007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sMan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 1 year ago

I'm very thankful to whomever leaked the pic being that I was having to make a decision between the LE & this anniversary edition (It's not an SLE).

So just going with my gut and picking the LE because it looks beautiful and since Gomez looks to have had the most time in and the most fun designing it.

If Connery was alive and this was a Kapow and it was designed by Gomez like Batman '66 SLE it might be different.

If any of you are in on it with Elwin I'm sure it will be a great game, Congrats. I'll stick with Godzilla!

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

It looks terrible.

I think it will end up being a nice novelty pin, a conversation piece and collectible if you're an Elwin fan.. but certainly not more than a Connery LE in Aquamarine. If you can get both, great, but with that many Bonds? It kind of looks like a mish mosh imo. The sideart reminds me of the GNR LE.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's cool the topper and shooter are included, but no art blades? Come on...

Haha.. I wonder if that was the cost cutter? No expression lights for sure. Not available!

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

A single die for the shooter?

Look closely.. it’s 1 die with rubies in it, similar to a dagger.

#254 1 year ago

One thing about this game that’s a fact is that nobody knows the price of it yet. What’s interesting to me is that maybe because of where we’re at in Pinball, it seems some people hear Elwin and 60th anniversary and seem to be practically begging for a $20k+ pin and punishment. Why? All we’ve seen is a mock-up and 1 side of the playfield with literally nothing on it. It’s not an SLE, it’s an anniversary edition throwback of sorts, 1 level, so what if Stern decided to price this similar to the LE for Bond fans that wanted something different besides the Connery cornerstone? I for one do not ‘assume’ it’s better or more expensive than Gomez’s Connery LE because it’s different than that one (not a higher or better edition of it) and I think if Stern overprices this? They lose the sale from someone like me and others who purchased the Connery LE and who might otherwise consider purchasing one. I mean, God forbid they did something for the fans right? and not just all about the cash grab? We’ll know the truth if it’s just priced absurd and they simply just don’t care who buys them just a long as they sell, which at that point? Why want one?
The thing I think people forget about is that with the first true SLE, one of the things that made it so special was that you literally had to write Stern, send a picture and literally explain to them why you wanted to purchase one and kind of prove why you think you deserved to own one and then even after that they had to even choose you as well. You could have the money to buy one but it wasn’t everything like the last couple of cash grabs. As a matter of fact, the rules in the beginning where that you couldn’t even sell it! Never mind flip it, you had to sell it back to Stern only so this is different, yes, I’m waiting to hear the price.

#281 1 year ago

TNA, Beatles Gold, lots of drop targets, assets, new game smell, why should it cost more than these? Heck, pick any classic game and just restore it to perfection sparing no cost.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Revised, I do feel like covering every inch of a machine in a collage of photos is overkill and just not good design.
[quoted image]

Nice job. Looks a million times better! The sides of the backbox with all the fonts in the original design look like they are written on it or copy & pasted from black & white newspaper, possibly obsessed/deranged Bond fan. Serial Killer type stuff.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys only want this because you can’t have it.
In pinball - and so many other things in life - fantasy is always more attractive than reality.

No question about it.. some people are crying sight unseen for the awesome cornerstone models yet there are tons of pictures and several videos of them. There’s absolutely zero on this yet except for a leaked mock-up pic that was just outshined in 5 minutes by another Pinsider in Photoshop yet some people are like Elwin! $25k! I want it now! It’s baffling.

1 month later
#878 1 year ago

It’s funny sometimes if I take a couple steps back.. we basically have no game, 1 pic (if that), no price, and a simple press release advertisement that’s at best hyping a basic machine and insider connected but we are supposed to have fomo and want this game and be worried about whether it will be worth 18k or 25k with 5-10 minutes to make a decision and buy it?
It makes me question the value of an official release these days because if we don’t care to see if the game is good first or even what it is? See the gameplay, or if it’s affordable in this economy or worth it? Then it’s probably true that Stern can sell just about anything, like we heard so many times before.. even a box of lights. No Goldfinger or Thunderball song just wasn’t acceptable to me at the end of the day for the official cornerstone release at 13-15k. Pro or Premium, maybe, depends on how the game progresses but I can’t help now to wonder if the game will have a Duran Duran song included for 18-25k?! LOL
Maybe it will be revealed tomorrow? Or Tomorrow may Never Die.

#891 1 year ago

There are so many great pins out there already made that offer so much at a good price that nothing even comes close, so this just doesn’t make sense to me.. even recently when you look at the value of say a Rush pin for example. Borg did a great job, you get a whole damn rockin’ catalog of music (some of the best songs ever) spanning our entire lifetimes, the actual band members involved in the game! and doing their real voices for the callouts! so just not feeling it on this one any longer, it won’t have any of that and no matter the price, ‘call for price’ doesn’t sound good, too expensive.. I don’t like what I’m hearing about Stern’s model too, possibly trying to use this to reward the distributors to sell at any price? and nothing off their backs? The problem isn’t the SLE model I don’t think because Batman ‘66 SLE was AMAZING. It had everything you could ever want as a Batman fan but this kind of pin release, not even knowing what we’ll get? What’s the draw? Elwin fanboys? it reminds me of what they did with baseball cards years ago that ruined the hobby: artificial scarcity.

https://medium.com/sports-cards-once-again/sports-card-investors-be-careful-of-artificial-scarcity-1cc2d39574c3

2 months later
#2194 1 year ago

This is such crap, I’m out. It looks like they just stole the design from JJP GNR and are trying to charge double the amount for it. It’s got the same side-art style as the LE, Slash’s hat replaced with Oddjob’s and the same size stupid lcd in the center of the playfield instead of the top right.. and we don’t even know what songs are in it? just the same Bond theme over and over again and we’re supposed to just throw 10’s of thousands of dollars at it? Please do better Stern and quit with these crap cash grabs.

#2217 1 year ago

Yep.. Nobody cares. It’s 20k and someone people just aren’t addicted enough or foolish enough with their money. Get a Pro or a Premium if you’re into Bond that much. Pro’s are for Professionals.

#2251 1 year ago

New games used to cost less than used games not too long ago. I think it’s just the wrong direction from Stern and I love Stern. It makes me cringe a bit to think about the customer base they’re targeting with these type of releases.

#2304 1 year ago

I looked at the video again and that odd job hat moves exactly the same as GNR. I hated the playability of GNR even though it looked beautiful and so glad I sold it. I can’t imagine hitting that Slash hat shot ever again though, it was terrible, the only thing good about it was that it scratched like a record as an Easter egg feature but to think you can have a GNR with all it has in it for $10k compared to this at $20k just describes how overpriced this Bond game is. Don’t get me wrong JJP killed it for themselves when they got Greedy too with TS4 so no fanboy here, lol, but this is just as bad or worse greed. I remember from the podcast GG saying the hat didn’t fit in on with the cornerstone Bond releases, it makes sense as it looks like they just dumped it into the center of this game and Elwin just went with it thinking he could do no wrong but it’s wrong. It’s neither creative or innovative, far from it as it was obviously copied. I do like optical spinners and the Electric Magic spinner shot in Zep was a great shot, nothing like the feel of that shot! so Imo Steve Ritchie at home with Covid is still better than Elwin in regards to this release.

#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

How else can you get the authentic clicking sound to go with the LCD display?

For sure.. I’d rather play a ‘60’s Gottlieb Wedgehead than this game.. the definition of authentic, built with real, quality metal and costs way less!

#2323 1 year ago

I can’t believe Keith held this cheap reproduction score reel thing so tight and under wraps.. some people are so full of themselves these days, they don’t invent anything and then are protective of their copy, then try and charge a fortune for it. No thanks.

#2349 1 year ago

I remember the original rumor was built to order and not limited. Would have been an interesting sales concept.

Built to order would be a million times better imo.. show the game, have a window to purchase for a while, then close it off.. It's still limited that way and people won't feel bamboozled later on. If the game is good enough? There's nothing to hide and nothing to lose for the company as they can make many more if it's hot and the exact # they need without waste. Win/Win.

#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Sounds like not much...
"Nate: Mark, how much did the theme of James Bond, and obviously what's one of the unique things about this game is all of the James Bond actors are portrayed on the game and you can see them all. There's assets from all the eras of James Bond. How much does that play into your thought process in what you're doing on the programming side?
Mark: For this game, not really a whole lot. It's themed very much more the way like '70s or '80s game was themed. The theme is integrated into every single thing, but it's basically the playfield and what makes sense pinball-wise."

No worries, unless you're 20 years old you won't be able to see anything from where you're playing on that screen size anyways.. and a telling comment from Mark.. basically not much because they wanted the game to be more profitable.

The retro score reel doesn't go with the design of the game. It might be the first time I'd prefer an LCD, but it also could be a first time in that the score reels might cost less to manufacture than an LCD.

I think most of us like the game a little bit but for the price I'm not going to lie to myself and think it's OK to have little clips and not enough music from the films.

There's a huge price discrepancy with this game.. it's good enough to kick around for about $5k, but anything more? I can think of 20 games I'd easily be happy with for less money in it's place.

#2443 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

See playfield image:
[quoted image]

Mighty kind of Stern to give Oddjob a Gold colored record under the hat but after all, it probably costs less than the record sticker in GNR. It's too bad the game won't have a soundtrack or the Goldfinger song, guessing $20k x 500 buyers wasn't enough for the rights. Maybe some people like this type of punishment. I'd recommend playing the LP in the background while playing this game for whomever purchases one, it sounds good on vinyl and can be had in good condition for less than 20 bucks if you find a deal.

51qbqg77xel._sl1500_ (resized).jpg51qbqg77xel._sl1500_ (resized).jpg
#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from Marv:

Diamond Ladies are forever
[quoted image]

Yep. Gottliebs are looking great about now in comparison to value. If someone comes out with a retrofit optical spinner mod that triggers the leaf switch, they'd sell a ton. You're welcome.

#3123 1 year ago

I just drop by this thread from time to time to Whale watch. I’m thankful I’ve built a great collection through the years and can be a bit picky from time to time and enjoy a new pin. If anyone needs a little emotional support after dropping Twenty thousand dollars recently? I’m here for you.. to an extent of course. I’ll be happy to buy you a cup of coffee and loan you 20 bucks if you need it. You’ll be OK, no worries.

#4316 1 year ago
Quoted from ozno:

Can some super rich dude please buy one of these and then drop it off the 405 overpass on livestream please?

Where's Jack Sparrow when you need 'em? I'd love to see it.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/01/johnny-depp-spent-3m-blasting-hunter-s-thompson-ashes-from-cannon-ex-managers-claim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sMan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=80sMan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.