007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

This sort of thing makes me want to give up on this hobby. I'm so tired of these limited runs and gimmicks that they use to sucker rich people. There's something really wrong with these companies when their big pitch to customers is that there is value is excluding people with less money through artificial scarcity.

Except it’s actual scarcity. Stern can literally not keep up with demand. Suppliers can’t keep up and to build and staff a new line in this economic environment would be difficult. Much easier, and more profitable, to raise prices until demand matches your capacity. Don’t see too many signs of demand dropping yet. Who knows when a less desirable title like Venom is released.

#452 1 year ago

There’s no way they can effectively utilize assets from 25 films on a single level game with a tiny on pf lcd screen. Plus the guy on code is known for late 80’s/early 90’s game code. He isn’t really known for deep lcd era theme integration.

As docquest said, expect simple but solid code. And 25 films a will be scattered around plastics, cabinet, playfield art.

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, is Lonnie doing code on this 60th, too? That seems unlikely. Given it's an Elwin pin, I would have expected maybe another collab with Rick Naegele.

No it’s the guy that did Fish Tales and whirlwind I think. Completely out of left field.

Edit: sorry, hurricane. Mark Penacho

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/mark-penacho

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, weird. Thanks for the heads-up.

Going to be interesting. Full credit to stern for going all in on retro. I like most of the games he’s worked on - haven’t really played Hurricane. Very simple. I’m assuming he and Keith will work together on the code.

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think people are way over thinking what these statements were coveying. The game 'spans all 25 films' meaning it can take from any of them, not that it's trying to do all 25 justice, etc. IMO the statement is really more about not boxing the game into one specific set of films -- not that the game is really about representing all 25 films in some equitable way.

Completely agree.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I sold my Elwin IMDN and AIQ LEs f

Have you considered getting professional help Ice?

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are great games Cookie.
But, would I trade my GZ, JP, STH,EHOH, BM66, GB, MUNSTER, TWD, AS, TBL, Alien, Wonka, GNR for a Bond 60th?
Nope. Not worth it.
The LE is $13k. I like it
The Elwin $$ grab is fine too but at what cost and 500 of them?
100% not for any of those above sight unseen.
I realize there are FOMO pumpers with an agenda here. It’s just pinball. Can’t make any more than that

I know, unfortunate reality - can't have them all. You know it's getting serious when IMDN and AIQ don't make the chop.

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Dont see that happening at all....when it's shown as a mystery at the end of the models to the right of the LE.....this could be stupidly high priced.
Whole reveal was underwhelming to me for such a big theme...idk...just a game I guess

What a sh*tshow this launch has been.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Supposedly will be shown at the 60th event in London next week. I'm not sure which one (there are several, including the auction that already happened), but the next one starts Sept 30th.

So the whole Christie’s Bond auction has already passed?

#566 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

What about mechanical reels? Has anyone established that is a thing, or should we expect display reels?
I don't see how display reels can justify a crazy price. Mechanical ones would be awesome. Thanks for the answers on reveal date.

I'm assuming they'll be like Woah Nellie ie. Fake mechanical.

image-69 (resized).jpgimage-69 (resized).jpg
#568 1 year ago

Honestly, that is still cool to me. It would be a fresh take for this age of pinball.

Agreed - even better if they put 4 in. Would be near impossible to have old style mechanical anyway.

#585 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Having code hidden away in games that only insiders can access, would be a huge mistake. They tried that shit in video games and the angry mob brought the industry to its knees.
When you sell a $12k mechanical toy, you better be sure you give the customer 100% code with no strings attached... or else.
I do like the idea of DLC in pinball though: Played the game to death? How about an extra mode for $50. I've been adding extra features and modes to old games for years now, and games like The Addams Family, Twilight Zone and Lord of the Rings, really come to life with new content.
Can be one with modern games too, like Stern's Ghostbusters... I added a 'Vigo the Cruel' mode. Why didn't they think of that?

Not only code that Insiders can access, but code that only 500 owners of the Sle can access on the regular cornerstone game. As if it’s not enough that Keiths SLE is limited to 500, parts of the unlimited game are also limited to those 500 owners. Why?!?!?!?? Ridiculous idea.

#591 1 year ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Keith's designs borrow from classic elements. With a single level game in the works, I'm very excited for this. I'm sure he'll wow us again with a good ol' fashioned out-of-the-box layout. Hope it won't be difficult to find one to play.

That’s what I love about his games, he’s not afraid to take ideas from another designers and combine them to make something new. His games absolutely have a unique and Elwin feel but he’s not too proud to borrow elements if they work and feel good to shoot. He’s played so much pinball, and at an elite level, there would be an extensive library in his head.

If I’m being honest, I’m more interested in this than the regular Bond, but I really don’t think I can justify the price.

#595 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

500 is a lot for this machine at a high price.
I don't think all the bond fans that would be interested in a pinball machine would know anything about who designed it or who did the art, etc. Its just a bond pinball machine to them. Only pinheads on here are excited about this vs that feature. The average bond fan would probably be happy with the pro and not know any difference.
For those reasons I don't think pricing will go above 14,999, and I'm still out. Someone should be running a pricing pool on here.

Agree. Every release there’s the argument “this is not for us collectors - it’s for the super fans of XXXXX theme that just want a game for the gameroom”. They never materialise.

And yep, 500 is a lot of games at stupid pricing. Remember when they increased B66 SLE from 30 to 80 (??) and everyone lost their minds?

Only unique thing here is that there will be literally only 500 of this game - no unlimited premium like b66 or Gold like Beatles. I’d want that in writing from Stern if I was going to pay the rumoured Bond SLE price.

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Negative Cookie. Regular Bond first.
Think they are over hyping an “Elwin game”
It’s James Bond first. And single level which is fine.
Do you like Beatles/sea witch?
I do. But not for the “Diamond price” when there will be 500 of them.
500 is a LOT of games.
How about 500 Beatles with no other BS levels of gold, platinum and Diamond?
That’s what this is.

You’ve also got to wonder how much effort will go into code on this. Only 500 games, presold. No Lyman. Not much incentive to go above and beyond.

1 week later
#724 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We’ve officially entered OCD land when the number of games they make is supposed to “mean something.”
500 is a nice round number and they think they can sell it. It doesn’t need any significance beyond that.
Also the Batman number was absolutely meaningless the math didn’t add up to anything beyond “we can sell 80.” You probably already forgot that their original meaningless announced number was 40 or 50 but they decided they wanted to sell more pinball machines.

Pretty sure the original number was 30 b66 SLE’s for the Stern 30th anniversary. But demand was so high (ie they had soooo many video applications) they just upped it to a random 80 - probably a mix of think we can sell and still keep the super exclusivity.

500 Bond Sle is still super exclusive because it’s the only version of the game. I’m assuming they did a bit of a ring around to some distributors to see what they thought they could sell. If the stories of Elvira 40 are true, distributors may go a little lighter on the price this time? Who knows. Our distributor didn’t go the doctor on Elvira SLE - just sold them for his normal margin.

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

They justified the extra 50 because 2016 was the 50th anniversary of the series. So they decided to celebrate both anniversaries to get to 80.

That’s right. Funny in itself. 30 was a relevant number. 50 was a relevant number. Let’s add them together so it means nothing.

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:It's a nice bit of misdirection and I still chuckle when I see folks thinking Stern is going to release an actual Jaws movie pin.
BTTF is the code name for Rush (for the time machine in the center of the playfield)

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

By the way loved the code name for Bond “Jaws” LMAO +1 on that one stern!!

No, Jaws was code for Jurassic Park.
Rush was code named Finn.

Don’t know what either Bond is yet.

1 week later
#817 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Believe so Doug.....tried to pull dimensions off the Home Version screen, and definitely around Alien PF size. Too big for an Apron. This could be a literal game-changer....having key info on the playfield where our eyes are......massive, massive plus if so!!!

Was a shame pinball bros moved away from that for final production games. Thought it was one of the best features of the game.

What’s the outlet game that used one……a nautical themed game from Spain or somewhere?

1 week later
#973 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There is absolutely zero chance of me buying this. Like at any price point realistically imaginable, down to being on par with a Pro.
But I love single level layouts, and a master like Keith Elwin doing one has me wanting to see it. I'd play it too given the chance!

Such a shame that the only 2 single level "retro" games from Stern so far have been stupidly priced "collector" efforts.

There should be a market for such games at Pro (or less) pricing.

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Im not saying I wouldn’t love that but the mechanics in a single level aren’t cheaper than a multilevel game and these two got two of Sterns biggest IPs. Beatles gold is a steal right now and a great game.

Thats my point. I didn't specifically say drop targets or expensive mechs, nor expensive licences. Just a cheaper single level, retro inspired game.

Beatles might be cheaper now, but it wasn't originally. When it was launched it was sold from LE tier upwards with a stupid cash grab at the top tier. This Bond SLE will be the same but even more limited.

Just think there would be a market for a well designed fun shooting single level retro game at a reasonable price. Doesn't need 10 drop targets and 7 opto spinners and an unobtanium licence from Kapow.

#988 1 year ago

Jesus, all so touchy. I know not to criticise Stern in Levi's company, but now he has a posse working for him as well?

Ok, then not cheaper than a Stern Pro. How about the same as a Stern pro.

#989 1 year ago

It is. Let's have one from Stern.

Drop targets are not cheap, but they are off the shelf in most cases. Unlike vacuum formed or wire ramps which need a-lot of design and prototyping and then need to be custom made.

Do you guys honestly think Stern couldn't make a single level game with a 3-drop target bank, 2 spinners, a bunch of standups and kickout saucer for the price of a Stern pro? So basically a Stern pro (ie starwars and DP) without the ramps.

Just saying make something like above, but without the top tier license paywall.

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Even if they could why would they when they could price it far higher and still sell them all?

Just looking for something different from Stern I guess. I know newbs are still besotted by the Stern 2 ramp, 3pop layouts, but gets a bit boring after your 20th. Just like the idea of a single level retro layout with Stern snappiness and speed. Beatles is a great layout just doesnt need to be at LE pricing.

Have to admit Gomez' Bond is a bit refreshing though.

My point is I love the idea of this Bond SLE, more than the Gomez one, but no way I'm going to pay the stupid price. But it didnt have to have a stupid price - that was done by choice. Cant we have something similar, unlimited and at normal pricing for once?

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m down for anything different. Actually GWJ is building one now.

Haven’t seen that.

#1022 1 year ago

Drop target banks are so expensive….
06D9B807-D33D-46E3-8E39-7C48A0AA524B (resized).png06D9B807-D33D-46E3-8E39-7C48A0AA524B (resized).png

And ramps are so cheap, particularly the ones made out of plastic and not angel pubes….
7B343705-8BBB-46E8-AE4B-7F1C6FD29703 (resized).png7B343705-8BBB-46E8-AE4B-7F1C6FD29703 (resized).png

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Just for reference this is the one that Stern uses:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-7029-04
$270 and then you need to assemble it, install it, and have some way to control it.[quoted image]

True. And the ramp still needs all the flashers, switches/optos, art, decals, cables, air ball covers, entry posts, protectors, hex posts to support it. And it needs to be controlled. And it’s a one off custom design that needs prototyping etc etc.

Probably we should be comparing to this…

ACBC1B0E-2459-4C18-8D58-AF49456DF642 (resized).pngACBC1B0E-2459-4C18-8D58-AF49456DF642 (resized).png

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Man, that's crazy, Stern should consider having ramps manufactured by the thousands instead of buying decade-old retail NOS ramps.

I know right…301C6507-5390-40D0-84F6-A4BA2D12BC5D (resized).png301C6507-5390-40D0-84F6-A4BA2D12BC5D (resized).png

And imagine how cheap they could make those retail stock drop target banks in the 1000’s that could also be used in any number of future games.

#1063 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

While y'all are blabbing about nothing, the Houston Arcade Expo will be in full swing this weekend with 5 Bond pro and 5 premiums. Oh, and we'll have a bit of music along with it.
http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/games/
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Danesi re-mixing the Bond theme song all weekend?

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I just get a little tired of the "saved the hobby," stuff. I really doubt they stayed in business for the hobby's sake, but maybe I'm wrong.

Same here. They were just a business trying to survive like any business would. Likely if investors didn’t turn up, they would have disappeared. I seriously doubt Gary was being altruistic.

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Are dealers really asking 35k for bond? Had a guy email me his dealer wants 35 to secure one. No f’in way.

LOL. This is going to be fun to watch.

2 weeks later
#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I just don't understand why buy all the James Bond movie licenses, use Connery for cornerstone and leave all the rest for only 500 rich people. I don't get it.

If rumours of pricing are correct Stern are making significantly more net profit on this. Let’s say 4 - 5 times that of an LE. So that’s equivalent to making 2000-2500 Bond SLE’s. When Stern are already struggling to keep up with the demand/production capacity, it makes sense to make 500 extremely profitable games.

It sucks for us “regular” collectors/players, but this is not the People’s Republic of Pinball.

If this rumored new factory adds production capacity then they go back to the old model.

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Still gotta sell em Cookie. What price? Another Beatles Diamond?

I think they’ll sell them. There’s one version of this game and 500 worldwide and Elwin and Bond. You could buy one Ice, but I think you’ve set yourself an arbitrary moral (ie. this is getting ridiculous) limit. There’s enough deep pockets out there now that don’t have that limit.

1 week later
#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Elwin's Bond pin code name is TWIG.

Is this 100% ?

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I get that, but STICK is such a weird code name to begin with for Bond, then EXTENDING that with TWIG is kinda far down a code name road to nowhere (especially if STICK is a reference to Bond on a wand). Lots of the code names make sense once you know what they are. This one? Makes me wonder if they drug test at Stern. Seems like something that would be hilarious if you were high. If you're not...not so much.

There’s plenty of code names that don’t make much sense. BKSOR - Paris? Deadpool - Guy? They’re just in house dev team references so they can discuss a game without leaks. If they’re too obvious it kind of defeats the purpose. Having said that, GG admitted that sometimes they’re even too obscure for the team to remember. He did say that even the obscure ones have some connection.

#1330 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Makes sense in the context of the Black Knight comic Ultraforce/Exodus storyline with Bennet du Paris.

Actually from what I’m told it’s not even as obvious as that and more of an “insider” joke. And I’m pretty sure they don’t look so deeply into the theme. You could be right with Deadpool but again, I’m not sure they go that deep.

#1356 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Isn’t Black Knight called Paris because at a Black Knight 2000 Eu launch party they had a real horse that took a huge shit and cleared out the venue?

Yep - wasn’t aware he’s spoken about it at shows. Funny story.

#1361 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

23 more days for the official playable / release of the 60th Anniversary ….. at CES January 5th - 8th 2023.

Is this a guess?

1 week later
#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No ,ramps are cheap

lol. Lets face it - all pinball parts are cheap. But as they say, a pinball machine is worth more than the sum of its parts.

#1434 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyW:

How is this for sale post not a scam?
No one has seen the table yet, let alone has possession of one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147667

He’s confused - doesn’t know his LE from his SLE.

#1501 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

codestravaganza

Word of the day.

Agree - not only is it unlikely they’ve paid for full assets for every Bond film and then limited it to 500 games, but even if they did, there’s no Lyman to massage it into a masterpiece.

#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Maybe they can tie the pops and slings all to the same node and make them all fire at once.

I heard that if Iceman buys both Bond games, all pops in both games fire together from one common node board.

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

Just out of curiosity, who feels comfortable at $25k for this game currently?

Quoted from PinMonk:

but it really depends on the gameplay the game delivers and how ugly the cabinet art is

Realistically, how can any game look like it’s worth $25k after reveal. Nothing in the reveal can change that. Even with Elwin designing and we found out Franchi was on art, how much more amazing can the layout be than any other single level game?

Literally the only thing driving that kind of value is rarity and FOMO and we already know that.

I can’t think of one thing that would change that. Maybe if we suddenly found out on launch day that Lyman had coded one last masterpiece to rival B66.

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez seemed to indicate the ones in Bond 60th were a new mechanism with a more EM-like action. The BJM ones were too smooth in action as I remember it. We'll see. If they're just a rehash of the BJM ones, I will be disappointed.

Didn’t realise he said that.

Even so, say it’s got new reels, a new way of implementing an on pf screen, and an incredible topper, what could possibly make it worth almost double Bond LE that we dont already know?

Likewise, how bad could it possibly be on launch that you would suddenly say it was not worth $25k?

You’re either in or out at this point. I don’t see how reveal will change anything.

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lyman isn’t going to be making any more pinball machines.
Maybe it’s time to stop bringing him up every time a new pinball machine gets announced and whining that he isn’t doing the software. It’s unseemly.

Not whining, just a mark of respect.

#1705 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Disagree. The actual reveal of the game will tell us a lot more about the game than a mere rendering we have seen to date. And then there’s the price and consequent supply/demand and how I see the future might play out. Then I have some more (but it necessarily enough) intel to decide whether I’m in or out. I don’t have enough to decide at this point.

I was posting based on the $25k quoted earlier. So assuming it’s $25k what’s going to change your mind at reveal? We know it’s Elwin and we know it’s single level. Both huge ticks. We know it’s based on all Bond movies. Huge tick. Supply demand - 500 only. Huge FOMO tick. We’ve heard the art is posters as per the render. Meh.

What else is there? Code? If normal Bond is anything to go on, we won’t know the status of that for 12 months.

#1709 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are there enough people in the world, 500, that would pay that for a stripped down single level, scoring reels, mini pf screen game no matter who designs it?
You have to think the THEME alone gets it done. And it’s not working on the LE.
Is the 60th somehow going to blow out the LE 2x? Not a chance. That’s why they waited so long to collect all the LE $$$ before releasing this game at $25k
Don’t forget, Gomez already said he wants to do a Goldfinger LE version.
That’s why Distros like the email that was sent are already pumping this “non refundable” gig hard. This particular distro is way overstating his “demand”. I’m on it and have zero interest of buying there.
I believe this will end up settling way below $20k. 500 way to many. Distros make $$$ to buying at $15k, same as Elvira. Just wont get the eye gouger
Never in history. That many at that price.

Yeh, going to be interesting. I’m thinking we get 30-ish down here. That’s allot at AUD$30-40k. Stupid money really. But there’s no Premium or Pro, so 30 only. Mind you, there’s probably only 30-ish Beatles down here, and they’re not getting AUD$30-40 for those regardless of which colour armour.

#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I’m think Elvira 40th price will rise after this!!!!
I hope.

There’s heaps of Elvira’s out there - 40th or not.

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Elvira is a great game... this what makes the collectible versions worth more money..

Agreed. But only marginally more collectible since you can still get the same game relatively easily in a couple of other versions.

I was replying to the guy who thought the value of his 40th might go up simply because of the (rumoured) price of Bond 60th. Bond 60th won’t be available in any other version - just the 500 SLE’s or whatever they call it. Hard to find a connection between his Elvira 40th and Bond Sle.

#1750 1 year ago

I agree mate.. I think Stern making 500 60th Bond is not the right decision. Primus and Supreme come to mind straight away. Big Juicy melons is another one.

Seems really strange especially with Elwin and such a huge Licence. Woah Nellie, Primus etc I can understand- niche themes and niche game design. But Elwin on Bond with all Bond movies! Here’s hoping it eventually comes in other flavours.

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:Maybe we'll find out tomorrow. Since it's fun to speculate I'll put in my guess:
It will not have a ton of modes. Everything we think we know points to the opposite:
Single level playfield likely means a throwback to older, more basic solid state games. My guess is Elwin's layout is not meant for long ball times, and 'modes'.
Physical score reels, if that part is true, point at simpler scoring based rules.
Limited to 500 doesn't point to making complicated software a priority, or lots of updates like other Elwin games. Why spend all that energy if you can't sell more, and few will be on location to attract people?
My guess is this is "another Beatles" just with an Elwin layout instead of a tweaked Seawitch. Simpler rules, easy to pick up and play, aimed at rich collectors not 'hardcore' players. Will play the Bond theme a lot, have callouts from the various movies, and be something guests can enjoy easily.
Who the fuck knows, that's just my guess and logic.

Plus the guy on code, Mark Penacho, isn’t really known for deep code. Fish Tales, Eatpm, Rollergames.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I doubt the SLE will have modes/code/video available solely to those who also bought (or later buy) an LE. How would that even be applied/enforced?

Someone mentioned it in an interview- Gomez? Guessing it will just be managed through Insider Connect.

Looking more at this Mike Penacho guy, seems like he’s been working at stern for almost 2 years already. Looks like he might have been employed to help with IC implementation. After Fish Tales he worked on video games including Mortal Kombat and NBA Jam. He’s got a bit of form.

Actually very curious to see what he comes up with. Nice to see some new code blood.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/03/07/mark-penacho-joins-stern-pinball/

#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I heard it’s Not meant for Europe. Has to be 120V and 60 hz in North America

That’s not true - it’s available for sale in Australia. Same power.

2D8425AD-3B9F-49DF-BA91-4B732D7C8FB5 (resized).jpeg2D8425AD-3B9F-49DF-BA91-4B732D7C8FB5 (resized).jpeg
#2376 1 year ago

The only surprise for me is it isn’t $29,999. I’m kind of disappointed it wasn’t so we could see some real outrage.

Also a little surprised it looks uglier than the digital mock-ups. The mechanical score reel with a plastic surround in place of the lcd is laughable.

But as expected it looks like pure Elwin fun squeezed on a single level. Lots of kinetic satisfaction.

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The more I look at the reel layout the more I dislike it. They couldn't fit one more reel in there and move the ball and player lights underneath? There must be some reason I'm missing for why it's so oddly laid out.
Also the less I like the reels. So weird and out of place on this title. I wonder if they thought old people would only think it's pinball if it had reels. I'd genuinely like to hear the thinking on that decision.

4 reels cut into the artwork as per normal would have been cool. But then you’d have to spend money redesigning the backbox.

Or, you could have just used the whole Woah Nellie cab.

#2386 1 year ago

Are you thinking about getting one? We are on the fence. I am not too sure that many of these will come to Aus. Converts to around AUD$33,250. That is a lot of coin for a game.

On the fence also pinballaddicted .

#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from Marv:

Diamond Ladies are forever
[quoted image]

Looks like a great $20000 pinball machine.

#2513 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

So go start that thread then… I got in wondering if I would have a moment to hesitate and look before purchasing, so I did. On instinct. Because so far these Elwin games have been my favorites.
But you know what what, you’re right… all you miserable bastards enjoy yourselves. Have a blast.

LOL. Got to love a good Pinside rage quit.

#2595 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quite possibly the ugliest art package Stern has ever done. Congrats WPT & 24!!! You’re finally off the hook!!!!

It actually looked slightly better in the 3d renders.

There is absolutely nothing high end collectible about that complete package.

I mean really.....?
0d22d43f4c2ad3e2d3395f1396d78f7ef9d1b0fb (resized).jpeg0d22d43f4c2ad3e2d3395f1396d78f7ef9d1b0fb (resized).jpeg

#2598 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean...there wasn't for the Supreme game either, and look how those sold. Face it...this isn't for hobbyists.

Yeh, but there is also nothing aesthetic about a Supreme brick. There was at least some aesthetic to Supreme pinball.

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

You’re welcome
My crew set it up and flipped it for a little bit. Can I post video on pinside?

Despite how this thing looks, I bet it is hugely fun to play.

#2977 1 year ago

For me it's 100% the price now. I look at the layout and have monetary amnesia thinking what a freakin' fun game it looks - how cool would it be in my collection. Then remember it's AUD$30-35K. Now that we know it's not a stunning high end collectible and "all the assets" means movie posters and Insider Connected badges, it just comes down to a fun layout and good theme. Fun layouts and good themes are great, but for AUD$30-35k I can literally buy 5 fun layouts with equally good themes.

#3001 1 year ago

Original Luci, TWDLE, and GBLE

Sell any 2 of those and you'll have change leftover after buying Bond SLE.

#3020 1 year ago

Remember Gary himself was policing the CES tent for the Stranger Things launch, telling people to not to take video. It's a Stern thing lol. Afraid of the interwebs.

Seriously, it's likely just licensor issues - common theme with this property it seems. I'm happy we have one manufacturer large enough to tackle these A grade licenses, but what a f*n nightmare they must be to deal with.

I just hope CGC's Pulp Fiction doesn't get too nerfed. If it's true it's a Raw Thrills/CGC colab, I can only dream that Sharpe senior was involved in the licensor negotiations.

#3027 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:I'm sure you're right, I just did not see anything in Evan's video that would be a clear licensor issue. The main revelation for me was seeing the LCD screen in action, it was just text saying shoot this shoot that, but maybe that's the issue and they have other plans for screen. Who knows, at least we got a little sneak peek, thank you OC Pinballs.

It's ridiculous to show a game at a public event like CES and then not expect anyone to post videos online - licensor issues or not. I really hope the text on the screen is a place holder. Looks like in Aurichs screen shot they've gone to alot of work to replicate the dots of a DMD??? We'll find out eventually.

#3039 1 year ago

The more I think about it, the more I think it was Pinside that created most of the unrealistic hype over this game. We took the little snippets of knowledge we had and pieced together the ultimate pinball fantasy.

#3056 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm just ready for the game and the owners thread......shit is just getting stupid in here, even for a "speculation" thread.
All the bitching isn't going to make it $7500.00. Even then people would bitch.
All the bitching isn't going to make it a hologram. Even then people would bitch.
It's released......take it or leave it...I waited, saw, then took 1.....why would anyone care except me.....move the f*k along...
(I'm sooo heartbroken by the wise people...NOT)...

Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Anyone else notice there are 15 shots around the fan, 15!
Plus 4 spinners!
Plus 10 drop targets!
Game looks like a blast to me! I am excited with my purchase.
My distributor sold out

I'm honestly jealous you guys have justified buying this. It would be awesome having this in your collection. As long as you're happy with it, who cares.

I can’t wait to rip those spinners! Game is gonna be a flow monster

Layout looks like alot of fun. My 2 cents from the amateur CES video play:

- the spinning hat front and centre looked mildly annoying, though makes hitting those "easy" front on drops a little more challenging. Very similar to AIQ spinning disc in that sense.
- The one way return to the shooter lane seemed to happen fairly regularly and my be a little annoying.
- figure 8 shot very satisfying - do we think it can be shot in reverse (up that side lane?)
- Does the plunge always end up in the pops, or is that a controllable gate that lets it flow through to the PF?
- Looks like 2 saucers that could be used to stage balls for MB - nice.

#3067 1 year ago

How will Stern package the topper with this game? I think Batman SLE is the only other game to come with a topper right? How was that packaged?

Both Batman SLE and LE came with topper. Was in a normal branded Stern branded cardboard topper box packaged separately to the game.

#3073 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kind and accurate assessment Pinbud.
Wouldnt be jealous however...I've " justified" far more questionable choices in my life, lol...

Too true. One of the human race's most successful traits is the ability to forget things that we don't want to remember, even changing our recollection of past events to "protect" ourselves, effectively changing history. Life would be excrutiating if we remembered absolutely every detail of our lives. Much better to revise the past, be happy and move on.

#3074 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

My Batman66 LE topper was in the box and shrink wrapped on top of the boxed game.
Speaking of topper, George thought that the 60th topper was also going to be sold as an acessory for his Bond games.
But in the 60th trailer it says "exclusive topper" so maybe there will be a different topper for the GG Bond games?

Maybe it's a different one. This one does look designed for this game.

#3092 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:Any thoughts on a possibly interactive, or at least "changing" backglass? Hear me out.
Within the first 2 or 3 seconds of the trailer, you see a Bond 60th in the very upper left hand corner of the backglass, fade in, then it fades out. Is that just video jazz, or maybe more? Gomez said a shot we have never seen before, maybe a shot into the backglass? I know Banzai Run nailed that concept, but maybe?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think that definitley falls in the category of....

Quoted from cooked71:

The more I think about it, the more I think it was Pinside that created most of the unrealistic hype over this game. We took the little snippets of knowledge we had and pieced together the ultimate pinball fantasy.

#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m only seeing a ribbon shot , not a figure 8 .Am I missing something ?
[quoted image]

Never heard of a Ribbon shot. Maybe that’s what Gomez was referring to - he’d seen a figure 8 but not a ribbon shot.

#3338 1 year ago

What I don’t get is that anyone is surprised by the reaction in this thread. Was always going to be this way.

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody is surprised by the reaction in this thread.

I’ve just read 3 pages of complaints about Pinsides reaction to this game.

#3365 1 year ago

Ha, I am sure it would look great with mirror blades and I have no issue buying some. But it's the principle.... 20k and no art blades on an "SLE" type of game? That and no clips just says they are treating their customers like crap and just want to milk our money. It makes me really sad to see how cheap they went on this.
I hope Stern reads this. It's embarrassing to put your name on something and not have the guts to answer the question of "will it have movie clips?" or even throw in $60 art blades. I won't be getting a LE Foo Fighters after this either. I'm taking a break. I will still love my current Stern games, but I learned a lesson on trusting companies to care here. It's funny, so many other people here said this before release but I drank the Kool-Aid. I do think the shots look great, but it's hard to shake the feeling that they are cheating customers horribly here.
It's funny that all my friends know how positive I am about pinball and Stern. They all reached out via text to tell me how sorry they were that Stern threw in the towel. They don't see my messages here, they are not into pinside as much. They just saw the product and texted me. That says a lot really. I appreciate them, and I understand it's just part of the hobby. I will live without my art blades... I'll just be salty about it.

Did you sell the game? That’s a steep discount so early, should have gone quickly.

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The fact people keep saying it looks like a home pin shows how divorced the typical perception of a single level game is from its actual cost to build. At least some people recognize this as being more like a typical premium BOM. So mild progress since The Beatles and a lot of progress since TNA's first run.
That said, I would still love to see what Elwin could do with an actual Home pin bom.

Definitely plenty going on “mech” wise. No way it is home pin level.

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

And this Zombie Yeti beauty with band member signatures on the apron.
[quoted image]

All 3 of those games based on that retro cab are gorgeous. So much love went into them. Even PABST looks like a passion project.

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

But, you couldn't, because it was sold out and backordered at all distributors. And instead of making more premiums to fill those orders, Stern milked the whales with the 40th. Which pushed off all those backorders til after the 2023 price hike. So yeah, a bit of irritation at Stern over the 40th.

Yeh, that was definitely a cynical move on Stern's part. Not a good way to maintain goodwill in your brand.

#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

But surely, some of you looping on the same argument have something better to do?

You new here?

#3497 1 year ago

When do we think we will get some decent gameplay footage?

No more from CES? Nothing more from CES at all?

#3506 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I didn’t pay $8 for twitter but I paid a “participate and argue pointlessly in hot threads” fee on pinside!!!

robin will become richer than Elon Musk!!!

#3529 1 year ago

It's not actual hate, just a bunch of people trying to shout louder than the other people shouting in the room.

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The FOMO has left the building.

Until Keiths next cornerstone.

#3551 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They’d say they’re all stupid expensive and ask you to leave them alone.

and pull out the can of mace.

#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the Beatles also looks better. I do wonder, if you put this pic in front of non-pinheads and told them one of these games was 5K, one was 8K and one was 20K, which one they'd assign to each price?[quoted image]

Didn't realise Beatles had 4 !!! flippers.

#3567 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I honestly would probably get a Beatles if they rethemed it to a different Beatles era. Cannot stand the artwork.

Personally couldn’t listen to old Beatles on repeat.

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I played the 60th Bond Edition today at CES... fun game. Ball flow is great. Topper with lighting is slick. I particularly liked the ball flow through the upper left corner. Definitely felt Elwin-ish with how the ball can come down the left side and hook back out to the flipper.
These are going to be well loved in people's collections.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Finally!!!

#3822 1 year ago

Nice to see we’ve moved on to raffle ticket pricing overnight.

Going to have to buy one of those Project Pinball tickets one day. This would have been a good one. I wonder what happens with the region lock if I win? Wonder if Stern would be charitable enough to change it for me?

#3882 1 year ago

First Elwin game with “only” 2 flippers, obviously less side to side shots and most of the game in the top 3rd of the pf. Seems a little less flowy than his other 3. The middle to right is mostly dead end shots - drops, captive ball, inline drops and just the right orbit. Less combo options than usual for Elwin?

#3888 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:I had a day off from work, so I built the 60SE virtually in my little game editor,

As you do.

Do game designers actually use these before moving to white woods? Would seem like an obvious thing to do.

#3949 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Again, what’s the mystery. Keith said it goes to the saucer.
[quoted image]

I think that left “reverse” ribbon shot doesn’t loop around at all, just feeds the lock saucer. Would explain the green lock light at the bottom of the left lane. And if you look at the top of the guide rail on that side shot, it angles to the saucer.

#3956 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, I can see that left shot going to the saucer now. If that's actually the case I'm way less interested, the two way figure 8 looked fun.
Oh well, not like I was buying this at even half the price, no point in being sad a shot isn't what I thought it was.
Hope the buyers enjoy it!

It’s really not a typical Elwin flow game at all. You’ve got one loop on the rhs to middle and middle to rhs and the one way ribbon shot. Rest are all “dead end” shots.

Would have been cool if the reverse ribbon shot had a small diverter at the end of that side lane that either fed the saucer or fed the loop.

#3976 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Was this much hate given to Supreme when it came out?

No one cared. Was such a tiny run, and clearly for the Supreme collector market. Difference with B60th was that we all loved the idea of a new single level Elwin game and were therefore pissed we couldn’t afford it.

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

So really the hate for Bond60 is due to the fact thats its a good if not great game and that people wanna buy it but cant afford it? Would there be as much hate if there was a release of 20 or so? BM66 wasnt cheap either...

I think because bm66 there were multiple versions at different price points and it wasn’t limited (the layout wasn’t). With this game it’s only 500 total, ever (assuming they don’t re-use the layout), and it’s super expensive.

#4011 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Stern is making this "exclusive" topper available for everyone for 999.99

Lol. I think Stern need to give up on this fake collectibility crap and just concentrate on making great pinball machines.

#4185 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Service menu. Hard to navigate settings using 4 score reels.

To be fair, the Stern settings menu is only marginally more advanced.

#4188 1 year ago

I definitely read in this thread somewhere before launch that the topper would be available for all games. I think it was from a Gomez interview.

Still, the Stern flyer department needs to be fired.

#4221 1 year ago

I think one of the reasons this thread might seem overly negative is the small overall production run - there are only a few owners in here. Normally we have all the LE buyers and the Pro Premium early adopters which helps balance out the usual crap.

#4637 1 year ago

Anyone heard what special modes you get if you have both Bond 60th and Bond LE? Should be something special if you’re spending Aud $52000 on a couple of games.

#4806 1 year ago

If they don't sell all 500 they can do a run of Metallica to use up the inline drops, AIQ for the disc and captive ball, Deadpool premium for the drops. Sell the shooter rod for IMDN, score reels for WNBJM. Anything else? TreyBo69 can take all the opto spinners for his homebrew and they've already sorted the potential topper overstock.

#5083 1 year ago

I doubt it's commission like Supreme The Pabst Can Crusher or Heavy Metal . Weren't those effectively produced and "owned" by the license holder (ie pabst supreme etc)? No brainer for Stern to run those since there was no downside/risk. The rumour is that this was a model insisted on by Bond as part of the full license package. Still Stern's game though.

#5088 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...and this is no reskin or minor theme...
Just not worth the bandwidth for discussion in this thread anymore....this game will stand ( or fail) on its own...

Yeh, I think we're out of oxygen in here.

#5291 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Well, I got mine... I had to build it first. A fun shooter for sure, very fast with a decent 50/50 challenge (half of the shots are easy, half are hard). No idea what Stern's rules will be, so I made up my own. No Oddjob hat in mine, I had a better idea.

Enjoy your game! I think you will : )

This makes me want this game more than anything Stern has shown me to date.

#5375 1 year ago

Great…..the old pigassguement is back.

1 week later
#5637 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I heard the licensors insisted that code cost extra.

That’s for the next Project Pinball auction.

1 week later
#5856 1 year ago

Who we thought ASAC_Schrader was.....

257573447_10159881698659244_7869903176350564080_n (resized).jpg257573447_10159881698659244_7869903176350564080_n (resized).jpg

Who ASAC_Schrader actually was.....

Screenshot 2023-02-07 160048 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-07 160048 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6255 1 year ago

I’m just surprised ChatGPT didn’t mention Stern was a lifestyle brand.

#6516 1 year ago

Looks like fun. Not as brutal as I thought it would be.

#6530 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They aren’t sick enough of it to give us a game like that at a normal pro price which is odd.
I love the concept but Beatles and now this don’t make it seem like it’s ever going to be part of their normal marketing plan.
That’s a shame really. I owned a Beatles for a few years and these games really are awesome in any collection.

It’s a shame their only 2 single level games have been behind collector paywall bs. Would be nice to actually see the market for this game at “normal” pricing.

#6584 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

They didn't say most did they ?
Games for export usually go first so when the boat lands games are shipping stateside too.
LTG : )

Yes, OS games first is what they said.

#6749 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

This is what I was thinking, the stream put me in the buyers camp!
Thanks Zack at Flipping out!!!!
Games is exactly for me. I loved one comment where it was said the game is schizophrenic or something like that.
Perfect I am in and this games is so different in so many ways but screams old, new, innovative etc

Wait, what? Aren’t you the “pinball is an investment because I grew up with nothing therefore have to justify every purchase with a cost/benefit analysis” guy? Buying a game because you like it seems a touch out of character.

#6753 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Yes I am the guy who is planning my retirement on pinball machines and I see this one sky rocketing in price and affording me my next sports car or young Asian wife.
Better get you one while you can.
And on the other hand I justified it with I want it and may only lose a couple bucks if I ever want to sell it.
And if I remember correctly you are one of the guys who has so much money you buy pins and it would not matter if they went down to zero, cuz you have so much money it doesn't matter. I hope to have your kind of cash supply one day to just buy, and not analysis
I hope you have a great day, I will and am excited to get this game and play the heck out of it!

Trust me, I’m tempted. But even I can’t find a way on this one. Was hoping you could enlighten me with your thought process.

Enjoy!

#6759 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:Honestly when a person said it seemed like this game is schizophrenic I thought I don't have a game like this in my collection, figure I could lose about 2-3 k worst case scenario. I can handle that

Schizophrenia should appeal to most people in this thread. But talk sports cars and Asian wives almost got me over the line.

#6860 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

As an owner, I can say I easily prefer yours. The effort put into the display screams 1/10.

That might be an easy Pinball Browser fix?

#6944 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not me....I pass on many...no Foo here...not for $3k

Not even for $3k?

#6965 1 year ago

Let’s get him to 6969.

2 weeks later
#7148 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LOL are you joking?! the only thing you can't buy is time.

95BBF9C2-8D7F-4027-B383-2BE14A5A9940 (resized).jpeg95BBF9C2-8D7F-4027-B383-2BE14A5A9940 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.