20231105_112237.jpg
20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
There are 1,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

I love the game though, I got the game for a steal but put so much money into it to get it working.

I really am at a loss, and its depressing, id take a big loss if I sold it.

If it makes you feel any better I doubt anyone has as much money in Goldeneye as I do :Oops:

I have brought every possible game specific part NOS with the plan to do a NOS restore it will look as good if not better than when it came out the box, which is only going to swallow up more money but it's my grail game so I don't care

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

but it's my grail game so I don't care

And that's all that matters. I have a couple of games like that.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

And that's all that matters. I have a couple of games like that.

Exactly! It was the one game I kept during/after my messy separation and I had a nice collection, but Goldeneye had to stay at all costs

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have a NOS playfields, NOS decal/sticker set and NOS plastic sets.
I'm more than happy to take scans or HD pics of playfield areas, the same with decals hd scan and make repros, I did post in this thread about getting some repro plastic sets done from my NOS set but literally 3 people got back to me.

I'm still keen on having at least one set of replacement plastics....did Pete from RetroRefurbs ever indicate how much it would cost to run them (or if they could even do it)?

I got a decal set from Marco, but I don't know how good they are compared to a NOS set...there are so few parts around for GE I thought I had better grab them

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from lemonski:

there are so few parts around for GE

I may be to blame for that

I am going to speak to Pete RetroRefurbs about it but I also have a local company that do all sorts of print work so will be speaking to them and then seeing how much interest there is for stuff before I use all mine on my restore.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have a NOS playfields, NOS decal/sticker set and NOS plastic sets.

nice.

my helicopter has seen better days.... none of those around are there ?
i did put an aston martin on top of the right ramp and that looks pretty good...

contemplating mirror blades

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

nice.
my helicopter has seen better days.... none of those around are there ?
i did put an aston martin on top of the right ramp and that looks pretty good...
contemplating mirror blades

I have a set of original SEGA models, but I also have diecast models that are movie accurate for the Helicopter, DB5, F355 and best of all the Tank

I will probably use the diecasts as they just look 100% better than the originals but I am still unsure if I am going to go for a completely original restore or update it a little here and there.

I like the idea of Gold Mirror Blades

#358 6 years ago

Let's get these plastics made, come on people, your know you are going to need a set, PM JonM . . . . . the more made, the cheaper they will be !

#359 6 years ago

thanks for all the support guys. I went through everything to see if any wires were exposed or touching or anything of the like. I started it up and played through a game with no issues, When the ball drained the fuse blew last time, this time it didnt blow at all with a 3 ball game. So im hoping maybe something that caused it wont come back? I guess time will tell. Im sure tomorrow ill post it happened again haha. It got to the point I didnt want to shut the machine off because it was finally working.

#360 6 years ago

Picked this up yesterday. Feels good to be back in the club.

IMG_0478 (resized).JPGIMG_0478 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#361 6 years ago

Any chance of somebody scanning the decal set? All I really need is the satellite sticker.

#362 6 years ago

Any chance of somebody scanning the decal set? All I really need is the satellite sticker.

Contact JonM, four messages before yours, he is looking for people to go in on getting some reproduction plastics made.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

What was the process to get to the After?

Im doing a full restore and custom job on the cab art and translite.
Just for fun.
I am lucky enough to have a very talented artist, who is also a fellow pinhead, near by.
He did it freehand,then polished the playfield so well, you would think it had been clear coated.
I will post some pics after I finish putting it back together.

Original Translite and my version

013 (resized).jpg013 (resized).jpg

012 (resized).jpg012 (resized).jpg

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Im doing a full restore and custom job on the cab art and translite.
Just for fun.
I am lucky enough to have a very talented artist, who is also a fellow pinhead, near by.
He did it freehand,then polished the playfield so well, you would think it had been clear coated.
I will post some pics after I finish putting it back together.
Original Translite and my version

Can't wait to see pics of this, so regret selling my Goldeneye, can't wait to get it back in the lineup.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it makes you feel any better I doubt anyone has as much money in Goldeneye as I do :Oops:
I have brought every possible game specific part NOS with the plan to do a NOS restore it will look as good if not better than when it came out the box, which is only going to swallow up more money but it's my grail game so I don't care

Nice,
I feel the same way, great pin.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Can't wait to see pics of this, so regret selling my Goldeneye, can't wait to get it back in the lineup.

Love the game, dont like the cab art.
So --

025 (resized).jpg025 (resized).jpg

043 (resized).jpg043 (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 8.47.06 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-01-30 at 8.47.06 am (resized).png

#367 6 years ago

Cool keep us posted richyrich I plan on starting my NOS restore of Goldeneye and I have been trying to workout if I am going to go original with all my NOS parts or custom in some areas, interested to see what you do.

#368 6 years ago

Right on!!!! I too will be doing custom cabinet art when I do my restore....

#369 6 years ago

Can't wait to see the progress!

#370 6 years ago

Re doing the gold wire form, flippers { as seen previous thread}, decided to do the dish as well.
Same gold for legs,coin door { surround in black gloss}, side rails, back box hinges and lock down bar.

049 (resized).jpg049 (resized).jpg

051 (resized).jpg051 (resized).jpg

057 (resized).jpg057 (resized).jpg

012 (resized).jpg012 (resized).jpg

#372 6 years ago

I plan on re-plating my ramps always interesting to see other options though.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Re doing the gold wire form, flippers { as seen previous thread}, decided to do the dish as well.
Same gold for legs,coin door { surround in black gloss}, side rails, back box hinges and lock down bar.

nice.
what target decals are those.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

nice.
what target decals are those.

Got them from this guy in the States
His ebay name is
top-notchtargetsheilds

#375 6 years ago

I'm still looking for a nice Gottleib 007 if anyone is selling or has any leads on one. Would really like to have a nice backglass.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Got them from this guy in the States
His ebay name is
top-notchtargetsheilds

thanks.

#377 6 years ago

Anyone doing a feature on a Gottlieb 007 need a NOS playfield blank, let me know!

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Anyone doing a feature on a Gottlieb 007 need a NOS playfield blank, let me know!

Just sent you a PM. I'm very interested.

#379 6 years ago

A bit different from the original,that is for sure.

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 8.47.38 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-01-30 at 8.47.38 am (resized).png

005 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg

007 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg

006 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg

#380 6 years ago

Are a couple of those images are from the recent Goldeneye game? The one with the shadowed man with the glowing eye looks familiar.

#381 6 years ago

That looks really good...what is the finish on the cabinet? The top of the backbox looks glossy, and the end of the cabinet looks matte. Assuming it is just the angle of the pic.

At some stage I need to redo my cabinet, but I'm torn whether to stay original with Retro Refurbs decals, or do something like this. I'm not big on mods and bling, Swinks' upgraded satellite dish is as far as I am going

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from lemonski:

I'm not big on mods and bling, Swinks' upgraded satellite dish is as far as I am going

the dish is a GREAT upgrade.... it is a MUST for any goldeneye owner..

i was going to give it a gold color, but left it as is..... looks great on the playfield.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from lemonski:

At some stage I need to redo my cabinet, but I'm torn whether to stay original with Retro Refurbs decals, or do something like this. I'm not big on mods and bling, Swinks' upgraded satellite dish is as far as I am going

Same dilemma here redo the original artwork with decals I got a few years ago (from Germany, although I have looked at the retro refurb version and may pick a set up and use which ever is best/closest to the originals) or go with something original that would work with the rest of the art on the translite and playfield, decisions, decisions

#384 6 years ago

Some club members asked me to update on my magnets problem after my board was repaired - well, the board repair did NOT fix my problem, so my machine is lying in a pile after I smashed it to bits with a sledge hammer!!! (Kidding, but I wanted to!)

Sooooo, back to trouble shooting when I find some time.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Some club members asked me to update on my magnets problem after my board was repaired - well, the board repair did NOT fix my problem, so my machine is lying in a pile after I smashed it to bits with a sledge hammer!!! (Kidding, but I wanted to!)
Sooooo, back to trouble shooting when I find some time.

Just dump it, game isn't any good anyway....as a fellow pinsider I'll end your suffering by taking it off your hands

#386 6 years ago

Has anyone done the suggested magnet processor board update from Sega's #91 service bulletin? Would like some step-by-step to do this - thinking this may solve my problem with the magnets.

-Nate

2 weeks later
#387 6 years ago

I took some movie poster parts and other bits to design some score cards and a couple new graphics to replace the Sega logo in the middle of the apron. A little photoshop and Illustrator and bam. Here they are for anybody that wants them. They are 100% in size.

Goldeneye Score Cards.pdf

Here is a picture of the cards Installed.

IMG_7841 (resized).JPGIMG_7841 (resized).JPG

#388 6 years ago

Here is a picture of the cards Installed.

Yes, I know the stickers on the flippers are upside down.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from lemonski:

That looks really good...what is the finish on the cabinet? The top of the backbox looks glossy, and the end of the cabinet looks matte. Assuming it is just the angle of the pic.

Thanks, it is gloss on top.
Gloss on the back box front as well, just for something different.
It matches the high gloss bolts.
Matt on the back.

I looked at the retro decals from Germany ,but found the color was very ordinary.

Put the playfield back in ,installed some gold trim , color dmd extender, mirror blades, custom translite,
and just a few finishing touches to go.

169 (resized).jpg169 (resized).jpg

171 (resized).jpg171 (resized).jpg

#390 6 years ago

A new speaker panel decal would add the perfect finish to your new art package

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A new speaker panel decal would add the perfect finish to your new art package

Funny you mentioned that.
Working on something ,at the moment

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Funny you mentioned that.
Working on something ,at the moment

Cool, look forward to seeing the final package. I'm not sure whether to go original with my restore or custom or maybe a little in between

#393 6 years ago

Would anyone be interested in this Tiger helicopter? It needs re painting stealth back to look exactly like the one from the film but other than that it's the exact model used in Goldeneye.

I have a couple that are on a smaller scale that I will be using on my rebuild/restore, so just thought I would ask if anyone might want to use a slightly larger model?

Don't want anything for it below are some pictures.

IMG_2722 (resized).JPGIMG_2722 (resized).JPG
IMG_2723 (resized).JPGIMG_2723 (resized).JPG
IMG_2724 (resized).JPGIMG_2724 (resized).JPG

#394 6 years ago

Just played Goldeneye for the first time yesterday. Great game. Another on my want list.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would anyone be interested in this Tiger helicopter? It needs re painting stealth back to look exactly like the one from the film but other than that it's the exact model used in Goldeneye.
I have a couple that are on a smaller scale that I will be using on my rebuild/restore, so just thought I would ask if anyone might want to use a slightly larger model?
Don't want anything for it below are some pictures.

If you'd ship it I'd take it.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from stealthenight:

If you'd ship it I'd take it.

Yeah that wouldn't be an issue for me I don't want anything for the model, would just rather someone here can use it over chucking it out.

Aslong as you don't mind paying the shipping, send me a pm with your details and I'll see what the quickest and cheapest way to get it to you is.

1 week later
#397 6 years ago

I'm still looking for a nice Gottleib James Bond if anyone is thinking about selling.

#398 6 years ago

Holy shit I just got Q's Pen mode completed for the first time. It IS possible!

#399 6 years ago

Can someone measure their DC voltage at pins 1 and 2 of the magnet board beneath the satellite dish? It should be 50v but I am getting 25v on these - just want to confirm that my readings are correct.

Thanks,

N

1 month later
#400 6 years ago

if anyone is interested in a few sets of 007 flipper bat decals, I did a small run.

see thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plunger-plates-flipper-topper-decals-gb-bar-decals

P1150874 (resized).JPGP1150874 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.