Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If we're comparing single level games this game makes TNA seem like a good deal. There will only be 300 more TNA's than the exclusive Bond SLE when all is said and done. Will this game really be more fun than TNA? The music and co-op play on TNA is tough to beat and it has full playfield RGB lighting. Guessing this will be really fun to play too but Scott Danesi put so much of his heart and soul into TNA that it is hard for me to see Stern besting that on a "filler money grab" title like this even with the great Keith Elwin designing it. The cabinet pics certainly don't inspire confidence that they are putting the extra effort into this title.

Hands down. I think it’s a safe bet that TNA will have both better music and a better light show than anything Stern is going to release (Stern not doing full RGB lighting instantly takes them out of the top tier as far as light shows are concerned).

1 week later
#669 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

500 of them will be tough to move at $18,000.

Nah, if they are priced at $18,000 they would sell out immediately. I agree financial times look rough ahead but the lure of Elwin and exclusivity will sell this sucker out immediately.

I wish I was a Bond super fan, I’d be all after one of these. Im just too luke warm to Bond, so I bought a White Water instead.

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

You think there are 500 home collectors who will pay $18,000 for a machine that they have never played? Remember, this price and machine eliminates all operators. Sorry I just don’t see it happening

Hands down I do. I would be a day one buyer if the theme was more appealing to me. My understanding is if you call around distributors all have long waiting lists. That could potentially be BS, but that is what is being said.

At $18,000 this limited run Elwin game is a legit day one sell out. If Ultraman and Halloween can sell out in a day, so can the Elwin/Bond combination.

Hopefully Stern is successful with this model and they do right by the code for the limited run and we see more efforts like these out of them.

I assume Stern sells this game to their distros at $14,000 per machine, that means Stern grossed $7,000,000 on this machine. I wonder what their development and manufacturing cost will have been.

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

500 Bond 60th editions announced was stupid. It is too high and is not based on anything meaningful. Wasn’t BMSLE 80 games based on Batman 66 plus something else?
Stern should have selected to make 69 games. Sixty pins for the 60 years of Bond plus seven pins for 007 designation plus two pins to the Bond estate equals 69. In honesty I added the last two to force the number to 69 in honor of Bond being such a horndog.

500 is plenty rare enough to design a unique game with its own layout and rules. Stern is going to invest in something unique that they can only manufacture 69 of…why would they? 500 is probably the minimal run to make this make sense for Stern and it is rare enough.

I do laugh at how half the people say 500 is not enough and half say it’s too many. Can’t make everyone happy.

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At $18k yes. That’s fantasy Tiger. I’ve been told Distros are trying to get $25k out of the box.
$18k a whole lot different

Yes, I agree with you. They will sell about 100 quickly at $25,000 and then maybe another 100 in 30 days. There is going to be a lot in inventory left after the hype and FOMO period at $25,000.

I also agree with you that the economy will drag down Stern’s 1,000 machine runs on some LEs on any game that is not an A list license. I had told my distro six months ago I wanted a Venom LE. Now, after the price raise and an almost certain run of 1,000 of the LE for Venom, I’m thinking premium (or possibly even a pro) and I’ll add the upgraded speakers, lollipop rails, and Voodoo glass myself. My “collector” money went into my BBB a few months ago…keep the collector money in truly collectible games.

75D94D45-04EA-4D74-9566-92ED159E6021 (resized).jpeg75D94D45-04EA-4D74-9566-92ED159E6021 (resized).jpeg

#767 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I wonder if somebody at stern ever said don't make this a super Le. Price it at pro/Premium range and let as many pinball collectors as possible enjoy it.

They re-made Nellie into three other games. They will do the same with this layout if it’s popular. Stern has absolutely not said this is the one and only time you will see this layout…it’s merely the first time.

#777 1 year ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

They have the license for Sonic

As I recall, David Fix said on some podcast that Stern does not have that license (or rather he was told Stern did not have the license). He certainly could have been wrong.

Quoted from timtim:

Harry Potter is still coming from JJP

I don’t think they have the license. I know they went after it, but thought they came up short. They need to do a better job of keeping their projects under wraps, they always leak out way early.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.