007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 145.
#1 1 year ago

I thought it would be best to separate out this Elwin game from the Gomez design

>Mr. Keith Elwin has designed a fourth model of James Bond and it's what we call the 60th-anniversary edition. His game covers all of the actors that have played the role and all of the films so I believe it's 25 films. His game spans the 25 films and his game is very different, I think it's limited to 500 units and it's a single-level playfield like old school. It's got reels in the back box. Yes, you heard me right, it's got reels in the back box. Programmed by Mark Penacho who goes back to Williams Electronics days.

>The art on his game is all 25 films are represented with their film posters on the sides of the game, on the playfield every actor that's played Bond, Connery, Pierce Brosnan, George Lazenby, of course, Daniel Craig, Roger Moore, they’re all represented on the playfield. Then there's elements he's got villains from each of the Bonds and he's got game features from each of the Bonds. His gadgets and his weapons and stuff work differently than mine but he's basically picked a representative device from each.

It's officially "call for pricing"

Also known details: in line drop targets, drop targets banks, 4 opto spinners (one like Odd Job's hat), saucers, newton ball

#2 1 year ago

Is this an all-original design or one adapted from a classic a la Beatles/Seawitch?

#3 1 year ago

I'm in but when do we get to see it? Even a teaser?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Is this an all-original design or one adapted from a classic a la Beatles/Seawitch?

IC podcast said fresh design

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

IC podcast said fresh design

Gomez also said Keith put a shot he’s never seen before in there…

#6 1 year ago

I would have been very happy to see what Elwin would have changed about a classic Stern like a Star Gazer, Quick Silver, Dragon Fist, etc

But an all new game? Be still my beating heart...Just wish I could afford one!

Hopefully a few end up on location near me. I love single level and hope Stern tries out more of them. The Beatles is easily among my most favorite Spike 2 games.

#7 1 year ago

Im happy its going to be an entirely new game.

#8 1 year ago

4 optical spinners...new design...old school feel...10 drops... can't wait to see it.

#9 1 year ago

Too bad it’s limited to 500. Being single level and new design I think they could have sold quite a few even with a premium price tag or higher. Doesn’t really compete with the cornerstone games.

#10 1 year ago

So what are the odds you can get all 4 spinners going at once. Has to be doable right?

I'd love to see something crazy like an inlane spinner you can shatz

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Too bad it’s limited to 500. Being single level and new design I think they could have sold quite a few even with a premium price tag or higher. Doesn’t really compete with the cornerstone games.

Agreed, I wish it had a Beatles like production run. I can find some golds out on location, but I've only see the platinum in private homes and never seen a diamond in person. And those were probably cheaper to buy! I can't imagine many will put this out on location besides a small handful of dedicated operators.

#12 1 year ago

gotta be at least $18k+ if an le is $13k

#13 1 year ago

'call for pricing' = you can't afford it

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

gotta be at least $18k+ if an le is $13k

If I was a distributor, I wouldn't blame one for holding a few of these back. These will likely be the crown jewel in an Elwin fan collection down the line.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If I was a distributor, I wouldn't blame one for holding a few of these back. These will likely be the crown jewel in an Elwin fan collection down the line.

possibly, guess it will depend on the game.
personally, those old style games really bore me

#16 1 year ago

Bummer that it's only 500 games. I like modern street level games. I would have already had an eyebrow raised if they just did beatles/seawitch and changed it to a Bond theme. I would have enjoyed that much more than a Beetles theme. So interesting to see what the fresh layout is.

#17 1 year ago

Crazy that it will cover all 25 movies.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

possibly, guess it will depend on the game.
personally, those old style games really bore me

Where as I'm the opposite

I love a single level game where all the shots are dangerous, you're constantly on the verge of losing the ball, and there aren't a bunch of safe shots to slowly grind out points. I'd rather have an intense 5 minute game than a 30 minute slog of shoot the flashing ramp.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Where as I'm the opposite
I love a single level game where all the shots are dangerous, you're constantly on the verge of losing the ball, and there aren't a bunch of safe shots to slowly grind out points. I'd rather have an intense 5 minute game than a 30 minute slog of shoot the flashing ramp.

I’m gonna like a new single level Elwin design with Bond theme. .

I love the theme so incorporating ALL Bonds should be great.

Beatles re-skin is ok but this will be Elwin next level!

#20 1 year ago

JAMES BOND 007

Stern’s James Bond 007 60th Anniversary Limited Edition pinball machines will immerse players in the history of 007. Limited to 500 machines globally, the highly collectible 60th Anniversary Limited Edition offers players a retro-inspired playfield packed with exciting mechanical action. Control the chaos from Oddjob’s kinetic spinning disc hat, survive tactical precision shots against 10 drop targets, escape SPECTRE’s evil henchmen navigating pinballs through 4 fast-flowing optical spinners, learn assignments through an in-playfield LCD screen, and rack up high scores on classic-style score reels.

“James Bond is as timeless as pinball. Partnering with EON Productions/Danjaq, MGM Studios and Aston Martin, we created a pinball adventure capturing the suspense, action, and humor from this beloved film series.” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO. “Get connected today and become a legend.”

#21 1 year ago

I'm way more excited for this pin than the Gomez pin

#22 1 year ago

My bet is many distros will ask $25,000+.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This was exactly my thought as well. 25-30k.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Distros will be hanging on to these longer than the Wrestlemania LEs if that is the case.

#25 1 year ago

I wonder what some of The Beatles diamonds went for. Sounded like a few went for 25k early, and then you rarely heard another peep about them. I know a lot of places were asking around 12-15k for the platinum early on. I knew someone who felt like they got a platinum for a bargain at 10.5k about a year after release.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Distros will be hanging on to these longer than the Wrestlemania LEs if that is the case.

All they need to find is 500 people who don't care what the price is. This is Elwin. They will sell out instantly as long as the distros don't get crazy greedy.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder what some of The Beatles diamonds went for. Sounded like a few went for 25k early, and then you rarely heard another peep about them. I know a lot of places were asking around 12-15k for the platinum early on. I knew someone who felt like they got a platinum for a bargain at 10.5k about a year after release.

But with Beatles, you could get the exact same game Gold for much cheaper. Not the case here.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But with Beatles, you could get the exact same game Gold for much cheaper. Not the case here.

That and they made nearly 2,000 Beatles.

Too bad they didn't feel the need to make a premium version. But I know a few wealthy collectors have been begging for the chance to buy an ultra exclusive, BOM be damned pin. So here you go fellas!

#29 1 year ago

This will be the first time I'm truly bummed that I'm priced out of a game. All the super-pricey stuff before this I either didn't want, or happily bought a pro/prem instead.

#30 1 year ago

Not even trying to that guy, but how is this good for the hobby?

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Shows strong demand for this style of game and maybe Stern tries out more single levels?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Depends on what "the hobby" is. Is it playing pinball or collecting pinball machines?

#33 1 year ago

I bet you a nickel the SLE is shown in 2 weeks during or around the Bond 60th anniversary celebration. Bond had its worldwide premiere October 5th 1962. Should be a celebration of all things Bond. This should also give distributors enough time to get a huge backlog of orders in.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

Depends on what "the hobby" is. Is it playing pinball or collecting pinball machines?

There is definitely both...

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Crazy that it will cover all 25 movies.

That could be a simple as a golden gun on the playfield, or a submarine car on a plastic.

Time for some speculation fun: Just because it "covers all 25 movies" doesn't mean it features the likeness of every actor to portray Bond. You don't have to pay Timothy Dalton to have a rendering of a rocket launching boom box in the game somewhere.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

How is it bad for the hobby?

There's always been plenty of games in the hobby that most people can't afford and/or get a hold of. This will just be another one, I think.

Bond pro looks like a fantastic game and it's $7K. And I saw a few $400 EMs for sale in cleveland. As always, there's something for everybody in this hobby!

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That could be a simple as a golden gun on the playfield, or a submarine car on a plastic.
Time for some speculation fun: Just because it "covers all 25 movies" doesn't mean it features the likeness of every actor to portray Bond. You don't have to pay Timothy Dalton to have a rendering of a rocket launching boom box in the game somewhere.

Idk, I'm guessing they'll have all of them. It could just be movie poster art repurposed though. I was pretty surprised at how much was on the Gomez Bond

I wonder if there will be any easter eggs to Sega Goldeneye for that particular movie tie in.

#38 1 year ago

Where is this advertised!?

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

https://sternpinball.com/game/james-bond-007/

Stern’s James Bond 007 60th Anniversary Limited Edition pinball machines will immerse players in the history of 007. Limited to 500 machines globally, the highly collectible 60th Anniversary Limited Edition offers players a retro-inspired playfield packed with exciting mechanical action. Control the chaos from Oddjob’s kinetic spinning disc hat, survive tactical precision shots against 10 drop targets, escape SPECTRE’s evil henchmen navigating pinballs through 4 fast-flowing optical spinners, learn assignments through an in-playfield LCD screen, and rack up high scores on classic-style score reels.

“James Bond is as timeless as pinball. Partnering with EON Productions/Danjaq, MGM Studios and Aston Martin, we created a pinball adventure capturing the suspense, action, and humor from this beloved film series.” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO. “Get connected today and become a legend.”

Games configured for North America operate on 60 cycle electricity only.

These games will not operate in countries with 50 cycle electricity (including but not limited to Europe, UK, Australia).

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

it’s on their website but without details

https://sternpinball.com/game/james-bond-007/

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Shows strong demand for this style of game and maybe Stern tries out more single levels?

But a 500 unique playfield and limited edition game won't really tell interest. I'm sure there's 500 people that will, no questions on price, buy every single Stern game made from now on.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How is it bad for the hobby?
There's always been plenty of games in the hobby that most people can't afford and/or get a hold of. This will just be another one, I think.
Bond pro looks like a fantastic game and it's $7K. And I saw a few $400 EMs for sale in cleveland. As always, there's something for everybody in this hobby!

With modern games, especially stern (exception being LE), you have plenty of time to get in on production and have an order to eventually get a game made. This isn't some boutique one off pinball manufacturer here. They have the capability to make lots of these and not limit it to 500. But overall, I don't think it's a good thing. Taking an existing pro/premium level game and then putting a bunch of custom art/mods is fine for some "call and ask" pricing. But actually putting it behind potentially a unique and apparently brand new game design limited to 500? I'd like to play this game, but I bet these will just collect dust in the vast majority of collector's basements.

#42 1 year ago

edit nevermind

#43 1 year ago

Stern making a lot of money is good for the hobby because Stern is the backbone of the industry. A healthy Stern is a healthy industry. A healthy industry makes better products

Don't get me wrong. I'm nearly priced out of the NIB hobby too. I can swing a pro or premium, but this is too much for me. It is what it is though.

I don't think it's amazing for the consumer, but it's a luxury toy. I'm not going to get too outraged about a niche manufacturer enjoying the good times while they last.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

But a 500 unique playfield and limited edition game won't really tell interest. I'm sure there's 500 people that will, no questions on price, buy every single Stern game made from now on.

With modern games, especially stern (exception being LE), you have plenty of time to get in on production and have an order to eventually get a game made. This isn't some boutique one off pinball manufacturer here. They have the capability to make lots of these and not limit it to 500. But overall, I don't think it's a good thing. Taking an existing pro/premium level game and then putting a bunch of custom art/mods is fine for some "call and ask" pricing. But actually putting it behind potentially a unique and apparently brand new game design limited to 500? I'd like to play this game, but I bet these will just collect dust in the vast majority of collector's basements.

You never know, I got to play a Primus on location and they only made 100 of those (granted there is a lot unequal about that example)

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I didn’t get this impression listening to the podcast this morning.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn’t get this impression listening to the podcast this morning.

Unless they specially said “it’s got every bond actor’s likeness” I would be highly skeptical!

No mention of that on stern’s site either. You’d think they’d lead with that, no?

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Too bad they didn't feel the need to make a premium version. But I know a few wealthy collectors have been begging for the chance to buy an ultra exclusive, BOM be damned pin. So here you go fellas!

They all went over to the Trailer Trash thread waiting with baited breath for the reveal.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

But I know a few wealthy collectors have been begging for the chance to buy an ultra exclusive, BOM be damned pin. So here you go fellas!

I was thinking this was more of a gift to dealers, but I suppose it is for the whales too.

#49 1 year ago

One negative is that it's a keith Elwin game that 99% of us will never have a chance of getting to play. I'd rather Elwin spend his time designing games I might see in the wild sometime. The plus side is that something super cool and unique will be created that would not exist in a normal pricing scheme anyway.

The big negative is that it's the only SLE type game that I'd actually want to own.

#50 1 year ago

Yeah our only complaints are it's expensive (granted we've seen nothing lol)

And by the sound of it, it is an expensive game with multiple drop target banks, opto spinners (these things are costly), some custom molded toys, etc..

So even if it wasn't a SLE, it'd probably be a 10k premium

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Contact
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?hl=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.