20231105_112237.jpg
20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
There are 1,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Sent you some images of the crotch, let me know if those work or of you need other photos.

Life happens sometimes and stuff come in between, but I've started with this project now! Images are cleaned up and I'm trying to figure out the best shape for this decal. Any input on this is appreciated! I will soon try print this on adhesive vinyl and color match against the playfield.

#902 1 year ago

So, I’ve made a decal for the crotch magnet wear. It will ship in August, but you can pre-order now.

The first ones to pre-order will get 10% off. Use code ”friendofpinside” at checkout.

Order here: https://granfeldtstudios.com/products/goldeneye-magnet-decal

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from DrGonzo:

So, I’ve made a decal for the crotch magnet wear. It will ship in August, but you can pre-order now.
The first ones to pre-order will get 10% off. Use code ”friendofpinside” at checkout.
Order here: https://granfeldtstudios.com/products/goldeneye-magnet-decal

Just ordered!! Thank you for doing this!

#904 1 year ago

My father and I went together and bought our first pin in late May - Goldeneye! There is something really special about this one. I practically live at the local arcades, and I can get bored with a pin more easily than I would expect, but Goldeneye is the gift that keeps on giving. Never a dull moment, some of the best callouts in all of pinball, and the Sattelite shot will never get old. Love it to death.

Fixing it (since we play the hell out of it, we run i to issues probably more often than most) is fun too! Anyone seen issues with coil 17 not firing to load a ball into the trough VUK even though it works fine when running the coil test? Seems to do this after playing hours on end and then in the morning after turning it off all night, it works fine. Almost seems like a code issue somehow? Thanks for any input.

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from JmcteerPin:

My father and I went together and bought our first pin in late May - Goldeneye! There is something really special about this one. I practically live at the local arcades, and I can get bored with a pin more easily than I would expect, but Goldeneye is the gift that keeps on giving. Never a dull moment, some of the best callouts in all of pinball, and the Sattelite shot will never get old. Love it to death.
Fixing it (since we play the hell out of it, we run i to issues probably more often than most) is fun too! Anyone seen issues with coil 17 not firing to load a ball into the trough VUK even though it works fine when running the coil test? Seems to do this after playing hours on end and then in the morning after turning it off all night, it works fine. Almost seems like a code issue somehow? Thanks for any input.

Probably totally unrelated, but I had an issue with my trough during the two ball tank-train multiball. If you drained quickly at the start it would kick out two balls giving you a three balls in play. When I disconnected the opto it would work fine. I believe I was on code 4.03. I upgraded it to 4.04 and never had the issue again after reconnecting the opto. It's not called out in the patch notes so it's anyone's guess. But always a good idea to be on latest code.

However, if the coil stops working after long play, it might be more likely that it's overheating and the plunger can no longer freely travel. You'd want to manually check to see if it's binding after the long play on the hot coil. It could be as simple as needing a new sleeve.

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithium:

Probably totally unrelated, but I had an issue with my trough during the two ball tank-train multiball. If you drained quickly at the start it would kick out two balls giving you a three balls in play. When I disconnected the opto it would work fine. I believe I was on code 4.03. I upgraded it to 4.04 and never had the issue again after reconnecting the opto. It's not called out in the patch notes so it's anyone's guess. But always a good idea to be on latest code.
However, if the coil stops working after long play, it might be more likely that it's overheating and the plunger can no longer freely travel. You'd want to manually check to see if it's binding after the long play on the hot coil. It could be as simple as needing a new sleeve.

Thank you! I need to hop back over to the game room at Dad's house to see which code version we're on, and look into the overheat in coil 17 and possibly a new sleeve. I'll let you know know how it goes.

#907 1 year ago

Picked up a Goldeneye so excited.. replaced the mag board from jim.only issue the satilite will let the ball go and no sat. Multiball will begin. Any ideas? Thanks early!

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

Picked up a Goldeneye so excited.. replaced the mag board from jim.only issue the satilite will let the ball go and no sat. Multiball will begin. Any ideas? Thanks early!

What do you mean by no sat - do you mean it doesn’t pan side to side

#909 1 year ago

No it goes side 2 side .the satilite multiball wont start.. the green inserts stay lit and the ramp goes up the ball stays on for a half a second then falls.. it keeps doing the same thing.over. only one ball

#910 1 year ago

Thanks dor the reply..

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

No it goes side 2 side .the satilite multiball wont start.. the green inserts stay lit and the ramp goes up the ball stays on for a half a second then falls.. it keeps doing the same thing.over. only one ball

The switch isn’t registering in that case

#912 1 year ago

Number 23?

#913 1 year ago

All clear in the tech on the game

1 week later
#914 1 year ago
Quoted from JmcteerPin:

Thank you! I need to hop back over to the game room at Dad's house to see which code version we're on, and look into the overheat in coil 17 and possibly a new sleeve. I'll let you know know how it goes.

Lithium code is up to date and at this point it's actually looking like the opto (switch 15) is worn out and needs replacing. I'm still going to swap out the coil sleeve though. Just ordered some. I'll let you know how it all goes.

1 week later
#915 1 year ago

I’ve had this game for almost 3 years with no magnet board issues. We moved the game to a friends house and now after like 2 games the magnets stopped working.

I found some cold solder joints and just noticed two resistors are completely missing

Posting more in frustration now that I have to order some components .

Time for a brand new board? Lol

DE9F4962-EF69-4084-8DF2-8E7334D59D18 (resized).jpegDE9F4962-EF69-4084-8DF2-8E7334D59D18 (resized).jpeg
#916 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

I’ve had this game for almost 3 years with no magnet board issues. We moved the game to a friends house and now after like 2 games the magnets stopped working.
I found some cold solder joints and just noticed two resistors are completely missing
Posting more in frustration now that I have to order some components .
Time for a brand new board? Lol
[quoted image]

Applejuice's reproduction/bulletproofed magnet board is a solid choice.

2 weeks later
#917 1 year ago

Finally snagged the machine I learned to play on as a kid. Dad sold it when I went off to college and I’ve been wanting one ever since. Been dialing it in and modding it into how it should have come from the factory, in my opinion at least. Got some ideas from what others have done on here previously and came up with a few of my own. All of the toy mounts are pretty crude right now since I’m still figuring out exact placement of the various toys. I made them from some left over zinc sheet metal I had laying around after we built our “mancave” bar and it works quite well actually. Soft & malleable, yet stiff enough to hold things into position while prototyping. The center lock target toys are ok for the time being, but I’m not 100% satisfied with how it is right now. Still need to figure out a final placement and mount, but it works for now. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions about what I used id be more than happy to share.
2BF404C2-F05C-4965-9DC4-488574DE44E7 (resized).jpeg2BF404C2-F05C-4965-9DC4-488574DE44E7 (resized).jpeg7CB8A9C8-DCD2-4381-9AB1-9316C3408F11 (resized).jpeg7CB8A9C8-DCD2-4381-9AB1-9316C3408F11 (resized).jpeg781A4E9C-49D9-440D-AA05-5DE450252DE6 (resized).jpeg781A4E9C-49D9-440D-AA05-5DE450252DE6 (resized).jpegB129DB57-3116-4BE9-8EE9-826D3F74FC62 (resized).jpegB129DB57-3116-4BE9-8EE9-826D3F74FC62 (resized).jpeg02F6B842-0289-4A9B-B4F0-643EC528C644 (resized).jpeg02F6B842-0289-4A9B-B4F0-643EC528C644 (resized).jpeg514C2CDD-34BB-4397-9FE6-0C0F7AB0650D (resized).jpeg514C2CDD-34BB-4397-9FE6-0C0F7AB0650D (resized).jpeg1E1D18EB-BBE2-40C5-ADCF-D7616395D2D8 (resized).jpeg1E1D18EB-BBE2-40C5-ADCF-D7616395D2D8 (resized).jpeg515A7270-CA0D-4171-9912-B4CB73883E3B (resized).jpeg515A7270-CA0D-4171-9912-B4CB73883E3B (resized).jpeg

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

Finally snagged the machine I learned to play on as a kid. Dad sold it when I went off to college and I’ve been wanting one ever since. Been dialing it in and modding it into how it should have come from the factory, in my opinion at least. Got some ideas from what others have done on here previously and came up with a few of my own. All of the toy mounts are pretty crude right now since I’m still figuring out exact placement of the various toys. I made them from some left over zinc sheet metal I had laying around after we built our “mancave” bar and it works quite well actually. Soft & malleable, yet stiff enough to hold things into position while prototyping. The center lock target toys are ok for the time being, but I’m not 100% satisfied with how it is right now. Still need to figure out a final placement and mount, but it works for now. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions about what I used id be more than happy to share.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice and noticed you have my modded satellite dish on - looks good

I am still on the hunt for this game, tough one to find down under

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Yeah, you knocked it out of the park with the redesigned dish. It’s a great game that doesn’t get enough credit. I know it gets a bit repetitive, but if you’re a James Bond fan at all it’s great.

#920 1 year ago

Hi All. Just pickd up a really nice original Goldeneye. I have read through this entire thread......some great work going on! First job for me is to see if i can get Swinks' dish from shapeways sent to Scotland.

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from marcoos_1:

Hi All. Just pickd up a really nice original Goldeneye. I have read through this entire thread......some great work going on! First job for me is to see if i can get Swinks' dish from shapeways sent to Scotland.

that should be a problem and think Shapeways in The Netherlands would make it.. 2 options

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks007&sort=newest

#922 1 year ago

Rumor from Kaneda is that James Bond Thunderball is the next Stern Pin....

thunderball (resized).PNGthunderball (resized).PNG
1 week later
#923 1 year ago

We are trying to redo worn inserts to our GE and we are missing a good picture of the satellite text in front of the left ramp (not the triagular). Would anyone be kind enough to take a close-up pic in good light and share it here? Thanks!!

#924 1 year ago

A new game will be joining the club!

#925 1 year ago

Ok where’s the updated Rom?

3 weeks later
#926 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
I'm having issues with ALL the displays on my Gottlieb James Bond. When I power on the machine none of them light up. If I open the headbox up and go through and remove and reseat all the connectors and turn it back on, they will light up again for a few days and then will go out again. I have checked the fuse in the cabinet bottom and it's not that. Any ideas what the issue could be and simple things to check? My knowledge and skills are pretty limited!
Thanks in advance.

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from Johno75:

Hey Guys,
I'm having issues with ALL the displays on my Gottlieb James Bond. When I power on the machine none of them light up. If I open the headbox up and go through and remove and reseat all the connectors and turn it back on, they will light up again for a few days and then will go out again. I have checked the fuse in the cabinet bottom and it's not that. Any ideas what the issue could be and simple things to check? My knowledge and skills are pretty limited!
Thanks in advance.

In Gotlieb's, one faulty display can cause all the others to stop working because of the way they are daisy chained. I would start by swapping display 1 and 4 and waiting to see if the problem occurs again in all the displays.

Pinwiki has a large section dedicated to many of the potential root causes: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Gottlieb_System_80#Display_Problems

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from Lithium:

In Gotlieb's, one faulty display can cause all the others to stop working because of the way they are daisy chained. I would start by swapping display 1 and 4 and waiting to see if the problem occurs again in all the displays.
Pinwiki has a large section dedicated to many of the potential root causes: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Gottlieb_System_80#Display_Problems

Thanks mate. is it easy to swap the displays around? I've never done it or looked into it.

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from Johno75:

Thanks mate. is it easy to swap the displays around? I've never done it or looked into it.

Shouldn't be more than removing connectors and a few screws. I removed a display for a client a few months ago and I don't recall it taking much effort. Make sure you do it with the game OFF!

1 week later
#930 1 year ago

Anyone know on the end of ball 3 it says effect DB if you pull the trigger it says effect DC anyone know what this means?

#931 1 year ago

Mini topper

951229B7-C2D9-4774-ACE1-D9BDEF8B4F1F (resized).jpeg951229B7-C2D9-4774-ACE1-D9BDEF8B4F1F (resized).jpeg
#932 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone know on the end of ball 3 it says effect DB if you pull the trigger it says effect DC anyone know what this means?

I found out it comes on when the buy in option is selected in the adjustments but still i don’t understand what that means. It doesn’t make sense to me and it won’t let me buy in.

#933 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice machine! Can I ask is that a colour DMD or a pin2DMD if it’s a pin2DMD does anyone know where the colour file can be located? Thanks Tony

#934 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Mini topper
[quoted image]

Nice. Where did you find that?

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

Nice. Where did you find that?

I made it.
Working on a topper for the new Stern bond game and that’s one of the components I made for it.

1 week later
#936 1 year ago

Got a question for fellow club owners… my Goldeneye has the setting for attraction music: on but there’s no music when not in play. Something wrong with my machine?

#937 1 year ago
Quoted from alepage:

Nice machine! Can I ask is that a colour DMD or a pin2DMD if it’s a pin2DMD does anyone know where the colour file can be located? Thanks Tony

It’s a ColorDMD. One of the best upgrades you can do in my opinion.

2 weeks later
#938 1 year ago

Hello All, I have a Goldeneye Pin for the last 3 years. I replaced the satellite mag board and various fuses. Everything was working fine, however now the machine will shut down during play and wants to start again. Any ideas, not a fuse problem on the power supply. I replaced them. Is it the toggle switch. Usually these do not fail. Thanks

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from bugquest:

Hello All, I have a Goldeneye Pin for the last 3 years. I replaced the satellite mag board and various fuses. Everything was working fine, however now the machine will shut down during play and wants to start again. Any ideas, not a fuse problem on the power supply. I replaced them. Is it the toggle switch. Usually these do not fail. Thanks

Rebooting games are usually due to low 5V on the cpu board, you can test with the test points available with a multimeter . You can also adjust thr 5v with the potentiometer if necessary in small increments and see if that works.

#940 1 year ago

Boat, Thanks, I will try that.

#941 1 year ago

Aloha,

Joining the club alongside madscientist

z

IMG_20221124_122831.jpgIMG_20221124_122831.jpg
#942 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Mini topper
[quoted image]

Really nice!

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Added a scale Euro-copter in black with blue cockpit leds and red gun leds. Replaced that sad looking toy tank with a real T55. Added a spot light to highlight the new tank.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome, great job.

3 weeks later
#944 1 year ago

I'm searching for speaker grills...anybody have any?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-5644-00

large (resized).JPGlarge (resized).JPG
#945 1 year ago

Battle of the Bonds!

BondPinball.jpgBondPinball.jpg
1 month later
#946 1 year ago

Hey guys,
Has anybody seen this issue before with a Gottlieb James Bond?
The game plays fine and playfield illumination works fine but the displays and globes in the backbox are all out, although the Game Over and High Score To Date lights up in the back box.
Doesn’t appear to be any of the fuses in the bottom of the cabinet.
Has anyone got any ideas on what’s wrong and how to fix it?
Cheers
Johno

414E97F8-27C1-4CD2-A42C-6A36FE8BCE2D (resized).jpeg414E97F8-27C1-4CD2-A42C-6A36FE8BCE2D (resized).jpegDCBACDD1-A2FC-4604-835D-E5FE1C3DA5C0 (resized).jpegDCBACDD1-A2FC-4604-835D-E5FE1C3DA5C0 (resized).jpeg
#947 1 year ago

Check the display voltage coming from the power supply. They suffer from cold solder joints if never has been serviced.

#948 1 year ago

So, I know this is a long shot… but does anyone have the original helicopter for GE to sell me? Or any plastics for that matter. PM if you do.

2 weeks later
#949 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

ive got your dish mounted swinks. very nice. uinfortunately this machine is bolted to the floor.

#950 1 year ago

Anyone interested in picking up some new ramps for your Goldeneye?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-ramps-thread-buy-sell-trade/page/4#post-7417875

Show some love above and let’s get some ramps made for Goldeneye!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.