20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
20230924_161000.jpg
There are 1,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 22.
#101 10 years ago

Here is a quick pic of mine before the shop job I did after I replaced the clear target for the red one

image-308.jpgimage-308.jpg
#102 10 years ago

Okay thanks for the heads up, target still works fine angled and it kind of matched the angles of the playfield to me so it made a bit of sense, but wanted to check.

#103 10 years ago

With it angled there is little chance of it flying straight back down between the flippers making the game easier. Since the magnet save is only activated on the lock shots I think the point is that you want to avoid hitting that other than locking.

Is there a trick to Q's pen? It sucks.

#104 10 years ago

Yes there is a trick.....1st is called luck.....second nope thats its just lucky. I can't believe there isn't a way to set the timer for longer on the pen mode, or for it to save how many hits you have from each time you start the mode....maybe Chad can work on an update after he finished JP.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Chad can work on an update after he finished JP.

That would be incredible,
Like the mission mode that it awards it even if you don't finish it

Ive found a few lucky hits off the slingshots helps with Qs pen rather than aiming for it as its so close to the right drain

#106 10 years ago

So finally fixed my broken drop target on James Bond 007 tonight that was also causing switch errors....five games in after fixing another drop target snaps....son of a bitch! I guess 35 year old plastic is bound to break eventually but super annoyed at the moment.

#107 10 years ago

Yup, that plastic becomes brittle, you should just go ahead and purchase "backups" while waiting for the next one to snap.......

#108 10 years ago

Yeah just going to order a new set this time, and almost always order a large quantity when I order parts just to start building up an inventory of stuff and this is the one time i didn't damn pinball addiction.

#109 10 years ago

The movieimage-843.jpgimage-843.jpg

The pin

image-189.jpgimage-189.jpg

#110 10 years ago

Helli Doozi, that is looking great! Was planning to do it myself also great models and good in size. Welk done.
Greetings,

BasD

#111 10 years ago

I like that,
and I know I have both of those little cars in my Bond collection lol,

#112 10 years ago

Good job Doozie!

#113 10 years ago

Rebuilt my flippers this morning and just put up 3.4 billion for a new grand champion score!

#114 10 years ago

Ah, rebuilt flippers give the same peaceful feeling as a set of new wiper blades on the automobile!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Ah, rebuilt flippers give the same peaceful feeling as a set of new wiper blades on the automobile!

+1

#116 10 years ago

Finally got my order in for the lamp holders for the rest of the missing GI

Not a huge difference but it makes the ramp section a little brighter

image-467.jpgimage-467.jpg image-844.jpgimage-844.jpg image-48.jpgimage-48.jpg image-109.jpgimage-109.jpg image-220.jpgimage-220.jpg image-627.jpgimage-627.jpg image-200.jpgimage-200.jpg image-414.jpgimage-414.jpg
#117 10 years ago

first sample posted to US pinsider (much appreciated helper), test fitted and we are at 95% complete in design with just some minor tweaking to do

on the other side, not having luck with small run vacuum forming so Shapeways might be the only option at this stage as I am currently doing it for the Pinsiders for the love of it - no money to be earned on this one. 3D printing just takes too long (over 3hrs per unit) and just isn't smooth enough for my liking. Shapeways will have about 6 colour options and will be available in original look and modded panel look.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1853346/sega-goldeneye-pinball-sat-dish-modded.html?li=aeTabs

sat6.jpgsat6.jpgsat4.jpgsat4.jpg

#118 10 years ago

Wow, Swinks, that looks awesome! Do we have a price on it? I held a party on Sunday and a bunch of the local guys by me got to play Goldeneye for the first time and it was very popular.

#119 10 years ago

whoo, that is looking very nice. can it take a beating?
great project.

greetings,

basd

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Wow, Swinks, that looks awesome! Do we have a price on it? I held a party on Sunday and a bunch of the local guys by me got to play Goldeneye for the first time and it was very popular.

I will do the tweaks first and then I can finalise a price with the link to where to find it.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from BasD:

whoo, that is looking very nice. can it take a beating?
great project.
greetings,
basd

not sure on the beating but this one is 3D printed and I drove my car up on it just out of curiousity and it never cracked so it is strong at about 40% fill, Shapeways ones will be 100% solid but a nylon type of material so not sure.

204800-i.jpg204800-i.jpg

#122 10 years ago

This dish is actually thicker, and will take MORE of a beating than the original! Excellent job Swinks!!!

#123 10 years ago

Wow that new dish looks superb!

Do we have a time frame on completion and possibly a price?

and errrr, if you need another test candidate on a HUO goldeneye I could errrr, "help"

#124 10 years ago

killer job ... looks great !

#125 10 years ago

Have some LED's coming from Art at comet pinball coming tomorrow

Looking forward to seeing my game LED'ed up

#126 10 years ago

Just completed Q's pen last night! It was actually NOT a series of lucky hits...........After you initiate the mode, get to ball to the left flipper (either post-passing or shooting the left ramp) then shoot the ball after it has traveled down to the very tip of the left flipper - this will effectively launch it right towards the targets.

#127 10 years ago

Just completed Q's pen last night! It was actually NOT a series of lucky hits...........After you initiate the mode, get to ball to the left flipper (either post-passing or shooting the left ramp) then shoot the ball after it has traveled down to the very tip of the left flipper - this will effectively launch it right towards the targets.

Or the post on the opposite sling, and SDTM..

Or into the right hand sling and off to the races again usually with a drain shortly thereafter

Q's pen is a bitch... period...

Congrats on finishing it

#129 10 years ago

Gerry, yes, those are distinct possibilities (the damn slingshot action killing you) but if the pin gods smile on you, you somehow avoid all that!).
Now, let's see if I can do it again anytime soon.......

#130 10 years ago

Q's Pen completed again tonight that's about 5 times in 6 months.

1 week later
#131 9 years ago

The shapeways option can be found here for anyone interested. I am aware that it isn't the cheapest option but I am only making a couple of dollars if one sold. It is more expensive due to the Shapeways volumetric pricing.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=goldeneye+dish

7.jpg7.jpg

#132 9 years ago

Guys, this turned out incredibly nice! It looks sooooo much better than the original, I think if you can hunt down some black screws that would also add to the complete look!

I do want to mention that everyone's magnet core is going to be different, mine is *really* mushroomed out, so I had to take a sharp knife and gently carve out the center of the dish (were only talking by a few millimeters.....) before it would seat itself over the magnet. Some people might not have to do as much "carving" but some of that *will* be involved.......I just don't want Swinks getting any attitudes from anyone who purchases it thinking it'll pop on in a couple of seconds - it's not a design flaw......

Also, that magnet core will also slide back and forth if you release some of the tension behind it via that huge nut that tightens the magnet to the mounting bracket. Pushing the magnet core outwards, away from the plastic disk sitting behind it will help the new satellite dish "bite" around the perimeter of the magnet like it should - my magnet core needed this as it was practically flush to the surface and didn't offer much surface for the disk to fit over.

Bottom line, you'll have to tinker just a bit to get it on, but it doesn't take long, and MAN does it look SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Swinks great job!!!

#133 9 years ago

Who's bringing or selling one at Pin A Go Go??

1 month later
#134 9 years ago

Anybody light up the backboard plastic with the sunrise on their GoldenEye using one of these?

http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

I'm going to try it out.......

1 week later
#135 9 years ago

Ok, it's official - I suck at GoldenEye! Anyone have any pointers?? It seems that the right flipper is the way to go for a lot of shots (start mode, lock ramp, satellite dish shot) soooo, I've been working on my dead flipper passes when ball comes careening down the left side.
This table demands a lot of precision, if you're hitting the dish bank targets, or shootout/pen targets, the ball invariably gets slung around to an outlane via the slingshots.
I know you can backhand the lock ramp, but either way I generally miss that shot!!

ARrrrrgh!! Anyone figured out how to disable that damningly annoying "DataEast give the player Everything on the last ball" setting?!?!?!

-Nate

#136 9 years ago

Nate, I actually use the left flipper much more. I think you can hit everything but the shoot out targets with it. Also post passes seem more risky than ramp shots on my game at least.

#137 9 years ago

New James Bond backglass thanks to BGresto.

image-78.jpgimage-78.jpg
#138 9 years ago

Tsskinne, well, I will just keep-a-tryin'!!! Interesting that you find you're using the left flipper more - I'll give it a shot - I didn't think the mode shots were "doable" from left-side??

Congrats on the beautiful backglass!

Anyone else have trouble with the ball hopping off the left ramp?! Drives me crazy - am trying to come up with a mod to keep the ball from jumping - may have to signal Swinks again!!

1 week later
#139 9 years ago

Anyone else have trouble with the ball hopping off the left ramp?! Drives me crazy - am trying to come up with a mod to keep the ball from jumping - may have to signal Swinks again!!

I am all ears, just let me know what you are thinking / need….. see what a can do

#140 9 years ago

Tsskinne, well, I will just keep-a-tryin'!!! Interesting that you find you're using the left flipper more - I'll give it a shot - I didn't think the mode shots were "doable" from left-side??
Congrats on the beautiful backglass!

Hi I added a washer or two and it really helped the problem

#141 9 years ago

Hey Pdxmonkey - where did you fit the washers? Can you post a pic? Thanks!!!

3 weeks later
#142 9 years ago

Finally got the new BG installed today.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#143 9 years ago

Excellent - old one going up on the wall??

#144 9 years ago

Wall or make a end table with it or something

#145 9 years ago

I vote for wall, framed with a digital clock face installed in one of the high score windows!!

5 months later
#147 9 years ago

Hi all. I have a problem with my goldeneye but didn't know where to post it. Hope someone can help here. My satellite multiball is automatically starting as soon as the pop up ramp goes up. Anyone have an idea how the satellite multiball shot is validated or any clues why this is happening?

#148 9 years ago

I'd guess something is "closed" once the magnet contacts the ball?? Hmmmm, good question.

#149 9 years ago

Turns out it was a fuse under the playfield. Looked like it was fine but I replaced it anyway and it is now working again .

#150 9 years ago

Can anyone with a manual tell me the part # for the satellite magnet?
I need to order a new one but can't find the part #

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Boards
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.