20231105_112237.jpg
20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
There are 1,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.
#601 4 years ago

I went with black powdercoat but with upgrades rails.

7E2E7179-2540-45BA-A413-0CAB6B0447B8 (resized).jpeg7E2E7179-2540-45BA-A413-0CAB6B0447B8 (resized).jpegDCD7ABA7-4649-4A95-910F-3A569143032B (resized).jpegDCD7ABA7-4649-4A95-910F-3A569143032B (resized).jpeg
#602 4 years ago

Is that a chrome or just a cleared finish? I was thinking black but maybe a satin finish so nothing shiny, I was also thinking about having some custom rails made with the gun barrel cut around the flipper button.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that a chrome or just a cleared finish? I was thinking black but maybe a satin finish so nothing shiny, I was also thinking about having some custom rails made with the gun barrel cut around the flipper button.

Just black shiny powdercoated.

1 month later
#604 4 years ago

hello i have finally acquired my goldeneye a few months late. said I have a problem I will need a video or image that shows how the ramp works which drops and goes up during the games and the switches that activate it is possible to take pictures of these switches ? there is nothing in the manual. a big thank-you

#605 4 years ago

The switch that activates the satelite ramp is the left inlanelane during lock sequence at least, when you have your second ball locked and you hit the left inlane (often by shooting left ramp, leading into left inlane) the satelite ramp will go up for some second.

or do you mean the plunge flap ramp by the bumpers?

2 weeks later
#606 4 years ago

Finally installed color dmd. Nice upgrade.

#607 3 years ago

Hi All,

Am repairing a Goldeneye for a mate and the rod that pulls the tank trapdoor keeps falling off at the underside of the ramp (ie: above the playfield). There is a tiny groove cut into the shaft, so it looks like an e clip or something could go there to secure it, however not sure that e clips are made that small? Does anyone have any details on how this is secured. The manual i have is a prototype manual and doesn't have a part listing for that or a drawing.

Or any ideas on how i could secure it so the wire rod doesn't keep falling out

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Hi All,
Am repairing a Goldeneye for a mate and the rod that pulls the tank trapdoor keeps falling off at the underside of the ramp (ie: above the playfield). There is a tiny groove cut into the shaft, so it looks like an e clip or something could go there to secure it, however not sure that e clips are made that small? Does anyone have any details on how this is secured. The manual i have is a prototype manual and doesn't have a part listing for that or a drawing.
Or any ideas on how i could secure it so the wire rod doesn't keep falling out

The rod is secured by an E clip 1/4 inch diameter, part number 270-5002-00. See #16 in manual images below.
F1BD59B4-D7A7-4D56-B10F-8E8E99843AB8 (resized).jpegF1BD59B4-D7A7-4D56-B10F-8E8E99843AB8 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjack:

The rod is secured by an E clip 1/4 inch diameter, part number 270-5002-00. See #16 in manual images below.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can confirm via first hand experience that the clip is very tiny and was a real pain to get on and off.

1 week later
#610 3 years ago

Just joined the club, Goldeneye. It’s a home use, undocumented, reimport. No wear on play field, 0 wear on crotch. Crotch has Mylar, appears from day 1. Lots of electrical, leds, rubber, coin door price plate, etc. to do. Been trying to get one without wear for a long time. I will guess and say this was in the UK, owned by a military man. Seller didn’t know. Cabinet is near perfect, proud of this one.

3 weeks later
#611 3 years ago

Just joined!

322E5BBF-48F6-4FD0-8AC7-D83BDBFF7D7F (resized).jpeg322E5BBF-48F6-4FD0-8AC7-D83BDBFF7D7F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#612 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjack:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm,

OK, so i ordered that part number (which has been replaced by part 20-8712-25), however its a relatively large e-clip - i think it describes a 1/4" opening.

So in relation to the really small e clips on the tank shaft, does anyone have a part number or size please?

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Hmm,
OK, so i ordered that part number (which has been replaced by part 20-8712-25), however its a relatively large e-clip - i think it describes a 1/4" opening.
So in relation to the really small e clips on the tank shaft, does anyone have a part number or size please?

Sorry the manual had the wrong part number. What's the size of the shaft ? Part number for smaller E-clips are 270-5000-00 / 270-8712-12 (1/8" shaft) , 270-8712-14 (9/4 " shaft) and 270-8712-15 (5/32" shaft). I can't remember which one I used but I bought a lot of various E-clips at a standard auto store. The size needed is not specific to pinballs.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjack:

Sorry the manual had the wrong part number. What's the size of the shaft ? Part number for smaller E-clips are 270-5000-00 / 270-8712-12 (1/8" shaft) , 270-8712-14 (9/4 " shaft) and 270-8712-15 (5/32" shaft). I can't remember which one I used but I bought a lot of various E-clips at a standard auto store. The size needed is not specific to pinballs.

Yeah, i was actually thinking of taking the shaft to a bolt/nut store, the only thing is here in Australia we use mm which is sooo much easier to measure haha

#615 3 years ago

Posting a bit of a teaser... I’ll check in again in a few weeks!

40C4789F-628B-444F-8CEB-3529CEC97BCB (resized).jpeg40C4789F-628B-444F-8CEB-3529CEC97BCB (resized).jpeg
#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Posting a bit of a teaser... I’ll check in again in a few weeks!
[quoted image]

I have a full Pinsound on my MSF and Tommy. What a difference. Looking forward to your progress. Goldeneye really needs you.

2 weeks later
#617 3 years ago

Here is a video. I am probably a few days away from releasing officially. I will be calling this version 1, I will continue to work on versions.

https://www.amazon.ca/photos/share/8Rw3YrS3aWjudYxkKNoySJokX4eaLzW2ybLVeZiClE6

#618 3 years ago

Version 1 looking good, would look better with the Colordmd... Just saying!

#620 3 years ago

Lol... now you have me following the Goldeneye thread!

#622 3 years ago

Okay, I am in on Pinsound. Great job. I saw your video also on YouTube, I gotta ask. How do you get the helicopter blades to spin? Really cool.

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Okay, I am in on Pinsound. Great job. I saw your video also on YouTube, I gotta ask. How do you get the helicopter blades to spin? Really cool.

You won't regret it. I already made some sweet changes.

Let me know what speakers you are looking at getting so I can help guide you with the install.

They don't actually spin, I think they are just swaying from the coils/vibration lol.

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

You won't regret it. I already made some sweet changes.
Let me know what speakers you are looking at getting so I can help guide you with the install.
They don't actually spin, I think they are just swaying from the coils/vibration lol.

It takes a while to get it from France. Will the changes be available then? I have Pinsound speakers in 2 more games of mine, really like it. I will go with theirs. Would spacers & longer screws work on it? I will go with the system you have in your thread. Thanks, again.

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

It takes a while to get it from France. Will the changes be available then? I have Pinsound speakers in 2 more games of mine, really like it. I will go with theirs. Would spacers & longer screws work on it? I will go with the system you have in your thread. Thanks, again.

For sure, its pretty much ready to go.

The goldeneye backbox has mounting threads built in so you can't really add spacers, you would need something like this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/M2-M3-M4-M5-M6-M8_60541959552.html

#626 3 years ago

Okay hippy, because I like you, I did some testing. Half inch hex spacers will do the trick but you will have a little gap. This is by far the easiest way to install the speakers.

7DD91B07-A2DF-4769-B428-69A80930CA23 (resized).jpeg7DD91B07-A2DF-4769-B428-69A80930CA23 (resized).jpeg8440AFB4-D15D-4A87-9F92-FB4B824CAB08 (resized).jpeg8440AFB4-D15D-4A87-9F92-FB4B824CAB08 (resized).jpeg
#627 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Okay hippy, because I like you, I did some testing. Half inch hex spacers will do the trick but you will have a little gap. This is by far the easiest way to install the speakers.[quoted image][quoted image]

What a deal, looks easy. I just installed their full set on another game I have,also a Sega, MSF. With this pandemic mess we have, it took 2 weeks to get it. I will bet you have the added stuff uploaded by then. Really looking forward to it. Thanks a lot.

#628 3 years ago

Recently picked up a James Bond machine for next to nothing
Really excited to work on it
Didn’t realize it was time based but bought a few games just so I could get it
I knew it was pretty rare title
I’ll post some pics after I get it running

#629 3 years ago

Just scooped up a Goldeneye. It is super clean, appears HUO. Showing only 226 plays.

IMG_2374 (resized).jpgIMG_2374 (resized).jpg
#630 3 years ago

Put some mylar over the crotch, fast!

1 week later
#631 3 years ago

HI everyone. I just picked up a Goldeneye and it is in a rough condition. Any information on Original or reproduction plastics, ramps, helicopter, etc? I have been looking online and not much is showing up. I figured I would try here.

Thank you all for any and all help!

#632 3 years ago

Hey guys! Here's a translite image I put together. I totally got inspiration from richyrich's version he had done but wanted to incorporate the opening credit scene of the movie so that's worked in on the bottom of the image. Think it came together pretty nicely. Wanted to share the full res image for anyone else that wants it. Don't judge the photoshopping...did it quickly one afternoon. Enjoy!

Link to full res download:
https://gallery.daxphotography.com/goldeneyepinballtranslite/

IMG_1055 (resized).jpgIMG_1055 (resized).jpgIMG_1054 (resized).jpgIMG_1054 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#633 3 years ago

Hey crew, there was a lot of comments about q's pen being an annoying mode to beat. I learned that quickly as well. I ended up moving the standup target up the playfield by making new screw holes. I will snap a photo later but that seemed to help start and complete q's pen easier.

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from dstickler:

HI everyone. I just picked up a Goldeneye and it is in a rough condition. Any information on Original or reproduction plastics, ramps, helicopter, etc? I have been looking online and not much is showing up. I figured I would try here.

Sorry, this thread is pretty quiet, I am new here too and haven't needed to source any parts yet.

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from dstickler:

I just got mine all done. I didn't need to find new ramps but did replace a lot on it:

3D printed satellite: https://www.shapeways.com/product/DY42C9EQF/goldeneye-pinball-satellite-dish-modded

I didn't like the look of the tank or the helicopter so found some die cast on eBay and replaced those. May be willing to let the originals go if you want them.
Helicopter: ebay.com link: Postage Stamp 5600 Hughes AH 64D Apache Longbow Helicopter 1 100 Scale Diecast
Tank: ebay.com link: RARE T 55 Tank James Bond 007 Goldeneye 1 50 Military Model Car DYG3

New magnet board: https://www.mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

New stickers for the targets were also on eBay

I made my own alternate translite (full res link above) and had it printed by Game on Grafix for $47.

Then a ton of parts from all the usual suspects.

Hope that helps!

#636 3 years ago

Random question...What is the "Match" at the end of the game when it says "This is your last chance!"????

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from Daximus:

What is the "Match" at the end of the game when it says "This is your last chance!"????

Its the match function that nearly all pinball machines have - randomly awarding an extra credit (free game) if the last two digits of your score Match the random number displayed. This of course doesn't matter on free play, but is cool if you are putting money in to get a free game even without a high score. "This is your last chance" is just a fun way of saying you only get this last random chance of a free game in a way that goes with the Goldeneye Theme.

#638 3 years ago
Quoted from dstickler:

I have a NOS playfield, ramps, plastics etc etc, I have offered them out for reproduction but as of yet none of the ramp guys are interested in doing ramps for Goldeneye yet.

#639 3 years ago

Thanks for the update. I hope they will make some new ramps soon. :/ I am still looking for two ramps.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from dstickler:

Thanks for the update. I hope they will make some new ramps soon. :/ I am still looking for two ramps.

Left and right can be found still or at least a few months back I saw some, the middle ramp is unobtainium.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Left and right can be found still or at least a few months back I saw some, the middle ramp is unobtainium.

Ugh. :/

Right and Center Ramp are the ones I am looking for. I was able to find a left ramp.

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from Daximus:

I just got mine all done. I didn't need to find new ramps but did replace a lot on it:
3D printed satellite: https://www.shapeways.com/product/DY42C9EQF/goldeneye-pinball-satellite-dish-modded
I didn't like the look of the tank or the helicopter so found some die cast on eBay and replaced those. May be willing to let the originals go if you want them.
Helicopter: ebay.com link » Postage Stamp 5600 Hughes Ah 64d Apache Longbow Helicopter 1 100 Scale Diecast
Tank: ebay.com link » Rare T 55 Tank James Bond 007 Goldeneye 1 50 Military Model Car Dyg3
I made my own alternate translite (full res link above) and had it printed by Game on Grafix for $47.
Hope that helps!

Daximus

Let me know if you are interested in selling the helicopter

I picked up the Modded Satellite. I love it, it looks so much better.

How did you make the Tank from Ebay work with the trap door?

And great job on the Alternate Translite!!

#643 3 years ago

I’ll be selling a really nice original James Bond gottlieb
Playfield looks like it got hardly any use lol

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from dstickler:

daximus

Where is the modded satellite? Thanks.

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Where is the modded satellite? Thanks.

HIPPY

This is the one I picked up. It looks great.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DY42C9EQF/goldeneye-pinball-satellite-dish-modded

#646 3 years ago

Looks better than the original, for sure. Thanks.

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from dstickler:

daximus

I just dm'd you...the helicopter is yours if you just want to cover shipping! As far as the tank is concerned it just screws on over the trap door...literally just two little L brackets that attach to the ramp. Doesn't affect the trap door. Make sure you have the right e clip for the trap door...used the smallest I could find and it was still too big and had to bend it to make it work...it's a PAIN to get at that! Thanks, I hope people use the alternate!

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from Daximus:

I just dm'd you...the helicopter is yours if you just want to cover shipping! As far as the tank is concerned it just screws on over the trap door...literally just two little L brackets that attach to the ramp. Doesn't affect the trap door. Make sure you have the right e clip for the trap door...used the smallest I could find and it was still too big and had to bend it to make it work...it's a PAIN to get at that! Thanks, I hope people use the alternate!

Thank you!

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from Daximus:

Helicopter: ebay.com link » Postage Stamp 5600 Hughes Ah 64d Apache Longbow Helicopter 1 100 Scale Diecast
Tank: ebay.com link » Rare T 55 Tank James Bond 007 Goldeneye 1 50 Military Model Car Dyg3
Hope that helps!

Same models I’ve brought for my restore the factory helicopter and tank are terrible.

I also got the db5 and Ferrari from the same serious as the tank for the ramps.

Anyone interested in custom pop caps? Was thinking either Goldeneye silhouettes like the stickers on the factory caps or classic bond gun barrel silhouettes..?

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same models I’ve brought for my restore the factory helicopter and tank are terrible.
I also got the db5 and Ferrari from the same serious as the tank for the ramps.
Anyone interested in custom pop caps? Was thinking either Goldeneye silhouettes like the stickers on the factory caps or classic bond gun barrel silhouettes..?

Dig the idea of the gun barrel silhouettes on the bumper caps!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 1,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club/page/13?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.