20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
20230924_161000.jpg

There are 1,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.
#201 7 years ago

Recent upgrades.

Comet amber lighting strips with dimmer behind the sunset plastic
11 SMD LED Pop Bumper Lights (Amber)
Clear Amber pop bumper caps.
Metal-Mods 007 Decals on pop bumpers
LEDs under the playfield, incandescents on top of playfield.
Bent light led behind whatever that star target is.
Swinks Grey Repro Satellite Dish
NOS ramp sign decals
Added lights under the upper left corner plastic and wherever light holes were cut but not populated on the playfield.

I also added gold flippers with red superbands and light strip under the shooter lame plastic will take a pic if anyone wants to see it. I'm also thinking of adding gold lights under all ramps but I'm not sure I want to take off the ramps again (but I probably will). I also added a subwoofer which really boosts the sound.

Goldeneye2_(resized).jpgGoldeneye2_(resized).jpg

#202 7 years ago

Rondogg, how many strips did you use behind the sunset plastic? I've done the same thing, but only used one in the center. (Then my magnet crapped out, so I haven't played it since!!!).

I'll send you that ramp sticker file btw - now I got what you were asking about in your pm.

-Nate

#203 7 years ago

I used 2 Comet 8 inch amber strips with a splitter and a dimmer. I used 1 inch black screws and half inch nylon spacers so the lights weren't right up against the plastic and the lights is spread and diffused. It really looks awesome and like it was meant to be on there. Lights up the rear of the playfield nicely too.

3 weeks later
#204 7 years ago

Another mod, I also lit under the plastic under the upper right hand plastic. Game is now dialed in...

Goldeneye Plastic (resized).jpgGoldeneye Plastic (resized).jpg

1 week later
#205 7 years ago

Hi guys,
Just put my original Goldeneye Helicopter that I have for backup to sell at Mr Pinball. Soon will put on ebay too. No broken parts, still have some original window decals (yes, they had it!). If anyone is interested, let me know. [email protected].
Best regards,
Paulo

#206 7 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted in this club but it really should be here as it is awesome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-goldeneye-restoration

3 weeks later
#207 7 years ago

LED's in GoldenEye.

Doing a tear-down, cleaning, etc since my satellite dish is on the fritz.

When I got the machine, someone put superbright LEDS in that flicker and don't turn all the way off, etc. I want to replace them with LED's - do I need to go with the more expensive non-ghosting, non-flicker variety to make sure they work "correctly" with this machine?

Also, anyone that has added some color, what did you use? Playfield is so mixed with color - was considering a light blue beneath those blue plastics and maybe red for casting red onto the lower and upper pf areas?? Also considering light-up red plastic posts for slings.

Also, does the satellite run off of 12V? Would be nice to add a bright LED 12v pad beneath the dish when it is activated.

#208 7 years ago

Question for the group. Got me a Golden Eye and the magnet between the playfield grabs the ball and tries to fling it but just not enough power. What could be the problem. The magnet is strong but the ball does not move once it tries to release. My understanding is that is all controlled by the timing on the main board. So what to examine?

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Question for the group. Got me a Golden Eye and the magnet between the playfield grabs the ball and tries to fling it but just not enough power. What could be the problem. The magnet is strong but the ball does not move once it tries to release. My understanding is that is all controlled by the timing on the main board. So what to examine?

OK. I had the same problem. Raise the PF and prop it up so you can work on it from underneath. The magnet is obviously right in front up by the apron. There is a big nut holding it in place. Unscrew it and then adjust the magnet that is inside it by pushing it either up or down. The distance from the ball is the main controller on these things. How you move and adjust that center post (the magnet) determines how much power you have on the pitch back, plus . . . it alters the angle of the pitch. Mine would throw it up but the ball would roll SDTM. It took me several tries but I got it where I wanted it.

These magnets will also 'burn out'. I'm sure there is a way to re-energize them by using some kind of electrical device, just like when you magnetize screwdrivers, etc. However, I cannot think of the name of that thing or how you do it. Someone else on here might explain that.

After my first magnet grew so weak, I bought a new one. It has lasted about 3 years now, but I see it is slowly losing its power. My first thing I'm going to do is try to adjust it just like I explained to you. If that doesn't work, I'll be buying another new one. I think they run between $25 and $30. Been awhile since I priced one. Maybe as low as $19. Just can't remember. One way or another, this is a simple fix.

Mike in Kentucky

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Also, anyone that has added some color, what did you use?

I used a variety of LED's. Some real cheap ones from Pinball Life and some intensely bright ones. I didn't have any ghosting problems with any of them. Can't promise you that you won't have issues, though. Somehow, my pin "liked them". As you said, the pin has so many colors it's hard to figure out what 'color theme' to go with. I just put them in similar places like you said, blue underneath blue, etc.

I ended up using super bright LED's under major inserts. Like the 4 LED ones. I put the red ones under the red inserts and man they really light up now! I put a very strong blue one under that piano looking big insert in front of the dish. Looks great! Before I did that, you could barely see it glowing.

I put 100% LED's in my pin and I've really lighted that baby up! To some people, it probably looks garish. However, I like the beauty of the power of intense color. When I finished, I stepped back and looked at it and it was an amazing sight. The transition from very faint lighting to eye-popping lighting really brought that other-wise dark pin to life.

Also, does the satellite run off of 12V? Would be nice to add a bright LED 12v pad beneath the dish when it is activated.

If the answer to this is not posted on this thread but you find out the answer, please let me know. That sounds like a great idea. I believe I might like to try it.

Mike in Kentucky

#211 7 years ago

Mike, I'll let you know if no one chimes in about the 12v source for the dish. Thanks for the input about the LED's - guess I'll just have to play around with it - the bulbs in there now are ghosting like crazy.........

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

OK. I had the same problem. Raise the PF and prop it up so you can work on it from underneath. The magnet is obviously right in front up by the apron. There is a big nut holding it in place. Unscrew it and then adjust the magnet that is inside it by pushing it either up or down. The distance from the ball is the main controller on these things. How you move and adjust that center post (the magnet) determines how much power you have on the pitch back, plus . . . it alters the angle of the pitch. Mine would throw it up but the ball would roll SDTM. It took me several tries but I got it where I wanted it.
These magnets will also 'burn out'. I'm sure there is a way to re-energize them by using some kind of electrical device, just like when you magnetize screwdrivers, etc. However, I cannot think of the name of that thing or how you do it. Someone else on here might explain that.
After my first magnet grew so weak, I bought a new one. It has lasted about 3 years now, but I see it is slowly losing its power. My first thing I'm going to do is try to adjust it just like I explained to you. If that doesn't work, I'll be buying another new one. I think they run between $25 and $30. Been awhile since I priced one. Maybe as low as $19. Just can't remember. One way or another, this is a simple fix.
Mike in Kentucky

Excellent. thanks for the quick response. I will try this.

#213 7 years ago

It's been awhile since I looked under the PF at that magnet. Instead of "pushing" up or down, like I said previously, I think it has threads and you turn it like a screw. Either way it is the adjustment by moving is what is needed. Good luck!
Mike

#214 7 years ago

LED's in GoldenEye.
Doing a tear-down, cleaning, etc since my satellite dish is on the fritz.
When I got the machine, someone put superbright LEDS in that flicker and don't turn all the way off, etc. I want to replace them with LED's - do I need to go with the more expensive non-ghosting, non-flicker variety to make sure they work "correctly" with this machine?
Also, anyone that has added some color, what did you use? Playfield is so mixed with color - was considering a light blue beneath those blue plastics and maybe red for casting red onto the lower and upper pf areas?? Also considering light-up red plastic posts for slings.

I went with a lot of amber leds to make it as "golden" as possible. I also used all incandescent bulbs under the ramps to show gold and limit the seizures. Also changed the pops to amber plastics/lights and an amber center target from marco. Amber light for the back plastic sunset and the shooter plastic. The dmd is already amber naturally so bam. Gold flippers with red superbands. Someday gold legs lockbar etc.

#215 7 years ago

rondogg, thanks for the recommendation on colors - that's a natural due to the title!

#216 7 years ago

I'm in! Just picked it up today. Plays 100% but needs a new helicopter. I have it set at 7 degrees and can hit all three ramps from the left flipper. Fun game and a great value.

#217 7 years ago

20161023_152717 (resized).jpg20161023_152717 (resized).jpg

#218 7 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking for plastic 02. Mine is broken. If you have a spare, used or NOS, let me know.

Thanks!

Jack

GOLDENEYE_PLASTIC_02 (resized).jpgGOLDENEYE_PLASTIC_02 (resized).jpg

#219 7 years ago

Found a nice replacement helicopter:

20161024_213300 (resized).jpg20161024_213300 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#220 7 years ago

What's the secret to tightening loose screws that go directly into the plastic ramps?? The (sheet metal?) screw-types used to hold the metal protectors onto the sides of the ramps are not tightening- would one of those "toothed" washers do the job???

Would like to hear suggestions - in process of shopping/cleaning my pf.

Also, anyone use Titan rubbers? Looks like some blues and reds would look nice on the machine............

#221 7 years ago

What's the secret to tightening loose screws that go directly into the plastic ramps?? The (sheet metal?) screw-types used to hold the metal protectors onto the sides of the ramps are not tightening- would one of those "toothed" washers do the job???
Would like to hear suggestions - in process of shopping/cleaning my pf.
Also, anyone use Titan rubbers? Looks like some blues and reds would look nice on the machine............

Use nuts underneath?

I like the Titan rubbers a lot and can highly recommend them.

#222 7 years ago

I'm probably the only person in the UK to own both Bond games. Its a long time since I set James Bond up but Goldeneye often comes out for public events and is currently on loan to a massive Bond fan who has a secret mission to get the Goldeneye glass signed by all the actors.

ge1 (resized).jpgge1 (resized).jpg

ge2 (resized).jpgge2 (resized).jpg

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Use nuts underneath?

Was thinking about that, I would then have to swap out the sheet metal screws for a smallish hex-head screw..........

Thanks for the suggestion.

#224 7 years ago

Was thinking about that, I would then have to swap out the sheet metal screws for a smallish hex-head screw..........
Thanks for the suggestion.

It's better than going with larger screws.

2 weeks later
#225 7 years ago

New amber post lights look awesome in person. My cell doesn't show how golden it if. Also brightens up the center of the playfield.

20161120_140656 (resized).jpg20161120_140656 (resized).jpg

20161120_140415 (resized).jpg20161120_140415 (resized).jpg

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Found a nice replacement helicopter:

Hey astropin, where did you get that helicopter? I assume it is non-standard, but it looks really good.

Mine is an original, but has one blade broken off...which I'm sure would be a good candidate for someone doing 3D printed replacements

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from lemonski:

Hey astropin, where did you get that helicopter? I assume it is non-standard, but it looks really good.
Mine is an original, but has one blade broken off...which I'm sure would be a good candidate for someone doing 3D printed replacements

This is it: http://www.historicaviation.com/mobile/Eurocopter-Tiger-UHT-1_100-Die-Cast-Model/productinfo/0095286/

#229 7 years ago

Is that the one in the movie?

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Is that the one in the movie?

Yes, according to the 007 Wiki, it's a Eurocopter Tiger

http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/Eurocopter_Tiger

The model certainly looks a lot better than the brick-like representation Sega came up with

#231 7 years ago

Hi all,
has anyone installed a Dr. Pinball dmd extender into the Goldeneye?
I love the idea of a colour display.
I am 95% finished and will post a video ,IF successful.
Mind you its probably a big IF, as I am no electronics wizard.

Love to hear from anyone who has done this before.
Cheers
Rich

#232 7 years ago

Ok, Pintucky said that he didn't have a problem with regular LED's anyone else use the more expensive non-ghosting/flickering/etc at a dollar a pop from Comet?? What I have in there now is a four LED - and they are too bright, and flicker ghost way too much.

Also, Pintucky mentioned the magnets "tiring out" where they are no longer strong enough to do the job. Anyone have this problem with the satellite dish? Mine stopped grabbing the ball, although it still turns and activates when it should - I'm going to replace the fuse as well to see if that's the problem.

-Nate

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Hi all,
has anyone installed a Dr. Pinball dmd extender into the Goldeneye?
I love the idea of a colour display.
I am 95% finished and will post a video ,IF successful.
Mind you its probably a big IF, as I am no electronics wizard.
Love to hear from anyone who has done this before.
Cheers
Rich

The only color I really want is gold and the current DMD is perfect for what I need. Gold everywhere!

#234 7 years ago

Ok guys so having a problem with my gottlieb James Bond 007.

My drop targets wont reset.

Pop bumpers still work fine, flippers work fine, all switches score correctly. So I'm assuming this is a connector issue, but I can't figure out which connector I need to redo to likely fix my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. -Tommy

#235 7 years ago

Ok, Pintucky said that he didn't have a problem with regular LED's anyone else use the more expensive non-ghosting/flickering/etc at a dollar a pop from Comet?? What I have in there now is a four LED - and they are too bright, and flicker ghost way too much.
Also, Pintucky mentioned the magnets "tiring out" where they are no longer strong enough to do the job. Anyone have this problem with the satellite dish? Mine stopped grabbing the ball, although it still turns and activates when it should - I'm going to replace the fuse as well to see if that's the problem.
-Nate

I don't use the 4 light LEDs on anything, just too much light. The single (color matched) comets under all inserts and regular incandescents on the GI look fine to me. Also, I never use LEDs for any of the flashers. as they are too startling and I don't want to buy an LEDOCD board.

As far as the magnets go, never had a problem but there is a ton of information in earlier posts about testing/tweaking/buying them.

#236 7 years ago

Thanks Rondogg, I'll peruse through the earlier posts..............

#237 7 years ago

Ok, what am I missing?...........

The left-black rail running all the way up the edge of the pf - I've unscrewed everything visible, and there is STILL something holding the rail to the pf up near the left-hand top corner - could someone tell me what I'm missing???

There has got to be a couple of "hidden" screws still in place along there somewhere.......

#238 7 years ago

Hi all,
well the colour screen works.
I need to adjust the colours and work out how to post a clip here.

015 (resized).jpg015 (resized).jpg

014 (resized).jpg014 (resized).jpg

013 (resized).jpg013 (resized).jpg

#239 7 years ago

Ah the DMD Extender. Care to elaborate on how you have done it? Would be awesome to try to get this on my X-files..

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Ah the DMD Extender. Care to elaborate on how you have done it? Would be awesome to try to get this on my X-files..

Check out Dr.Pinball in the UK
You can also You tube an installation video.
I just had to get the correct lead from extender to a Sega Goldeneye
and I got lucky, with someone who had done something similar to a T2

#241 7 years ago

Would love to see a new bond pin that spans the history of the franchise. Don't think it's feasible given all of the licensing involved, and doing any subset of it would feel incomplete. I'm guessing the only way this could happen would be if it focused on a future movie.

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Would love to see a new bond pin that spans the history of the franchise. Don't think it's feasible given all of the licensing involved, and doing any subset of it would feel incomplete. I'm guessing the only way this could happen would be if it focused on a future movie.

I might be wrong but guessing by some of the merchandise that's available maybe certain aspects of Bond licensing allows the inclusion of the franchise as a whole? (Obviously never say never again wouldn't be counted)

Even though the rights have changed over the years, they keep releasing updated franchise box sets with each new film that's released, monopoly based on the whole franchise, posters, collectible magazine series, the history of Bond vehicles etc. Fingers crossed my guess is right because I would buy a bond franchise pin day 1!

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I've heard rumors of JJP being in the process of this.

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've heard rumors of JJP being in the process of this.

same here, the rumour I've heard is JJP wants the franchise as a whole which would be perfect, especially if they timed it with the next new film release and had assests to work with from the film ahead of the movies release so they could coincide the releases.

#245 7 years ago

Made some replacement "007" stickers for the bats. Only thing I would do differently next time is to cut the sticker so that the entire thing covers the top of the bat to make it look more "uniform" and harder to tell that it is a small rectangular sticker on there.

GEFlippers (resized).jpgGEFlippers (resized).jpg

#246 7 years ago

Those look dynamite. You could also print onto clear stickers or water decals...

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Those look dynamite. You could also print onto clear stickers or water decals...

They look awesome but that was the first thing I thought when seeing them could they be printed on to a clear material? Great work Nate!

#248 7 years ago

Anyone in the SF- Bay Area wanna bite the bullet and sell me your 007?

#249 7 years ago

Jon M,

Yep, they could be printed onto a clear sticker - that would have been better.......live and learn. I spray cleared the top of the flippers/stickers so these won't be going anywhere - when they are actually in the game it won't be that noticeable. I'm shopping out the game now so will be slipping in some pics of little "embellishments" along the way. Also need to tackle a non-working satellite magnet - hoping it is just the fuse.

#250 7 years ago

Reproduced some worn/bleached-out areas. My return lane plastics were worn off where the rockets trail was. I scanned the plastic and reproduced the graphic onto a clear sheet of laminate. I stuck the laminate piece on the underside with spray adhesive and painted over the backside with white paint to reduce the amount of light shining through that area - turned out good. I also touched up areas with black paint that had worn away along the edges to keep light from shining out from those small areas.

Made a sticker for the center of the apron, to replace the blue SEGA, left it in place underneath and just taped the new one on top.

Reproduced the corner stickers, which were badly faded, also the horizontal lines were not "sharp." Here's a before and after.

Painted the center of the gun handle brown and then sprayed clear over top to keep it from wearing off with use.

gunshooter (resized).jpggunshooter (resized).jpg

BondApron2 (resized).jpgBondApron2 (resized).jpg

BondApron1 (resized).jpgBondApron1 (resized).jpg

Plastic1 (resized).jpgPlastic1 (resized).jpg

Plastic2 (resized).jpgPlastic2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
Cabinet parts
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.