007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dan1733.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#672 1 year ago

The opportunity to own the most rare Elwin game ever is enough. All will sell. Quickly. And expensively.

2 weeks later
#867 1 year ago

There were/are thousands of BM and EHOH premiums. You want to play the game, you don’t need the LE or SLE.

There are only 500 of this one. Period.

All will sell quickly.

#870 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Is that a fact?
You buying one?
Or is your buddy a distributor…. Lol.

Yes!

#937 1 year ago

I love the Beatles. But my vote -- not a ramp.

Bond 60 will look good next to Beatles if they are the same size cab

2 weeks later
#1118 1 year ago

who is asking 35?

There is zero chance they are advertised, much less sold, at 35

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is this really the “hype thread”. If it is there is none left.
Call me a cynic, but I believe Stern is making sure the Distros are collecting the LE $$ first. To do that they have to start shipping those games
And they probably are in a pickle trying to figure out what to price it at.

Me too. I’m tired of waiting for both games. Foolishness.

1 week later
#1187 1 year ago

To me, that is the worst

It won't be enough to pay 20++ to get the game. Still need Stern insider connect to get all of the content for the game. Ugh.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t get that either.
Maybe they think that’s the appeal for the huge price tag. All Bond content?
Also seems a bit wasted on the mini pf screen but let’s see
Charging much more for a less featured game makes no sense.
500 is a ton of pins. I’m a broken record
That guarantees that there will be plenty available on the secondary market for less ultimately.
Flippers should tread lightly here or get their ass handed to them

Stern probably believes, reasonably, that 99% of the appeal is Elwin. Wouldn't work with any other desiner.

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It was and I am kinda hoping it falls through. I see it going higher.
Your prediction was going much lower remember that?

Keep us posted on this. I am curious whether you get it sold for 24k, which I would have thought was impossible. GLWTS.

#1290 1 year ago

Hang in there.

I feel like an Elwin masterpiece is near

#1353 1 year ago

1352 posts

Man, I thought we'd have at least one additional pic by now.

#1364 1 year ago

Yes!!!!!!

1 week later
#1442 1 year ago

Only took 1439 posts to get a piece of legit news about this game.

#1452 1 year ago

So, how many are in on this game 100%?

Whatever it final form based on the single (likely quite accurate) picture that leaked, whatever its likely cost?

#1459 1 year ago

Agreed, but every other LE has been accompanied by an endless number of pros and pres.

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I thought it would be best to separate out this Elwin game from the Gomez design
>Mr. Keith Elwin has designed a fourth model of James Bond and it's what we call the 60th-anniversary edition. His game covers all of the actors that have played the role and all of the films so I believe it's 25 films. His game spans the 25 films and his game is very different, I think it's limited to 500 units and it's a single-level playfield like old school. It's got reels in the back box. Yes, you heard me right, it's got reels in the back box. Programmed by Mark Penacho who goes back to Williams Electronics days.
>The art on his game is all 25 films are represented with their film posters on the sides of the game, on the playfield every actor that's played Bond, Connery, Pierce Brosnan, George Lazenby, of course, Daniel Craig, Roger Moore, they’re all represented on the playfield. Then there's elements he's got villains from each of the Bonds and he's got game features from each of the Bonds. His gadgets and his weapons and stuff work differently than mine but he's basically picked a representative device from each.
It's officially "call for pricing"
Also known details: in line drop targets, drop targets banks, 4 opto spinners (one like Odd Job's hat), saucers, newton ball

Very first post. Containing 99% of everything we know about the game today.

#1499 1 year ago

I've seen no evidence they will be 40. Or 30. Or necessarily 20-plus.

I get it, all we can do is speculate, but what information suggests the game will be priced at nearly this range?

#1525 1 year ago

So, this is in the category of literally nothing else to talk about until January 3

Am I the only one who is disappointed that the SLE backglass will apparently use the same Connery art as the LE? If the game is 30k, we couldn't get literally one new/different picture of connery for the blackglass?

I know, stupid first world problems.

But still....

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s a totally different game. You seem to be mistaken.
This isn’t about the Gomez Bond LE. There is no SLE of that game. The backglass of this will feature all the Bonds of the last 60 years. Early concept/render earlier in the thread.

So, I've posted here from time to time, and understand the difference between the LE and new one next week. But clarification is always appreciated.

In the leaked photo, upper left corner of the blackglass, same Connery art in the SLE as the LE.

#1726 1 year ago

I thought, “wow, 71 new posts”

“Finally another leaked pic!!!”

#1810 1 year ago

I doubt the SLE will have modes/code/video available solely to those who also bought (or later buy) an LE. How would that even be applied/enforced?

#1833 1 year ago

If I had a dollar for every time I’ve checked this thread the game would be paid for.

#1956 1 year ago

Iceman -- are you in?

#2146 1 year ago

Flyer says the LCD is used to "learn assignments"

Is there a chance there are literally no movie assets in this one??

#2420 1 year ago

What evidence is there that this game has any movie assets at all?

#2426 1 year ago

Why did Gomez say jaws is in this game for example?

I would’ve been in, if this had even the barest movie assets on the LCD.

#2434 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

He's on the playfield with some kind of associated spinner mode. But these days apparently nothing counts unless it's a copy & paste video clip, the absolute least creative way to integrate assets.

They might still be on the way. Code for the cornerstone game is embryonic and that thing shipped like 6 weeks ago. I wouldn't hold my breath for updates on the SLE.

The flyer says nothing about movie assets on the LCD. Says the LCD gives assignments. Isn't this probably conclusive that there are zero movie clips? Never will be movie clips? And fine, I concede some folks on this thread don't care about that. For 20K I care about it and, in fact, figured that's why the game would be 20k or more.

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Out of all the criticism, I still don't see why there isn't as much frustration over the lack of art blades or clarity on if we get video clips. This is crazy that we don't know if there is movie clips on a 20k game.

Is there any ambiguity here?

No video clips and no art blades.

#2468 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Call me crazy, but I don’t want movie clips. How does that add or remove value from a game anyways?
If I want to watch the movies I will watch the movies. I want to play awesome pinball and this looks awesome.

True, and we could also play pinball without any LCD screens. Or flippers.

#2743 1 year ago

Maybe, just maybe, this game is like every other purchase of a good or service in the history of the world.

You (i) have 20k in your budget and (ii) reasonably think it will bring at least 20k of pleasure to look at or play. Or one of these two elements is missing and its a pass.

So complicated.

#2785 1 year ago

Gomez said this back in September 2022:
"Then there's elements he's got villains from each of the Bonds and he's got game features from each of the Bonds. His gadgets and his weapons and stuff work differently than mine but he's basically picked a representative device from each.
Like where I use the films he used the Bonds. He said, "I need a Roger thing, I need a Daniel thing, I need a Sean thing. I need a George thing"
I don't know how to interpret that. We will need to see, but I hope the gadgets have clips in the screen.
---
For video clips, I will be very VERY upset if Stern doesn't have them. The screen is in there. Other articles say that its hinted it will have clips (https://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-details-on-stern-pinball-s-new-james-bond-gamehttps://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-details-on-stern-pinball-s-new-james-bond-game) from Gomez interviews
---

My point is they built it up to be something and let peoples interpretations and assumptions make it seem like there is video clips. Sure, they never 100% confirmed it, but if they didn't clear that up before or during the sale of the machine I won't be forgiving them for this if it doesn't have clips. I have been a pretty big supporter of Stern even in this thread. I put my money down and was excited. This would rip my brand loyalty honestly. I am sure they want clips and its hard with licensing but we are paying 20k. A warning of "hey, I know we have a screen in there and we said this game would represent all the movies, but it does so only with posters, not clips" I would have been happy they told me and passed on the purchase. If they charge DLC for it... wow, that will be something.
Stern knows this is a hot topic and they are silent. That is not good.... especially after a rocky launch to begin with.

I feel your pain. If there even one video clip, wouldn't it be in the flyer? Flyer says the screens "gives assignments."

#2790 1 year ago

Problem is, the flyer comes out after you pay. It's a shitty thing to do

Correct. I one of the 50 interviews over the last four months, someone should have simply confirmed that are zero movie assets on the screen. What you see on the backless and on the playfield, that's it and that all. Music (or no music) should have been clarified too.

#2807 1 year ago

I already bought the game based on the idea there would be clips. My deposit was in before yesterday. Most/All Stern movie/show pins have clips in there right? The article from the Gomez interview i posted above says insinuates it has them too. That is my point. If it's like JP and has non-movie clips that do stuff I guess that's that. I would just be upset that interviews pointed to this having clips and nobody from Stern clearing that up. Just be honest

You are 100% in the right. The issue isn't whether the game has movie clips or not. The issue is whether clarity was provided by the company.

In one of the interviews, or maybe the reveal, Gomez smiles broadly and laughs, "Oh yeah! Jaws is in there!! How could we do a Bond pin without Jaws?"

Why would anyone assume that this reasonably communicated there would be a tiny cut and paste on the playfield?

And even today everything is intentionally vague. One video from CES... of the topper ?!?

#2823 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Why would anyone assume it means there's a video clip of him? It is first and foremost a machine, a game. If he's on the machine, or a part of the game in any capacity, he's "there."

That's my point Yancy. The game was seen four months ago. The official reveal is done. Dozens of interviews.

Why would we need to "assume" anything?

Its probably a great game without video. The point is that its BS that everything was clearly meant to be intentionally vague: from the interviews, to the sizzle reel to the flyer.

#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

You don't! You can wait them to reveal the whole shebang, and in the four month interim, live your life.

Just market it accurately.

"Buy Gomez bond for music and video and modern experience."

"Buy Elwin without music and video for old school experience."

Why is that so controversial?

#2843 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When watching that gameplay clip I felt like a PowerPoint presentation was being shown in the middle of a pinball playfield. Hope it evolves to more than what it's currently doing.

Agree

Would have MUCH rather seen this screen on the apron like Fathom

#2981 1 year ago

I can't believe we have one video and the player never hit the upper left horseshoe. Not even close. Maybe hit the spinning hat once.

#2992 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Looks like OC Pinballs had to take down their video. I have no information why but I have to assume it was Stern? If so that's BS. It's ok to ask us all to give them $20k based on two trailers but it's not ok for OC Pinballs to post a 90 second gameplay video? There were no clips or dialog from any Bond movies anywhere in that video.

is the video still posted here

#3006 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They clearly dont want people seeing gameplay before they are all sold, I wonder why that is?

Why in the world would the video be taken down? Licensor approval? There is nothing to approve.

#3082 1 year ago

Can’t wait to see topper exclusive to 60th, so that the toppers get flipped for 5k.

#3164 1 year ago

The most enjoyable thing about this thread is evaluating whether it really should be "Stern has" or "Stern have"

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the Beatles also looks better. I do wonder, if you put this pic in front of non-pinheads and told them one of these games was 5K, one was 8K and one was 20K, which one they'd assign to each price?[quoted image]

They would be shocked pinball is still produced in 2023

#3772 1 year ago

This is the weirdest game of all time. As such, I am officially in.

#3817 1 year ago

The figure 8 shot in Bond 60 isn't much different from the Colossus team-up shot in Deadpool.

Looks like KE borrowed from GG.

#4149 1 year ago

I hope stern only gets a couple hundred out and this becomes the new BBB. Will be interesting to revisit the agony of hundreds of outraged hobbyists.

#4517 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'd still pay top dollar or trade a high end pin for a Rolex GMT-Master II Lefty in green/Sprite. .
Someone mentioned why everyone wasn't so up in arms when JJP released GNR at the prices they did... well GNR was well thought out and the art/package was amazing (so much that the art/package makes up for what's missing as toys IMO). Plus, you couldn't touch a GNR for MSRP on the secondary market for about 9 months even with the playfield issues... so the market thought it was worth it. Not so much on any of these accounts with Bond..

JJP -- Immediately clear exactly what was in (and not in) TS4.

Stern -- GG: "Jaws? Oh yeah!! He's in there"

#4726 1 year ago

There's a lot of enjoyment turning them all on, even if not playing. Pop culture art.

#4758 1 year ago

"It depends on what the definition of 'is' is"

-Erik Gilly

#4771 1 year ago

So -- every single time for the rest of history, where Stern uses the word "exclusive," we will now need to ask:

1. Is Stern intending that the term be defined the same way the entire world has defined the word, since the time of its first use?

2. Or is Stern intending that the word should have its own special meaning, that is, oddly, 180 degrees opposite?

#4773 1 year ago

Some good news though

When Stern uses the word non-exclusive to define a game's feature, it may very well mean the game is the only model to include said feature.

#4879 1 year ago

I thought, "great, 12 minutes of 60 gameplay.

Nope, hiding this game for as long as possible. I bet it doesn't stream until its in an owner's house.

#4887 1 year ago

So funny listening to Sharpe describe Bond 60

"I mean look at it. Its got four legs. Its got a start button. Its got a shooter with a spring."

#5343 1 year ago

Oh man. Just when I thought this group wore itself out. And was saving up energy to effin RAGE when the game starts to ship.

Here we go again.

#5391 1 year ago

Tell him Vitty!

#5454 1 year ago

There is zero evidence this game will have movie clips. Abs zero.

#5455 1 year ago

If there were movie clips, that would have been all over the flyer. Biggest selling point.

#5517 1 year ago

Sure, lots of assets. All omitted from the flyer.

#5524 1 year ago

they abs will not stream before shipping.

#5636 1 year ago

5635 posts

why am i unable to stop checking this thread?

#5706 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

A stream of gameplay would be a foolish gamble. The hype (boosted by mystery and this very thread) will sell more pins than a reveal would. A reveal stream will stir the pot. It will call forth the haters and even the impartial, some of whom will in all likelihood find legitimate things to express concern about. Better to keep all of that under the rug and just let the mystique of a rare Elwin layout sell the pins quietly/slowly.

Agree. A stream would only confirm many of our worst fears. I predict the first stream won't be from a professional. It will be a buyer.

#5768 1 year ago

I get fooled. Every. Single. Time.

I see 28 new posts in less than an hour. "Must be new pics or video!!," I say to myself.

This thread is like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.

See you again in 45 minutes.

#5841 1 year ago

Odd timing to give up. When they literally are going on the line now.

#5855 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

It was LOTS more than 20k. Point is I am tired of waiting and I just dumped a SHIT load of cash into a sweet sweet ride.
Spring is in the air![quoted image]

Such an odd place to flex. Not sure why you had to show us all a pic of the Porsche. It probably would have been easier just to say “hey, I have 300k everybody!” But good on you. I’ll have fun playing my little pinball.

#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I just can't beleive the game is shipping an we still have no idea what it contains... video... music...

No video. Virtually no music. They said everything you need to know about the game in the flyer. If ANY of that content was present, it would have been in the flyer.

#5921 1 year ago

I still like and want the game.

But I wish I had a dollar for every post wondering aloud how much music and video we are getting. And I truly wish we were getting it. All of it. Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger. Video of Jaws sky diving into a circus test. WE ARE GETTING NONE OF IT.

But I bet it will shoot as good as any single level game ever made. And thats going to have to be enough for 20k or 17.5k etc.

Except the guy who saved his money so he could buy a 350k porsche. Hes the real winner in this thread.

#6143 1 year ago

I’m excited about the game with guaranteed zero video assets and virtually no music assets.

#6228 1 year ago

53 new posts in a matter of hours

and literally nothing in the way of photos or video of the game

same old thread. ill miss it one day....

#6398 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Bond LE is phenomenal, even in its current state.
It’s a great pin. Better than BM66 which Gomez also designed.
What does BM66 have in it? A turntable and basic layout with Lyman code. Really just a great overall pin thanks to that team.
My friend Kaneda paid $25k for an SLE and criticizes Bond for having “nothing in it”. Come on man. That’s pathetic. You paid twice what my Bond LE cost. . Gonna call out the total hypocrite.
Bond is great. Just like BM66 but BETTER. I paid $9k for the BM66LE
I think Gomez would say the same thing
Bond 60th? Find out more tomorrow.

Heresy.....

#6403 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

ill be happy to put the 'what film assets does the game contain' discussion to rest, because it sure isn't 'none'

So, I've followed this line of dialogue through many of the 6400 posts.

What evidence -- of any kind -- exists to suggest the game will have more than zero film assets?

#6405 1 year ago

The brain I possess told me the game was worth 9.5

Yet, here I eagerly wait for the stream and my (no assets) game...... :/

#6425 1 year ago

All questions answered tonight.

Its going to be bittersweet saying goodbye to this thread, with its five months of anguish and self-loathing.

Luckily I'm sure most of you will follow to the owners thread, whether you buy one or not. As we know, you won't need to buy one, to have the right to bash all the owners for another year over the game's price.

#6447 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It would be a shame if the only thing related to the best villain Jaws in the game is just an insert and tiny picture.

I think Aurich is right. Still shots are likely. How else would you know what movie, Bond or villain you are playing.
Text on the mini screen only?
That would be a head twister.

If there are still shots, we should declare victory

#6490 1 year ago

Cmon assets!!!!

#6493 1 year ago

Wow

high energy.....

#6495 1 year ago

One chance to make a good first impression

#6506 1 year ago

same photos as on the playfield

#6614 1 year ago

Might prove to be the best single level shooter of all time. If that proves correct, it will stay in my basement for a while.

#6884 1 year ago

Good to see this one keeps going.

I expected a mass migration to start bashing foo fighters. Anguish in indefinite supply.

2 weeks later
#7039 1 year ago

Can’t wait for mine tomorrow !!

1 week later
#7095 1 year ago

Checking in on the old hype threat. This game is amazing. incredibly addictive. Hope everyone gets to play it soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dan1733.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=dan1733 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.