Topic Stats

• 630 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Chalkey
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2374 (resized).jpg
7DD91B07-A2DF-4769-B428-69A80930CA23 (resized).jpeg
8440AFB4-D15D-4A87-9F92-FB4B824CAB08 (resized).jpeg
40C4789F-628B-444F-8CEB-3529CEC97BCB (resized).jpeg
322E5BBF-48F6-4FD0-8AC7-D83BDBFF7D7F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
F1BD59B4-D7A7-4D56-B10F-8E8E99843AB8 (resized).jpeg
DCD7ABA7-4649-4A95-910F-3A569143032B (resized).jpeg
7E2E7179-2540-45BA-A413-0CAB6B0447B8 (resized).jpeg
ball trough bad drawing (resized).png
2019-12-20 10.44.16.jpg
switch number (resized).png
lampe goldeneye (resized).PNG
20191025_160615 (resized).jpg
20191025_154945 (resized).jpg
ge_original (resized).jpg

There are 630 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 2 years ago

RTTB has the housing and slightly different targets

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=28

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sorry I'm not sure of where to install. Just knew it was early. I'm surprised no one has responded with the answer.

Thanks for the message. I'm surprised too. Well, patience it is then.

FWIW, I tried replacing the existing display rom with the new game rom, but that did not work. Lost the screen completely. I'm not game to play with the board anymore.

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from cklweb:

Thanks for the message. I'm surprised too. Well, patience it is then.
FWIW, I tried replacing the existing display rom with the new game rom, but that did not work. Lost the screen completely. I'm not game to play with the board anymore.

Maybe start a new thread asking the question for Sega machines.Might have better chance of response. Also I think there is a Sega club that you might be able to post in. Is your screen still out?

#505 2 years ago

The screen is OK now that I returned the original V1.0 ROM to the board. I appreciate your advice about moving to SEGA/starting a new thread. Many thanks!

1 month later
#506 2 years ago

Woot!! New (to me obviously) James Bond. Got it from a gentleman in Michigan who bought it from a James Bond museum where it was never even uncrated. It has very few plays on it ever, and looks basically new. The fine folks at Music City Pinball swapped out the lights, put on fresh rubbers, replaced a few old chips, and it's ready to roll! I'll be getting GoldenEye back from the shop tomorrow, and my victory will be complete!!!

DSC_0054-2 (resized).jpgDSC_0055-2 (resized).jpgDSC_0058-2 (resized).jpgDSC_0062-2 (resized).jpgDSC_0085-2 (resized).jpgDSC_0086-2 (resized).jpgDSC_0098-2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#507 1 year ago
Quoted from cklweb:

The screen is OK now that I returned the original V1.0 ROM to the board. I appreciate your advice about moving to SEGA/starting a new thread. Many thanks!

I no longer have my pin, but from memory, look up in the top board, almost in the dead middle and you should see the old Game ROM. Mine had a white label on it. Pull it out and make sure you see which end had the 'v' on it so you can match it up. Be VERY careful pushing the new one in. I have messed up he legs on these things many times from thinking I had it lined up and it wasn't.

This is a simple thing. I'm surprised no one got on here and offered you help. I quit following this thread when I sold mine.

Hope this helps. If you still have problems, post it here and I'll be watching . . .

Mike in Kentucky

3 weeks later
#508 1 year ago

I made my own target stickers. I didn't like what was available so I made my own.

DSC_0625 (resized).jpgDSC_0630 (resized).jpgDSC_0632 (resized).jpgDSC_0634 (resized).jpg
#509 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I made my own target stickers. I didn't like what was available so I made my own.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are a great improvement from stock. Nice job. Would you be willing to make me a set?

#510 1 year ago

One user asked my for GoldenEye Custom cards last month ago and I designed an easy concept based in original rules card by SEGA. Here is:

Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!

"GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (SEGA). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/GoldenEye%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (SEGA). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/GoldenEye%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgGoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

I hope you like!

Regards

1 week later
#511 1 year ago

Whats part number for the target that does "lights lock when flashing"? I can't seem to find that clear "jeweled" target. Also, what the go-to for a replacement satellite dish? I looked at Swinks' thing on shapeways but it says that it's in white even though the photos seem to show it in grey which is what I'd prefer.

#512 1 year ago

I bought mine from swinks it was grey and contoured. Maybe PM him on Pinside he always seems to be on.

Pretty sure marcospecialties.com has those jeweled targets in two colors, I went with gold.

#513 1 year ago

Here my second custom card. It is a very easy concept!

"GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (SEGA). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
[https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/GoldenEye%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (SEGA). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/GoldenEye%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgGoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

I hope you like!

Regards

2 weeks later
#514 1 year ago

And finallly printings:

"GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (SEGA) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/GoldenEye%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules%20print1.jpg

"GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (SEGA) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/GoldenEye%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules%20print2.jpg

GoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules print1.JPGGoldenEye Custom Pinball Card - Rules print2.JPG

I hope you like!

Regards

2 weeks later
#515 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Whats part number for the target that does "lights lock when flashing"? I can't seem to find that clear "jeweled" target. Also, what the go-to for a replacement satellite dish? I looked at Swinks' thing on shapeways but it says that it's in white even though the photos seem to show it in grey which is what I'd prefer.

sorry I had a break for a while but both are available in multiple colours, you just need to select the material (colour) of choice, but Shapeways had changed a grey material so had to re-open a new alternative.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinks007

3 weeks later
#516 1 year ago

Has anyone here added a playfield protector to their Sega Goldeneye?

I topshopped and added one, but it feels abit off around the ramp. First it was covering some mm of the flap, then i slid it "under" the ramp flap, but now the flap is not 100% level with pf so the ball has some unnatural movements there. Will probably have to cut out a mm or so to make the ramp rest completely down.

Just wanted to check if someone else has dealt with this

20181031_002850 (resized).jpg20181031_002857 (resized).jpg20181031_002905 (resized).jpg
#517 1 year ago

Could anyone post some photos of the inside of their coin door with how the service buttons should be fastened, and also the metal thing pressing in the hi power switch?

My project goldeneye has been dealt some harsh fixes on route, and trying to get it back in order

20181108_144646 (resized).jpg20181108_144702 (resized).jpg20181108_144649 (resized).jpg20181108_144656 (resized).jpg
#518 1 year ago

Hope this helps.

18610E96-1086-4021-8AFA-715BBB433C29 (resized).jpeg29996267-B45E-4E04-9E57-6F9D260231B1 (resized).jpeg6BA6EA39-0347-4D1C-B008-C6BC7573AB0D (resized).jpegEBBD01E1-48A5-4786-A076-26F6FE58390C (resized).jpeg
#519 1 year ago

Thanks! Starting to wonder if this machine has a non sega door or something..

3 weeks later
#520 1 year ago

I bought a beater and it's missing some parts here and there... Can somebody post a picture of this two tiered plastic assembly showing what's supposed to be mounted through these two holes?

IMG_20181204_100103 (resized).jpgIMG_20181204_095814 (resized).jpgIMG_20181204_095909 (resized).jpg
#521 1 year ago

Here you go...

BA26E3E4-06C6-435D-8A59-23BC0DC2C697 (resized).jpegC28B3899-651B-431C-A8D5-04FA95555E04 (resized).jpeg
#522 1 year ago

Anyone ever change the satellite magnet core ? Seems like it would be a PITA. I have Used a electric impact on Metallica but no room for that on back of satellite... any advice?

1 week later
#523 1 year ago

Can someone please show me the correct orientation of the U1 chip on the magnet board. i forget which direction the small notch on the chip faces. Thank you.

1 month later
#524 1 year ago

Hi Bond guys I am currently parting out two Gottlieb 007s for one of my family members. If there is anything you need pm me and we can discuss pricing. I just wanted to give y’all a heads up first before I start listing in the marketplace and eBay. Thanks

4 weeks later
#525 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone ever change the satellite magnet core ? Seems like it would be a PITA. I have Used a electric impact on Metallica but no room for that on back of satellite... any advice?

I changed it, wasn't that hard - entire back assembly comes out. Don't recall any problems.

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

I changed it, wasn't that hard - entire back assembly comes out. Don't recall any problems.

Ok thanks. My magnet is pretty neat up. Used electric impact on Metallica. Going to use same tool.

1 month later
#527 1 year ago

I have a Gottlieb System 80 James Bond. When I start a game the ball is not getting kicked out into the shooter lane as it should. If I place a ball manually in the shooter lane and start to play a game the flippers don't work and when the ball drains and doesn't get kicked out again either.

What should I be looking at to try and rectify the problem and can anyone tell me the fuse and location of the fuse that would control the flippers/ball kicking out as I will start there?

Any help greatly appreciated

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from Johno75:

I have a Gottlieb System 80 James Bond. When I start a game the ball is not getting kicked out into the shooter lane as it should. If I place a ball manually in the shooter lane and start to play a game the flippers don't work and when the ball drains and doesn't get kicked out again either.
What should I be looking at to try and rectify the problem and can anyone tell me the fuse and location of the fuse that would control the flippers/ball kicking out as I will start there?
Any help greatly appreciated

This will sound odd, but check to see if all the coin switches are open. I ran into a similar problem with a System 80 A machine once (Rocky).

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

This will sound odd, but check to see if all the coin switches are open. I ran into a similar problem with a System 80 A machine once (Rocky).

thanks mate. This may be a stupid question but you mean the coin switches on the rear of the coin door when I open up the coin door? Is that what you mean and what should I be looking for? A credit can be added and the game starts but doesn't kick the ball out??

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from Johno75:

thanks mate. This may be a stupid question but you mean the coin switches on the rear of the coin door when I open up the coin door? Is that what you mean and what should I be looking for? A credit can be added and the game starts but doesn't kick the ball out??

Yes, even if you can credit using a coin switch, the game may not start or start and not eject the ball if one of the coin switches is stuck closed. This may not be the problem in your case, but I would check.
gtbcoinsw1 (resized).jpg

#531 1 year ago

What’s the consensus on this Gottlieb Bond, fun game or a dog?

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Yes, even if you can credit using a coin switch, the game may not start or start and not eject the ball if one of the coin switches is stuck closed. This may not be the problem in your case, but I would check.
[quoted image]

I think you may be right about the coin switch and I might be on the right track as I remembered that I was doing something inside the coin door when it first stopped ejecting the ball on start. I've only had time to look at the right hand coin switch and if I move the metal wire in a certain way it sometimes blanks out the credit display at the bottom of the playfield. i don't really know what I'm looking for/how to fix it though.

is there a good picture description anywhere that shows what the coin switched should look like etc when they are fully working?

Added 14 months ago:

** edit** I just did the switch test and it came up with switch # 67 which I understand is the outhole

http://replay.pinball.ch/system80pins/Jamesbond-tec.html

So what should I be looking at now to fix it as I'm at a loss?

3 weeks later
#533 1 year ago

Just joined the club and immediately put it at our charity arcade! Stupid question - what do you need to do to trigger the satellite pop up ramp? Not sure if mine is working or not...it does in test so thinking I just don’t understand the rules. Thx!

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Just joined the club and immediately put it at our charity arcade! Stupid question - what do you need to do to trigger the satellite pop up ramp? Not sure if mine is working or not...it does in test so thinking I just don’t understand the rules. Thx!

You use the satellite via a hurry up mode and it also has its own multiball.

Multiball:
There are two ways of lighting multiball; one involves shooting the Center Eject Target to light the Lock Ramp for Virtual locks, and then collecting Virtual locks. The other involves draining without doing any work until Ball 3 starts. If you haven't gotten multiball by the start of Ball 3, the game will light both Satellite and Tank Multiball.

If you want to do it the hard way, shoot the Center Eject Target until the Lock Ramp is lit for a Virtual Lock. You only need one hit for your first two multiballs; then you need 2 hits to start the third. Not sure after that.

Collect two Virtual Locks to light Satellite Multiball. The top left inlane switch will raise the Pop-Up Ramp for a shot at the rotating Satellite dish. You need to get the ball on the magnet in the center of the dish in order to start Satellite Multiball.

While Satellite Multiball is lit, if you hit the Center Eject Target, the Right Ramp will be lit for Tank Multiball. If you hit it again, the Mode Start Lane will also be lit for Tank Multiball.

Hurry Up:
The Left Inlane raises the Pop-Up Ramp for a shot at the Satellite. The value starts at 90M, and counts down by 5M's until 10M? and then quits. One shot to the Satellite ends the mode.

Full golden eye rules here:
http://pinball.org/rules/goldeneye.html

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I think there are few more satisfying shots in pinball than hearing "Satellite!", hitting that ramp and launching Goldeneye!

3 months later
#537 11 months ago

I can set my Gottlieb James Bond to 3 and 5 ball game but does anyone know how to set it to the timed game instead?

#538 11 months ago
Quoted from Johno75:

I can set my Gottlieb James Bond to 3 and 5 ball game but does anyone know how to set it to the timed game instead?

It is different roms if you are using an original board, if you are using an aftermarket board it could depend on a few things.

#539 11 months ago

I am wanting to run a one ball high score tournament on Goldeneye however there is no option for just one ball per game. 2 is the lowest setting in the menu. I thought about just holding the start button after the first ball to start a new game like the Williams machines. It restarts but behaves oddly like launching the ball from the shooter lane and then kicking another ball from the trough. So the ball that was launched bounces around and scores points before the game actually starts. Is there any way around this or some other way to set it to 1 ball?

#540 11 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It is different roms if you are using an original board, if you are using an aftermarket board it could depend on a few things.

Thanks. It’s an original board but it must have updated rom as can set 3 or 5 ball Game by changing a switch on the board.

#541 10 months ago
Quoted from Johno75:

Thanks. It’s an original board but it must have updated rom as can set 3 or 5 ball Game by changing a switch on the board.

Yeah I think you’ll have to order some new ones

#542 10 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I think you’ll have to order some new ones

ok thanks. do you know if it's just simple matter of removing the 3/5 ball rom chip and putting in the timed game rom chip? if so any idea where to source the timed game rom chip?

#543 10 months ago

Fellow Goldeneye owners I’m hearing someone on Facebook is making new Goldeneye ramps, has anyone else seen or heard about these posts? I don’t have Facebook and I’m waiting on my friend who told me about this to find the post/link..

#544 10 months ago

Does anybody have a scan of the decal set?

1 week later
#545 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Fellow Goldeneye owners I’m hearing someone on Facebook is making new Goldeneye ramps, has anyone else seen or heard about these posts? I don’t have Facebook and I’m waiting on my friend who told me about this to find the post/link..

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+join+facebook

1 week later
#546 10 months ago

New goldeneye owner here.

Is the latest code 4.04, and is there any way to make the boot up noise not so GD loud?

Side note: if you are thinking about adding LED flashers LESS IS MORE! Even on flashers:low this thing is freaking blinding. I think every socket had those 10 led towers added. Time for a comet order...

1 week later
#547 9 months ago

Can someone please take a picture of this area on their Goldeneye for me? I need to double check my wiring to the flipper magnet fuse.

Thanks

IMG_1712 (resized).JPG
#548 9 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Can someone please take a picture of this area on their Goldeneye for me? I need to double check my wiring to the flipper magnet fuse.
Thanks[quoted image]

Hope this helps.

20190919_082518 (resized).jpg
#549 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hope this helps.

PERFECT! Thank you Docquest!

#550 9 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

New goldeneye owner here.
Is the latest code 4.04, and is there any way to make the boot up noise not so GD loud?
Side note: if you are thinking about adding LED flashers LESS IS MORE! Even on flashers:low this thing is freaking blinding. I think every socket had those 10 led towers added. Time for a comet order...

I always do incandescent for flashers. You're right, those towers a generally way too much light.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mountain Brook, AL
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
€ 8.40
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 630 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside