20231105_112237.jpg
20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 7 years ago

Wow so glad i found this thread. Seriously I was going to start a Goldeneye club. Goldeneye should really be in the heading somewhere. Anyway, love this game and love the ideas for mods.

#190 7 years ago

Would liked to see a pic of the tank mod. Tbh it just sits there and its so dark i never notice its there.

Question about magnet wear. My machine has almost none andit looks like it was disabled in settings. I reset it. What can i do to protect it? If i put mylar there will the magnet still grip?

#193 7 years ago

I played my Goldeneye tonight and hit the right flipper when pressing the game start. "Wizard Something" showed up on the DMD but I didn't notice any changes to game play. Anyone know what that's about?

#195 7 years ago

This is definitely different.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I played my Goldeneye tonight and hit the right flipper when pressing the game start. "Wizard Something" showed up on the DMD but I didn't notice any changes to game play. Anyone know what that's about?

Ok. Figured out that if you hit the left flipper while pushing start you go into tournament mode. If you hit the right flipper you go into extra hard (wizard game) tournament mode.

#198 7 years ago

bumpercap mod

a_(resized).jpga_(resized).jpg

aaaa_(resized).jpgaaaa_(resized).jpg

aa_(resized).jpgaa_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#200 7 years ago

Show us your crotch! 20 year old game and the ball save feature was disabled. I enabled it and added mylar. Here it is with no mylar.

Goldeneye1_(resized).jpgGoldeneye1_(resized).jpg

#201 7 years ago

Recent upgrades.

Comet amber lighting strips with dimmer behind the sunset plastic
11 SMD LED Pop Bumper Lights (Amber)
Clear Amber pop bumper caps.
Metal-Mods 007 Decals on pop bumpers
LEDs under the playfield, incandescents on top of playfield.
Bent light led behind whatever that star target is.
Swinks Grey Repro Satellite Dish
NOS ramp sign decals
Added lights under the upper left corner plastic and wherever light holes were cut but not populated on the playfield.

I also added gold flippers with red superbands and light strip under the shooter lame plastic will take a pic if anyone wants to see it. I'm also thinking of adding gold lights under all ramps but I'm not sure I want to take off the ramps again (but I probably will). I also added a subwoofer which really boosts the sound.

Goldeneye2_(resized).jpgGoldeneye2_(resized).jpg

#203 7 years ago

I used 2 Comet 8 inch amber strips with a splitter and a dimmer. I used 1 inch black screws and half inch nylon spacers so the lights weren't right up against the plastic and the lights is spread and diffused. It really looks awesome and like it was meant to be on there. Lights up the rear of the playfield nicely too.

3 weeks later
#204 7 years ago

Another mod, I also lit under the plastic under the upper right hand plastic. Game is now dialed in...

Goldeneye Plastic (resized).jpgGoldeneye Plastic (resized).jpg

1 week later
#206 7 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted in this club but it really should be here as it is awesome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-goldeneye-restoration

3 weeks later
#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

LED's in GoldenEye.
Doing a tear-down, cleaning, etc since my satellite dish is on the fritz.
When I got the machine, someone put superbright LEDS in that flicker and don't turn all the way off, etc. I want to replace them with LED's - do I need to go with the more expensive non-ghosting, non-flicker variety to make sure they work "correctly" with this machine?
Also, anyone that has added some color, what did you use? Playfield is so mixed with color - was considering a light blue beneath those blue plastics and maybe red for casting red onto the lower and upper pf areas?? Also considering light-up red plastic posts for slings.
Also, does the satellite run off of 12V? Would be nice to add a bright LED 12v pad beneath the dish when it is activated.

I went with a lot of amber leds to make it as "golden" as possible. I also used all incandescent bulbs under the ramps to show gold and limit the seizures. Also changed the pops to amber plastics/lights and an amber center target from marco. Amber light for the back plastic sunset and the shooter plastic. The dmd is already amber naturally so bam. Gold flippers with red superbands. Someday gold legs lockbar etc.

4 weeks later
#225 7 years ago

New amber post lights look awesome in person. My cell doesn't show how golden it if. Also brightens up the center of the playfield.

20161120_140656 (resized).jpg20161120_140656 (resized).jpg

20161120_140415 (resized).jpg20161120_140415 (resized).jpg

#229 7 years ago

Is that the one in the movie?

1 week later
#233 7 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Hi all,
has anyone installed a Dr. Pinball dmd extender into the Goldeneye?
I love the idea of a colour display.
I am 95% finished and will post a video ,IF successful.
Mind you its probably a big IF, as I am no electronics wizard.
Love to hear from anyone who has done this before.
Cheers
Rich

The only color I really want is gold and the current DMD is perfect for what I need. Gold everywhere!

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Ok, Pintucky said that he didn't have a problem with regular LED's anyone else use the more expensive non-ghosting/flickering/etc at a dollar a pop from Comet?? What I have in there now is a four LED - and they are too bright, and flicker ghost way too much.
Also, Pintucky mentioned the magnets "tiring out" where they are no longer strong enough to do the job. Anyone have this problem with the satellite dish? Mine stopped grabbing the ball, although it still turns and activates when it should - I'm going to replace the fuse as well to see if that's the problem.
-Nate

I don't use the 4 light LEDs on anything, just too much light. The single (color matched) comets under all inserts and regular incandescents on the GI look fine to me. Also, I never use LEDs for any of the flashers. as they are too startling and I don't want to buy an LEDOCD board.

As far as the magnets go, never had a problem but there is a ton of information in earlier posts about testing/tweaking/buying them.

#246 7 years ago

Those look dynamite. You could also print onto clear stickers or water decals...

#252 7 years ago

Yes. You have to remove all the ramps to get to all of the gi. I used incandescent 47s for the gi. The warm glow is nice and much smoother during the tank multiball light show. I also only use incandescent for the flashers for the same reason.

Such an awesome game. Congratulations!

#254 7 years ago

Completed the flippers. Gold flipper bats with red Super Bands. Waterslide decals on top.

20161213_092107 (resized).jpg20161213_092107 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#259 7 years ago

Wow, nice stickers!

1 month later
#285 7 years ago

Prob not it but when I got my GE the magnet was disabled in settings. Turned it on and it worked pefect. Bonus was that there was absolutely zero wear between the flippers which is incredibly rare. Slapped a mylar patch on it immediately.

3 weeks later
#302 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have a NOS plastics set, would anyone be interested in repro plastic sets? If I could get HD scans of them and some sets made here in the UK I would be happy to before I installed them on my NOS playfield and begin my NOS rebuild this year.
Just wondering if anyone would be interested, as I am considering doing it anyway so I have a spare repro set for myself.

Retrorefurbs can do it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-the-sopranos-plastic-set-mini-kit#post-3659508

2 weeks later
#308 7 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Has anybody upgraded the speakers on this game? I don't want to shell out $150 on a kit from PP or FF. How about one of the recommended external powered sub woofers? Any ideas on getting all three speakers replaced from Parts Express, maybe a crossover? Any ideas?

Sounds expensive to replace the speakers for very little return. Unless the soundfile was higher fidelity, not much is going to help. Best bang for the buck is a powered subwoofer, especially for Goldeneye.

#319 7 years ago

I think I'm going to add two spotlights on the slings to brighten up the middle playfield. Has anybody done that?

I got amber star post lights with amber star posts. Pic is somewhere in this thread. Brightens un nice.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1995

#321 7 years ago

That's a good idea. I'm going to try an amber led strip on the backboard plastic. Maybe amber is the color to go with this theme.
I just finished designing score cards and a graphic to replace the middle Stern logo on the apron. I will post it for everybody to use once I test the fit.

Awesome. Yes, the amber behind the sunset plastic in the back with dimmer looks perfect. Such an awesome game i just wish qs pen mode was less than impossible...where is chadh!!!!

1 week later
#333 7 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Mind shooting a quick pic how u wired them? Awesome idea.

I just wired them with alligator clips to the end to GI wires under the playfield.

2 weeks later
#369 6 years ago

Can't wait to see the progress!

1 month later
#398 6 years ago

Holy shit I just got Q's Pen mode completed for the first time. It IS possible!

5 months later
#415 6 years ago

Swinks satellite dish is one of the best mods in all of pinball.

4 months later
#460 6 years ago
Quoted from cklweb:

Thanks, but I've tried every which way to shoot Bond - and yet everytime the ball launches and the screen changes to the next scene - no bullet-riddled Bond to be found at all

Maybe an earlier version of the Software?

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from cklweb:

I found V4.04 at the "pinball center", so have one last question - Are there any issues with upgrading from such as earlier version (A1.0) to 4.04?

No.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from cklweb:

OK, so I have one more question
Do I change only the Game ROM? Nothing else, like Sound, etc etc?

Correct.

5 months later
#512 5 years ago

I bought mine from swinks it was grey and contoured. Maybe PM him on Pinside he always seems to be on.

Pretty sure marcospecialties.com has those jeweled targets in two colors, I went with gold.

1 year later
#550 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

New goldeneye owner here.
Is the latest code 4.04, and is there any way to make the boot up noise not so GD loud?
Side note: if you are thinking about adding LED flashers LESS IS MORE! Even on flashers:low this thing is freaking blinding. I think every socket had those 10 led towers added. Time for a comet order...

I always do incandescent for flashers. You're right, those towers a generally way too much light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club?tu=Rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.