20231105_100344.jpg
20231024_202844.jpg
20231014_104728.jpg
20230924_144405.jpg
20230924_144340.jpg
20230924_151706.jpg
20230924_145023.jpg
20230924_161000.jpg

There are 1,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.
#1 10 years ago

Don't see one yet so I'm starting it. Welcome all fans of James Bond and pinball. Owners of Goldeneye and James Bond 007 welcome. Fans of books, movies, comics, video games, and just Bond in general come on in. Just finished 3 coats of wax on Goldeneye. Can't express how much fun this game is. Hope others care to join. Also have 1980 James Bond very unique game. It was my first and will never leave.

image-817.jpgimage-817.jpg
image-176.jpgimage-176.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Sigh...I had a chance to grab one of these two different times for a grand each...I should have. All the art/theme reminds me so much of the N64 game which I loved back in the day :/

#3 10 years ago

Stern should do a new Bond pin.

#4 10 years ago

I was hoping for 50th anniversary of bond instead of mustang for sure.

#5 10 years ago

Yay a new club!
I'll do a little photoshoot tomorrow of my newly acquired Goldeneye,

Absolutely LOVE this game, Has been a real hit with friends and family since it arrived,
Also huge Bond fan, I actually went to the world premier of Goldeneye in London, Met the cast and crew, was a wonderful day (or night lol)
Have a ton of stuff James Bond related, and yes I was wishing Stern would do a Bond pin,

#6 10 years ago

I love my Golden Eye and it will never be leaving, Shots are very satisfying. Game is way underrated and once you play it you want one, Ive had mine for years and it never gets old.

Joe(acejedi)

#7 10 years ago

Afternoon bump for anyone who missed this being posted in the middle of the night, come and join. If anyone has done some cool mods to the game or who actually has a good strategy for completing the Q Pen Mode I would love to hear it.

#8 10 years ago

Hey, glad you started this club - just got mine a few months ago.

The satellite dish is RIPE for a modification, it stands out so badly!!! I was going to create a decal, but applying a round decal to the interior of a curved dish is tricky. Soooo, I'm going with some black mesh applied to the front and back instead, with perhaps some silver sticker around the edge to add some metallic touches. Going to the dollar store to pick up a cheapo sunscreen for car windows that's made outta mesh.....

Targets are also in dire need of some stickerage - going to put bullet holes on the standup targets for the shootout and B - (target graphic) - O - N - D on the targets beneath the satellite.

Am on the hunt for a satellite - Amazon has this one:

(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004G7MWFO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl)

But I'm holding off cause I don't know the exact measurement of the satellite itself......not given on the page.

Curiously, the good 'ol Bond car (for a reasonable price and the right size) is hard to locate - want to add one to the pf. Anyone have any leads?

I've got red LED beneath the machine - had red flipper buttons but currently fiddling with re-wiring that.

Does everyone's ball feed sound like it's going to break outta the side of the machine?? My balls feed so hard that I've placed a black rubber pad against the cabinet to forego any worsening of the dent that the balls have already made against the cabinet wall there!

Also have mirror blades, and full LED's which I need to take out - waaaay too bright, and ghosting like crazy.

-Nate

#9 10 years ago

Check your coil for the ball feed, mine was replaced with a stronger one so I changed it back. I also removed all the led flashers and order some non ghosting leds to replace the ones that are the most obvious.

I also ordered a 1/43 size die cast Aston Martin that looked very close to the one in the movie.

#10 10 years ago

Doozie, thanks for the advice! I'll check the coil to see if it's a stronger one.

Still looking for the Aston Martin.......

#11 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure he Bond drives a BMW z3 in goldeneye. Also my kick out is very strong as well. Would love to see The LEDs and mirror blades thinking about that for mine as well.

#12 10 years ago

I'll shoot some pics, you're right, the Z3 is there, but there's a shot of the good 'ol Aston Martin (isn't it on the backglass there in the bottom right?).

Gameplay question - you have the ability to terminate the Tank Multi-Ball by pulling the gun's trigger once you get Tank Multi-Ball going. Why would you want to terminate this multi-ball??

#13 10 years ago

Hi Guys, I am still looking for a goldeneye close to west MI. I would like a gottlieb also.
I just stripped a 007 gottlieb pf (to restore the pf) and I listed the pf parts on ebay. I have the plastics also but have not listed them yet because I haven't taken pics.
Just thought I would throw it out there if there are any fans of the moonraker era. here is one listing and you can click see other listings. There is a bunch of stuff from haunted house, rolling stones, 6 million dollar man, space station.
ebay.com link: itm

cheers, ron kruzman

#14 10 years ago

Bond rules !

#15 10 years ago

$T2eC16Z,!)QFIcJdw68eBS(VKFjn8w~~60_3.jpg$T2eC16Z,!)QFIcJdw68eBS(VKFjn8w~~60_3.jpgwebdb5-f355-goldeneye-455.jpgwebdb5-f355-goldeneye-455.jpg

The only difference is the plate number of BMT 214A and BMT 216A.

#16 10 years ago

He did drive an Aston Martin DB5 in Goldeneye too,
Actually the DMD animation is movie correct (racing against the Xenia in the Ferrari 355, Which in reality would destroy a DB5)
and even the sound extract "James is it really necessary to drive so fast?" is from the Aston-Ferrari scene,

Q is who provides him with his Z3 for the Cuba mission

But its pretty easy to find small scale Aston's and Z3's
I actually think I have a few of them in my Bond collection in the attic, I'll dig the box up, Pretty sure I have a Ferrari too,

#17 10 years ago

From what I understand the reason for the difference in number plates was because the Aston Martin registered as BMT 216A was stolen at the time of filming,

In England the number plate stays with the car its whole life and transfer from owner to owner,
Its like a VIN number
You can also tell the year of the car from its number plate too,
For instance to us Brits this DB5 would be known as an "old" A reg

#18 10 years ago
#19 10 years ago

Love this game!

Can someone with a goldeneye please take a picture of the trapdoor thing under the tank?
Mine is disconnected and I want to see how the mech is connected.

image-244.jpgimage-244.jpg image-146.jpgimage-146.jpg
#20 10 years ago

Just got off work can get you pics tomorrow. Kruzman PM sent on those plastics, and curious about the playfield too.

#21 10 years ago

That would be much appreciated

#22 10 years ago

I'm a huge Bond fan. I really wish Stern or JJP would do a new James Bond pin. I would love one based on the Bond franchise and not just a single movie.

#23 10 years ago

Agreed, my thoughts are kind of similar to either a doctor who where you feature all of the bonds over time, or even a Transformers style with one side being the different bonds and the other side being the most famous villans.

#24 10 years ago

Ok, Doozie where'd you get that car???

Here's the Z3 - but nowhere near as "iconic"

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/detail.aspx?itemfind=CORGITY95502

#25 10 years ago

Thats funny, two days ago I finally took my goldeneye appart to clean everything. My ramps looks great now!
Also fun to take it appart never done that before! 25 years of dusk!
I miss my old gottlieb bond, had to sell it a few months ago.

Greetings from the netherlands,

BasD

#26 10 years ago

Greetings BasD! My ramps have been flame polished, although, unfortunately, the middle ramp has a crack along the bottom right - that ramp really gets hammered if you don't hit the entrance just right.....the two guard targets being on either side of it don't help as well.
I just stuck a piece of clear packing tape against the cracked area, it's pretty much an invisible fix. But what I also did is to take some of the tension off of the sides of the ramp (so it won't flex outwards) by taking a thin wire and stringing it across the top of the ramp - attached by the two screws that hold the metal ramp gaurds in place - and "pinching" the sides of the ramp in a bit - sort of like tensioning a bridge.

Seems to help.

#27 10 years ago

eBay Aston Martin

ebay.com link: itm

#28 10 years ago

^^^ hmmmm ^^^ forgot to mention ebay is not an option - no Paypal for me..................just by choice!

#29 10 years ago

Love me some Goldeneye and hope to own one someday.

or one of the best video games of all time:

never10.jpgnever10.jpg

#30 10 years ago

Started shopping out my HUO Goldeneye and thought I'd share a few pics
Total playfield tear down and rebuild,
New rubbers going in, few little upgrades too,
Playfield was treated to a full polish and so far here is how it's coming along

Will finish rebuilding it this weekend and I'll get pics along the way

image-312.jpgimage-312.jpg
image-679.jpgimage-679.jpg
image-815.jpgimage-815.jpg
image-78.jpgimage-78.jpg

#31 10 years ago

Nice playfield! No crotch-rot??

#32 10 years ago

Nope zero wear anywhere,
Same with the cab, no flipper button wear

Been in a private home all its life and has 1300 plays

#33 10 years ago

How do you get it to shine like that.

#34 10 years ago

I polished the playfield,

Used a porter cable random orbit polisher, Meguairs burgundy pad with Menzerna super intensive polish, Followed by nano polish, followed by Novus #2 followed by Menzerna field glaze, and sealed with 3 coats of Zymol Glasur wax

I'm also into car detailing so it helps having a lot of different types of polish and wax available

#35 10 years ago

So a couple of coats of wax by hand is a waste of time.

#36 10 years ago

The key to a stunning finish is preparation,
If you wax over dirt its only going to trap the dirt, I also clayed the playfield and got up a lot of embedded contaminants,
Makes the playfield feel as smooth as glass, then the polishing begun,
Wax is a final product, or "lsp" for us detailing freaks

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Started shopping out my HUO Goldeneye and thought I'd share a few pics
Total playfield tear down and rebuild,
New rubbers going in, few little upgrades too,
Playfield was treated to a full polish and so far here is how it's coming along
Will finish rebuilding it this weekend and I'll get pics along the way

image-679.jpg 243 KB

image-312.jpg 214 KB

image-815.jpg 265 KB

image-78.jpg 264 KB

Damn nice looking goldeneye!
That pf looks brand spanking new!

Can I ask you...
How is the trap door under the tank connected?
Washer and super small e-clip?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Damn nice looking goldeneye!
That pf looks brand spanking new!
Can I ask you...
How is the trap door under the tank connected?
Washer and super small e-clip?

I'll get a pic for you as mines in bits so that should help visualize it,
I know the top right ramp flap is held by a small e-clip, as is the satellite rod,
The tank flap I'll have to check

#39 10 years ago

By far the nicest one i have ever seen...congrats on that wicked score Starscream !

#40 10 years ago

Ok so the shop job is complete and I'll share some pics

Firstly I did a few mods I like to do with games,
I color coordinated the pop bumper skirts red to match the caps
If I could find the bodies in red too I'd love that, but I think that effect works nice, and obviously all new white rubber,
I flame polished the ramps and waxed them so they are nice and clear,
I also added red star posts to match the whole red theme,

(More to come)

image-926.jpgimage-926.jpg
image-852.jpgimage-852.jpg
image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg
image-980.jpgimage-980.jpg
image-659.jpgimage-659.jpg
image-826.jpgimage-826.jpg
image-188.jpgimage-188.jpg

#41 10 years ago

Ok I also replaced the flipper bats with new white "Sonic" versions
These are the correct ones for this game and are becoming hard to find, I may even grab another set
They were then re-stickered and super bands were added,

Also replaced the leg bolts with shiny new ones, also note that "dent" in the side of the cab isn't a dent, it's where SEGA stamp the serial number of the cab so here's some pics of that coming along

(One more pic set to follow)

image-858.jpgimage-858.jpg
image-865.jpgimage-865.jpg
image-366.jpgimage-366.jpg
image-737.jpgimage-737.jpg
image-342.jpgimage-342.jpg
image-25.jpgimage-25.jpg

#42 10 years ago

And finally the finished game all clean and ready to get some play

This is such a fantastic game and being such a hardcore bond fan it makes it all that special to me,
This ones never leaving,

image-458.jpgimage-458.jpg image-164.jpgimage-164.jpg image-428.jpgimage-428.jpg image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg image-358.jpgimage-358.jpg image-234.jpgimage-234.jpg image-712.jpgimage-712.jpg image-232.jpgimage-232.jpg image-819.jpgimage-819.jpg image-858.jpgimage-858.jpg image-37.jpgimage-37.jpg image-631.jpgimage-631.jpg
#43 10 years ago

Also an appeal to Pinside,

Someone PLEASE come up with better apron/score cards,

I feel that would be the finishing touch to such great artwork that was drawn for this game,
Probably one of my favorite games as far as artwork goes, Might be a little bias being a Bond fan but I think they did a great job with this one

#44 10 years ago

Agreed cards would be nice. Tonight I will get some James Bond 007 Gottlieb pics up.

#45 10 years ago

Anything Bond works for me

I have a huge Bond collection, Lots of toys, memorabilia and trinkets going back to the 60's,

Also after seeing what a wonderful job Mike Chestnut did on duplicates for my Addams Family Gold machine I'm going to send him a few bits from this Goldeneye to be done in brass for more of a custom look

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Also an appeal to Pinside,
Someone PLEASE come up with better apron/score cards,
I feel that would be the finishing touch to such great artwork that was drawn for this game,
Probably one of my favorite games as far as artwork goes, Might be a little bias being a Bond fan but I think they did a great job with this one

That is freakin gorgeous ...

Dont ever let that one go, if your that much of a Bond fan, and not only that its a frickin great game too..

No matter what you paid for that it wasnt enough.. its like finding NIB....

I'm so happy you got that one instead of Hanks... Hanks is no piece of S#it, its very nice, but your is amazing...
congrats again, and enjoy...

And be glad you didnt get the TNT turd....

next to your GE, either of those woulda looked like Katrina pins.... LOL

#47 10 years ago

*cough* *cough* this IS the one from TNT

Spoke with Todd, he under described it, Didn't over sell it, and gave me a nice discount because I wanted to shop it myself, Can't speak higher of them, They didn't mess me around, I got great fast service from them,
I told him around 11PM Thursday night I wanted it, 12 Noon the next day it was delivered, brought inside and setup,
I would and will buy from them again if they have something like this for me,

It really was like new when I seen it, not a mark inside the cab, No dust, Plus it got a whole lot better after a good scrub and polish,
I will agree its the best Goldeneye I've ever seen out there, Sits very well next to my 300 play TAFG too lol,

And yup this ones never leaving, I know I'd NEVER find another one like this,

#48 10 years ago

I'm waiting for the turd reply. In the mean while where did you get the flipper decals?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

*cough* *cough* this IS the one from TNT
Spoke with Todd, he under described it, Didn't over sell it, and gave me a nice discount because I wanted to shop it myself, Can't speak higher of them, They didn't mess me around, I got great fast service from them,
I told him around 11PM Thursday night I wanted it, 12 Noon the next day it was delivered, brought inside and setup,
I would and will buy from them again if they have something like this for me,
It really was like new when I seen it, not a mark inside the cab, No dust, Plus it got a whole lot better after a good scrub and polish,
I will agree its the best Goldeneye I've ever seen out there, Sits very well next to my 300 play TAFG too lol,
And yup this ones never leaving, I know I'd NEVER find another one like this,

I was wondering if this one came from TNT. I watch their Youtube channel all the time. Congrats on a great looking game

#50 10 years ago

I bought a decal set from Marco to have as spares,
Only used the flipper decals thus far but who knows if they will ever stop producing them so I figured a set wouldn't be abad idea to have

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
3,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Okoboji, IA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.