20231105_112237.jpg
20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johno75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 8 years ago

cool thread guys. I have both the goldeneye and the gottlieb james bond in my collection. want to do an awesome LED conversion on both so has anyone got any recomendations on colours etc which has worked well for them?

also does anyone know where i can buy a new helicopter for goldeneye as mine is pretty trashed?

3 years later
#527 5 years ago

I have a Gottlieb System 80 James Bond. When I start a game the ball is not getting kicked out into the shooter lane as it should. If I place a ball manually in the shooter lane and start to play a game the flippers don't work and when the ball drains and doesn't get kicked out again either.

What should I be looking at to try and rectify the problem and can anyone tell me the fuse and location of the fuse that would control the flippers/ball kicking out as I will start there?

Any help greatly appreciated

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

This will sound odd, but check to see if all the coin switches are open. I ran into a similar problem with a System 80 A machine once (Rocky).

thanks mate. This may be a stupid question but you mean the coin switches on the rear of the coin door when I open up the coin door? Is that what you mean and what should I be looking for? A credit can be added and the game starts but doesn't kick the ball out??

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Yes, even if you can credit using a coin switch, the game may not start or start and not eject the ball if one of the coin switches is stuck closed. This may not be the problem in your case, but I would check.
[quoted image]

I think you may be right about the coin switch and I might be on the right track as I remembered that I was doing something inside the coin door when it first stopped ejecting the ball on start. I've only had time to look at the right hand coin switch and if I move the metal wire in a certain way it sometimes blanks out the credit display at the bottom of the playfield. i don't really know what I'm looking for/how to fix it though.

is there a good picture description anywhere that shows what the coin switched should look like etc when they are fully working?

Added over 5 years ago:

** edit** I just did the switch test and it came up with switch # 67 which I understand is the outhole

http://replay.pinball.ch/system80pins/Jamesbond-tec.html

So what should I be looking at now to fix it as I'm at a loss?

3 months later
#537 4 years ago

I can set my Gottlieb James Bond to 3 and 5 ball game but does anyone know how to set it to the timed game instead?

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It is different roms if you are using an original board, if you are using an aftermarket board it could depend on a few things.

Thanks. It’s an original board but it must have updated rom as can set 3 or 5 ball Game by changing a switch on the board.

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I think you’ll have to order some new ones

ok thanks. do you know if it's just simple matter of removing the 3/5 ball rom chip and putting in the timed game rom chip? if so any idea where to source the timed game rom chip?

3 months later
#568 4 years ago

I've got an issue with my Goldeneye where the satellite only works intermittently, say every second time you make the satellite ramp shot. Sometimes when you light the satellite option and then the ball goes over the rollover switch which should raise the ramp to shoot at the satellite it doesn't raise and the satellite doesn't move but if you do the same thing a second or perhaps third time everything will work as it should.
Has anybody got any idea what the issue may be and what I should be looking at to fix it? I've looked under the playfield and the connectors/wiring to the satellite look fine, so just after any ideas at all.

Thanks guys

1 year later
#741 3 years ago

Can anyone please tell me the part # for the clear plastic ramp that the helicopter sits on for goldeneye and where I may be able to buy one??

Also are nos or replica helicopters available anywhere?

5 months later
#785 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Small red circle goes on the back of the gun

Damn. I never knew my gun was missing this decal! Could some please send me a high res scan of it so I can print it and put on my gun?

Also if anybody has a high res scan of the right hand side plastic of the guy in the wheelchair id b interested in that too!

5 months later
#839 2 years ago

Hey guys,

Can anybody please provide me with a high res scan/photo (suitable for printing) of the Goldeneye 007 decal that goes on the back of the gun assembly that launches the ball and also of the plastic on the right hand side of the guy in the wheelchair? My Goldeneye is missing both so thought if I get a high res scan/photo I could print them and install?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Johno

7 months later
#926 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
I'm having issues with ALL the displays on my Gottlieb James Bond. When I power on the machine none of them light up. If I open the headbox up and go through and remove and reseat all the connectors and turn it back on, they will light up again for a few days and then will go out again. I have checked the fuse in the cabinet bottom and it's not that. Any ideas what the issue could be and simple things to check? My knowledge and skills are pretty limited!
Thanks in advance.

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithium:

In Gotlieb's, one faulty display can cause all the others to stop working because of the way they are daisy chained. I would start by swapping display 1 and 4 and waiting to see if the problem occurs again in all the displays.
Pinwiki has a large section dedicated to many of the potential root causes: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Gottlieb_System_80#Display_Problems

Thanks mate. is it easy to swap the displays around? I've never done it or looked into it.

3 months later
#946 1 year ago

Hey guys,
Has anybody seen this issue before with a Gottlieb James Bond?
The game plays fine and playfield illumination works fine but the displays and globes in the backbox are all out, although the Game Over and High Score To Date lights up in the back box.
Doesn’t appear to be any of the fuses in the bottom of the cabinet.
Has anyone got any ideas on what’s wrong and how to fix it?
Cheers
Johno

414E97F8-27C1-4CD2-A42C-6A36FE8BCE2D (resized).jpeg414E97F8-27C1-4CD2-A42C-6A36FE8BCE2D (resized).jpegDCBACDD1-A2FC-4604-835D-E5FE1C3DA5C0 (resized).jpegDCBACDD1-A2FC-4604-835D-E5FE1C3DA5C0 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#1030 7 months ago

Hi,

Probably silly question but which board in the Gottlieb Jame bond controls/powers the displays?

1 week later
#1034 7 months ago
Quoted from Lithium:

The CPU Board controls the data signals to the displays. The Power Supply provides the voltage rails to the displays.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Gottlieb_System_80#/media/File:Gtb_sys80_boards_3.png

thanks very much for that. So if my displays have an issue where all 4 of them go out after a while (at the same time) of the machine being on would it be a power supply issue and would replacing the power supply be likely to fix it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johno75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club?tu=johno75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.