Topic Stats

• 557 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Edenecho
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 207 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sega coindoor (resized).PNG
2B75FD5D-3D4B-482E-88C0-8D13E8D842B1 (resized).jpeg
20190919_082518 (resized).jpg
IMG_1712 (resized).JPG
gtbcoinsw1 (resized).jpg
BA26E3E4-06C6-435D-8A59-23BC0DC2C697 (resized).jpeg
C28B3899-651B-431C-A8D5-04FA95555E04 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20181204_100103 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181204_095909 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181204_095814 (resized).jpg
29996267-B45E-4E04-9E57-6F9D260231B1 (resized).jpeg
6BA6EA39-0347-4D1C-B008-C6BC7573AB0D (resized).jpeg
EBBD01E1-48A5-4786-A076-26F6FE58390C (resized).jpeg
18610E96-1086-4021-8AFA-715BBB433C29 (resized).jpeg
20181108_144702 (resized).jpg
20181108_144656 (resized).jpg

There are 557 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 2 years ago

Does anybody have a scan of the satellite sticker on the jump ramp? I was hoping that J85M could scan his NOS decal set, he offered but could never get around to scanning it.

1 month later
#402 2 years ago

Archived after 33 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Plastic protector set for your Goldeneye pinball machine. You will get both slingshots and inlane plastic protectors. $14 shipped (USA only) PM me for paypal information”
2017-10-05
Vienna, VA
14 (Firm)

1 week later
#403 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Does anybody have a scan of the satellite sticker on the jump ramp? I was hoping that J85M could scan his NOS decal set, he offered but could never get around to scanning it.

Still looking for that image.

#404 1 year ago

Happy to be joining the club. Have had this game for a couple mo the now and we love it. Gold flippers no crotch wear on the magnet and satellite works great!

3 weeks later
#405 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Still looking for that image.

I will call the guy who did mine and get back to you.

#406 1 year ago

Finally finished my custom restore and Pimp.
Hope you enjoy.

F3 (resized).jpg

F5 (resized).jpg

F7 (resized).jpg

Finished1 (resized).jpg

#407 1 year ago

Congratulations ans just beautiful !!

No words to say how is awesome !! I love I love ...

Incredible and respect

#408 1 year ago

If you want to sell it think about me ...

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from lpierrick:

Congratulations ans just beautiful !!
No words to say how is awesome !! I love I love ...
Incredible and respect

Thanks very much, appreciate your comment

#410 1 year ago

Yes! VERY BEAUTIFUL! Looks like it is brand spanking new! Great powder coat gold. I'm envious. You made my Goldeneye, that I once thought was very nice looking, look like a piece of junk now next to yours!!!

Kudos.

Mike in Kentucky

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Yes! VERY BEAUTIFUL! Looks like it is brand spanking new! Great powder coat gold. I'm envious. You made my Goldeneye, that I once thought was very nice looking, look like a piece of junk now next to yours!!!
Kudos.
Mike in Kentucky

Thanks very much Mike.
I still love playing this game and most visitors go straight past Cactus Canyon and start on Goldeneye,lol

#412 1 year ago

That looks fantastic, congratulations!!! Love the translite and how the blue of the 007 blends down into the speaker panel and DMD colour. Personally, I'm not a big fan of bling-y gold on anything, so I would have done black lockdown bar, legs and side rails - maybe even gloss black to match the head. But thats just me, I think it looks incredible. Great work!!!!

1 week later
#413 1 year ago

Shapeways is having a 10% sale and free shipping (world wide) on Cyber Monday so now is a good time if you need a satellite dish - standard or modded
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksbond

all pinball stuff
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=pinball&sort=newest
Goldeneye - Satellite Dish Mod 4 (resized).jpg
Goldeneye - Satellite Dish Mod 3 (resized).jpg
Goldeneye - Satellite Dish Mod 2 (resized).jpg
Goldeneye - Satellite Dish Mod 1 (resized).jpg

if you get a sat dish I will send a free set of Bond flipper decals (white or gold) to you for free including postage - but send me a pm after you purchase the dish as Shapeways doesn't share your address with me.
b50d4837c5632eb89dbf455e13d4450ec9b34425 (resized).jpg

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from lemonski:

That looks fantastic, congratulations!!! Love the translite and how the blue of the 007 blends down into the speaker panel and DMD colour. Personally, I'm not a big fan of bling-y gold on anything, so I would have done black lockdown bar, legs and side rails - maybe even gloss black to match the head. But thats just me, I think it looks incredible. Great work!!!!

yeah your way would have looked great, also
But I am a bling fan
thanks for comments

#415 1 year ago

Swinks satellite dish is one of the best mods in all of pinball.

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Swinks satellite dish is one of the best mods in all of pinball.

+1 on that - simple and elegant. It's how Sega should have done it in the first place.

1 week later
#417 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Been wanting this game for some time. Great stuff in this thread.

#418 1 year ago

Welcome to the best ball save in pinball!

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Gotta love that crotch save! So many machines have wear there.

#420 1 year ago

speaking of crotch save...

Is there a trick to getting the magnet more consistent?
My magnet grabs the ball every time no problem. However, the throw is inconsistent: Sometimes it fires it up/up-left/up-right and others it just wiggles and lets go.
I figured it up to the randomness of the magnet, but thought I would ask.

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I dunno. I've had 3 in mine and got 3 different results. My first one just got weaker and weaker and eventually wouldn't pitch it past the flippers.

My next one was really powerful and threw the ball WAY up the PF. It lasted about 2 years and then it just died away.

My last one is not very powerful, but it sent the ball straight up the PF and of course, the ball rolled STDM! I had to tinker with it by turning it a hair until I could get it to sling the ball to the left, where the left flipper would catch it. It's not very impressive but it gets the job done.

This all leaves me to wonder if every magnet comes out a little different. No two alike. I have no idea how the magnets get the signal to get turned on, but have often wondered if there was any 'regulator' in the process that determines how much 'juice' the magnet gets each time. It may all just be purely mechanical. Would be nice if one of the experts on here would clarify if the game ROM can actually determine how much 'throw' the magnet can have.

The reason I ask this is the magnet in my Avatar can absolutely throw that ball wildly . . . bouncing off of things 2 feet away! And at other times, it just barely slings the ball. So . . . what is the 'determiner' of how much power the magnet gets each time it is activated?

Mike in Kentucky

#422 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Thanks !!!

1 week later
#423 1 year ago

I just joined the Goldeneye club, but as I am new to Sega games, I did not know what to look for. I did determine the magnets were not working, but did not know about the separate mag board. I found it and it is a little crispy. I ordered some parts, but not sure I can get it working again. I just want to see if anyone has an extra laying around. Working would be great, but I know it is a long shot. If there is a repairable one out there, I will give it a shot. Mine is burned pretty bad at the ceramic resistor. Not much left of the old resistor. Is this a normal failure?

board (resized).jpg

#424 1 year ago
Quoted from Bkap:

Is this a normal failure?

I own a Goldeneye and have followed all posts for several years now on Pinside. I have never seen this before so I'm thinking this is not a normal failure.

I THINK the last time I explored buying this board new it was very expensive and was not available.

You might consider sending it off to Clive at Coin Op Cauldron: http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/Index.html

He is very reasonable in his pricing. I've used him several times and am VERY pleased with his work and what he charged me. Perhaps he could rebuild this card. You could email him the same photo and maybe he can tell you from looking at that if he can indeed fix it.

Mike in Kentucky

#425 1 year ago

Are we supposed to apply BOTH the Twister and Goldeneye update on the magnet board?

sb91.pdf

sb84.pdf

#426 1 year ago

Does anyone know if this game has a 12 volt power connector? I don't see one in the normal spot that modern Sterns have. Pretty sure my viper night driving has a connector near the power box like the Sterns do.

3 weeks later
#427 1 year ago

Factory tank just looks very cheap and bland . Also I used to be a tanker and the stock model looked more like a T-34 than the T-55 that was used in the movie.

Found an exact replica from the movie. It was a James Bond collection item and it appears to be pretty rare. Found it in Germany .Slightly wider but I like it better than stock.

#428 1 year ago

image (resized).jpg

1 week later
#429 1 year ago

Does anyone have a spare dead magnet board they are willing to part with?

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from Bkap:

magnet board

What is this? The magnet under the PF, or is there a separate board that goes to it?

#431 1 year ago

It is a board mounted under the playfield. It runs the 2 magnets in the game. The same board is used on Twister. No other games use it. No one has the boards in stock. I am looking for one to loan to a friend to see if he can make a better one. If he does, there will be another option for the boards. Board number is 520-5143-00, 01, 02. The -01 I think is twister, the -02 Is for Goldeneye. Same board, different program on the chip that runs it.

#432 1 year ago

I was only thinking about the magnet between the flippers for magna-save. Never gave a thought about the magnet for the satellite dish. I am very familiar with that board. I'm not sure my board functions correctly, though. I'm having issues with the countdown on the dish activating and some other things. It would be nice if someone COULD build that board.

#433 1 year ago

There is only one board and it runs both magnets. So yes, it would be nice to upgrade the board. That is was I would like to do and am trying to find someone who replaced theirs when new ones were available and still have the old dead one laying around.

1 week later
#434 1 year ago

Ya for the first time I am having issues with my satellite dish magnet. When you activate the satellite ramp you NEED to make the magnet shot to get multiball, but mine just gives you multiball without hitting the dish. All I could find on the issue was replace the chip... so I ordered one.... hope that fixes it

#435 1 year ago

Glad to see all this discussion about the magnet board. My magnets (both) suddenly stopped working altogether - even in testing.

No idea where to start - MPU board was recently gone over so I know it's nothing on that board. It looked like I wasn't getting the proper voltage to the magnet from what I can recall after troubleshooting months ago with no luck (approx. half necessary 50v I think)????

-Nate

#436 1 year ago
Quoted from Bkap:

No one has the boards in stock. I am looking for one to loan to a friend to see if he can make a better one. If he does, there will be another option for the boards. Board number is 520-5143-00, 01, 02. The -01 I think is twister, the -02 Is for Goldeneye. Same board, different program on the chip that runs it.

Quoted from Pintucky:

It would be nice if someone COULD build that board.

I can commission to have this board remade. I am aware of the mods for both twister and goldeneye service bulletins.
If there are any other improvements to make this board "better", please post it here.
Also, if someone already has this project in the works, please let me know. I don't want to duplicate efforts.

#437 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I can commission to have this board remade. I am aware of the mods for both twister and goldeneye service bulletins.
If there are any other improvements to make this board "better", please post it here.
Also, if someone already has this project in the works, please let me know. I don't want to duplicate efforts.

Thank you if you can get this done. I have sold my Goldeneye, but hope to get another in the near future and would love to know this part will be available.

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Would remaking the board remove the custom PIC chip on it? I assume it would be better to make it as generic as possible with no dependency on custom parts.

Anyway, I would definitely be in the queue to get one.

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from lemonski:

Would remaking the board remove the custom PIC chip on it?

Good idea. I can definitely inquire about that.
Any other ideas for improvements?

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I would also commit to buying a board if you were to start an interest list. Thanks for your efforts. This is needed.

#441 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Ya for the first time I am having issues with my satellite dish magnet. When you activate the satellite ramp you NEED to make the magnet shot to get multiball, but mine just gives you multiball without hitting the dish. All I could find on the issue was replace the chip... so I ordered one.... hope that fixes it

Well i got the chip, and put it in. it didnt fix it. I have no idea why the dish thinks it has a ball on it. sure makes multiball easy.

#442 1 year ago

Well i got the chip, and put it in. it didnt fix it.

If you ever figure out what the problem is, please post it on here. As I said in an earlier thread, my dish holds the ball and the pin waits and waits to start multi-ball and by the time it starts all the points have been winding down on the screen and I end up never earning any of those that are timed 'on the clock' countdown. I thought perhaps getting a new game ROM would solve this and was waiting to see what happened when you did that. Looks like the dish problems are somewhere else.

#443 1 year ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

If you ever figure out what the problem is, please post it on here. As I said in an earlier thread, my dish holds the ball and the pin waits and waits to start multi-ball and by the time it starts all the points have been winding down on the screen and I end up never earning any of those that are timed 'on the clock' countdown. I thought perhaps getting a new game ROM would solve this and was waiting to see what happened when you did that. Looks like the dish problems are somewhere else.

Sounds like you and I have the opposite but same problem.

#444 1 year ago

I have been trying to get mine working. I am slowly replacing the parts. New Tips, ceramic resistors (old one fried), new double diodes per service bullitin. New chip. I have checked all the power and it all seems to be there.

If someone has a working one, can they fire up the game and see if the 2 LEDs light up or blink on the magnet board under the playfield. Mid way on right side. Mine do not. I did get one to blink when I jumped the power to check the magnets. Otherwise there is nothing.

#445 1 year ago

Sounds like you and I have the opposite but same problem.

Correct analogy!!!

#446 1 year ago

Wow, glad to see all this magnet talk. Mine just suddenly stopped working and I have not been able to trace the cause. As someone suggested, anyone finding anything remotely wrong and fixing it might help others solve the puzzle as well.

No fun having such a huge "paperweight" called GoldenEye!!!

#447 1 year ago

Hi all,
I know this is a big ask,
has anyone got or know where to get a replacement gun??

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

speaking of crotch save...
My magnet grabs the ball every time no problem. However, the throw is inconsistent: Sometimes it fires it up/up-left/up-right and others it just wiggles and lets go.
I figured it up to the randomness of the magnet, but thought I would ask.

I got my magnets working 100% now!
First, I applied/confimed the sega tech bulletins for goldeneye and twister board mods are done and the components tested good.
The magnet ball save wasn’t tossing the ball consistently, but it was grabbing it every time. So, I replaced the coil and now it tosses the ball up perfect every time!
It’s possible the previous owner ran magnets with an unmoded board for quite a while. Maybe this puts too much load on the magnet coils?
I also had an issue with the satellite letting go of the ball early in multiball or not grabbing at all in hurry up.
I went to go change that coil too and found one of the wire leads hanging on by a thread. I’m guessing it’s possible the turning of the motor over time yanked on the leads? Either way, soldered back on, and I’m back in business.

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Mine just suddenly stopped working and I have not been able to trace the cause.

If I am not mistaken, there is one or two fuses under the PF close to the magnet that is part of that circuit. When I first got mine, I thought it was broken. Trent came to visit one day and raised the PF and showed me where the fuse(s) were. Did the replacement and it was up and running again. I hope your problem is this simple.

#450 1 year ago

Just listed my really nice Goldeneye in the Marketplace - located in Northern Virginia

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.40
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Barrington, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 88.00
There are 557 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside