007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phoenixpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

If you took away the scoring reels, armor and topper wouldn't this game resemble a home pin? A typical Pro model would have more than this game at that point, right?

Not saying the price is fair, but the answer to your question is very much NO. What pros have 10 drop targets and 4 opto spinners (which do cost several times more than regular spinners)?

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

You wanna get personal with me? I will accommodate you, but it’s going to make an ugly thread uglier.
I’ve tried saying nothing about the personal attacks here. That’s done with.

Honestly I think it’s pretty cool that you tweeted at the guy that helped build cool fast cars and reusable rockets and he tweeted back at you. I’d be proud of it.

I do agree the personal attack nonsense has to stop. We are all here to hate pinball, not hate on each other.

#4104 1 year ago

I would like to formally applaud the negativity of this thread. When the game came out I was on the fence but did consider buying it at 20k, in part due to FOMO. I’m not a ‘flipper’ but I like to buy games, have fun for 1-2 years, and sell them. I don’t mind losing $1-2k when I do even. The tsunami of negativity helped convince me I would lose much more than that if I were to sell the game in the future. You negative bastards saved me thousands of dollars. Time for me to donate to pinside.

#4312 1 year ago

if you ask me, liver cancer is the real over-priced, asset-free, ugly, poorly marketed, manufactured rarity, non exclusive toppered, art-bladeless home-pin villain in all this…

#4418 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I know you guys would rather stick red hot needles into your testicles than ever play a virtual pinball game

Put me down for both

#4808 1 year ago

Several true announcements that summarize all of this thread within just myself:
- I agree with nearly all comments on the negatives of this game
- I just got a nice deal on one of these and said yes, tho it is still overpriced and I assume I'll lose money when I sell it in the future
- I am what is wrong with pinball, I'm ruining this hobby for others and Stern will keep doing this to us
- I am excited! It looks like a lot of fun!
- I wish they made those reels look more like reels

Humans are a walking contradiction...

#5054 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

this could be the trajectory of the industry where “less is more” “for much more”

Quoted from Daditude:

This is how I see the hobby dwindling

Funny how many comments there are that this industry is now over, jumped the shark and on the verge of extinction. Yet when a packed Godzilla was released ~1 year ago and voted best game ever and production still can’t keep up, not as many comments on here saying “pinball is on fire, greatest time to be in this hobby, and it’s attracting so many new players!”

It’s almost as if internet forums attract negative opinions at a rate disproportionate to reality.

#5062 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So your argument is JB60SLE is “packed”?

No.

My argument is: you can reasonably hate a game yet the jump to conclusions on an entire industry based on that (limited run) game seems far-fetched, particularly when there are more examples of contemporaneous games with higher production runs, more toys, cheaper prices, and sold out stock that don’t seem to hold the same power to draw opposite conclusions.

#5147 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol "hundreds of dollars"... which in this hobby buys you half a topper and a few spare flipper rubbers. But in all seriousness, disc golf has a SUPER low barrier of entry. Walmart and Dick's are even selling the Innova Starter Packs for like $30 which is more than enough to start playing. Dick's then has a rack of premium individual discs too. But the better deals are online from places like MarshallStreetDiscGolf.com.
You're amazement at the number of discs he buys (which my friends do too!) probably pales to the looks we get when friends see our collections and then learns how much they cost. When I toured the PDGA regionally I ended up with hundreds of discs... but their value back in 2010 was like $10-15/ea. Sure I have a few unthrown rare ones which would be like having a NIB LOTR nowadays... but in that hobby that just means it's like a $150 disc. I could sell my bins of discs and barely buy a players Flash.
I used to compete with a bag of 22 discs. 5 long, 5 med, 5 short (each group having each a very left, left, straight, right, very right flight path), plus 4 special discs, plus 3 backups of discs I couldn't afford losing mid-round. Many do something similar. But if you ever had a Fiddlehead IPA can and see the owner Matty O's name on the back, he's known for basically playing entire tournaments with just a Discraft Meteor (like playing golf with just a 7 iron) and could hold his own in the Pro division. It was cool to watch someone trust one disc for every possible shot.
Ok, that's my disc talk for the day. We haven't seen jack for additional gameplay footage, live stream, or unboxings yet, so there's really nothing else to talk about until then...

I have no idea what most of these words mean, but it’s honestly fun to hear the rabbit hole of other hobbies once in a while.

3 weeks later
#5874 1 year ago

I'm just a normal guy that bought the Bond60th. No porsche here. Haven't yet got the notice of shipment.

#5922 1 year ago

Again, just a regular Bond60th purchaser here.

I agree with everyone:
- this game is overpriced
- we can assume very few assets
- people understandably want Stern not to sell out the overpriced games with few assets and bad art and no streams because that may re-direct their business model towards a better, cheaper product
- the game will shoot well and I'm excited

#5973 1 year ago

In my humble opinion, that’s an odd way to rate a game though certainly your prerogative.

I wonder how you’d rate other games associated with crimes and assorted bad deeds - alien, ghostbusters, creature etc.

Or movies or paintings or music. I guess I’ve always focused my rating on the game itself, as the criteria of the rating suggest.

1 week later
#6165 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We are in for a 60th and we think the song is awesome...

Same and agree. Yes, I do think it would be great to have all Bond movie music play in the background (and will try to figure out how to do that on my own) but I dig this version of the song for a fast playing game. The lack of video assets part I honestly don't care about - hard to imagine the role of video assets on a game with <1 minute ball times.

#6169 1 year ago

Totally agree Stern should show video, and that you can wait and buy one if you’d want (not that you’d want to). But I’m really excited! I’m one of the jerks that’s happy to overpay for an Elwin single level with lots o’ spinners.

#6466 1 year ago

If you bought this game because you wanted a fast, fun single level layout with lots of ripped spinners and modern snappy flippers, yet with a quirky scoring reel and a more complex ruleset than other single levels, you will be happy you bought the game. This fits my description.

If you are expecting music, video assets, display animations, better art, theme integration, ramps, or cheaper pricing you will be disappointed. Or you will be happy you didn't buy the game and will continue to call the ones that did crazy.

Should be a fun stream!

#6592 1 year ago

Yea not understanding the vindication part

#6665 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Touch some fucking grass.

Lol this line got me. If I could thumbs up thrice I would.

#6707 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's why their contract games are so expensive... low volume means high per unit overhead costs and opportunity cost vs building other stuff. Stern charges an extra 10k on this title, but the upside is fixed. The pricing is in part because of that 'hit' they expect to take producing a low volume product.

This exactly. I get the sense that people on this forum look at the lack of ramps and immediately think the game must be cheap to make. But it’s not.
- low volume means high per unit costs
- this game actually does have much more in it than a pro (there is no pro with 10 drop targets, 4 opto spinners, and newly designed mechanical reels)

This is not a defense of the price they are charging nor the value of the game we collectively perceive. Or even whether it’s a good game. This is just the truth that a 500 total run of a game with these features is not as cheap to make as some might suppose. This is not a repurposed home pin layout game with limited features. Still not defending 20k but keep in mind many got it a few grand under that price.

#6746 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So we want to say a new take on ancient pinball tech is what justifies the price?

I am very much NOT saying the price is justified. I agree it is not justified.

I am saying the per unit cost on these games is higher than a pro.

#6747 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Keith & George looked embarrassed.

Also, I feel like everyone saying this is projecting an analysis that wasn’t there

#6757 1 year ago

It really is interesting how people value different things in a pinball machine. It’s not that I hate movie clips and wouldn’t want them, it’s just that I rank them the lowest of things I’m looking for. I’m glad we all want different things. Spice of life and all that jazz…

#6777 1 year ago

I think that despite the high cost of the game, you couldn’t charge more than $1 on route because it’s such a fast player. Plus it would only attract the pinball diehards, while the regular folk would look at it and be quite confused why it’s so much more to play than all the other games that visually seem to have more in them.

#6859 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Even if you're not picky about this stuff which would you rather see on the screen?

As an owner, I can say I easily prefer yours. The effort put into the display screams 1/10.

#6861 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That might be an easy Pinball Browser fix?

Honestly I know very little about pinball browser but if it lets you change the display and add in all Bond theme songs I’m in all day

1 week later
#6982 1 year ago

I get my game tomorrow and I do expect to be biased. Anytime any collectible in any hobby costs way more than the usual collectible, you can’t get an unbiased review from the buyers or non-buyers.

I’m ok with that. If you’re gonna have a bias, it’s fun to have a positive one!

#6988 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

NOBODY I know would look at a Godzilla Premium, then this machine, and totally choose this over Godzilla.

I would and did because I can and do play Godzilla everywhere, but this looks fun and I won’t get to play it anywhere else. Maybe you should know more people?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Contact
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phoenixpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=phoenixpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.