007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 1 year ago

There aren't many data points to prognosticate about pricing for the Elwin anniversary Bond game.

The Beatles Diamond version isn't a good barometer, in my opinion, because the Diamond version is identical to the $8K Gold version, save for an alternative crystal backglass in lieu of a translite and some inconsequential other cosmetic differences. Beatles Diamond production was limited to 100 games.

A few Diamonds sold for $25+ upon release. The Platinum version, limited to 250 units, fetched in the $17K range at the start. Over time, both the Diamond and Platinum versions settled at considerably lower price points. Diamonds fell to the $13K - $16K range and Platinums to the $10K - $11K range.

In contrast, Golds could be bought NIB upon release for $7,500 and have increased in value about 10% and 20%+ with the topper. Golds were advertised as limited to 1614 games (1964 minus the Platinum and Diamond editions).

Stern's Supreme is reported to have sold for $50K. I suspect that any such sale was a publicity stunt as opposed to a legitimate purchase. Even if it was real, it was an outlier, providing no meaningful help in price formulation. Most importantly, Supreme is a niche title, with trendy appeal outside the typical pinball community. Supreme's playfield is bare and not targeted to typical pinball enthusiasts.

The Bond anniversary edition has little in common with Primus or Whoa Nellie. Arguably, it shares some commonality with other anniversary version releases. But, the others are all multilevel interpretations of cornerstone games, unlike this Elwin Bond game.

I'm guessing that the Elwin Bond anniversary edition will fetch $19,999 after the proverbial dust settles and after several collectors pay considerably more. Of course, price speculation is particularly dubious absent playfield photos and gameplay video.

1 month later
#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah, it’s a highly special and unique feature that designers and manufacturers only have about 40 years of experience with.

Actually, pinball ramps have been around at least 87 years. Here's a 1935 CCM Rapid Transit I restored years ago.

Screenshot_20221104-104248_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221104-104248_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221104-104253_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221104-104253_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221104-104340_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221104-104340_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Can you elaborate? I've never heard of Ken Head, and I can't seem to find a lick of information about him when I do a google search.

Ken is a talented restorer and a good guy. He's on Facebook.

Screenshot_20221106-202448_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221106-202448_Facebook (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ha. No doubt.
Almost forgot one thing. If you have the LE and the 60th then there will be special code and modes to unlock.
They are pulling out all the stops to ring the quinella register.

For those acquiring both the Bond LE and 60th versions, you enter an exclusive mode where you learn that Stern has the special code unlocking your wallet. ;>

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Mechanical score reels are too much of a throwback I think. This evokes the 80s, not the 60s or 70s.

How? Mechanical score reels disappeared at the end of the 1970s.

For example, 1978 Gottlieb Hit the Deck utilized faux digital score reels (mechanical in reality) to mimic the new digital technology----which would ultimately supplant the electromechanical era.

The 1980s represents the dawning of the digital age of pinball.

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I mean the layout evokes the 80s while the score reels are from an earlier age. Debatable of course; seems like something tacked on.

Got it.

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

The most enjoyable thing about this thread is evaluating whether it really should be "Stern has" or "Stern have"

It's "has," as you know. Stern is a singular entity. Equally, it's "gone," as opposed to "went," as you also know. . .another grammar faux pas littering this thread.

The Pinsiders whose primary language is other than English have a better understanding of English than most Americans. The USA education system is as broken as Stern's pricing policy.

#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Everyone has (4) Stern Bond options to choose from. Find the one that works for you!
Pro
premium
LE
60th edition

Stern exploited the "imagination phenomenon" with its anniversary edition.

We tend to fill in the blanks with our primal instincts, fears and desires. We knew that Elwin was designing the game. We learned that the game would feature a unique shot never before seen in pinball. Most of us imagined a spectacular creation. We filled in the blanks left for us by Stern.

Alfred Hitchcock understood the human psyche. That's why in the classic horror film, Psycho, the knife never actually pierces flesh. Instead, that famous shower scene is edited so that our minds create the horror.

Imagination is among the most powerful of human traits.

#4235 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

<

Hmmm. Will be in Edinburgh mid April. Looking forward to some golf.

Evidently, you'll have to look elsewhere for pork and whirlpools.

#4599 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The moaners type the same thing over and over and over and over.. Surely they have blisters on their fingers from typing so much shit. They need to change fingers to type the same things over and over and over so hopefully they run out of fingers and cannot type anymore, giving the good people a rest from all their moaning.

Kim knew what you meant to convey by the metaphor. But, the literal reading is far more entertaining.

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

In Texas, the oil barren days are pretty much gone,

The barren oil fields most likely account for the absence of oil barons. :>

3 weeks later
#5994 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Never could understand why anybody cares what someone else does with their own $$$
Eggs are overpriced too

But, are we talking about GG eggs or E eggs?

Golden Goose eggs or Easter eggs?

George Gomez eggs or Elwin eggs?

All eggs are not hatched equally, you know. . .; >

1 week later
#6388 1 year ago

Anyone know the over-under odds on the anniversary edition's power cord configuration? ;>

#6910 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I prefer my Seamaster. Was reasonably priced when I bought it. I'm out of the overheated watch market now. Got just as bad as pins!
[quoted image]

I opted for a Bond LE cornerstone. My draw to the Bond character dates back to the early/mid 1970s when, as a teenager, my dad gave me this Omega Seamaster.

For this reason, the Bond theme evokes wonderful memories of my late father. Call me sentimental. But, my dad died 23 years ago and I like wearing the watch while playing my game.

My dad's friend was Stan Harris, a prominent pinball operator/distributor in the northeast in the sixties and seventies. As a result, our family always had pinball machines in the basement. My siblings and I were very lucky.

20230225_201428 (resized).jpg20230225_201428 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=znet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.