-A736-4F3A-8003-64B2356ECCD0 (resized).png
74873ADB-09D9-45EA-8040-72F2483FCEE3 (resized).jpeg
582C2428-2D57-45F6-8FE6-89710AD96CA0 (resized).jpeg
Post Removed Ramp Plastic Trimmed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_-_K.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 1 year ago

Same thing here and in talking to my Distributor they have 2 others that came in the same shipment (so 3 SO FAR out of that batch) that have the same JetPack issue.

Here's the description I sent to my Distributor and CC'd $TERN Support:
"In JetPack Motor Test I can hear the Gearhead Motor try to go in 1 direction continuously until it times out (I don't hear it stop-start or have a slightly different sound running like when running the JetPack Gearhead Motor Calibration Test), the JP Arm won't not move at all unless I manually move the JP Arm forward from the Home position and then it goes completely left, it HITS! the Missile and returns to "Home Position".

In JetPack Motor Calibration Test I can hear the Gear Motor change directions (I can hear the Gearhead Motor stop-start & have a slightly different sound running - so I'm assuming it's running in the opposite direction) and then it gives me the same Error message that Kristen showed above if I move the JP Arm by hand while in this mode it will move.
JP Motor Cal Error (resized).jpgJP Motor Cal Error (resized).jpg

#14 1 year ago

Just got an email from Game Exchange (JJ and Jim) with a pic and Manual Part breakout that they got from Stern support.

Jim asked me to check Stern's pic against my Mech to make sure it was assembled correctly (IT WASN'T).

I disassembled my "5.56 JET PACK CLUTCH ASSEMBLY 511-9768-00" [page 62 in the Manual] and the five BELLEVILLE DISC SPRING 's were stacked wrong ?!?

P/N 269-5007-00 Spring/Belleville Washers #1, #2 & #3 were incorrectly ALL facing UP towards the Timing Belt Pulley Flange.
P/N 269-5007-00 Spring/Belleville Washers #4 & #5 were facing each other correctly.

The cupped Washers should be stacked - #1 facing up, stacked on #2 & #3 facing each other, stacked on #4 & #5 facing each other.

I added the numbering to Stern's "capture" Pic for clarification of the Disc Springs orientation.

With the PF resting up on the Lock-Down Bar the JP Mech works correctly (but still getting an ERROR), as soon as I put the PF back down into the Cabinet the JP Mech won't work in Test (or playing) it seems that the Cabinet mounted Post (see pic) was stopping the JP Mech from going all the way back it its "Home" position.

It looks like if it can't find the "Home" position the Code disables the JP Mech AND then stupidly leaves the JP in the way of the Ball , making you have to pull the PF Glass and move the JP Mech out-of-the-way by hand.

I took out the Cabinet mounted Post and after trimming the Clear Ramp Plastic (causing the same thing, not letting the JP get to the "Home" position).

I'm still getting an Error message but the Game seems to be playing normally.

Please post in this thread if you are also having this issue (or HAD this issue AND fixed it ;-}).

JetPack Clutch Assm 1 (resized).jpgJetPack Clutch Assm 1 (resized).jpgCapture - Copy (resized).JPGCapture - Copy (resized).JPGCabinet Mounted Post (resized).jpgCabinet Mounted Post (resized).jpgPost Removed Ramp Plastic Trimmed (resized).jpgPost Removed Ramp Plastic Trimmed (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_-_K.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-jetpack-issues?tu=Pin_-_K and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.