20231105_112237.jpg
20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
There are 1,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I haven’t checked in a while but it might be when you shoot the tank ramp, so whatever switch is on that ramp might trigger the trap door

In the code the ramp switch triggers the flap which is operated by the “Tank Trap Door” coil. Testing the “Tank Kicker” coil will fire the ball out of the tank area.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I haven’t checked in a while but it might be when you shoot the tank ramp, so whatever switch is on that ramp might trigger the trap door

...sorry, I forgot to update this, but I *think* I figured this out, too. I believe you are correct, as I discovered that the first switch (under the "Tank Multiball" sign/light on the ramp) on my game seems to be broken. Got a replacement on the way, fingers crossed it does the trick!

I'm glad the game can play even without that feature, because hot damn, I didn't expect this game to be as much fun as it is!

#803 2 years ago

Hey All. I have both James Bond 007, and Goldeneye. I just put up James Bond in the marketplace for $1700. Located in Central MN. Contact me if interested! Thanks!

IMG_20211129_161022283 (resized).jpgIMG_20211129_161022283 (resized).jpg
#804 2 years ago

Hey All. I have both James Bond 007, and GoldenEye. Parting with the James.Bond if anyone has a goldeneye and wants the 007. Ad is in marketplace for $1700. Located in central MN. Let me know if interested. Thanks!

IMG_20211129_161022283 (resized).jpgIMG_20211129_161022283 (resized).jpg
#805 2 years ago

I picked up a Goldeneye recently and noticed this on a lamp board.

20211121_153444 (resized).jpg20211121_153444 (resized).jpg
#806 2 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I picked up a Goldeneye recently and noticed this on a lamp board.
[quoted image]

Which board is that on? I will check mine out when I get a chance. Kinda cool.

#807 2 years ago

One of the playfield 555 twist in lamp boards

#808 2 years ago

Hi there I just picked up a goldeneye , just finished cleaning it up and putting in leds
Here's the before and after

20211126_134912 (resized).jpg20211126_134912 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211020-142648_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211020-142648_Chrome (resized).jpg
#809 2 years ago

After and before **

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

After and before **

Looking good!! My favorite Bond movie!!

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from DBP99:

Looking good!! My favorite Bond movie!!

Thanks , it's definitely a pain to get all the ramps off though lol

#812 2 years ago

Looks like there is a few new members here. If there are any big movie or game buffs I would suggest checking out Pinsound and my mix for the game. It was a passion project, and I loved doing it. I don’t make any money from suggesting my mix, just want people to be aware of it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boat-s-goldeneye-pinsound-mix

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Looks like there is a few new members here. If there are any big movie or game buffs I would suggest checking out Pinsound and my mix for the game. It was a passion project, and I loved doing it. I don’t make any money from suggesting my mix, just want people to be aware of it!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boat-s-goldeneye-pinsound-mix

Very cool wasn’t aware of this, I plan on finally starting my NOS rebuild in Jan. wanted to add goldeneye theme song get some Tina in the game lol.

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Very cool wasn’t aware of this, I plan on finally starting my NOS rebuild in Jan. wanted to add goldeneye theme song get some Tina in the game lol.

Lol, I think I had put a parody gag track in one of the sound files but I think not all of them are used and the sega sound files are coded into non sensicAl folder names.

When I do a new version I could def add Tina

1 week later
#815 2 years ago

Picked one up yesterday! Desperately needs led and have the same weak save magnet issues I’ve read about. Love this theme.

BE0FFDAE-0597-4319-8354-C5A63BEF975A (resized).jpegBE0FFDAE-0597-4319-8354-C5A63BEF975A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#816 2 years ago

Strange issue, haven’t been able to find mention of it yet but maybe I’m just missing it. Hopefully someone else has seen this and knows how to fix it!

The satellite in my game won’t rotate. Magnet works fine. It almost sounds like the motor is trying to turn, but it doesn’t move the shaft for the satellite toy at all. In test, the checked box doesn’t come up.

Is this possibly a problem at the transistor? Any advice welcomed!

2 weeks later
#817 2 years ago

So my ball save magnet works fine when you first time the game on. After a few it is not powerful enough and just drops the ball down the drain.

I have adjusted the magnet core best I can. Is it time to just try a new electro magnet? Seems like I have read a few people that was fix, but I don't understand why? The magnet in my game seems OK. It does warm up after a few games though.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

Strange issue, haven’t been able to find mention of it yet but maybe I’m just missing it. Hopefully someone else has seen this and knows how to fix it!
The satellite in my game won’t rotate. Magnet works fine. It almost sounds like the motor is trying to turn, but it doesn’t move the shaft for the satellite toy at all. In test, the checked box doesn’t come up.
Is this possibly a problem at the transistor? Any advice welcomed!

Following up on this, in case anyone else should come across the problem: I found this other thread about it (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-satellite-problem), and the advice given worked for me. There was apparently an issue with the 24V relay that's on the underside of the playfield, all the way at the top. Reflowed some solder, and boom, fixed.

2 weeks later
#819 2 years ago

Hey everybody! I just picked up a Goldeneye and somehow it is missing ball guide #4. Anybody know where I could find one? I have searched the part # but haven’t had any luck yet. Thanks!

Eric

5D2B332F-71AE-43B7-A9EA-780D797D3930 (resized).png5D2B332F-71AE-43B7-A9EA-780D797D3930 (resized).png
#820 2 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

Hey everybody! I just picked up a Goldeneye and somehow it is missing ball guide #4. Anybody know where I could find one? I have searched the part # but haven’t had any luck yet. Thanks!
Eric
[quoted image]

Mine has a broken tab. I've wedged a rubber behind it to prevent further damage. I'm trying to get Cliffy to reproduce it for me (and the ramp protectors for another pinsider), but he was swamped over the holidays. I need the game running for league in March. So earliest I might send it out would be after that. I can keep you in the loop if I am able to arrange this.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithium:

Mine has a broken tab. I've wedged a rubber behind it to prevent further damage. I'm trying to get Cliffy to reproduce it for me (and the ramp protectors for another pinsider), but he was swamped over the holidays. I need the game running for league in March. So earliest I might send it out would be after that. I can keep you in the loop if I am able to arrange this.

Well that gives me some hope! I am definitely interested. Not having it sure messes with the game play and of course the possibility of causing some damage...

1 week later
#822 2 years ago

Just helped a friend and his girl join the club, this is also their first pin ever. For some reason whenever the ball is ready to launch it sounds like it’s trying to use the vertical up kicker that stages the ball into the shooter lane, five times in a row. It never launches until you pull the trigger. Seems opto related but I didn't pull them to inspect yet.

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from Lithium:

One of the tabs on mine recently broke as well, so I would also be interested in one if the opportunity arises.

#824 2 years ago

That ball guide was notorious for snapping a tab or the head of the top wood screw clean off. I found a set of NOS ball guides 3 maybe 4 years ago, spent the previous 5 looking for NOS parts to do a full NOS restore, so I doubt there’s anymore about if there was I’d like to think I would have found them.

Is anyone in this thread close to Cliffy? I emailed him last night about some ramp protectors as the factory ones don’t actually cover the ends of the ramps and I don’t want my NOS ramps to ever get smashed up.

Some ramps protectors and a new ball guide 4 would be nice additions for all owners.

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That ball guide was notorious for snapping a tab or the head of the top wood screw clean off. I found a set of NOS ball guides 3 maybe 4 years ago, spent the previous 5 looking for NOS parts to do a full NOS restore, so I doubt there’s anymore about if there was I’d like to think I would have found them.
Is anyone in this thread close to Cliffy? I emailed him last night about some ramp protectors as the factory ones don’t actually cover the ends of the ramps and I don’t want my NOS ramps to ever get smashed up.
Some ramps protectors and a new ball guide 4 would be nice additions for all owners.

I am down for a set of ramp protectors and ball guide #4. I am in desperate need of them haha! Hopefully somebody is close to Cliffy and we can get these going. Thanks!

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

I am down for a set of ramp protectors and ball guide #4. I am in desperate need of them haha! Hopefully somebody is close to Cliffy and we can get these going. Thanks!

I would send my ramps to cliff but being in the U.K. the cost to ship them and send them back would be bonkers.

#827 2 years ago

Here’s my 80s James Bond with LEDs

3D9523B4-8857-42B1-A5E8-AE06D592FAAC (resized).jpeg3D9523B4-8857-42B1-A5E8-AE06D592FAAC (resized).jpegF1299085-A308-4CA1-BB2B-9BF566389A0D (resized).jpegF1299085-A308-4CA1-BB2B-9BF566389A0D (resized).jpeg
#828 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would send my ramps to cliff but being in the U.K. the cost to ship them and send them back would be bonkers.

I'm willing to send mine. But I can't send them until after March. I had an email going with Cliffy and another pinsider on this back in December. I can ping him again about it and reference these recent posts. Obviously, the more people who need this, the more it's worth his time to reproduce them.

#829 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me if Goldeneye right habitrail by flippers has ball bounce back before dropping?

Had habitrail replated and not sure if there was originally some factory absorption material there.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#830 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Can anyone tell me if Goldeneye right habitrail by flippers has ball bounce back before dropping?
Had habitrail replated and not sure if there was originally some factory absorption material there.
[quoted image]

I have never known Goldeneye to have anything at the end of either ramp.

If your game is fairly steep you will get bounce back off a metal wireform as the balls picking up speed on the way back, you can add a washer or two at the slingshot mount sometimes that is just enough to slow the return and drop the ball through, worked on my AIQ and Goldeneye.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If your game is fairly steep you will get bounce back off a metal wireform as the balls picking up speed on the way back, you can add a washer or two at the slingshot mount sometimes that is just enough to slow the return and drop the ball through, worked on my AIQ and Goldeneye.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

#832 2 years ago

1)Anybody have a solution to get the satellite ramp to be flush? When activated the front sits flush so there is no problem there, only when it is down it will affect a slow moving balls path. I haven't taken the assembly apart or anything yet but can it be as simple as bending the ramp flap?

2)Is there a crotch wear decal available? I remember reading on here somebody made a cover up decal.

3)Looking for at least (1) speaker grille. Anybody have 1?

IMG_2660 (resized).jpgIMG_2660 (resized).jpgIMG_2661 (resized).JPGIMG_2661 (resized).JPGScreen Shot 2022-02-18 at 3.15.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-18 at 3.15.40 PM (resized).png

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

1)Anybody have a solution to get the satellite ramp to be flush? When activated the front sits flush so there is no problem there, only when it is down it will affect a slow moving balls path. I haven't taken the assembly apart or anything yet but can it be as simple as bending the ramp flap?
2)Is there a crotch wear decal available? I remember reading on here somebody made a cover up decal.
3)Looking for at least (1) speaker grille. Anybody have 1?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1. You can add a couple of fibre washers or metal washers to the front of the mech depending on how much you need to lower the flap, that usually works for levelling a number of mechs.

2. There used to be a decal, not sure if it’s available anymore, a lot of people simply colour in the area as it’s black with no graphic detail and mylar over it for added protection.

3. I might have one or two available once I finish my NOS restore, as I might go with custom speaker grill panels of the bond gun barrel silhouette.

EF71EB05-878D-49EB-940C-F10592441CF2 (resized).jpegEF71EB05-878D-49EB-940C-F10592441CF2 (resized).jpeg
#834 2 years ago

If anyone have a good photo or scan of the crotch without wear I can make a new decal. I need one for myself also so that would be great!

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from DrGonzo:

If anyone have a good photo or scan of the crotch without wear I can make a new decal. I need one for myself also so that would be great!

I have a NOS playfield, if you can wait a few days I can snap you a photo pm me an email so I can send it over unless I can send it via pm without Pinside compressing it.

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have a NOS playfield, if you can wait a few days I can snap you a photo pm me an email so I can send it over unless I can send it via pm without Pinside compressing it.

Thank you! I’ve sent you a PM with my email address. Let’s save some crotches!

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

1. You can add a couple of fibre washers or metal washers to the front of the mech depending on how much you need to lower the flap, that usually works for levelling a number of mechs.
2. There used to be a decal, not sure if it’s available anymore, a lot of people simply colour in the area as it’s black with no graphic detail and mylar over it for added protection.
3. I might have one or two available once I finish my NOS restore, as I might go with custom speaker grill panels of the bond gun barrel silhouette.[quoted image]

Thank you for the tips! I am definitely interested in the speaker grills if you go the custom route. Thank you!

Quoted from J85M:

Quoted from DrGonzo:

Thank you! I’ve sent you a PM with my email address. Let’s save some crotches!

I do have a special request if it isn't too much trouble. One of my "Train and Tank" inserts is chipped. Is it possible to get a decal made for that?

IMG_2668 (resized).jpgIMG_2668 (resized).jpgIMG_2669 (resized).jpgIMG_2669 (resized).jpg
#838 2 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

Thank you for the tips! I am definitely interested in the speaker grills if you go the custom route. Thank you!

I do have a special request if it isn't too much trouble. One of my "Train and Tank" inserts is chipped. Is it possible to get a decal made for that? [quoted image][quoted image]

I can take a photo of any area for anyone as currently the playfield is unpopulated once I start the refurb it will be a little trickier but I will take a shot of the crotch area and the train decal for you mate so you can get a decal made up your end.

#839 2 years ago

Hey guys,

Can anybody please provide me with a high res scan/photo (suitable for printing) of the Goldeneye 007 decal that goes on the back of the gun assembly that launches the ball and also of the plastic on the right hand side of the guy in the wheelchair? My Goldeneye is missing both so thought if I get a high res scan/photo I could print them and install?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Johno

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

I do have a special request if it isn't too much trouble. One of my "Train and Tank" inserts is chipped. Is it possible to get a decal made for that? [quoted image][quoted image]

I can make a decal for you if I could get a high res photo of that area.

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I can take a photo of any area for anyone as currently the playfield is unpopulated once I start the refurb it will be a little trickier but I will take a shot of the crotch area and the train decal for you mate so you can get a decal made up your end.

Quoted from DrGonzo:

I can make a decal for you if I could get a high res photo of that area.

J85M, when you get a chance, can you send a picture over to DrGonzo of the "Train and Tank" insert area? Also "the crotch" area if you haven't done so already. I REALLY appreciate the help. Please let me know what I owe you both...

#842 2 years ago

I’ll get photos done this coming week hopefully, apologies but I haven’t been home where my goldeneye and parts are stored.

I have NOS playfield, NOS plastics and NOS decals so if anyone needs anything else let me know.

#843 2 years ago

Hello,

Can anyone help me with a good scan/photo of the satellite insert? This is totally worn out on my GE.

Also, how do you print it out to be transparent, or what material do you use?

I am new at this kind of restoration...

Best regards,

1 week later
#844 2 years ago

Strange intermittent issue that's arisen in my Goldeneye...

Sometimes, the left flipper just won't fire, or won't hold. I can't recreate the problem, it just seems to happen every now and again during the course of play. I've cleaned the contacts in the cabinet, and they aren't pitted or anything—kind of scratching my head as to what could be the issue.

Any ideas?

#845 2 years ago

Okay will get all these photos for people tomorrow apologies for the delay.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well I experimented with washers but no luck.

Solution was to spread open the outer round portion of the habitrail where the ball would hit. During brass plating is most of got bent closed in.

The wider opening enables the ball to fall instead of bounce against the round portion of the habitrail.

Looking at the left one helped me figure it out.

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Well I experimented with washers but no luck.
Solution was to spread open the outer round portion of the habitrail where the ball would hit. During brass plating is most of got bent closed in.
The wider opening enables the ball to fall instead of bounce against the round portion of the habitrail.
Looking at the left one helped me figure it out.

ED288432-28C4-40ED-AF75-40BDE16F3F9C (resized).pngED288432-28C4-40ED-AF75-40BDE16F3F9C (resized).png
#848 2 years ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

Strange intermittent issue that's arisen in my Goldeneye...
Sometimes, the left flipper just won't fire, or won't hold. I can't recreate the problem, it just seems to happen every now and again during the course of play. I've cleaned the contacts in the cabinet, and they aren't pitted or anything—kind of scratching my head as to what could be the issue.
Any ideas?

So this has gotten worse—when I most recently went to start a game, the left flipper was bad. Shut it off, and checked the backbox: I had a good suggestion from someone that perhaps the fuse clips weren't making good contact, however, that doesn't seem to be the case. I pulled the fuses out, tested them, made sure the contacts were good and snug and everything looks clean, and tried again.

Upon restarting the game, now the *right* flipper doesn't work at all, and the left flipper will mostly work, but it sometimes acts like it's mechanically stuck (tho it's definitely not mechanically stuck).

I've checked the fuses on the flipper board in the backbox...and F6 on the MPU. All good.

My new thought is that the ceramic resistors could be failing? Is that a thing? I suspect this because there's some fine white powder underneath that board...I've got some replacements on order, but would that be causing this issue?

Any thoughts and suggestions welcomed!

1 week later
#849 2 years ago
Quoted from DrGonzo:

I have a New Old Stock Magnet Processor Board to sell if you’re interested.

I am interested in buying your board. Let me know Bugquest in pinsider

#850 2 years ago

Took the various photos everyone asked for so I’ll get round to dropping each of you a pm later this week.

While on the matter of parts needed is anyone close to Cliffy? And able to send him all their ramp protectors so he can reproduce them?

The two ball guides would also be ideal as they are notorious for having one of the legs snap!

2 guides in question below.

F98E738F-18E4-429D-8331-96716D8A6D21 (resized).jpegF98E738F-18E4-429D-8331-96716D8A6D21 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 1,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.