20231105_112237.jpg
20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
There are 1,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Can anyone with a manual tell me the part # for the satellite magnet?
I need to order a new one but can't find the part #

090-5042-01

#152 9 years ago

You rock Starscream
Thank you!

3 months later
#153 9 years ago

im gonna have to redo /re attach the playfield anchors.. maybe i can reuse the t-nuts, but anyone
know the exact screws that go into it. thanks. but i still need to get a couple of new pf hangers.

edit: got em, and fixed.

ive only found 2 bulb less holes on the playfield which will be filled. (frosted 2835s)

not sure if LED lighting under cab works for me.... just personal i guess.

will add a corgi aston martin, maybe on the ramp, or sitting on the back right plastic..

led flipper buttons will go on. (red)

pinballpro speakers are in. with upgraded sub.

might consider mirror blades, as they do look real nice.

3 months later
#154 8 years ago

cool thread guys. I have both the goldeneye and the gottlieb james bond in my collection. want to do an awesome LED conversion on both so has anyone got any recomendations on colours etc which has worked well for them?

also does anyone know where i can buy a new helicopter for goldeneye as mine is pretty trashed?

#155 8 years ago

In the end it comes down to personal preference, i prefer white GI mostly to bting forth and enhance the art. On my goldeneye i have a mix of natural white and sunlihht leds from comet. A natural white beneath the upper left corner plastic really shows the art.
Also under the right ramp i have natural white in the "snow" and sunlight in the exolosion. Small nuances like that. I know many have christmas tree leds in red, green and blue but i dont like that.

I have also added a green led strip inside the tank, gives a very small but neat effect. Have been thinking about painting the tank and chopper into more realistic texture.

2 months later
#156 8 years ago

Just got done shopping my Goldeye out today. It's a great game. Anyone have an extra right sling plastic mine is cracked on the bottom.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

2 months later
#157 8 years ago

Just throwing this in here - I never noticed that the missions will change as the ball hits the pop bumpers!! If you don't like a particular mission, or want to save an easier one for when you only have one ball left, shoot the ball up to the pops and change the selection before hitting the mission trough............Maybe this is a "no DUH!" but I just noticed while watching my wife play last night (a very RARE thing indeed for her to play)!

-Nate

1 week later
#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Johno75:

also does anyone know where i can buy a new helicopter for goldeneye as mine is pretty trashed?

Bump on this as I am in the same boat. I just picked up a Goldeneye and the helicopter on mine is missing!

#159 8 years ago

Just putting this one out there someone should contact ColorDMD about coloring Goldeneye! I don't have the skill, but I bet one of you owners out there does and I would love to see that dmd in full color

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just putting this one out there someone should contact ColorDMD about coloring Goldeneye! I don't have the skill, but I bet one of you owners out there does and I would love to see that dmd in full color

Couldn't agree more, I'm very computer literate so could probably do it no problem but really need to read up on how it's done but I'd love to see Goldneye in colour it's the last modificstion/modernisation/upgrade I'd do to my Goldeneye.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Couldn't agree more, I'm very computer literate so could probably do it no problem but really need to read up on how it's done but I'd love to see Goldneye in colour it's the last modificstion/modernisation/upgrade I'd do to my Goldeneye.

Jon contact Colordmd. They will likely provide you with the details on the process.

#162 8 years ago

Yeah ColorDMD for goldeneye would be great. I see a bigger chance of this happening rather than Xfiles

#163 8 years ago

I'd like to get a Gottlieb James bond if anyone has one for sale.

#164 8 years ago

Goddammit, I got my highest score yet on Goldeneye 007, had 1.5 billion after ball 1 and ended on 1.8-ish.
Also got everything lit except Qs pen and died trying to complete it, sooooo close to wizard mode. Crap. But it was a blast!

I have the game in tournament mode, so no xtra balls etc, f***ng hard but I love this game!

gescore_(resized).jpggescore_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Bump on this as I am in the same boat. I just picked up a Goldeneye and the helicopter on mine is missing!

I'm amazed by no-one has repro'ed the Goldeneye helicopter, along with the satellite it seems like the most commonly broken part. Even if someone could repro the blades, almost inevitably the helicopter is missing one or two of them.

1 month later
#166 8 years ago

Speaking of copters, I'm finally tearing down GoldenEye, and will be re-painting the copter and the tank. I have found some GE photos to go by. Copter is easy, mostly black, tank I might add the three "barrels" attached to the back to make it look just a "little" like the one in the movie.

Here's pics for reference:

goldeneyetank3.3794_(resized).jpggoldeneyetank3.3794_(resized).jpg

140319-bond-in-motion-helicopters_(resized).jpg140319-bond-in-motion-helicopters_(resized).jpg

#167 8 years ago

Here's the painted helicopter......

copter_(resized).jpgcopter_(resized).jpg

#168 8 years ago

Lookin good Nate, there really isn't a lot to work with the helicopter is about as basic as it gets for a mold, I've replaced the tank with an official goldeneye licence replica think it was 1:64 scale cannot quite remember, but it looks superb really detailed. Unfortunately they didn't do a helicopter model that was much smaller than 1:18.

I'm in the process of restoring my Goldeneye to new with NOS satelitte, boards, playfield, plastics, decals, every mech and target also new. I've also got licenced db5 and Ferrari to go on ramps.

Only thing I need to tackle is the helicopter and I might go for a custom mold/sculpt which won't be cheap but my NOS playfield and new cabinet with decals haven't been cheap so what the hell.... Would there be much interest from other goldeneye owners for a detailed toy or would people just be looking for a repro of the basic factory model??

#169 8 years ago

I agree, this is exactly the type of vehicle that you'd find inside a bag of army men at your local "five and dime" shop, very poor.

I am also going to turn the tank around so it faces the player instead of facing away, which I thought was strange.

I was looking for a few cars to fit onto the playfield but couldn't locate anything for a cheap price. I'm sure a few people would be interested in a better copter.

1 week later
#170 8 years ago

Just made a Tiger eurocopters sticker for the sides of the helicopter with the correct logo. If anyone would be interested in the file for this, send me a pm and your email.

TigerCopter_(resized).jpgTigerCopter_(resized).jpg

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from lemonski:

I'm amazed by no-one has repro'ed the Goldeneye helicopter, along with the satellite it seems like the most commonly broken part. Even if someone could repro the blades, almost inevitably the helicopter is missing one or two of them.

If you have any black zip ties check them for size as compared to the helicopter blade. I used one, put some white paint on the tip and you can't tell the difference.

#172 8 years ago

Made-up a brand-new Target Lites Lock When Flashing Photoshop file if anyone needs a replacement. I made the background red instead of the dark berry-red color, but you can always change the color in PhotoShop.

-Nate

#173 8 years ago

Hi everyone- I have a technical question for any of you Goldeneye owners.

Can anyone help me confirm whether or not there is a 12v molex connector near the service outlet? Trying to hook up an undercab kit.

Thank you helpers kind and good.

#174 8 years ago

Here is a never before posted Goldeneye original game design CAD from SEGA. Thanks Orin for sharing it with us.

12946795_10101391137541024_2129578348_o_(resized).jpg12946795_10101391137541024_2129578348_o_(resized).jpg

#175 8 years ago

I saw it earlier on facebook today, very interesting to see. I am really curious as to what is in the upper left corner. seems like a part of ramp or something?

#176 8 years ago

I read this in the manual. The other day I noticed after completing the toplanes two times, i got 4X on the screen.
The manual states that players can earn 2x bonus, has anyone also got 4x?

Also, Q3: it says rules and point values are subject to change without notice.
Is this just gimmick or does someone have examples of this happening? Maybe that was for example the 4x i got suddenly

goldeneyerules_(resized).pnggoldeneyerules_(resized).png

#177 8 years ago

Edenecho, yeah, I wondered that same thing about the rules changing without notice........have not seen anything like that happen yet.....there are also "undocumented difficult combos?"......of course, haven't seen ANYTHING happen much since my satellite magnet dropped dead!!

-Nate

2 weeks later
#178 7 years ago

Ah well, so i was there again yesterday. Just one more to go..finish Q's pen.

I concentrated...I focused. Just stay calm and hit the white target to start Qs pen, and then only 3 times on the blue. Take it slow, one at a time..

First shot hits the slingshot and goes straight into the outlane....

IMG_20160427_221200_(resized).jpgIMG_20160427_221200_(resized).jpg

#179 7 years ago

Ah, one of the riskiest shots indeed. I'm almost thinking it might be better to hit the Q targets by hitting the left slingshot with the right flipper and letting it get popped over to the target by chance!!!

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Ah, one of the riskiest shots indeed. I'm almost thinking it might be better to hit the Q targets by hitting the left slingshot with the right flipper and letting it get popped over to the target by chance!!!

yeah ive gotten some hits with that method, but equally many attempts result in right outlane

#181 7 years ago

I go for Q's pen mode first to get it out of the way. With he other modes being significantly easier I rathe have multiple tries at Q and hope for the best at starting the other modes.

#182 7 years ago

How do you go for qs pen, what shots and from what flipper do you attempt to complete it?

#184 7 years ago

Goldeneye I use left flipper super late shot.

#185 7 years ago

I wonder if modifying the targets to include a slightly "bent" configuration on the right side would help the ball find it's way back into the center of the pf??? It would be easy to make a 3D printed version of these......hmmm................

#186 7 years ago

Photos of my re-painted tank, took a bit of liberty with the color, the numbers are exactly the same as in the movie. Added a (is that a fuel tank?) behind the turret, simply a painted fuse supported by two cardboard matchsticks and painted, with decal applied.

The two tanks/barrels behind the tank I added as well, those are pieces of pencil painted and held onto the bottom with wire that I hot-glued.

tank1_(resized).jpgtank1_(resized).jpg

tank2_(resized).jpgtank2_(resized).jpg

#187 7 years ago

Nice job on the BG resto one, I picked up a NOS one a few years ago on ebay. also have NOS plastics (all for the gtb one) only prob I have with mine is the displays get bright and dim after the machine has been on for a while. I'll post pic's of mine when I have a chance.

3 months later
#188 7 years ago

Wow so glad i found this thread. Seriously I was going to start a Goldeneye club. Goldeneye should really be in the heading somewhere. Anyway, love this game and love the ideas for mods.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Anyway, love this game and love the ideas for mods.

Sold my Goldeneye a while ago, but the one mod i did was just putting a green LED strip under the tank, illumination the ramp-area beneath it. Did not really manage to find much ideas for mods, i dont like just scattering the playfield with toys.

#190 7 years ago

Would liked to see a pic of the tank mod. Tbh it just sits there and its so dark i never notice its there.

Question about magnet wear. My machine has almost none andit looks like it was disabled in settings. I reset it. What can i do to protect it? If i put mylar there will the magnet still grip?

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Would liked to see a pic of the tank mod. Tbh it just sits there and its so dark i never notice its there.
Question about magnet wear. My machine has almost none andit looks like it was disabled in settings. What can i do to protect it? If i put mylar there will the magnet still grip?

Hmm i have som photos here:

http://www.pinballowners.com/edenecho

A mylar works great! Wont reduce magnet strength ☺

#192 7 years ago

I'm just hoping rumors of a new Bond game being developed are true so this club can grow!

#193 7 years ago

I played my Goldeneye tonight and hit the right flipper when pressing the game start. "Wizard Something" showed up on the DMD but I didn't notice any changes to game play. Anyone know what that's about?

#194 7 years ago

I know there is a novice setting and a regular setting that can be selected at game starts but I'm not sure what the names are as I have that setting turned off.

#195 7 years ago

This is definitely different.

#196 7 years ago

I am still in search of a replacement backglass for my Gottlieb sys 80 James Bond007.
The one I have is trashed...but I am not willing to shell out $300 or more for a new one.
$100 for one with imperfections--that I can do.
Any help finding one appreciated-

I would consider selling the game at this point too. Kind of trimming down the herd anyway.
Good JB007 copy--has 2 new after market boards(including Ni Wumph CPU), new parts and labor added--no wear playfield..very bad backglass..1 switch error.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I played my Goldeneye tonight and hit the right flipper when pressing the game start. "Wizard Something" showed up on the DMD but I didn't notice any changes to game play. Anyone know what that's about?

Ok. Figured out that if you hit the left flipper while pushing start you go into tournament mode. If you hit the right flipper you go into extra hard (wizard game) tournament mode.

#198 7 years ago

bumpercap mod

a_(resized).jpga_(resized).jpg

aaaa_(resized).jpgaaaa_(resized).jpg

aa_(resized).jpgaa_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#200 7 years ago

Show us your crotch! 20 year old game and the ball save feature was disabled. I enabled it and added mylar. Here it is with no mylar.

Goldeneye1_(resized).jpgGoldeneye1_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Boards
PinSound

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.