007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2158 1 year ago

So how do the reels work for multiplayer? Do they reset between each player?

I see two scenarios...

1- It plays just ok... and it becomes Beatles 2.0
2- It plays very well (with crazy awesome code) and becomes POTC 2.0

I could definitely see scenarios where this thing is worth $40k in 2 years.... or $10k.

As for me, I am happy to watch.

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

or it plays like every other Elwin and sets a new bar...

That puts it in scenario #2

#2195 1 year ago

I like the armor and the topper. The backglass is... busy.

Someone needs to do a poll... at equal price which would you prefer... Gomez Bond LE or Elwin Bond 60th?

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

and we don’t even know what songs are in it? .

good point... what if it had *every* Bond theme song in it? I could see that jacking the license fee waaaay up.

#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I've had good experience with Gameroom Goodies. If I wanted one I wouldn't hesitate..

Same. They are not the enemy here they are just trying to make a living.

#2498 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Find me one at that price! $100 finders fee to you if you do.

I’ll take one of those sun $20k B66 SLE’s

It’s tough to find B66 LE for $20k

#2571 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Maybe, maybe not… that is some pretty sketchy confusing pricing info if you ask me. Isn’t hard to word that stuff so people understand it.

the number he lists is

I think most of us can do the detective work.

Jason is one of the good guys in the industry. He doesn't deserve the grief.

#2592 1 year ago

Wait... it's matte black?

no topper on the CES game.

#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Greetings from CES 2023 Las Vegas
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One thing is for sure... that ain't no B66 or EHOH SLE....

#3126 1 year ago

How rare is the game....?

It will be exactly as rare as Ultraman.... but at 3x the cost!

#3250 1 year ago

"the game doesn't warrant/isn't worth that price" isn't an argument you can make on any game at launch. You can only say it for yourself and not the market.

The *market* determines if it warrants the price. Every buyer has their own demand curve... if their are 500 people who decide it is worth it... then it is.

The most amusing argument in pinball happens when people throw shade over someone buying something that is expensive/exclusive. I know dozens of people who wouldn't take ***ANY*** pinball machine for ****FREE*** if it meant they had to keep it in their house (and not immediately sell it).

2 weeks later
#5443 1 year ago

Ok, I missed about 10 pages... did we ever find out if it has movie clips?

#5449 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

To think it won't have at least certain video assets/ elements with a pf screen is somewhat naive imho.
Screen is plenty large and positioned perfectly for a player to get info AND help add immersion to the total gameplay experience.
Tim ( not others who claimed " they" did it) absolutely knocked it out of the park on JP2...
Don't believe this game needs that much...but no way the screen will only be a menu and game directory .....just my take.
We will see as the code matures....initial achievements, along w gameplay rules already sound sick ( speaking of "sound"....SO many cool tunes from the movies...more anxious to hear those w gameplay interaction!)

So still nothing definite. That’s kinda crazy isn’t it? The game has been for sale for 3 weeks and we still don’t know anything about the video assets and animations.

#5459 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

If there were movie clips, that would have been all over the flyer. Biggest selling point.

I just think it is weird that the game is about to ship and we still don't know.

#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Actually, it seems pretty clear that they're NOT going to have any assets aside from the Moby Bond music & a generic announcer for voice over. It was probably too time/cost prohibitive to get everyone to sign off on their voice/film rights for this machine. Cornerstone Bond got the Connery estate's OK...but for this they'd have to get sooooo many people to sign off, it was probably impossible. Which begs the question - what was the point? The cornerstone is clearly the best way for a Bond fan to get immersed in a Bond pin. This will seem like a generic knockoff at double the price.

Hard to argue against this

1 week later
#5807 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

GG on the Marcos stream said the 60th will ship at 1.0

Stakes are raised even higher!

#5900 1 year ago

I just can't believe the game is shipping, an we still have no idea what it contains... video... music...

#5927 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

No video. Virtually no music. They said everything you need to know about the game in the flyer. If ANY of that content was present, it would have been in the flyer.

I think you're right. If it had music and video the distributors would be screaming for Stern to have it included in the marketing material.

I guess more proof is that it is shipping at, or near, 1.0... I doubt they could get that many music and video assets approved in time for launch.

In other news... maybe the Bond 60th SLE is why so many of the assets have been delayed on the LE? Now that it is shipping perhaps we will see the major update on the LE that we have all been expecting.

Finally.... maybe we have been looking at this all wrong... instead of comparing it the BM66 SLE maybe it is closer to Primus/Heavy Metal - just way more expensive.

#6038 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So far JJP and Stern each only have one game at these prices: TS4 CE at $15K and Bond LE at $13K.
Easy for either company to lower the pricing on their next release and blame high licensing cost for TS or Bond.

I mean… are there 1000 people out there who will drop $13k on Foo Fighters LE? What about Venom? Are there 1000 who will spend $15k on a Godfather CE?

#6086 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

has there been any indication that this is happening on regular LE titles? I can't remember the last Stern LE that wasn't sold out instantly to distributors, even at 1000 units. Distributor interest lists for titles is far greater than their allocation in most cases, if you cut the total number of LE's down distributors won't be happy when they don't have games to sell on a hot title to their best customers who have ordered LE's from them in the past. I think in Bond's case the delay to get the games out might have hurt some distributors that didn't take non refundable deposits, but for the most part it seems like the games were all spoken for day one.

I don’t think it was all that long ago… probably TMNT. I definitely know jp didn’t sell out immediately. I bought mine (below msrp) NIB after playing it in the wild.

#6087 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

has there been any indication that this is happening on regular LE titles? I can't remember the last Stern LE that wasn't sold out instantly to distributors, even at 1000 units. Distributor interest lists for titles is far greater than their allocation in most cases, if you cut the total number of LE's down distributors won't be happy when they don't have games to sell on a hot title to their best customers who have ordered LE's from them in the past. I think in Bond's case the delay to get the games out might have hurt some distributors that didn't take non refundable deposits, but for the most part it seems like the games were all spoken for day one.

If you really think about it… the only games that were truly hard to get were

Godzilla LE
AIQ LE
GNR CE
CCr LE
R&M
And maybe Bind LE (but you can get one now easy enough)

Am i forgetting any?
Mando, Rush, and LZ LE’s were kinda tight but they could be found

#6091 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mando and Rush were selling for thousands over MSRP soon after release. They have come down since then. Zeppelin demand seemed cooler but I think it was still an instant sellout.

They were… but dealers had stock. If you called around you could have found both at msrp on the day of launch.

#6220 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Eh, it goes both ways[quoted image]

truly hilarious

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Contact
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=NC_Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.