007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 1 year ago

This will be the first time I'm truly bummed that I'm priced out of a game. All the super-pricey stuff before this I either didn't want, or happily bought a pro/prem instead.

#193 1 year ago

I hope that render is far from the final product, but I'm guessing the cabinet & translite are pretty much set. If so, for my taste, it's the worst looking pin since... Sopranos maybe? Side of the head with all that different logo typography crammed on there is sub-homebrew caliber. Absolute graphic design nightmare. So ugly that it's killing any FOMO I have for a game I will surely love to play. Will be satisfied to play this at a friend's house.

#207 1 year ago

edit: nevermind

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The pf screen really intrigues me .....wonder if it's in the playfield, size,

You don't have to wonder. George Gomez: "One of the things is it does have a display, it's got the small display from the home editions and that display is actually flat on the playfield or facing the player on the playfield."

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Why is anyone even interested in this game unless they're the biggest 500 BOND fans ever?

I don't give a shit about James Bond, same way I don't care about cybernetic dolphins, but I love playing Johnny Mnemonic. And I care a lot about a throwback pin from the all-around best player ever. I mean he won Pinburgh like half the time. Dude knows and loves his classics. It's gonna play great.

I'm a pinball guy. Seems like everyone who got into the hobby the last decade collects oversized lunchboxes.

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Would it hurt them to say about a week or about a month?

Yes. Because then if it's not announced in a week or a month, people will moan incessantly about how Stern bungled yet another launch. No real harm done, but Zach is only human and no one wants their work openly trashed.

The thing is, games launch when they launch. Us knowing when it launches doesn't let us see it any earlier. It's basically useless information. No upside to announce the announcement, only downside.

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

They need a set price on it.

If you have to ask...

2 weeks later
#863 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

When working on the Queen project at Heighway pinball, we managed to secure 15 of Queen's most famous songs for a very reasonable price.

Original recordings?

1 week later
#1023 1 year ago

Man, that's crazy, Stern should consider having ramps manufactured by the thousands instead of buying decade-old retail NOS ramps.

3 weeks later
#1173 1 year ago

Hearing some of the big hoss collectors say they're out leads me to believe this game might be a miss in that it's geared for players who would love a modern single-level KME masterpiece and can't afford it (speaking for myself), but marketed to upper echelon buyers who want to be wined & dined by ramps and a big screen that plays old movies.

1 week later
#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This is the week boys, I can feel it
And if it's not this week, then maybe next week. I can feel it!

Speaking as someone with an office job, none of us do jack shit (without a gun to our head) the week before or after xmas, so the reveal is either this week or next year.

1 week later
#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Why release something in the last week before Xmas?

Only reason I can think of is maybe they're contractually obligated to launch it during the 60th anniversary year.

1 week later
#1480 1 year ago

I set the line at 3.5 new threads started about this game and/or its price during CES week. Over or under? Place your bets!

#1498 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m excited for the Bond 60th just because of ALL the assets.

I fear a lot of you guys are gonna be disappointed when you realize "assets!" do not always refer to video clips. When they said it's going to represent every film, could be as simple as a weapon on an insert. Anyone who expects some kind of Batman '66 codestravaganza with a unique mode or two for each villain, godspeed.

#1517 1 year ago

Less than a week until price speculation ends, hallelujah.

#1518 1 year ago

...then, let the coil counting begin!

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Does this include at least one owner's thread that won't be able to be created yet?

Yes, the second anyone orders it from Stern at 9 AM on January 3rd, "owners" will pounce.

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You gotta love that theme first and foremost.

Maybe you do. Not everyone is a lunchbox collector. I've been in the hobby long enough to remember loving great games based on garbage movies I don't care about (Congo, Shadow, JM, DM). Even a "great" film like Jurassic Park, at the end of the day, I don't really care about a popcorn movie I haven't seen in 25 years. But the game is phenomenal, and nailed to my floor.

Bond 60th SLE will live or die for me based on layout, code, art, callouts, music and that indescribable special sauce, the feeling you get playing a game where it all comes together. If I just wanted to watch movies, I could save a whole lot of money.

#2020 1 year ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

This looks like the lowest budget build they have ever made

Sic 'em, coil counters.

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

a run of just 500 that I will likely never get to shoot.

500 is a lot, you'll get to sooner or later. I've played plenty of machines with smaller runs, even a few worth over $20k. If you get around in the hobby you'll play 'em all eventually.

#2310 1 year ago

Just missed my chance to buy Keith this for xmas.
reel.jpgreel.jpg

#2348 1 year ago

Since they (Stern or licensor, whoever) wanted the SLE to be retro, why not make the cornerstone the "all six Bonds" model and have this one just Connery? It's weird to have those ultra-modern Daniel Craig film posters on the side of a game with score reels.

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Would be a great start for my GWAR Homebrew.

GWAR for the 4-bank, PIT for the 3-bank, spinning Cuttlefish of Cthulhu in place of the hat, shut up and take my money!

Topper that squirts fake blood (or worse) when you get a replay. Maybe even Sleazy P. Martini in a tuxedo as a wink to the original. The possibilities are endless.

#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think just a certificate, so you can show your date you have an actual Bond 60th limited game, and not a Chinese bootleg.

Yeah, I always thought it was hilarious that the certificate of authenticity is easily the most counterfeitable part of the whole package. I'd have a harder time sourcing cardboard to make the box. If you can copy a Stern game so well that I need to see the certificate, you win.

#2431 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Why did Gomez say jaws is in this game for example?

He's on the playfield with some kind of associated spinner mode. But these days apparently nothing counts unless it's a copy & paste video clip, the absolute least creative way to integrate assets.

Quoted from Dan1733:

I would’ve been in, if this had even the barest movie assets on the LCD.

They might still be on the way. Code for the cornerstone game is embryonic and that thing shipped like 6 weeks ago. I wouldn't hold my breath for updates on the SLE.

#2704 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Most top end Bond collectors will buy all 4 games,

I'm clueless about this Bond collector world, so tell us, how many are top end enough to buy four pinball machines, three of which are nearly identical, especially to a non-pinhead? Are we talking five guys, ten, a secret cabal of a hundred rich lunatics?

#2711 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

spinny hat straight from GnR.

I keep hearing this, but I played JJPGnR last night and the hat doesn't spin. Much better kinetic theme integration to have Oddjob's hat that actually flies & spins in the movie to spin on the playfield. Why is Slash's hat floating over a disc, they're both round? Okay, sure.

For my spinnage, the AIQ disc blows Slash out of the water anyway. So fast they coded a tachometer for it.

#2750 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The current 007 60th limited edition Anniversary Omega Seamaster is £142,000 and the waiting list to get one is 6 years, well Omega won't actually tell you that, but the AD's will. So these pinball machines here are cheap in comparison.

Six-figure watches don't take an entire room to display, so I'd still wager under ten Bond collectors buy all four of these relatively cheap machines. Not that it's a bet we could ever settle.

Wouldn't be surprised if many of the wealthy Bond watch buyers are already just "watch guys" in general. Easy to store, don't break as often as pinball, easy to show off in public, will actually impress your fellow multinational capitalists without having to explain wtf a ping pong machine is.

#2753 1 year ago

This game will 100% be on location at a few places.

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

is this why Gary finally decided to jump ship?

Yeah I bet Gary hates that they're selling more pins for more profit than ever in his 35 years at the company, especially a game based on the hit film franchise of his youth.

#2803 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why? Who cares?
Go watch the movies if you want to see them.

Preach! Unfortunately you and I are in the minority. Nothing sweeter to a modern collector than the hit of pure nostalgic dopamine that only a video clip can deliver.

#2811 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Why would anyone assume that this reasonably communicated there would be a tiny cut and paste on the playfield?

Why would anyone assume it means there's a video clip of him? It is first and foremost a machine, a game. If he's on the machine, or a part of the game in any capacity, he's "there."

#2815 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

This is Gary's company with his name on it... you see it as "selling at more profit", yet we have 57 pages of mostly pissed off pinball fans criticizing how Stern (the last name of Gary BTW) is cash grabbing with a garbage offering.

We have 57 pages of people pissed about some aspect of every single game they release, yet they continue to sell more units for more money and are in the process of moving to a factory double the current size. They're too busy counting money to sweat the haters.

#2820 1 year ago

I guess if you guys want video clips on every screen you'll have to go to the gas station, my local one blares ads the whole time you're at the pump, insufferable.

#2824 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Why would we need to "assume" anything?

You don't! You can wait them to reveal the whole shebang, and in the four month interim, live your life.

#2826 1 year ago

Not gonna lie Levi, this actually pretty fun, I get it now.

#2838 1 year ago

Imagine if Multimorphic ever gets a hot film license where they can play the entire movie on the playfield while you knock the ball around. Cash money, baby.

#2846 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Would have MUCH rather seen this screen on the apron like Fathom

Part of me would like it on the apron to keep playfield art unmolested, but that's not really in my line of sight, so I'd have to divert my attention away from the playfield to read it. Kind of like how the IC scanner light doesn't bother me at all because I'm never looking there.

#2935 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I see 4 gadgets and a total of 6 villains/henchmen on the playfield. That's not representing all of the films.

This answer will satisfy none of the "assets!" crowd, but in the podcast interview they said there are several more gadgets to collect in the game beyond the four on the playfield. After you get those, you continue down a list and IC keeps track until you collect them all, something like that.

#2937 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

if I'm an "ultimate James Bond fan" (to use a phrase from the flyer) and want to celebrate 60 years of the franchise, how does this game do that exactly?

I mean, it can't. It's one game, and a retro one at that. "Ultimate fans" of anything are never satisfied. It's part of their schtick.

#3711 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I used to chat on the internet using IRC chat and your ID or “handle” had a finite character length of 9 characters max. This is the exact reason my “handle” is spelled with only one “B”

I just assumed you were a big Michael Buble fan.

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I wonder if I can scalp my raffle entry!

Probably! It's funny, nobody wants one for $20k but are tripping over each other at $40k. Amazing what lotteries due to the human brain.

#3810 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It a an idiot tax and I was happy to pay it.

To be fair it's also for a great charity, so I certainly don't fault anyone for ponying up.

#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

If Stern had theoretically made 500 of these but set the price at 7k what does everyone guess the aftermarket resale price would be up to at this point?

$12k

#4492 1 year ago

Took my usual weekend pinside sabbatical and came back to 670 new posts here. Man, we have some feelings about this game.

#4723 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I would have hidden it in the back box, only visible if you open the back box in case you want to access statistics or change settings.

Can you imagine the thousands of extra posts calling for Stern's collective head if they hid a screen in the backbox? Pinside would have to upgrade its server. (totally agree that the current implementation is not ideal though)

#4772 1 year ago

The "exclusive" list also included upgraded audio, HD glass, and a shaker. Did you guys think those were also truly exclusive? No alarm bells went off?

#4777 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm on the side of people seeing "Exclusive topper" tied to 60th Anniversary Bond as being exclusive to that model.

Sure, but did they think the upgraded audio, HD glass, and shaker were also exclusive? Or did they just see what they wanted to see?

Either way, sounds like Stern is honoring cold feet, so no one's stuck with the horror of owning a topper that poor people are also allowed to buy.

#4799 1 year ago

Everything's relative.

"If Bill Gates woke up tomorrow with Oprah's money, he'd jump out a window and slit his throat on the way down." - Chris Rock

#4900 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll attempt to spin a thread up tonight (if one doesn't already exist) to try to discuss other things, pre-owners club (example = Aurich's rules post w zero traction, shot layouts w minimal, etc.).

Why can't you just talk about it here? What makes you think a new thread with less traffic will spur more discussion? Resist forum clutter!

#5370 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I thought it was already established that there is just a cheap piece of aluminum in there to frame up the score reels?

Metal is expensive! Probably a piece of clear acrylic with faux brushed metal printed on it, like a giant playfield plastic.

Reminds me of when people accused White Castle of using worms for meat and the CEO was like, "are you kidding me? Worms are expensive."

#5500 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If “all Bond assets” means displaying it on the artwork and used in “achievements” then it is what it is.

Congratulations on reaching stage five: acceptance.

1 week later
#5821 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

GG on the Marcos stream said the 60th will ship at 1.0

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Perhaps because the scope of the code will be SS-era simple.

Also maybe because half the guys who buy this won't know you can even update a pingpong machine.

#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For some reason, humans simply cannot compare anything to ANYTHING unless it’s a car. I have no idea why this happened, or when.

Easy; cars are the default first-world hobby. For uninteresting people, their only hobby. Most of us have one or at least ride in one near-daily. It's the most expensive thing many will ever own outside of a home. Most people, especially dudes, in the western world become a car person at some point. I mean, who would spend that kind of money without "doing the research?" I'd wager the majority of adolescent/teen boys have a dream car before a learner's permit.

We drool over their gizmos, bells & whistles, pretty paint jobs, but at its core it's just a large mechanical device with a simple job. We usually buy a larger, more expensive, flashy one than we need to get the job done, and just more of them than we need period. Sound familiar?

At today's pin prices I can't believe every argument isn't a cargument. Send me that grant money.

#5959 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Perhaps this is big in the Amish community?

Pamco Contact is the Model T of bagatelles. Solenoids?!? Curse ye, devil.

#6133 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hell for $20k they could have included a real individual chime box from each manufacturer…

Sweet idea. I want that Williams "chime" that sounds like someone banging the shit out of a pail with a hobby hammer when you rip the spinner.

#6159 1 year ago

At least pick a late '90s rave culture appropriate drug.

#6298 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The large spinning disk sucked on GNR

…but the disc on AIQ was pretty great. You can probably guess which style KME used here.

#6488 1 year ago

Also need one for settings, diagnostics, audits, etc. I've never gone into settings on a Whoa Nellie but I bet it sucks.

#6699 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It matters if that means you have half the chance of actually seeing one in the united states then fifty percent means something.

It doesn't mean anything. A big chunk of all games go overseas. This only comes up when someone wants to cut the scarcity of their rare item in half to make it feel more special. At least four of my local friends are getting a Bond 60th. 500 is a lot no matter how you slice it.

#6743 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or a low-end 1964 Stratocaster?!!!!

I'm here for any and all guitarguments!

How many Gretsch white falcons can I get for the price of a JB007SLE60? Always kinda wanted one even though I don't really play anymore.

#6765 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I wanna know where the 60th superfans came from in the chat?

Regular viewers of deadflip or just pinball streams in general know it's a rah-rah kinda space where negativity is frowned upon if not blocked/banned.

#6803 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'm probably to blame for the LCD in the playfield idea,

Stop it man, I can't breathe.

#6807 1 year ago

Hey guys, in case you were wondering:

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It is a single level playfield for $20000.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

it's single level and $20000.

Now that we have that sorted, would anyone be willing to have a few beers and play it on location?

#6880 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I don’t think you, or most anyone else in this thread actually understands the complexities of brand licensing on a global scale in the mixed medium world of pinball.

In his case he actually does.

#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

Ultimately it was not used because the licensor opted for historical assets.

I think that's what he meant by rejected. Relax, man.

#6903 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

This machine either sells for $20k and Stern makes some profit, or they sell it for $6K and scalpers make a profit.

There are definitely no numbers between six and twenty.

#6959 1 year ago

Stellar Wars is fun! Same layout for every Stern game, not so much.

1 week later
#6999 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

The gameplay and layout is simply spectacular. Played with friends all night for dollars and the game continuously kept you coming back for one more.

Played the same machine with this guy last night, and couldn't agree more. I had high hopes; they were exceeded. Just a blast to play. Spinners for daaays. So satisfying to get all 5 spinners (including the hat) going for the IC achievement.

1 week later
#7110 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LOL are you joking?! the only thing you can't buy is time.

He said class, not ass. I would agree you can't buy class or taste.

#7135 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The personal attacks on individuals choosing to purchase a game really need to stop.

I bought one and do not feel attacked in any way by anything in this thread. Aurich made the #1 mistake when talking about rich people; he said the word "rich." To a man, every single affluent person I know hates being called the r-word. I hope to have that problem someday.

2 weeks later
#7159 1 year ago

Thanks! Will keep an eye on that area.

11 months later
#7207 22 days ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Anyone come across this and have any tips to fix?

Yes! Replace the black rubber post sleeve at the top of the left orbit/lane for an aftermarket silicone one. Stern uses tapered post sleeves which are fatter at one end, and slightly thicker in the middle where the ball strikes. It’s just enough to kick the ball right of the scoop. Changed mine and the shot went from like 10% success to near perfection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Contact
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.