20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
20230924_161000.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Don't see one yet so I'm starting it. Welcome all fans of James Bond and pinball. Owners of Goldeneye and James Bond 007 welcome. Fans of books, movies, comics, video games, and just Bond in general come on in. Just finished 3 coats of wax on Goldeneye. Can't express how much fun this game is. Hope others care to join. Also have 1980 James Bond very unique game. It was my first and will never leave.

image-817.jpgimage-817.jpg
image-176.jpgimage-176.jpg

#4 10 years ago

I was hoping for 50th anniversary of bond instead of mustang for sure.

#7 10 years ago

Afternoon bump for anyone who missed this being posted in the middle of the night, come and join. If anyone has done some cool mods to the game or who actually has a good strategy for completing the Q Pen Mode I would love to hear it.

#11 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure he Bond drives a BMW z3 in goldeneye. Also my kick out is very strong as well. Would love to see The LEDs and mirror blades thinking about that for mine as well.

#20 10 years ago

Just got off work can get you pics tomorrow. Kruzman PM sent on those plastics, and curious about the playfield too.

#23 10 years ago

Agreed, my thoughts are kind of similar to either a doctor who where you feature all of the bonds over time, or even a Transformers style with one side being the different bonds and the other side being the most famous villans.

#44 10 years ago

Agreed cards would be nice. Tonight I will get some James Bond 007 Gottlieb pics up.

#54 10 years ago

1980 classic.

image-267.jpgimage-267.jpg image-572.jpgimage-572.jpg image-912.jpgimage-912.jpg image-389.jpgimage-389.jpg
#57 10 years ago

Here you go.

image-481.jpgimage-481.jpg image-575.jpgimage-575.jpg image-532.jpgimage-532.jpg image-654.jpgimage-654.jpg image-866.jpgimage-866.jpg image-717.jpgimage-717.jpg
#59 10 years ago

Time based gameplay very fun and unique. Unfortunately I have some switch errors on it and a broken drop target at the moment.

#65 10 years ago

I would also like to see the mirror blades from a distance on the playfield please.

#69 10 years ago

That looks awesome. Now I need LED and mirror blades.

#71 10 years ago

Yeah looks like a totally different game

1 week later
#76 10 years ago

Figured out the problem on my James Bond last night so have it ready to go pending the delivery of a new drop target from Marco. Got two satellite jackpots in one game the other day, that felt good as well.

#79 10 years ago

I agree would like to see pics of the added GI bulbs.

#83 10 years ago

Sorry I was referencing my 1980 Gottlieb James Bond 007, one of the yellow drop targets on the left side snapped. That mean when a game started that switch was already touching, for whatever reason that was causing the third drop target on each of the other banks to also register as closed and not allowing the banks to reset. Anyway, made the switch break contact and then the other drop targets also began to then register. Ordered the drop target last night so hopefully here in the next day or two and I can have that running 100%.

Anyone else have trouble keeping the stand up targets on goldeneye aligned properly? I feel like I have tightened all of them but they just get hit so hard they seem to slip a bit to the side and then not register as well. Is it just me?

#88 9 years ago

I have a green light in my helicopter pilot area, i just assumed that was how they came.

#94 9 years ago

Swings thanks for the work on the satellite project!

#98 9 years ago

Went through yesterday and adjusted all my stand up target switches to get ready for a party this weekend, noticed I had a connector broken on one of my slings so got that ordered last night as well. Now my targets are nice and sensitive and Q-Pen mode is still a pain to complete.

Also the center lock target....should it be straight or angled. Mine was straight but when under the playfield I noticed it only had one screw holding it in place, after finding the other screw in the bottom of the cabinet and then lining up the holes my target now sits at an angle with the target face towards the right side of the cabinet....is this correct?

#102 9 years ago

Okay thanks for the heads up, target still works fine angled and it kind of matched the angles of the playfield to me so it made a bit of sense, but wanted to check.

#104 9 years ago

Yes there is a trick.....1st is called luck.....second nope thats its just lucky. I can't believe there isn't a way to set the timer for longer on the pen mode, or for it to save how many hits you have from each time you start the mode....maybe Chad can work on an update after he finished JP.

#106 9 years ago

So finally fixed my broken drop target on James Bond 007 tonight that was also causing switch errors....five games in after fixing another drop target snaps....son of a bitch! I guess 35 year old plastic is bound to break eventually but super annoyed at the moment.

#108 9 years ago

Yeah just going to order a new set this time, and almost always order a large quantity when I order parts just to start building up an inventory of stuff and this is the one time i didn't damn pinball addiction.

#113 9 years ago

Rebuilt my flippers this morning and just put up 3.4 billion for a new grand champion score!

#118 9 years ago

Wow, Swinks, that looks awesome! Do we have a price on it? I held a party on Sunday and a bunch of the local guys by me got to play Goldeneye for the first time and it was very popular.

#130 9 years ago

Q's Pen completed again tonight that's about 5 times in 6 months.

2 months later
#136 9 years ago

Nate, I actually use the left flipper much more. I think you can hit everything but the shoot out targets with it. Also post passes seem more risky than ramp shots on my game at least.

#137 9 years ago

New James Bond backglass thanks to BGresto.

image-78.jpgimage-78.jpg
1 month later
#142 9 years ago

Finally got the new BG installed today.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#144 9 years ago

Wall or make a end table with it or something

1 year later
#159 8 years ago

Just putting this one out there someone should contact ColorDMD about coloring Goldeneye! I don't have the skill, but I bet one of you owners out there does and I would love to see that dmd in full color

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Couldn't agree more, I'm very computer literate so could probably do it no problem but really need to read up on how it's done but I'd love to see Goldneye in colour it's the last modificstion/modernisation/upgrade I'd do to my Goldeneye.

Jon contact Colordmd. They will likely provide you with the details on the process.

3 months later
#181 7 years ago

I go for Q's pen mode first to get it out of the way. With he other modes being significantly easier I rathe have multiple tries at Q and hope for the best at starting the other modes.

#184 7 years ago

Goldeneye I use left flipper super late shot.

3 months later
#192 7 years ago

I'm just hoping rumors of a new Bond game being developed are true so this club can grow!

#194 7 years ago

I know there is a novice setting and a regular setting that can be selected at game starts but I'm not sure what the names are as I have that setting turned off.

3 months later
#234 7 years ago

Ok guys so having a problem with my gottlieb James Bond 007.

My drop targets wont reset.

Pop bumpers still work fine, flippers work fine, all switches score correctly. So I'm assuming this is a connector issue, but I can't figure out which connector I need to redo to likely fix my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. -Tommy

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Would love to see a new bond pin that spans the history of the franchise. Don't think it's feasible given all of the licensing involved, and doing any subset of it would feel incomplete. I'm guessing the only way this could happen would be if it focused on a future movie.

I've heard rumors of JJP being in the process of this.

4 months later
#364 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Im doing a full restore and custom job on the cab art and translite.
Just for fun.
I am lucky enough to have a very talented artist, who is also a fellow pinhead, near by.
He did it freehand,then polished the playfield so well, you would think it had been clear coated.
I will post some pics after I finish putting it back together.
Original Translite and my version

Can't wait to see pics of this, so regret selling my Goldeneye, can't wait to get it back in the lineup.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Anyone doing a feature on a Gottlieb 007 need a NOS playfield blank, let me know!

Just sent you a PM. I'm very interested.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Some club members asked me to update on my magnets problem after my board was repaired - well, the board repair did NOT fix my problem, so my machine is lying in a pile after I smashed it to bits with a sledge hammer!!! (Kidding, but I wanted to!)
Sooooo, back to trouble shooting when I find some time.

Just dump it, game isn't any good anyway....as a fellow pinsider I'll end your suffering by taking it off your hands

9 months later
#437 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I can commission to have this board remade. I am aware of the mods for both twister and goldeneye service bulletins.
If there are any other improvements to make this board "better", please post it here.
Also, if someone already has this project in the works, please let me know. I don't want to duplicate efforts.

Thank you if you can get this done. I have sold my Goldeneye, but hope to get another in the near future and would love to know this part will be available.

1 month later
#473 6 years ago

Anyone else want one of these...
BCC562DB-5624-468C-A927-03210267CBE2 (resized).jpegBCC562DB-5624-468C-A927-03210267CBE2 (resized).jpeg

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Beautiful backglass! Did you create that??

No not me at all. BGResto did it for someone but I agree it looks awesome

2 weeks later
#490 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes please how much?? And I assume it’s a translite?
And can he do one for the other 23 Bond films?? I’ll take one of each!

Actually it’s BG Resto you can check the website but it’s actually a backglass. Looks like about $300 with shipping in US.

1 year later
#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Johno75:

I can set my Gottlieb James Bond to 3 and 5 ball game but does anyone know how to set it to the timed game instead?

It is different roms if you are using an original board, if you are using an aftermarket board it could depend on a few things.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Johno75:

Thanks. It’s an original board but it must have updated rom as can set 3 or 5 ball Game by changing a switch on the board.

Yeah I think you’ll have to order some new ones

2 years later
#858 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithium:

Yes, I posted a while back that after league this month I would be willing to send mine to Cliff.
YERFDOG and J85M please send me a PM with your email address and I'll include you on an email chain I have with Cliff and another pinside member, Quayle, to get these ramp guides and ramp protectors reproduced. At the time, several months ago Cliff was booked up, but hopefully he has some time to look at this project now.
Thanks!

I’d buy sets as well. Feel free to include me. [email protected]

2 months later
#881 1 year ago
Quoted from Bax1:

well looks like my purchase of goldeneye just went sideways. supposedly the husband wants to keep it now.

I tried to buy that one too hhaha

3 weeks later
#898 1 year ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

Responding to my own issue, in case anyone else has this problem!
There was definitely a problem with the magnet board, as I have replaced that, and it now works perfectly. I *believe* one of the legs for one of the capacitors that hangs from the board had come loose, and what was happening was that any vibrations to it were loosening the connection enough that the magnet would no longer hold the ball. Just a guess, but I'm pretty sure that was the issue.
Anyway, the new mypinballs magnet board is nice and sturdy and was easy to install, and includes some led test lights should there be any future issues with it. Happy with the purchase.

I just replaced mine with applejuice board as well and can also say excellent replacement!

#900 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Joined the club again.... for the third time!! im hopeless.. but sold my second due to some issues and need of money.

Haha I’m a 3 time member as well. Ironically my third one is actually my original game that I sold to a retailer and ended up owned by multiple people in between.

2 weeks later
#911 1 year ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

No it goes side 2 side .the satilite multiball wont start.. the green inserts stay lit and the ramp goes up the ball stays on for a half a second then falls.. it keeps doing the same thing.over. only one ball

The switch isn’t registering in that case

1 month later
#924 1 year ago

A new game will be joining the club!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
Cabinet parts
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.